betterlovedoll.com

A doll to love and be loved by

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
BaconRid
Apprentice
Apprentice

A doll to love and be loved by

Post by BaconRid »

Hi all,

A few months ago I ran across this article (https://acortar.link/T5zorN) and changed my perspective about dolls which lead me to the point I am today. I love that the message is that man desire is not a "simple" as traditionally is seen and that it is more complex that is argued by current experts. I'd recommend it to check it out.

What are your thoughts?

-Ri

Wight
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: A doll to love and be loved by

Post by Wight »

Hi and welcome to the forums. Yeah that was a nice article, questioning some lingering belief systems. Personally I have always thought I am as complex as any woman I meet.
Ginevra's thread!
viewtopic.php?t=94375

BaconRid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BaconRid »

Wight wrote:Hi and welcome to the forums. Yeah that was a nice article, questioning some lingering belief systems. Personally I have always thought I am as complex as any woman I meet.

Thanks!

Well, yeah, that's the way to think about oneself. I guess what I had wrong with me is that I come from a background where I got the idea from my environment that simply bc I'm a man I just have "dirty" sexual desires and that's all. Only with time and yes, reading articles like this, is that I have left that way of seeing my self. Good for you for always thinking yourself as complex them (woman).

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Exactly...This subject has been repeatedly covered in countless threads on this Forum, These Dolls are more than just an expensive Masurbatory Toy to many people, also Women have been able to control and manipulate men through sexuality whether they realize it or not, since, the beginning of time, Modern Sex Dolls help balance some of that control.

BaconRid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BaconRid »

Woah, never thought it that way, the Dolls helping to balance the control women have, good point.

Philosopher
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Philosopher »

Very good article.
Silicone Kaylani Lei Abyss creations - 2013-2018
TPE Natalie 100 cm - AliExpress 2018-2020
TPE Coral 158 cm - AliExpress 2019-2022
TPE Azalea 140 cm - AliExpress 2021-2022
TPE Un-named 60 cm - AliExpress 2022
Silicone Scarlett Zelex Inspiration series 2023
TPE Sol 88 cm - AliExpress 2023
TPE Premium Akane 90 cm Irokebijin 2023

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

are guys talking about my wives?
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

20230201_181144.jpg
20230201_181144.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 259 times
Anastasia approves, as she's cuddling me and reading over my sholder.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

yes, they are certainly not dolls-for-sex the way dildos are for women.

I only have sex when Im super horny after probably two weeks of cuddling, hugging and kissing every night. Just as any normal married couple
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

emptyTrench
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by emptyTrench »

McMullen [RealDoll CEO] explained that the AI ... works like a Tamagotchi[.] [A] “love meter” rises if you give the AI compliments and express emotions – say, mentioning that you enjoy spending time with “her”.

This design choice is a moral one, McMullen explained. He wants to teach people to be better humans. ... People are one thing when you first meet them and they’re something else once you get to know them for a while.” He added after a pause, “With the robot, you can be yourself and just see how that goes.” McMullen describes building a relationship with the robot as a “safe zone”.

This decision to focus on connection is also the result of what McMullen has learned about his customer base: they crave a “bond”, as he put it. “This is about the mental and emotional interactions that we have with each other,” he said, gesturing around the room at the robot and table scattered with dolls’ heads. “The things that lead up to sex are deeper than just the physical act itself.”
Similar to Blade Runner 2049's Joi, the protagonists AI companion. She was real to Joe. He knew she was a product. But that didn't stop him from forming an attachment. I feel like the arrival of companion AI is imminent. While RealDoll has been working on their implementation, the explosion of ChatGPT has greatly accelerated the pace of its arrival. And I think we'll all live fuller lives with it.

For the status of current AI technology, there's a Twitch channel that uses AI to produce a never ending Seinfeld episode, called watchmeforever, It can broadcast continuously new content 24/7/365. For version 0.1, it's remarkable.

INFORMATIONS