Starpery.com

A Printed Stuffed Cloth Doll On A Halloween Skeleton

Got an idea? Need an invention?
stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

A Printed Stuffed Cloth Doll On A Halloween Skeleton

Post by stratzilla setz »

A long time ago, I posted randomly on this board about a skeleton torso+cloth doll experiment I did where the end product served me well for a long time.
001.jpg
001.jpg (167.85 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
The basic gist of this experiment was that I took a skeleton's torso I bought from Target for $25, made a sewing pattern by cutting up a clear blow up doll from Japan, and tracing it on cloth, and then I sewed it back together and stuffed it with fibre fill.
It was great because I could insert a fleshlight, it was not too heavy, and it required very little maintenance. It rarely left the bed, and it only cost about $60 in materials.
002.jpg
002.jpg (86.15 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
Over the years, the joints broke, I added a nude-colored jumpsuit to it, and tried all types of heads with it, and while it worked well as a sex doll, I noticed that it was lacking a visual aspect to it.
I did a brief experiment of printing a belly button and breast and found it helped a lot.
If there was an affordable jumpsuit with just a nude printed body on it, it would be an easy upgrade, but the only one I found was kind of costly and not shipped from any store I recognized.
skeleton.png
skeleton.png (68.59 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
skeleton2.png
skeleton2.png (275.51 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
When Halloween rolled around again this year, I saw this skeleton and bought it from $50. I had a thought.
What if I could print a pattern for a body, with the skin on it, sew it together, and have a cloth doll with the visual aspect to it built in?

So using a barbie doll, and math, I designed the pattern for the doll.
004.jpg
004.jpg (428.44 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
To make sure it worked and looked okay, I prototype'd a mini version first. This pattern has flaws. It's really difficult to sew the pelvic area, and the butt doesn't come out round enough because of the stitch lines.
003.jpg
003.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1681 times
I figured since it was cloth, if I filled it out enough it could round out. To see if the pattern lined up, I tried printing a prototype out of paper and tape.
005.jpg
005.jpg (540.9 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
To me it was mostly satisfactory. I might do things differently if I attempt this again, but I was eager to do it at a bigger scale.
Unfortunately, my printer can only print at letter size, so I had to cut up the pattern even more.
To print on fabric, I got freezer paper, ironed it to the back of fabric, cut it, and then printed it.
006.jpg
006.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1681 times
There were 47 sheets to print. It took hours.
007.jpg
007.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1681 times
After, I cut and began rebuilding the patterns that were separated due to having to print on small sheets.
I think if I were to try this again, I might get a company to print the individual patterns on a blanket or pillowcase.
That would minimize the visible seams.
008.jpg
008.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 1681 times
Unfortunately, my experiment did not end well because the seams are too visible.
It's literally like Frankenstein with the stitches everywhere.
If it did end up looking good, I would have bought proper hands and feet to complete the project.
So I ended up wrapping the skeleton in the pattern and began painstakingly sewing it together,
stuffing it, and closing her up.

In the pelvic region, I dremeled an opening for a vaginal insert, but the angle is still not quite right there.
The benefit of my previous version was that there were no bones past the spine, so it was easy.
I may just modify it and remove most of the tailbone somehow so I can get the right angle for
the insert.
009.jpg
009.jpg (656.56 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
Since it turned out nightmarish, I decided I would just cover it up with a jumpsuit again, so it didn't
matter what quality of hands and feet I got. I went to the dollar store on and bought some
hands and feet props during the halloween sale, removed the stuffing, and then put it over the skeleton
and restuffed it to an adequate amount.

I put a mannequin head I got for $25 from ebay, and since it was marked Anne on the back, that's what
I'm calling this doll. I think I hit the image limit, so I'll put the final images in the second post.

stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: A Printed Stuffed Cloth Doll On A Halloween Skeleton

010.jpg
010.jpg (427.41 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
Here's Anne.

Basically the experiment kind of worked, but it also didn't because of the seams.
The final cost was around $110 for all of the materials, though I lucked out with the head.
011.jpg
011.jpg (508.31 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
The vaginal area needs to be fixed up a lot because the bones are not built in a way that works with that.
Also I suspect this skeleton may be male, whereas my skeleton from before was definitely female,
because the ribcage and shoulders came out a bit wide. I also need to tighten up the arms because they're a bit thick.
012.jpg
012.jpg (370.22 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed my random but inexpensive attempt to make a better cloth doll.

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

This is amazing! I have been thinking about getting a life sized plastic skeleton for my two fabric male dolls and now I think I will give it a try.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

DG wrote:This is amazing! I have been thinking about getting a life sized plastic skeleton for my two fabric male dolls and now I think I will give it a try.
The main benefit of having more bones are the positions you can put it in, but these bones are also really fragile as they're plastic. Her left wrist already broke, so my advice is if you go down the skeleton route, you should reinforce the weak areas or figure out a custom metal skeleton, though I've found with the old doll, even if the bones break, the cloth doll isn't that affected by it and holds itself together. Currently the legs are not connected to the hip and I find they still work well. It's great to have working elbows and knees.

Realhair
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Realhair »

Congratulations, looks nice!

jmichaell681
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jmichaell681 »

Nice work!

Perhaps reinforcing the skeleton with a low gauge bendable wire like this might help.
https://www.amazon.com/BENECREAT-Alumin ... 08B1K6T2R/

It would probably help maintain certain positions as well.

tiaria
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tiaria »

I'm impressed! That takes dedication!

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Bodysuit on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000005 ... 3416%22%7D

Or just search for
Nude Skinny Bodysuit Sexy Leggings Costume One-piece Dance Performance Wear Female Singer Stage Big Stretch Bar Jumpsuit
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

jmichaell681 wrote: Perhaps reinforcing the skeleton with a low gauge bendable wire like this might help.
https://www.amazon.com/BENECREAT-Alumin ... 08B1K6T2R/
It would probably help maintain certain positions as well.
Thanks, I'm thinking I really want to change the current spine from below the ribcage to pelvic bone and make it bendable.

RevJack wrote:Bodysuit on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000005 ... 3416%22%7D

Or just search for
Nude Skinny Bodysuit Sexy Leggings Costume One-piece Dance Performance Wear Female Singer Stage Big Stretch Bar Jumpsuit
Wow thanks, I saw something with the same images, but it was for another site. This will be really useful.
I've recently discovered that the printed fabric I made gets ruined when wet, and if anyone was to try this, it needs to have the pigment/ink sealed somehow.
I'm betting the print on this jumpsuit won't run. Hope the fabric won't pill or get lint balls.

stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

I was wondering if any of these science diagram vertebrae actually worked, so I purchased one from Amazon Warehouse
along with one of those practice hands for nail painting practice to replace the hand that broke.
013.jpg
013.jpg (598.39 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Both purchases didn't work as the vertebrae was both tiny and non-flexible. The hand was also hard as a tin can and not bendable silicone, but I decided to use it anyways.
14.jpg
14.jpg (385.66 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
I later picked up one of these breast forms and it worked pretty well. I chose e-size and the only drawback was that since it is cotton + sealed air filled, rather than silicone gel, it tends to be more perky and weird to the touch, rather than hanging naturally.
015.jpg
015.jpg (648.34 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
I ended up removing the lower spine and pelvic bone entirely and while it works way better with an insert now, there is a dilemma in that she doesn't sit up as well, which affects certain positions.
Also after adding the breast form, she is top heavier.

To get around this problem. I think the doll's torso would have to be designed in a more modular way so that some inner wall and structure would remain intact and hold itself up. Right now it's all one shared chamber with displaceable cotton fiber fill in the entire body. Alternatively I could just make a pelvic section and insert it into the doll, but I'm not sure that would hold the whole upper body up like the old spine did.
016.jpg
016.jpg (595.75 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
The last thing I plan to do is get one of those printed leotards. I think it works well with this kind of cloth body because the cloth body can hold its shape better with the fill, while the jumpsuit can cover the seams and keep the visual look of the printed body on it. The main drawback will be the color mismatching between the head, leotard, and breast form.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I'm confused, why did you remove the spine and hips? What problem(s) were they that removal was the answer?
The last thing I would remove was the hips, I would think that they provided some semblance of realism that the TPE and silicone girls lack - HIPS.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

RevJack wrote:I'm confused, why did you remove the spine and hips? What problem(s) were they that removal was the answer?
The last thing I would remove was the hips, I would think that they provided some semblance of realism that the TPE and silicone girls lack - HIPS.
Mainly, I just couldn't fit the onahole in there. Maybe after printing the cloth doll for an 8.5x11 printer size, I lost length wherever I had to restitch it together without adequately planning for it. My doll didn't have enough clearance for it to sit below the lumbar and pelvis, so it would have to go very much into the cavity, and it hit the curvature of the spine. You wouldn't be able to use it unless you had a shorter or curved penis.

I was sad to remove it, but its primary purpose is a sex doll and there was a tradeoff. If I could've installed a bendable vertebrae at the bottom it would have worked nicely and just angled it for whatever appropriate use. I even carved the thing to try to make room for it in many places since it was already very tight and small. I think it is a male skeleton. If I was to build a skeleton from scratch, I think I would have better ideas of how to handle it.
017.jpg
017.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1474 times
I actually did try to make it work, carving into the reinforced bone at the front of the pelvis, disconnecting the leg joint screws to get more space.

Summary of issues:

1st. There was no ball joint at the legs and hips. Only forward/backward spin rotation of the legs, and since there was no natural inward curve to the legs, you couldn't spread the legs or make do with a natural inward curve, curving outwards when the legs were up.

2nd. Next problem was the cavity inside the pelvic bone was too small, and made even smaller by the legs being connected and another set of artificial reinforcement screws put at the front of the bone. The screws for the legs also had caps for the leg joints closing the pelvic hole significantly on either side. You couldn't fit anything in that hole before. It's probably male.

3rd. My doll has a short pelvic section so the onahole had to sit further in on the doll. The lumbar section curves inwards here so when placing an onahole inside, instead of laying flat, the onahole curves back in to the belly button.

Mbuti Lover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Mbuti Lover »

stratzilla setz wrote:...What if I could print a pattern for a body, with the skin on it, sew it together, and have a cloth doll with the visual aspect to it built in?

So using a barbie doll, and math, I designed the pattern for the doll.
004.jpg
To make sure it worked and looked okay, I prototype'd a mini version first. This pattern has flaws. It's really difficult to sew the pelvic area, and the butt doesn't come out round enough because of the stitch lines.
003.jpg
I figured since it was cloth, if I filled it out enough it could round out. To see if the pattern lined up, I tried printing a prototype out of paper and tape.
005.jpg
To me it was mostly satisfactory. I might do things differently if I attempt this again, but I was eager to do it at a bigger scale.
Great pattern!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

stratzilla setz wrote:
RevJack wrote:I'm confused, why did you remove the spine and hips? What problem(s) were they that removal was the answer?
Mainly, I just couldn't fit the onahole in there. Maybe after printing the cloth doll for an 8.5x11 printer size, I lost length wherever I had to restitch it together without adequately planning for it. My doll didn't have enough clearance for it to sit below the lumbar and pelvis, so it would have to go very much into the cavity, and it hit the curvature of the spine. You wouldn't be able to use it unless you had a shorter or curved penis.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might get a kick out of this.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125878
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS