Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Wait time right now for new orders

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

FBC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Wait time right now for new orders

Post by FBC »

mitchrd wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:20 pm I hope not
ZZ48UUP up there whose doll is now in the makeup chair ordered during the black friday sale last year. I ordered during the black friday sale and my doll isn't in production yet. It is great if they've managed to increase efficiency - but if their backlog is 10 months right now reason suggests you should manage your expectations. That way you might be pleasantly surprised rather than negatively.

FBC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by FBC »

ZZ48UUP wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:22 pm Make sure you have another doll to occupy your time until it arrives.
Also, this is sound advice. If the RealDoll is your first doll there is nothing wrong with getting another doll in the meantime. Otherwise you might find yourself distracted by the RD you don't yet have. It'll give you some experience in how to keep from accidentally damaging dolls. And in the long term, two dolls are definitely better than one, even if one of them has different characteristics and is cheaper because you used your budget on the RD.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Appreciate it. Just so set on getting a RD and it took all of my budget. and wasnt sure about tpe dolls but tempted to get Britney from tantaly to distract me for now being cheap and small.

princesshunt3r
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by princesshunt3r »

Well it looks like my Willow is in the final stretch. She was poured earlier this week I believe. No exact date when it was. So I am assuming shipped yet this week if all goes like I was told.
I ordered during Black Friday special last November as well. So that will give you all an idea of the actual production time. 10 months. It is a very upside down world we live in so I do understand what Abyss has to undertake to get back on track. We are paying for a work of art, not a majorly mass produced Chinese made one.
I think if I would have known how long it actually was going to take from order time to receiving it would not have led to a bit of disappointment. So hopefully in the next week I will receive her. The anticipation is building.
Had a Princess once and she got away.
I guess I should have used a bigger rope.
But now you can get to see Princess Kayleigh viewtopic.php?t=162411

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

princesshunt3r wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:20 pm Well it looks like my Willow is in the final stretch. She was poured earlier this week I believe. No exact date when it was. So I am assuming shipped yet this week if all goes like I was told.
I ordered during Black Friday special last November as well. So that will give you all an idea of the actual production time. 10 months. It is a very upside down world we live in so I do understand what Abyss has to undertake to get back on track. We are paying for a work of art, not a majorly mass produced Chinese made one.
I think if I would have known how long it actually was going to take from order time to receiving it would not have led to a bit of disappointment. So hopefully in the next week I will receive her. The anticipation is building.

I have the EXACT same opinion as you princesshunter! I realize how special this is but I was under the impression she would have arrived in late June. I wouldn't have kept bothering Samuel and become frustrated if I had just known it was 10 months upfront.

But I don't think it's in the commercial interests of Abyss for clients to know that wait times are 10 months rather than 6 months.

Brick

Post by Brick »

I think that we all have to understand that getting solid delivery dates from any vendor is impossible. I know that my work vendors are giving me delivery dates at 4-10 weeks……what? I have never seen a gap like that on parts or equipment. They tell me their suppliers are giving them wider gaps on their delivery’s..
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

yeah its ruff its a lot of money to have out and wait that long but feels worth it just hope with things back in order around there and supply issues handled they can get back to normal lead times.

princesshunt3r
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by princesshunt3r »

Also, this is sound advice. If the RealDoll is your first doll there is nothing wrong with getting another doll in the meantime. Otherwise you might find yourself distracted by the RD you don't yet have. It'll give you some experience in how to keep from accidentally damaging dolls. And in the long term, two dolls are definitely better than one, even if one of them has different characteristics and is cheaper because you used your budget on the RD.

This is great advice. Wishing I would have just for the experience of care.
Had a Princess once and she got away.
I guess I should have used a bigger rope.
But now you can get to see Princess Kayleigh viewtopic.php?t=162411

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

For those in the queue with me, know that I literally placed the order at 6am on Black Friday. I was likely the first order resulting from the sale. Hopefully that helps you determine how close you are in the queue depending on when you made your purchase.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

ZZ48UUP wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:36 pm For those in the queue with me, know that I literally placed the order at 6am on Black Friday. I was likely the first order resulting from the sale. Hopefully that helps you determine how close you are in the queue depending on when you made your purchase.
LOL I am never going to get my Doll, I placed my oder on the last hours of Black Friday sale window.
Thankfully I have a RD2 Body B from 10 years ago. That one took 10 ish weeks if I remember from them receiving the order to shipping her out.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:20 pm
FBC wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:43 am
anonymousdfuser wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am I ordered a RDX a few weeks ago and I was given a timeline of 10 to 11 months unless I paid extra to expedite. So of course I expedited. I wouldn't recommend it if you are fine with waiting as it is quite expensive to expedite the order.
What was the timeline they gave for an expedited order?

Since Abyss has an emphasis on customizations and special requests and have said that their process is manual labor, I assume that they may have a challenge in expanding - to find people with suitable experience they'd have to pull from the special effects artist job market. That's assuming they want to expand and that they would get more orders if they advertised a shorter timeline given the competition from China. But it is worth noting that the option to pay extra to expedite must exist because they did not scale production.

I assume that timeline of 10 to 11 months for RDX right now, results mainly from their capability, the variable production times that must result from specializing in customizations and special requests, and perhaps the occasional customer skipping the queue (since I doubt paying to expedite translates to overtime).
I'll have my doll shipped by early September. However, they don't offer the option I chose anymore. I believe their current expedited option is 6 weeks from ordering to shipment, however that will cost 40% of your total cost. And the expedited option just lets you skip the queue. There isn't anything else to it.
Update: I got the doll a week ago. And.....it's going back to Abyss for replacement. What I got was super defective. I'm talking about is pretty severe skin delamination and the sealant coming off literally out of the crate. Plus the skeleton or foam core seems to be messed up. And the robot head was missing some magnets. And the SenseX insert completely died after two days, plus even that has the sealant coming off of it. No idea on when I'll be getting a replacement. Abyss is not very communicative, meaning they don't answer phone calls and I'm lucky if I get one email reply a day. I get they are busy, but I paid a lot of money for this, and what I got is very much subpar, so they should at least answer my emails. All I know is that they want the doll back and that it'll be on it's way tomorrow. And the robot head is already on its way to them.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

That's a disaster. I'm a month in the queue and not what I want to hear. Tempted to stop it and just get a wm tpe and only have a month or so to wait.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Yeah, "disaster" is a good word to describe it. The doll I got was absolutely beautiful, but you can't ignore the issues it has. I'm happy that everything will most likely be replaced, but the lack of communication is frustrating. And yes, I do understand they are a small company.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:19 am Yeah, "disaster" is a good word to describe it. The doll I got was absolutely beautiful, but you can't ignore the issues it has. I'm happy that everything will most likely be replaced, but the lack of communication is frustrating. And yes, I do understand they are a small company.
Wow this is so unlike Abyss. You aren't having a good run with dolls, this and also scrapping your Zelex. :(
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

FBC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by FBC »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:19 am Yeah, "disaster" is a good word to describe it. The doll I got was absolutely beautiful, but you can't ignore the issues it has. I'm happy that everything will most likely be replaced, but the lack of communication is frustrating. And yes, I do understand they are a small company.
Wow, that's not fun to hear while I'm waiting on my doll's turn in the queue. And you even paid for expedited production. Keep us updated! (though probably not in this topic).

INFORMATIONS