Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Articulated fingers?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

taylormayd

Articulated fingers?

Post by taylormayd »

After buying a second silicone doll from an asian manufacturer (Dollsweet), I looked back at my Realdoll2 (2020) and realized that her hands are not fully articulated. I didn't even realize that was possible until I received my Dollsweet, which has amazing hands that can be posed in any position.

As realistic and pretty as my Realdoll is, I have to admit that now that I've experienced a doll with fully articulated, beautifully sculpted fingers, I look at my Realdoll's hands in disappointment every time I see her now. They cannot really be posed in any meaningful way, and they don't feel realistic. Additionally, they are a bit too big to be a woman's hands. Women have very thin, delicate hands which is expressed beautifully on my Dollsweet, but in comparison, the hands on my Realdoll are too thick and wide.

So I have to ask - did I just get a Realdoll without these articulated fingers through my own misfortune, or was this an option that I failed to select somehow, or has Realdoll never actually done proper, fully articulated fingers on their dolls? Abyss has done a lot of great things with their dolls, but the hands, if my experience is standard, are one area they are clearly lacking in.

Brick

Re: Articulated fingers?

Post by Brick »

Realdoll has never offered those type of hands. And I do agree that the RD hands are on the larger side, specially the body A IMO…
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

Brick wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:20 am Realdoll has never offered those type of hands. And I do agree that the RD hands are on the larger side, specially the body A IMO…
That is not completely true. They did have articulated fingers as an option for a while but stopped doing it - I think around the time they introduced Duracast hands and feet. I did ask about this in one of your videos you did on the factory floor, i think with Mike or Jeff. They said that it was possible to make a special order and they would look at doing it but it was no longer a stock option.

Brick

Post by Brick »

I have never seen a doll or heard of a doll with articulating fingers, cat. I did see a mechanical hand they tried to cover with silicone , but the silicone couldn’t take the movement without tearing or splitting at the joints. And yes, RD can give you articulating fingers or really anything you want, but it’s going to cost you…

taylormayd

Post by taylormayd »

Brick wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:18 am I have never seen a doll or heard of a doll with articulating fingers, cat. I did see a mechanical hand they tried to cover with silicone , but the silicone couldn’t take the movement without tearing or splitting at the joints. And yes, RD can give you articulating fingers or really anything you want, but it’s going to cost you…
So... along these lines, if I wanted to order a Body C with gel implants in the ass, would that be possible as an extra option for more money?

Brick

Post by Brick »

Yes, the cost would be prohibitive at $35-50k as RD would have to create a completely new body mold to accommodate the gels. And they might have to change the pelvic skeleton size to keep the same body measurement’s, which would have to entail some R&D on the parts from their vendors. Which would add, I have to think another 20-30k to the over all price. That body mold is very thin and there would have to be a lot of engineering to keep that form, with gels added. Everything below the waist would have to change….

Brick

Post by Brick »

taylormayd wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:20 am
Brick wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:18 am I have never seen a doll or heard of a doll with articulating fingers, cat. I did see a mechanical hand they tried to cover with silicone , but the silicone couldn’t take the movement without tearing or splitting at the joints. And yes, RD can give you articulating fingers or really anything you want, but it’s going to cost you…
So... along these lines, if I wanted to order a Body C with gel implants in the ass, would that be possible as an extra option for more money?
Along with the price tag on this project, it would take 12-15 months to complete. This is all an estimate, could take longer or cost less or more. But I think l am in the ball park on it.

taylormayd

Post by taylormayd »

Wow. I didn't realize something seemingly simple like butt gels would entail so much work.

Definitely not worth it!

On another note, is it possible to get a Body C with 2x breast enhancement rather than just 1x? If so, how much extra is that?

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

taylormayd wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:51 am Wow. I didn't realize something seemingly simple like butt gels would entail so much work.

Definitely not worth it!

On another note, is it possible to get a Body C with 2x breast enhancement rather than just 1x? If so, how much extra is that?
If I were you I would give them a call instead of asking here. In my experience they are happy to help with quotes for whatever you want be that articulated fingers or boob implants. They do not have a reputation for being cheap but they can let you know what your options will cost you.

Here is the contact details, so you can phone, send a mail or live chat with them.
https://www.realdoll.com/contact-us/

PS: Let us know what they quote you, especially for the fingers as i think a lot of people will want to know.

Brick

Post by Brick »

taylormayd wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:51 am Wow. I didn't realize something seemingly simple like butt gels would entail so much work.

Definitely not worth it!

It is a good idea to call and ask about the pricing and availability of your modifications. And on a technical note. I highly recommend NOT getting a breast enhancement on the Body C. The smaller the breasts the firmer they come out with enhancement. I dont think they offer an enhancement on the C, because of the firmer issue. A double on the C would come out hard, like cue balls on her chest. But they might do it for you. The cost the last time I looked was $850 for 1 enhancement. On that body I don't think the would chance a double. But money talks and bullshit walks........good luck, Brother!

taylormayd

Post by taylormayd »

Sounds about right, Brick. It's such a shame that the Body C can't look more like a real Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model. I love tall (5'10"+) women, but I also love them with nice B/C cup breasts, like the girls that pose for SI Swimsuit edition. I wish Abyss would re-design the Body C to look more like that and less like an anorexic fashion model, but I know that's not happening any time soon. Oh well.

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

catlikederek wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:46 am

Definitely not worth it!

If I were you I would give them a call instead of asking here. In my experience they are happy to help with quotes for whatever you want be that articulated fingers or boob implants. They do not have a reputation for being cheap but they can let you know what your options will cost you.

Here is the contact details, so you can phone, send a mail or live chat with them.
https://www.realdoll.com/contact-us/

PS: Let us know what they quote you, especially for the fingers as i think a lot of people will want to know.
Agreed with catlikederek. It is easier to contact Abyss directly to get information. I am an Abyss Affiliated, but I don't get more information than regular realdoll owners.

I contacted Abyss for the articulated fingers, I will keep everyone updated. In any case, articulated fingers are quickly becoming industry standard these days.

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Note that years ago Upsux got his Taylor a Body-C up sized but just a single +. I sorta remember another Body-C that was +1, but I'm sure she was on CRD, and since Abyss did away with all historic info when they killed CRD I have no way to look :(
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

0osik wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:51 pm Note that years ago Upsux got his Taylor a Body-C up sized but just a single +. I sorta remember another Body-C that was +1, but I'm sure she was on CRD, and since Abyss did away with all historic info when they killed CRD I have no way to look :(
Hey 0osik

I am thinking Taylor (right) was not up sized. His Mia (left) had the same face (Victoria?) but on a Body A - Mia looks up sized a cup from C to D.

This is from the Doll Album Photo Challenge Winner Archive.

TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:26 pm
0osik wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:51 pm Note that years ago Upsux got his Taylor a Body-C up sized but just a single +. I sorta remember another Body-C that was +1, but I'm sure she was on CRD, and since Abyss did away with all historic info when they killed CRD I have no way to look :(
Hey 0osik

I am thinking Taylor (right) was not up sized. His Mia (left) had the same face (Victoria?) but on a Body A - Mia looks up sized a cup from C to D.

This is from the Doll Album Photo Challenge Winner Archive.

This is the stock Renee 2.0 from Realdoll.com Taylor in the picture you posted is larger.
renee_rd2_config2_7-1369269413.jpg
renee_rd2_config2_7-1369269413.jpg (154.15 KiB) Viewed 851 times

INFORMATIONS