SexDollAmerica.com

I'VE DECIDED DOLLS JUST AREN'T FOR ME

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
sirdave62
Former Member

I'VE DECIDED DOLLS JUST AREN'T FOR ME

Post by sirdave62 »

Hello Everyone,

I regret to tell you all with heavy heart that love dolls, regrettably, just don't seem to work for me. I'll try to explain.

I have been isolated and mostly a loner since my parents died a year ago, living alone in their old home. I became intrigued by the TPE and silicone dolls, and eventually "pulled the trigger".
1st doll Hedy 171C silicone was impressive, but love holes not working so well and other issues with the soft silicone. 2nd doll WM 156C impressive overall, odd LHP placement, some joints quite stiff.
For whatever reason, I seem to just have been losing interest, even with this new one. I still find it a bit heavy, and cumbersome due to some very stiff joints. This sort of dampens the mood for me.
I have no problem getting aroused, but have virtually lost interest in sex with the doll.

It may be that dolls were never truly a suitable option for me, but I was very intrigued and curious, had to at least give it a whirl I suppose. I have finally concluded love dolls no longer interest me. I don't know if it is related to my intent to make some changes and improvements in myself and my life, as well as being more active and social.

I will likely be selling the WM 156C, maybe to Jeff at Booty Call Dolls, if he's interested; if not, likely here at TDF.

Will continue membership and posts until the doll is sold, will resign my membership after. Thanks to all for welcoming me here and your support!

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: I'VE DECIDED DOLLS JUST AREN'T FOR ME

Post by Rock13 »

This is a bummer! Are you sure that you need to jump straight from point A to point E? I mean, even if you find sex with your dolls awkward and unsatisfactory do you think they could still provide companionship? Perhaps a different sort of sex toy might make up the difference. I've thought about this sort of thing a bit, like what if the day ever comes that I can't even get it up... at all... and I've decided to keep my dolls around anyway because they bring so much life and beauty to my current man cave. Just a thought.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

FutureIsRobots

Post by FutureIsRobots »

If you decide to jump back into the dating scene... well... good luck.
I use dolls to bring my fantasy girls into 3D! <3
Lisa - Kiyori - Shinobu - Kari - Misty - Emily

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Hey, at least you can say you gave it a try. You know sexually speaking, that is penetration, dolls hold very little interest for me either, but just as dolls, something to have around, photograph and play with, dolls mean the world to me. So, maybe look at dolls from another angle and see if that doesn't change your perspective a little. In any event, good luck to you, sirdave.

Bluedog
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bluedog »

Perhaps a smaller doll, 130cm Piper or 145 cm D4E or even a 102cm Elsa or 105cm JM if you find one particularly attractive. The 102s and 105s are very light but still large enough that they are not simply “sex toys.” I think the key might be that you are so taken by a particular doll’s appearance that you just want to have sex with THAT doll, as opposed to having a more general “hmmm… maybe shagging a doll would be fun” approach.

And hey, nothing wrong with trying to be more social or engaging in any type of self betterment -that’s good. Doesn’t mean you can’t give the doll another try. You might just find with the “right” doll, it’s something you can enjoy occasionally on the side.
Blonde, brunette redhead?
Brunette
Slim, athletic, voluptuous?
Athletic.
Demure, aggressive, sleazy? Be honest.
Sleazy ...
Demure

jantra
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by jantra »

They hold absolutely unlimited fantasy potential in terms of what their capabilities are.............bet you could find some way to keep them rather than abort mission so quickly................No intention to hurt in any way.......only trying to help............we sincerely wish you and the girls the best......

Sincerely,
jantra and girls

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

You and everyone posting here has brought great, really valid points; ultimately what do the dolls do for you? You've mentioned the sex aspects, is that all you got them for? You mentioned the loner part, I believe many people on this site could relate to that. If the dolls helped you at all get through his difficult part of life, then maybe they've served their purpose. Doll life is a choice, there are a lot of things you need to resign yourself to if you're going to continue with them. I get the sense from your post that the dolls may have helped you to cope with what you've been dealing with and now your interests lie elsewhere; if so, all here wish you the best, and hope you have no regrets. My feelings are aligned with everyone who's posted so far, the dolls have brought me joy and contentment I had thought was lost to me. Whatever you decide, wish you the best in your life!
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Rock13 wrote:This is a bummer! Are you sure that you need to jump straight from point A to point E? I mean, even if you find sex with your dolls awkward and unsatisfactory do you think they could still provide companionship? Perhaps a different sort of sex toy might make up the difference. I've thought about this sort of thing a bit, like what if the day ever comes that I can't even get it up... at all... and I've decided to keep my dolls around anyway because they bring so much life and beauty to my current man cave. Just a thought.
Hello again, thanks for your response and thoughts!

In response, they would not provide me any true companionship...I collect "adult collectible" higher-end action figures of various scales. I don't know if you're familiar with the so-called "seamless body" action figures, usually in 1:6 or 1:12 scale. They have a steel skeleton with an outer body of silicone...sound familiar? 8) To me, love dolls are essentially just 1:1 scale seamless body action figures, and I wouldn't be comfortable owning, let alone displaying them if I intend to have visitors and try to get back to being more of a social animal...but that's just me. Not here to judge, bro. You and everyone have been great in your support of me as a member of TDF! Many thanks!

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

FutureIsRobots wrote:If you decide to jump back into the dating scene... well... good luck.
Thanks for your response!

No worries, I haven't forgotten the ups and downs of the single/dating scene, bro.

I also understand I am or would be reentering this scene as a man nearly sixty years of age.

I don't know if you have completely soured on dating and relationships, but that is, of course, your choice.

I don't know what, if any success I will have if/when I "jump back" into that life.

However, I DO know the saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Also, most importantly, "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

So I'll make some changes and improvements in my life and myself, and see what happens!

Thanks and best wishes to you, brother.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

sirdave62 wrote: However, I DO know the saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Also, most importantly, "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

So I'll make some changes and improvements in my life and myself, and see what happens!
This is a healthy attitude. It doesn't matter if we are single, in a relationship, or living the doll life, the only way things get better for us is if we work on bettering ourselves. It's not an easy, or linear process, but it's absolutely worth doing. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Unwritten
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Unwritten »

Hard for me to understand with the difference they've made in my life, but we're all different behind the eyes. Wish you the best of luck on your new journey :)

dollnerd895

Post by dollnerd895 »

I just want to say first of all that your perspective is very understandable. But I also want to say that probably all new owners have gone through a 'I don't think I like this/ what have I done?' Phase, and that my feelings about them have changed dramatically after finding easier ways to do everything making it much more enjoyable, as well as just getting used to having and caring for one of them. I have also figured out a pretty easy and good way of hiding her away if need be. As a younger person, I have not shut away the possibility of another relationship, but now with the doll I can enjoy without all the risks and not be desperate out there. I maybe would sell the doll without the person knowing, but more likely I would not keep it from them, and if they really judge me for it they probably weren't very cool anyways. Just my 2 cents

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Mr Franz wrote:Hey, at least you can say you gave it a try. You know sexually speaking, that is penetration, dolls hold very little interest for me either, but just as dolls, something to have around, photograph and play with, dolls mean the world to me. So, maybe look at dolls from another angle and see if that doesn't change your perspective a little. In any event, good luck to you, sirdave.
Thank you Mr Franz!

I definitely understand your position...part of your overall hobby and craft! I actually collect higher-end adult collectible action figures, usually in 1:12 scale. I also have some 1:6 scale seamless body action figures, a Phicen/TB League and some others. Love dolls are basically 1:1 scale versions of these.

For me, just too much effort for what are, to me, huge action figures.

Also, as per my original post, I want to focus on self-improvement and try to re-engage socially over time...my parents would want that.

I greatly appreciate your thoughts as one of the major players here...many thanks, sir!

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Bluedog wrote:Perhaps a smaller doll, 130cm Piper or 145 cm D4E or even a 102cm Elsa or 105cm JM if you find one particularly attractive. The 102s and 105s are very light but still large enough that they are not simply “sex toys.” I think the key might be that you are so taken by a particular doll’s appearance that you just want to have sex with THAT doll, as opposed to having a more general “hmmm… maybe shagging a doll would be fun” approach.

And hey, nothing wrong with trying to be more social or engaging in any type of self betterment -that’s good. Doesn’t mean you can’t give the doll another try. You might just find with the “right” doll, it’s something you can enjoy occasionally on the side.
Thank you for your input, Bluedog.

As far as doll size, the WM 156 was about my limit. For me, anything smaller would seem like a very young teen or preteen...definitely NOT my cup of tea!

I sincerely believe any interest that I had in love dolls is all but gone, so it would be pointless to try rekindling that interest. It may have been nothing more than the excitement of something new and kind of "taboo". Love dolls would have to make considerable advances at least in their weight, ease of use and manipulation, skin texture, and internal heating to stand even a remote change of renewing my interest.

Also, if I'm involved with a RG, the doll would be pointless.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

jantra wrote:They hold absolutely unlimited fantasy potential in terms of what their capabilities are.............bet you could find some way to keep them rather than abort mission so quickly................No intention to hurt in any way.......only trying to help............we sincerely wish you and the girls the best......

Sincerely,
jantra and girls
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I agree with the potential, to be any fantasy "girl" you want...but I have come to realize that's not what I really want. I believe I was probably taken by the something new and "taboo" aspects of dolls.

I can not ever see love dolls as anything more than just full-size seamless body action figures. Any sexual interest in love dolls is gone, despite that I am still capable of arousal/function otherwise.

I intend to focus on myself and my personal life, and try to move forward. I simply don't want to bother with dolls anymore.

Not judging, of course...as always, I am thankful for the welcome and support here at the forum.

INFORMATIONS