Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Can Real Doll Orders Be Canceled

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Can Real Doll Orders Be Canceled

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Hi everyone.

I ordered my Real Doll during the Black Friday discount so I'm thinking Abyss wouldn't mind canceling the order because of the lower profit margin, but does anyone know their policy on cancellations?

The short version is that I lost my job last week and it looks like I'll be taking a 20 to 30k pay cut or have to relocate. I'm likely going to have a smaller apartment so a fourth doll just won't be feasible and I have limited space left in my rented garage for the shipping crate anyway.

As noted previously, I ordered this at the end of November. I haven't received any follow up from Abyss about production being started yet, likely due to production delays resulting from their move.

Since I know someone will ask, it was a Tanya with a Body A, freckles, stand and extra insert.

Thank you for your feedback.

gekker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Can Real Doll Orders Be Canceled

Post by gekker »

I would contact them, if production hasn't started it may be no problem.

If you can't cancel you can try contacting Galmato Haven. They can receive and resell the doll for a commission. A factory new with that config would sell pretty quickly IMO. http://www.galmatohaven.com

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

I agree about Galmato Haven - I'm always window shopping over there and the dolls move through pretty quickly. Your config would have pretty broad appeal.

Good luck with the job search!

:D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

selobl wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:44 pm I agree about Galmato Haven - I'm always window shopping over there and the dolls move through pretty quickly. Your config would have pretty broad appeal.

Good luck with the job search!

:D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
yes! Contact Reggie.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Contact them ASAP
They have an official policy below

https://www.realdoll.com/knowledgebase/ ... -my-order/

If it’s not in production yes
10% cancellation fee
45 days to get $$ back

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

PersianKat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:00 pm Contact them ASAP
They have an official policy below

https://www.realdoll.com/knowledgebase/ ... -my-order/

If it’s not in production yes
10% cancellation fee
45 days to get $$ back

Excellent find- TY for sharing PersianKat
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Thanks for all of the helpful and informative posts. This may have been a bit premature on my part. It looks like I'll be able to keep this despite the job loss. As it turns out, now is a very good time to be on the market. I anticipate landing a new position very soon.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Great news.
You would have definitely regretted canceling. We totally understand life happens.
Best part is you’ve done the hard part wait 90% of the back log

Yes it’s a workers market
Everyone is hiring etc
Hopefully you can land a gig and get another RD

I bought one 10 years ago.
Just ordered another Black Friday Body D
I just saw a members Body H photos and I want a 3rd doll now.

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

After receiving the update today about the price increase, I am really glad I didn't cancel this.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I was going to mention that. Yes, I am very glad you can keep you lady on her way to you!

All in all, as discouraging a s price increases are for anything, Abyss has held the line tremendously the last 7-8 years. This is perhaps the second maybe 3rd price increase since I came on the scene in 2015 AND there was a price roll back in between.. In effect it is a 2nd net increase as the rollback negated a price increase. The "entry" doll the Classic remains the same as does the Real Dollx and all accessories. Shipping costs did not increase either.

Matt gave us a very clear, articulate and sincere explanation with respect to our expectations.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:46 pm I was going to mention that. Yes, I am very glad you can keep you lady on her way to you!

All in all, as discouraging a s price increases are for anything, Abyss has held the line tremendously the last 7-8 years. This is perhaps the second maybe 3rd price increase since I came on the scene in 2015 AND there was a price roll back in between.. In effect it is a 2nd net increase as the rollback negated a price increase. The "entry" doll the Classic remains the same as does the Real Dollx and all accessories. Shipping costs did not increase either.

Matt gave us a very clear, articulate and sincere explanation with respect to our expectations.
agreed.
They hadn't raised prices in some time and they are likely on razor thin margins against the asian import dolls.
They kind of had too raise prices: Based on the prices of Silicone calking at Home Depot they were paying 15% more for Silicone alone. Let alone labor increases etc.
Hopefully moving to Nevada cuts costs compared to California. Also the move helps with shipping as Henderson NV is a warehousing hub and the shippers will cut them a break thanks to no need to go to Henderson from San Marcos and then back out on the road.
Based on the plant tours nothing is automated

INFORMATIONS