Starpery.com

Why not a jointed plastic doll?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
strokerace

Why not a jointed plastic doll?

Post by strokerace »

I just don't understand why someone hasn't made a plastic type doll, about 4 feet tall or so, and just make a hole or two for an insert. Sure, they are going to be cold to the touch and pretty hard, but one could add some rubber-like padding on a few specific places to make the doll more enjoyable.

Surely the cost would be cheaper than silicone and the durability would be near perfect.

Just to give an idea of what they could look like, here are some plastic dolls that are about 2 foot tall and are absolutely beautiful. I may purchase one just to have it hang out with me at my computer desk.

http://www.dimdoll.com

I mean, after looking at the dolls on that site it really makes me wonder why someone doesn't just make some like that, but just a foot or so bigger with a hole for an insert.

kharma
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by kharma »

The new Selene Love Goddess doll sounds like what you want, and should be coming to the states soon for around $400. It is a 9 inch rubber-like material with legs, arms and head jointed at the torso.

You can also buy a larger dolls and modify it yourself by drilling holes in it. Some have used mannequins for this purpose, especially seated versions with legs spread. Stuff a large piece of foam inside the hole and then use a hot iron to burn out a smaller channel inside the foam, this will retain an insert for you.

kharma
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by kharma »

oops, I meant 9mm, not 8 inches! Just like a man to exaggerate the size!

Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

a silicon doll is just close to reality, softness, weight, have one in your arm and you will not forget it

Perry
Ex-Member

Re: Why not a jointed plastic doll?

Post by Perry »

strokerace wrote:I just don't understand why someone hasn't made a plastic type doll, about 4 feet tall or so, and just make a hole or two for an insert. Sure, they are going to be cold to the touch and pretty hard, but one could add some rubber-like padding on a few specific places to make the doll more enjoyable.

Surely the cost would be cheaper than silicone and the durability would be near perfect.

Just to give an idea of what they could look like, here are some plastic dolls that are about 2 foot tall and are absolutely beautiful. I may purchase one just to have it hang out with me at my computer desk.

http://www.dimdoll.com

I mean, after looking at the dolls on that site it really makes me wonder why someone doesn't just make some like that, but just a foot or so bigger with a hole for an insert.
Hi strokerace, and welcome to The Doll Forum.

I own two Japanese Ball Jointed Dolls, as well as a RealDoll.

Are you talking about a big doll that is jointed at elbow, knee, wrist, ankle, in addition to the usual shoulder and hip joints?

Have you seen the Orient Industries's CandyGirl line of products? They have 'relatively' inexpensive vinyl dolls ($1,000US to $2,500US??? don't quote me) that are very attractive and get enthusiastic reviews here. They are only jointed at the neck, shoulder and hip, however.

http://www.orient-doll.com/lineup/cg_soft/index.html

Hope this helps

strokerace

Post by strokerace »

Thanks for the responses guys. I've looked at the Candygirl dolls before, and I want one really bad, but they are still a bit too expensive for me. The Selene Love Goddess doll actually sounds like it might be exactly what I'm looking for.

Then again, I may just start a little quest and try my hand at making my own.

INFORMATIONS