Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

SF's RealDoll stand

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

SF's RealDoll stand

Post by siliconefun »

Hi dear RealDoll & BoyToy lovers,

Today I want to show you my RealDoll stand which is a bit more sophisticated than the original RealDoll stand sold by Abyss.

Manufacturer: K&M 213 SPEAKER STAND - black / 21300-009-55
Link: https://www.k-m.de/en/products/speaker- ... tand-black
These stands are very common as stage equipment for speakers and lighting crossbars.
21302-009-55.jpg
21302-009-55.jpg (53.42 KiB) Viewed 736 times

Infinitely variable height adjustment with a hand crank and push-button system which prevents an uncontrolled reverse motion.
K&M+2130000955+SPEAKER+STAND-1.jpg
K&M+2130000955+SPEAKER+STAND-1.jpg (10.77 KiB) Viewed 736 times
This design is so perfect to make a good RealDoll stand!
20220414_172532.jpg
20220414_172532.jpg (231.5 KiB) Viewed 736 times
However, it's not possible to use this stand right out of the box to support a doll so a few custom-made parts were manufactured:
1) An adjustable back support with soft cushioning.
2.jpg
2.jpg (459.24 KiB) Viewed 736 times
20220414_172637.jpg
20220414_172637.jpg (173.6 KiB) Viewed 736 times
2) A hanging support that is fixed atop the extension tube with the integrated M10 mounting thread.
3.jpg
3.jpg (368.72 KiB) Viewed 736 times
Later, I modified the tripod legs to lower the overall stand height for smaller dolls.
1.jpg
1.jpg (520.89 KiB) Viewed 736 times
Now 8 years in use for indoor and mainly outdoor shootings it still does a perfect job!
20220414_172215.jpg
20220414_172215.jpg (183.2 KiB) Viewed 736 times

Cheers,

- SF -

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Re: SF's RealDoll stand

Post by young guy »

Great idea, sf! If you've been using it for that length of time, it shows that the stand must be well made and durable. Thanks for letting everyone know about it.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hey young guy,
dunno why I missed publishing this post over the years but I'm always happy to help around. This K&M tripod stand is well made, quite a bit heavy to move, but that's how Germans manufacture goods :D
Thank you!

- SF -
young guy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:12 pm Great idea, sf! If you've been using it for that length of time, it shows that the stand must be well made and durable. Thanks for letting everyone know about it.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

This is terrific SF! Thank you. You and our beloved Dodgeman have made some tremendous modifications like this and share with other Real Doll aficionados- We all appreciate you sharing the knowledge and experience.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hey TJ_Foxx,
just to say, I REALLY miss Dodgeman and I've learned so many wonderful things about RealDolls. Loving a doll (oh yes, I really do..) just simply explains why I'm doing this, I just want the best for them!
Thank you so much.

- SF -

TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:25 pm This is terrific SF! Thank you. You and our beloved Dodgeman have made some tremendous modifications like this and share with other Real Doll aficionados- We all appreciate you sharing the knowledge and experience.

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

Hi, siliconefun,
At first I thought that the original Abbyss Doll stand, which was actually imperfect, had been significantly improved. Only after a second look I realised the base is a K&M 213 speaker stand. So the parts needed especially for RealDolls are own made. In any case, the design is successful. Excellent!

Enchanted
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Enchanted »

Oh yes, pole dancing poses!
The Escapades of Esmee (photo thread):
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=144390
The search and buying your first doll... ideas, tips, the frustrations and all you will go through:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=140093
Review FutureDoll 163cm:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144301
Stained Silicone Doll:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144054

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

There are two major things about doll stands. 1) it should be a good stand for the doll 2) it should be easy to remove the stand from showing on pictures.

To me the Gibb-modoll RD3 stand was the best there was -no longer available for many years, and it was only offered in the UK (I was lucky Bob was willing to send one to mainland Europe, this was many years ago).

This one SF is showing might be an even better stand :thumbs_up:

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

Very cool, good work SF

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi Ekkehard,
the reason why I didn't order the original RealDoll stand was that I bought the K&M stand a few years before I ordered my first RealDoll. At that time I wanted to make a doll stand for my 4WOODS doll but the project failed so I decided to wreck the parts and build this project.
Thank you!

- SF -
Ekkehard wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:41 pm Hi, siliconefun,
At first I thought that the original Abbyss Doll stand, which was actually imperfect, had been significantly improved. Only after a second look I realised the base is a K&M 213 speaker stand. So the parts needed especially for RealDolls are own made. In any case, the design is successful. Excellent!

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi Nescio,
With the use of tripod stands, it's sometimes not easy to remove them from a pic so you need to take much care how to place the stand legs. Today I mainly use it for a pic in which I only focus on the upper body of the doll so that the stand is hidden. Too sad that the Gibb-modoll RD3 stand isn't available anymore but I remember the genius design.
Thank you!

- SF -
Nescio50 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:13 pm There are two major things about doll stands. 1) it should be a good stand for the doll 2) it should be easy to remove the stand from showing on pictures.

To me the Gibb-modoll RD3 stand was the best there was -no longer available for many years, and it was only offered in the UK (I was lucky Bob was willing to send one to mainland Europe, this was many years ago).

This one SF is showing might be an even better stand :thumbs_up:

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hey Enchanted,
that would be fine but the gals have a real dance pole :wink:
Final.jpg
Final.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 605 times
- SF -
Enchanted wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:01 pm Oh yes, pole dancing poses!

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hey catlikederek,
thank you for the compliment :thumbs_up:

- SF -
catlikederek wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:51 pm Very cool, good work SF

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

Hi, siliconefun,
may be removing parts of a tripod stand is difficult and elaborately. That's why I'm using a frame stand (beginning with the same stand descripted at the technique part of Uta's homepage, now a similar type with an accumulatoric driven winch Building diary).
Removing parts of a stand there is nothing others than removing the rope above the head. More inconspicuous, perhaps just as elaborate...

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi Ekkehard,
That's a nice installation you've done. I've had a mobile frame stand with a winch but I wrecked the whole equipment because it was too cumbersome to use in my sloped roof apartment.
I installed a few rail channels on the ceiling and that's far better and safer viewtopic.php?t=120322. Despite the rail channels, the doll stand will remain his place as 'shooting equipment' for some shootings sessions.

- SF -
Ekkehard wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:34 pm Hi, siliconefun,
may be removing parts of a tripod stand is difficult and elaborately. That's why I'm using a frame stand (beginning with the same stand descripted at the technique part of Uta's homepage, now a similar type with an accumulatoric driven winch Building diary).
Removing parts of a stand there is nothing others than removing the rope above the head. More inconspicuous, perhaps just as elaborate...

INFORMATIONS