SexDollAmerica.com

I'VE DECIDED DOLLS JUST AREN'T FOR ME

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Azphxguy
Ex-Member

Re: I'VE DECIDED DOLLS JUST AREN'T FOR ME

Post by Azphxguy »

sirdave62 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I regret to tell you all with heavy heart that love dolls, regrettably, just don't seem to work for me. I'll try to explain.

I have been isolated and mostly a loner since my parents died a year ago, living alone in their old home. I became intrigued by the TPE and silicone dolls, and eventually "pulled the trigger".
1st doll Hedy 171C silicone was impressive, but love holes not working so well and other issues with the soft silicone. 2nd doll WM 156C impressive overall, odd LHP placement, some joints quite stiff.
For whatever reason, I seem to just have been losing interest, even with this new one. I still find it a bit heavy, and cumbersome due to some very stiff joints. This sort of dampens the mood for me.
I have no problem getting aroused, but have virtually lost interest in sex with the doll.

It may be that dolls were never truly a suitable option for me, but I was very intrigued and curious, had to at least give it a whirl I suppose. I have finally concluded love dolls no longer interest me. I don't know if it is related to my intent to make some changes and improvements in myself and my life, as well as being more active and social.

I will likely be selling the WM 156C, maybe to Jeff at Booty Call Dolls, if he's interested; if not, likely here at TDF.

Will continue membership and posts until the doll is sold, will resign my membership after. Thanks to all for welcoming me here and your support!
Same here. I kid myself with logging in almost daily, but my interest has become near zero these days. I've tried everything to reignite the enthusiasm I once had, no resuls.

I wish you luck. I'll be on my way out shortly as well.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Azphxguy wrote: Same here. I kid myself with logging in almost daily, but my interest has become near zero these days. I've tried everything to reignite the enthusiasm I once had, no resuls.

I wish you luck. I'll be on my way out shortly as well.
Many thanks to a kindred spirit for your insight. So I guess we're both "divorcing" our dolls, eh? :lol: "Irreconcilable differences" or "we've grown apart." 8)

I don't know how long your overall interest and experience was, but mine was relatively short, just a few months. Oh, well...a learning experience, at least, right?

Also, I don't know if you're headed in a similar life direction to my intended one, but regardless, I like to think we are comrades in life change.

I will be posting my "soon-to-be-ex" under sale items here. Best breakup ever! NO heartache or drama! :D Hopefully she'll go to a good home, she's like new!

Whatever your direction from here, I hope like myself, you are looking forward to this change. Best wishes to you going forward.

zvanharl
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by zvanharl »

Feels like I'm in a similar situation to you, Dave. Bought my first doll earlier this year and the reality didn't live up to the images I had in my head. Now I'm looking at moving in with my girlfriend and while she's okay with me hanging on to the doll, I'm not sure what to tell her young nephews, or how to hide the doll when they come over besides quickly moving her into the closet.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

zvanharl wrote:Feels like I'm in a similar situation to you, Dave. Bought my first doll earlier this year and the reality didn't live up to the images I had in my head. Now I'm looking at moving in with my girlfriend and while she's okay with me hanging on to the doll, I'm not sure what to tell her young nephews, or how to hide the doll when they come over besides quickly moving her into the closet.
Thank you for the thoughts of another kindred spirit!

I believe you just put into words one of the underlying reasons for my rapid loss of enthusiasm or interest! Well done! I think we both failed to consider the photography techniques used for dolls, the very same used for real women. I believe these were closer to the images you and I (or any potential buyer) had in our heads...which was likely the intended effect.

While I found the sculpting and details well done, the heads were still more doll-like to me. I've seen 1/6 scale action figure heads that were almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Love doll heads could be more detailed and have more features. Skin texture is disappointing unless the doll is powdered.

Regarding quickly moving the doll, that would likely require a mobile stand. I was also disappointed in the relative heavy weight combined with some very tight joints. Dolls are much more cumbersome to pose, move and handle than I anticipated.

Oh, well. A learning experience, at least.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

So, basically, when it comes to dolls, you guys are saying that the Whopper you just got at the drive thru doesn't look like the one you saw in the Burger King ad. Big surprise, eh? Expectations Management is an important life skill and I'd recommend that you embrace it lest the girlfriends for whom you're ditching your dolls start looking like the Whopper that you got rather than the one you saw on TV.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Rock13 wrote:So, basically, when it comes to dolls, you guys are saying that the Whopper you just got at the drive thru doesn't look like the one you saw in the Burger King ad. Big surprise, eh? Expectations Management is an important life skill and I'd recommend that you embrace it lest the girlfriends for whom you're ditching your dolls start looking like the Whopper that you got rather than the one you saw on TV.
Don't know about that. My preferences in women are quite flexible within a few body types, but I draw the line at fat or ugly. Not being shallow, this is based on my prior relationships and experiences.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Rock13 wrote:So, basically, when it comes to dolls, you guys are saying that the Whopper you just got at the drive thru doesn't look like the one you saw in the Burger King ad. Big surprise, eh? Expectations Management is an important life skill and I'd recommend that you embrace it lest the girlfriends for whom you're ditching your dolls start looking like the Whopper that you got rather than the one you saw on TV.
Ah yes, but for both it's the taste that keeps me coming back!
Eat that (fur) burger in the dark!!
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

zvanharl
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by zvanharl »

For me it wasn't so much the pictures themselves, but the reality of just how cold and lifeless the doll is. I underestimated how important it was to me to have a more active partner, and like Dave said how cumbersome they can be to move. Or like Jack said, an ugly whopper still tastes good. This is more like buying a whopper squeaky toy, knowing it won't be a whopper but maybe it'll be fun anyway, and the reality of that plastic taste just ruins any enjoyment of it.

Sure, it's fun to dress the doll up and pose her. I surprised myself a few times when I saw her sitting in a chair and thought for a moment someone else was in my apartment. And once she warms up she can be a comforting weight next me on the couch or in bed, but I feel ridiculous trying to make love with her, the absolute lack of motion or reaction takes me out of the moment.

Aglooka
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Aglooka »

sirdave62 wrote:
I don't know if it is related to my intent to make some changes and improvements in myself and my life, as well as being more active and social.
At least for me , the improvement had been exiting the dating scene with no cargo behind , meaning nobody , whom i no longer love , instead hate it with my soul , to be sustained or living free , from my salary

I buy you about beeing more 'social' ( back to beeing not yourself most of the time , to 'like' people who dont really give a damn about you ) , but not about active . Just recently got a hernia due my abuse of sports during this last year , since i entered the tpe world

I would had never enjoyed in the way im doing at this time of my life if it werent for my dolls , even competing on my favourite sport , with them waiting home with ZERO complains , instead of somebody unworthily stealing my free time and money , obstructing my path and what i most enjoy . This from my point of view due experiences

To be sincere with myself , i would say that i can forget the best woman i scored ( even place me the most expensive scort ) , but i would never forget some of the moments i lived surfing big waves , for example . Its so overrated.....

Whatever you decide , i wish you the best and good luck
First purchase review- YL146 viewtopic.php?f=244&t=140254
RINIA - YL146 TRIBUTE - Mesmerized by her curves viewtopic.php?f=212&t=141854&p=1931400#p1931400
Elsa Babe 148 L Body + Heads XHB001&RAD004 - via MyRobotDoll viewtopic.php?f=550&p=2053864#p2053864

DollDaddy27
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollDaddy27 »

Very much understand your position. If it's not for you, then it's not for you. HOWEVER, I see dolls the same as people in dating situations. You might not like this one, but the next one may be perfect. If the dolls are too stiff or too heavy, maybe a smaller one? And as mentioned by others, maybe just keep one as companion? But whatever your choice is, much respect to you for trying it out and being true to yourself. Good luck with whatever your final decision is.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

zvanharl wrote:
For me it wasn't so much the pictures themselves, but the reality of just how cold and lifeless the doll is. I underestimated how important it was to me to have a more active partner, and like Dave said how cumbersome they can be to move. Or like Jack said, an ugly whopper still tastes good. This is more like buying a whopper squeaky toy, knowing it won't be a whopper but maybe it'll be fun anyway, and the reality of that plastic taste just ruins any enjoyment of it.

Sure, it's fun to dress the doll up and pose her. I surprised myself a few times when I saw her sitting in a chair and thought for a moment someone else was in my apartment. And once she warms up she can be a comforting weight next me on the couch or in bed, but I feel ridiculous trying to make love with her, the absolute lack of motion or reaction takes me out of the moment.
Hello and thank you for sharing your perspective on my situation.

You have described my experience and feelings almost to a T, as have other forum members. I greatly appreciate the understanding, empathy and support, and I want to be clear to all at TDF I am NOT judging or belittling any who embrace this lifestyle. It appears that the majority here do understand and have not been offended in any way. I can't thank you all enough for that.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

At least for me , the improvement had been exiting the dating scene with no cargo behind , meaning nobody , whom i no longer love , instead hate it with my soul , to be sustained or living free , from my salary
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my situation.

I'm very sorry that the "dating scene" and past relationships have been such a negative experience for you; I have had at least some positive experiences myself in this regard, most importantly a beautiful daughter. These days the dating scene appears more difficult than in the past, and I understand I would be reconnecting at nearly sixty years of age (59 years as of August 10). I'm glad doll companionship has worked out for you so well, but it's just not for me. Doesn't make me weird.

At this point, I don't know if or when I will attempt dating again; I have other priorities to address before taking such a step, should I choose to do so. I've always been something of a loner, but yet still social. I can be happy alone, as long I at least have family and friends.
I buy you about beeing more 'social' ( back to beeing not yourself most of the time , to 'like' people who dont really give a damn about you ) , but not about active . Just recently got a hernia due my abuse of sports during this last year , since i entered the tpe world
With all due respect, I don't think you "buy" me, my statements or my situation at all; I am not going back to "being not myself", and I long ago stopped wasting my time trying to like or please people who "don't really give a damn about me". That's no way for anyone to live, without self-respect.

With regard to your comments on being social, I am reminded of the old adage "misery loves company". I hope that was not your intent. Anyone in my position needs encouragement and support, not negativity. As the saying goes, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it." I mean no disrespect, but I was a bit taken aback by your statements in this regard. I understand you may have perfectly sound reasons for your disappointment, but I'm not you.

Regarding being active, I have never in my life been as active as I should be; fortunately, I do not have any significant weight issues (thanks to my genetics), but I want and need to improve my fitness and overall health. I also need to be more active in a general sense, not related to sports per se (though I may consider taking up a sport or joining a gym).

Per my original post, I had fallen into a depressive and isolative state after my parents died last year within 3 months of each other, after 3 years of health-related difficulties (I quit working to care for them), plus COVID contributed to my mother's passing as well. I decided to lift myself out of this and RECONNECT with my life and the person I really am; this is what my parents would want for me, and my daughter was understandably concerned about my situation and mental state. I owe it to her and myself to make the most of whatever time I have left. As I have previously quoted, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Also, most importantly, "Get busy living, or get busy dying".
Whatever you decide , i wish you the best and good luck
I've already made my decision, and have posted my WM 156C in Market/Items For Sale if you're interested. Like new for a greatly discounted price! 8) Best wishes to you as well.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

DollDaddy27 wrote:Very much understand your position. If it's not for you, then it's not for you. HOWEVER, I see dolls the same as people in dating situations. You might not like this one, but the next one may be perfect. If the dolls are too stiff or too heavy, maybe a smaller one? And as mentioned by others, maybe just keep one as companion? But whatever your choice is, much respect to you for trying it out and being true to yourself. Good luck with whatever your final decision is.
Hello DollDaddy27. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my situation.

I understand and respect your views as someone into the lifestyle, but I tried a Starpery full silicone Hedy 171C, and my current WM 151C. A smaller doll would be too much like a preteen or even younger to me. I don't think I have to explain why this would not be acceptable, correct? As far as keeping one as a companion, the weight and joint issues still apply, and if I get no sexual satisfaction from it, there's no point. Only real persons or pets can give me the companionship I need, but that's just me, I guess.

I apologize if I didn't make myself clear on my original post. I had already made my decision by the time I created this topic. I have put up the WM 151C for sale at Market/Items for Sale if you're interested. Like new, out of box, not "used" for a great price.

Thanks for the welcome and support.

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by manobon »

I have found that I like full life-sized proportions, but not the difficulty in moving around and manipulating the weight and tight joints (even when ordering 'loose') of them

I wish more silicone manufacturers made different types of torsos (hip to legs, hips only, hip to head w/arms, etc). I've cut up some dolls, so now I have the hips+legs of a Starpery 171 (which could stand to have looser hip joints, and softer silicone for the butt), and the like, breasts and up of a Sino 159 J cup, with a Jiusheng Model 32 head on top (movable jaw!) - the not-attached legs are good for standing/sitting behind positions, and more natural leg movement while cuddling/sleeping. For the 'top', easier for breast and oral stuff in bed, and positioning/cuddling while sleeping, as well.

I've never lived with a partner while having such 'elaborate' sex toys - I know I would want to keep them/others for my own sexual satisfaction when she wasn't around, but really no other reason. I prefer sex/connection with real women, which is why I want to most 'realistic' experience as possible from toys/dolls when I'm not having regular sex/a long term relationship.

Also, just saying, congrats on figuring out what you like/don't like, and your relationship being so good that you Could have that conversation!

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

manobon wrote:I have found that I like full life-sized proportions, but not the difficulty in moving around and manipulating the weight and tight joints (even when ordering 'loose') of them

I wish more silicone manufacturers made different types of torsos (hip to legs, hips only, hip to head w/arms, etc). I've cut up some dolls, so now I have the hips+legs of a Starpery 171 (which could stand to have looser hip joints, and softer silicone for the butt), and the like, breasts and up of a Sino 159 J cup, with a Jiusheng Model 32 head on top (movable jaw!) - the not-attached legs are good for standing/sitting behind positions, and more natural leg movement while cuddling/sleeping. For the 'top', easier for breast and oral stuff in bed, and positioning/cuddling while sleeping, as well.

I've never lived with a partner while having such 'elaborate' sex toys - I know I would want to keep them/others for my own sexual satisfaction when she wasn't around, but really no other reason. I prefer sex/connection with real women, which is why I want to most 'realistic' experience as possible from toys/dolls when I'm not having regular sex/a long term relationship.

Also, just saying, congrats on figuring out what you like/don't like, and your relationship being so good that you Could have that conversation!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and perspective, manobon!

You seem to understand the exact issues I had upon trying the doll experience. I'm 5' 9" and around 150 lbs., slim build and not a lot of muscle mass. I'm not as fit as I could be, but even at max fitness and strength, I would still be at a disadvantage handling dolls. You also understand the issue with joints; I would like to see a locking ratchet-type design or something similar, if that's even possible.

As I have stated in previous posts, there would have to be considerable advances in doll design, weight reduction and features for me to even consider revisiting the lifestyle; I don't see that happening anytime soon. Even more "conventional" sex toys for men don't do it for me either.

As for my daughter, we haven't had the closest relationship in recent years, but we recently had the best conversation we've had in ages. I learned some things about her and she about me as well. I see this as part of my reconnection to my life going forward. Thank you for your kind words and support in this regard!

As always, thank you all for your welcome and support during my time here. Best wishes to you.

INFORMATIONS