It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  
Search for:

Post subject: Review of my 1st PC doll
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:28 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

QUICK SUMMARY:

After weighing the plusses and minuses, I’ve decided that my 1st-PC doll was worth the money and effort… but just barely. The quality of my doll was as advertised. The make-up job was as requested… and nicely done, actually. Unfortunately, 1st-PC goofed on my order… they did not paint her nails, and they did not send me the extra silicone I specified on my order form. All things considered… yes, I am happy with my doll, but quality control concerning orders is… dismal.

And that about sums it up.

However, if you want details, they follow. I have not named my doll yet... that will have to be something I do after being with her a while. I apologize for using such a clinical style of review, but the hot stuff will have to wait. :oops:

EDIT ON 6/29: The silicone arrived several weeks later; see addendum later in this thread.

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:28 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

ORDER TIMETABLE:

Order mailed in: Early April 2007.
First payment deducted from the bank on: 4/21/07
Doll arrived: 5/18/07
Second payment deducted: 5/19/07

After mailing my order in, I kept expecting a receipt from 1st-PC… but nothing came. After about 2 weeks, I called and verified that yes, they had received my order.

Actually, I called 1st-PC four times total. The first call was to verify they’d received my order and understood it. The second was to verify a detail on the order. The final two times were requests for a completion date, and to remind them that I MUST have an email, complete with tracking number, sent to me when delivery was imminent.

Assuming construction began around the time of the first deduction, I’d say it took about 6 weeks from the 1st deduction to delivery… which was within the time frame on their website.

I received an email on the same day UPS received the pickup order… which meant I had approximately one day to change or cancel it… but this was unnecessary.

I also had an important special request:

“If at all possible, please check that delivery date will NOT be on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, as I am out of town on those days, and wouldn’t be able to receive it. I realize you cannot guarantee this.”

Delivery occurred on a Tuesday… perfect!

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:29 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

DELIVERY:

UPS often drops boxes off at my doorstep without me having to sign for them… but I didn’t expect them to do it with a crate THIS large… yet they did! 8O

Therefore, it was up to me to bring it inside and haul it upstairs.

I began pulling it through the front door… and the crate immediately fell off the dolly, hit the ground, and rolled over twice… along with my stomach… before it finally stopped. Boy, did I feel stupid! :crazyeyes: :oops:

I was to discover later that no damage whatsoever had incurred… amazing! To me, this says something positive about 1st-PC’s packaging. I’d have to say that if your doll is damaged when you receive it, then it has gone through exceptionally bad handling, even beyond that of dropping the crate off a dolly!

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:29 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

SPECIFICATIONS:

The following specifications are from my order form:

Head Choice: NATALIE HEAD
Body Style : FULL BODY
Body Type: NATALIE BODY
Silicon Gel kit: 5 lbs ($100)

I’d like the design and appearance to be identical to the image on the 1st PC website in Gallery TWO of the Natalie model. My favorite image is at this link:
http://www.1st-pc.com/large_images/thumb_4_large.htm

1) This image represents the exact skin tone, makeup, nipple size/color, and hair style/color that I want.
2) Special attention to the eye makeup to match that in the image is requested… I like the natural look… the lack of heavy makeup in the image is perfect.
3) Finger and toenails are to be pink.
4) I prefer a Fleshlight ribbed vaginal insert.
5) Please feel free to contact me via phone or email with any questions or concerns.

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:30 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

INITIAL PRODUCT EVALUATION:

The first thing I noticed when I opened up the crate was that my doll had no hair! The wig is supplied new, in-package, to be installed by the owner. That was OK… if there’s one thing I love to do is brush my doll’s hair. It just may be my favorite thing.

She was clothed in a simple tank top and cotton panties… nothing special. That’s ok, I had a nice blue teddy, garters, stockings, and shoes all ready for her.

I noticed when I removed her from the crate that she was light… this delighted me to no end! No more exhausting preparation or sweat from moving her. She was shorter than I’d expected, though she’s wasn’t too unrealistically short (like a Teddy Babe).

As noted by some other owners, her feet and ankles seemed to be crafted separately, and the silicone is a slight tinge different in color. I expected this, so wasn’t disappointed… but the difference in color (on my doll) is barely noticeable.

More disturbing was the fact that the finger and toenails were not painted… and I specifically requested pink nails. Of course, I can do this part myself; nevertheless, it was disappointing.

I expected to have silicone “sweating”, so one of the first things I did was to powder her down with baby powder. This brings about my first real critique: the skin texture. The “flesh” is not as smooth as real flesh… there is a definite texture that, while minor and not too distracting, isn’t exactly the most realistic I’ve ever felt, either. I’d compare it (somewhat) to that of a freshly-washed racquetball. Though baby powder helps a lot to making it feel smooth, it is still a bit unrealistic.

That brings me to my number one complaint about the doll construction… the disturbingly spindly-thin nature of the legs and thighs. They are beyond thin... they're anorexic!

I’m a “leg man”… meaning that objectively, a nice pair of beefy female thighs raises my tent faster than a cute face, big boobs or a nice ass. Unfortunately, when squeezing most parts of the doll, there is a distinct “hollow” feel and this is especially prevalent in the upper legs.

Now I’ve read that one can inject silicone… but this would add to the weight of the doll… something that I’d like to avoid. I am considering creating an incision and inserting foam or something similar instead. This would be my first ever major doll project, and I’ll certainly post it on TDF if I end up doing it. In the meantime, stockings and garters with this doll are an absolute must… otherwise, I can’t help but imagine someone with advanced anorexia or malnutrition. Not my cup of tea at all.

Her bust is very nice. It is stated that the 1st-PC boobs will “deflate” over time. Therefore, I included an order for $100’s worth of extra silicone… but, this order was not filled. This confirmed some of the quality control reports I’ve read about… however, I’m glad that the doll construction itself seemed to be superior to that in most of the reports I’ve read.

I had requested a Fleshlight insert. To be honest, I can’t tell if it’s actually a Fleshlight or not… but it feels similar. Anyway, I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect here… but was hoping I wouldn’t have to “deflower” her like I’ve read one must with 1st-PC dolls. I wasn’t to worry… the insert had been craftily blended into the silicone of the doll. Though it isn’t removable, the look is very natural, and I’m all about that… for me, the extra effort to clean her after use is worth the realistic natural beauty. This part of the doll actually exceeded my expectations.

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:30 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

POSING and SEX:

Initially, I didn’t like sex with this doll, due to the oily nature of the silicone. However, after I completely washed her and fit her with a high-quality wig, some nice clothes and a bit of perfume, I discovered sex with her was stellar!

The light weight of this doll is wonderful, and the main selling point for me. After my experiences with trying to wrestle a Realdoll around, I was immensely pleased with the 1st-PC.

This doll’s limbs are flexible, but cannot be posed… but I knew that when I bought her. Bending the limbs will always give a slight bit of resistance, as the silicone always tries to pull her back into her standard resting position. The good news is that bending the arms and legs is not hard, though the deformity that occurs at the “joints” can be quite distracting. The silicone is very flexible… so far I’ve not experienced any tearing, but I’m reasonably careful with her.

I found most standard positions possible, though doggie is exceptional. Having her on top is very lovely as well.

The vagina is (I believe) a Fleshlight, the feel of which is pretty darn great. I won’t waste time comparing it to a real vagina here; suffice it to say that I personally have no problems with it... either cleaning or standard usage.

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

CLEANING/STORAGE:

The silicone was oily, and it was obvious I needed to clean it off. She has a rope that runs through the silicone in the back of her neck and is (I think) attached to the skeleton. She normally hangs from a screw located inside the top of the storage crate, and another strap inside the crate supports her at her midsection. So far, this storage method has been very easy and convenient.

At first I didn’t like the rope sticking out of her neck, but it turns out that it is a great thing, because it has made cleaning her extremely simple! I suspend her from a hook I’ve affixed to the ceiling in my shower. This makes cleaning her entire body simple as can be, and can also be used to dress her if I have something complicated I want to put on her.

Best of all, though… Since I don’t have the dread of hauling 100 pounds around (as I did with my Realdoll), I tend to play with her much more often.

The silicone is oily… no getting around that. There were no cleaning instructions of any kind included with my doll, nor could I find any on 1st-PC’s website. Thank the gods for the Doll Forum! :wink:

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

SUMMARY:

The doll itself was within the specs on 1st PC’s website. She was delivered in the 4-6 week timeframe, and my requests for delivery were met. The packaging was exceptional, and I have no serious complaints about doll itself.

However, I was never notified when or if my order had been received. In my experience, orders are almost always followed up with an e-mail acknowledgement if an e-mail address is requested with the order… after all, 1st-PC has a web address. Considering the somewhat sensitive nature of this product, I feel that customer service is especially important…

However, the lack of response eventually forced me to call 1st-PC… and while I never had problems getting someone on the phone, I found having to pay for a long distance call, as well as dig for basic information, a bit annoying. On the other hand, they DID submit a delivery email and the doll was delivered as per my requested instructions.

Despite the fact that my order was typed out and exceptionally legible, these aspects of my order were ignored or overlooked:

1) I ordered pink-colored finger and toenails. They arrived completely unpainted.

2) I ordered 5 pound silicone gel kit. This was not included.

3) On 1st-PC’s website is a FAQ which states that every order will receive a cleaning kit. All I received was a smallish turkey baster… I hardly would call that a “kit”. In fact, I was also surprised there was no owner’s manual or cleaning instructions of any kind included whatsoever… just the doll, her wig in a separate package, and a turkey baster. That was it.

What can I say? In my own experience (and in posts on TDF) managing customer orders is apparently not one of 1st-PC’s strengths. I have no idea if this lack of QC affects 1st-PC… all I know is that there’s a definite communication problem that extends from order to delivery.

The doll itself is a delight. She arrived in perfect condition and, though I would change certain things in the body shape to make her more realistic, ultimately I’m satisfied.

If Realdoll represents the high end of silicone dolls, then I think (in my case) that 1st-PC is priced about right for the doll quality delivered, despite the obvious issues with QC. In the near future, I suspect competition in this price bracket will force manufacturers to increase the amount of doll realism and overall customer service quality for the price; but for now, 1st-PC seems to stand as the best option (without importing) in this price bracket.

Ultimately, the question is: Would I recommend 1st-PC? That’s a hard question to answer. My doll is unquestionably a good product at what I feel is an adequate price versus quality given the various dolls available at this time. However, my order was not filled properly, as noted above. Therefore, I can only conclude that there is a certain amount of risk involved if you do not take the time to aggressively communicate with 1st-PC by phone and make your order crystal clear. Personally, I will probably not order from them again -- but I think they DO make a good doll for the price.

AIM Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:52 pm 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

8)
You did, of course phone RJ and get the 5lbs of silicone sent to you right?

They will always do that.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:58 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

No, but there is more going on than just that, not reported in my review. I will update in the future if necessary... sorry for being cryptic.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:43 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

8O
I also bought a 5lb kit from RJ - it was shipped in a separate box.

No way it could ship in a doll's box. Just not happening!

A 5lb kit is quite a bit of silicone. It will fill many boobs to maximum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:44 am 
Former Member

Excellent review shy_j. I agree with the points that you made about the quality control and the few blemishes of the doll that seem to be standard issues with 1st pc dolls. But I think that the limbs wanting to move back to their original positions is more due to the bungee cord than the silicone. I haven't tried my doll yet (even though Ive had her since December of last year) but once the repairs and enhancements are done, I too will post my thoughts about her use. I hope the other things work out ok for you concerning the gel. I have a large amount of gel and skin right now waiting for use in repairs. If you haven't already, please post pics of your doll. I obviously haven't put new ones up yet, but the old pics can be seen in the doll album archive under the name of Nadine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:56 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

8)
I agree - pics of the doll would be highly appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:13 pm 

Very well written review shy_j, thankyou for sharing ^^. Its great you wrote such a well written review for people that have thought of buying a 1st PC at one time or another. I've read alot of peoples reviews on here about there 1st PC dolls and it seems that its like a gamble when you receive your 1st PC. Either you will get a doll in good condition or a doll that is poorly made -lol-. Well I'm happy in your case you received one of the good ones. Once again excellent review, it gave me some new insight to think about if I ever do consider getting a 1st PC in the future and yes plz do post some pics when you get a chance ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:07 am 

Yes, Good Review, shy_j! :) ! Thanks for sharing! I once thought about purchasing a 1st P.C. (the price was right!), but found the "dis-jointed", "Frankenstein's Monster" Look of the feet and hands a Major TURN-OFF! Hey, if you are TRUELY a "LEG MAN"..I'm talkin" MEATY Thighs, SHAPELY!....?... (...?..)..., oh crap! Now I got that old Frank Zappa Tune Running through my Head!........"Big Leg Emma"!........("well there's a big delema 'bout my Big Leg Emma, oh yeah!..ah ha!..she used to knock me out until her face broke out...she was my steady date until she put on weight")....does anyone remember that song?...oh well, don't matter! Shy_j, if your a Leg Man, shop around for a Mechadoll!...Hildie (a Leeloo) has a GREAT PAIR of Legs!..( a little TOO firm, but big and shapely, and soften up in time!)..if you have an extra SEVEN THOUSAND to throw away, then Realdoll has a few Body Types with Really Great LEGS!

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next