Starpery.com

DIY stuff

Got an idea? Need an invention?
ADHERAQ777

Re: DIY stuff

Post by ADHERAQ777 »

Do I you want but it is just MAJOR PROBLEM when you are layers not weld.... :haha4:
WMDOLLS 140 2018 TPE
Starpery RONG TPE 2021
Teddy Babe 2009 Jessica
4Woods Elina 2011
Doll House 168

Dolls Repair TV : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCiI8IS ... /playlists
Dolls Albums : http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=11576
Print3D : https://cults3d.com/fr/utilisateurs/Anarkia777/
Artiste 3D : https://www.deviantart.com/anarkia333/gallery

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

ADHERAQ777 You are not an expert to me, because so far you haven't shown in your own thread nothing better than I did, just some easy stuff. Do your work so other ppl will benefit, rather than just criticising on my work, because that is just trolling. Or maybe you have no skills to do the same and that's why you can just put one sentence in broken English, and lol and the end, because that is very easy.

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

Some quick weekly summary on my hobbyist project:

More and improved versions to come soon! :)

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

gogodolls wrote:It's a pretty productive week, 3dprinteddoll! Well done! :thumbs_up:

I love your project and I encourage you for the rest! :multi:

Cheers! :glou:

And forget about ADHERAQ777's finicky comments and the arrogant way he suggests them! :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:
Thanks for your support! Sometimes it bugs me when ppl act this way, but probably it shouldn't, it part of :evilbat: internet culture, it is better to get used to this.

But it's good that the concept of accommodating 3d printing for doll making is getting some recognition anyway. We also probably disagreed on some minor things like priorities, but not the whole concept.

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

This videos might bring some clues on smoothing out 3d prints using spray primer/filler (left) and wood filler (right vid):

And here also using UV resin (left) and polyutherane (right):

These are some of the approaches that might be taken in spray, liquid and paste form.

No powders on the list yet, but there are ertain powder-based glues (acrylic) that set under ambient humidity, and I would add them to the list too.

ADHERAQ777

Post by ADHERAQ777 »

again I don't understand what you want do....

We know smooth PLA since about 50years with EPOXY..... xD
image_2021-09-06_225927.png
image_2021-09-06_225927.png (490.49 KiB) Viewed 594 times
And resin is dangerous, and expenssive, can use your brain a bit??? 100$ put for just smooth a part PLA about 1$?....
WMDOLLS 140 2018 TPE
Starpery RONG TPE 2021
Teddy Babe 2009 Jessica
4Woods Elina 2011
Doll House 168

Dolls Repair TV : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCiI8IS ... /playlists
Dolls Albums : http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=11576
Print3D : https://cults3d.com/fr/utilisateurs/Anarkia777/
Artiste 3D : https://www.deviantart.com/anarkia333/gallery

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

ADHERAQ777 wrote:again I don't understand what you want do....

With respect to your unique 15 years of experience, I know that you are smarter than all those guys on those videos, and I shouldn't even post them, because I should go to France and make an inteview with you in your factory instead, and you could teach us all a lot about 3d printing, design, doll making, you are probably leader in the industry just keeping a low profile to make fun of some silly hobbyist begginers' work like mine, that the work has absolutely no chance to advance without you guidance and profoundly deep insights :D on the subject, but...

somehow I couldn't resist to reply the same way you do :D

Use your brain a bit if you have one :haha4:

BTW epoxy is a type of resin, good for the job too, and there was uv-curing resin listed, I don't need to list all resin types, and I just listed some videos where they smooth things out using different stuff, and have that for future reference. I am no expert on heath effect of those chemicals, I know UV resin is bad, but epoxy resin often contains recently infamous BPA, that's why I am not in love with epoxy either. If I would use any resin I would probably try plant-based UV-curable resin from Anycubic, but I cannot say it is neutral to health, being a resin. Certainly gloves and good ventilation are advised in case of resin work and any kind of smoothing out.

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

ADHERAQ777 I can discuss the material choices and 3d printing in a private message, I have sent you a message.

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

I will be doing some more experimentation soon, but in meantime I have ordered some artificial nails:

While I could probably print something like this and paint on my own, I wanna check them out. Those nails are cheap in 1$-2$ range, come in different colors and look good, so no need to put extra effort into making them by myself. The only thing to work on here will be the proper attachment to the fingers.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

What is your overall goal in the doll world that you are doing all this testing?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

rubherkitty wrote:What is your overall goal in the doll world that you are doing all this testing?
My major goal is to learn how to make a doll for myself, not even as much for sex, as for aesthetic/artistic reasons. And this must take some time. The deeper story behind this, is that not so very long time ago, the young woman I really loved, and loved a lot about her, also when it comes to looks, has left this world, age 23, once her weight dropped below 30 kg (due to automimmune disease), and now I want to create someone similar to her (in a peroid in her life when she was 45-50 kg, and she was looking healthier)

At this point in my life I cannot afford doing this via custom order from some best manufacturer out there (I've seen some small rare j-brands doing crazy detailed dolls, so I've seen the western SFX studios' works in silicone, that usually make stuff for movie studios, anyway... anything custom is very expensive).

I don't think about making profits on doll-making or taking any orders, even if I ever make it to the point of getting some good results. I am still making enough money by doing what I am doing professionally, so this is mostly an after-hours hobby. I know that many people when they first think of doll making, they imagine making really great dolls, also money flowing and great success. But I truely believe, that me or anyone would be better off by importing and re-selling Chinese dolls, or even better by opening an online sex shop and selling small cheap sex toys on ebay or wherever instead. it takes a lot of effort to make just one high quality doll - probably a month or two - if you're very skilled, and you don't have like a factory in China. It is a complex process involving lot of strenuous manual labour, and you need to compete against popular and cheap Chinese brands, and most people cannot afford high-end dolls anyway. If you could make very high quality doll, probably some people might be interested in buying it, but once you'll tell the price that could compensate for the materials costs and a month of your hard work, you probably won't find many buyers. I think nowdays, if you don't own a factory in China, you can't make serious money by doing this, especially if you are focusing on quality, rather than durabilty, fast production times, and low costs. Today US brands like RealDoll, Synthetics probably still can make profits, just because US is probably largest market for dolls and those brands had a good press for long, but certainly they are under great competetive pressure, and there are no many job openings and amazing growth there, even if they manage to not only to survive, but innovate like RealDoll. Generally I think that doll-manufacturing is bad idea for startng a new business now with hopes for reasonable profits and making a good living on this.
Maybe this will change in fairly distant future, where there might be a lots of work for individuals, around human-like robots, the next best thing that everyone will need to have in their homes, but I will be likely gone by then. And it is likely that few companies will at least attempt, if not succeed in grabing it all, like we now have smartphones, but unlike PC's which were more open platform, getting admin access to your smartphone console, not to mention hardware peripherials is difficult and breaks the warranty, so in effect, you can't really be sure what it does with the data it can collect. But going into this topic, is too much off-topic, so I'll stop here :)

My secondary goals are very minor, by reporting here on small steps I put some pressure onto myself to progress and learn new skills, of course I could do this on some blog nobody visits, or by going very public on youtube, but this is not a bad place for a start. Here I get small to moderate attention, to have a preview, what I might be facing if I would go more public with my new hobby.

I also want to draw some attention onto the benefits of accomodating 3D printing tech and 3D design (whether that will be custom scuplts by 3d artists in software like Blender or just some easy modification in character making software like makehuman for example) in the process of doll making. I am still newbie in this, with like 1 year of experience. Afaik the current doll industry is still using mostly old school methods and allows for very little customization. As a software dev. I can imagine a company that is allowing to fully customize doll's body in 3D via their website in some future. Also 3D printers are relatively affordable nowdays, so perhaps that will allow for some cool hobbyist projects related to love dolls unrevealing themeselves soon. In-home manufacturing is fairly new, but growing trend, but I'm not the only one here, who is thinking loudly on this forum, about how 3d printing could help him to make a doll of his dreams.

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

Here is my very second smoothing out attempt, I've spend 2 minutes on it (using very unorthodox filler in powder form that polymerizes under humidity, so I won't even say what it is, because some visitors will fucking throw stones at me, wft I haven't just used woodfiller or resin like everyone else :D I did in next part - partial foot )

Anyway I will continue to improve this over time. There is still seam visible on the right, but that is my fault, not a filler I've used.

Here is smoothed out cast on single-part 1:1 mold, that I was smoothing out blindly using woodfiller (single layer of woodfiller, no sanding):

small issue between mid fingers is bacause there was a hole joining two fingerholes (error in 3d modeling, that I didn't notice before printing) so I ripped it while pulling the object out of mold. Also those large visible but gentle stripes equal in size to 3d mesh, might be due to low poly object as in case of my earlier resin 3d print I've ordered.

So far woodfiler seems to give best results, but here are too many variables, I would need to compare exactly similar objects, in scale, printing material which is not the case, so this is just something for a start.

Pardon the skin color difference, I haven't added titanium white, just iron oxides, and I still don't have a one ingredient diy dye mixture. I will have to work on that later, as there are also some issues to resolve there.

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

It's already promising! :thumbs_up: I find it good that you do not smooth the surface too much for realism, it mimics the pores of the skin better! :wink:
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hope you are able to make a doll in her honor.

I believe that doll advancement and acceptance will only lead to more and better dolls being sold.
I figured up the material cost of a silicone doll one time and it was about $600.00 max. That was silicone, foam, skeleton steel and misc. The rest of a dolls cost is mainly labor and company profit. So if you sell a doll for $5k, that gives you a profit of $4,400.00 per doll.
Abyss/Realdoll has stated one of their dolls takes 40 hrs time to produce. If you are building them yourself and only make 2 per month that works out to $105,600.00 profit in a year. Of course you have an outlay of cost for a shop and materials if you don't already have that.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

rubherkitty wrote:Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hope you are able to make a doll in her honor.

I believe that doll advancement and acceptance will only lead to more and better dolls being sold.
I figured up the material cost of a silicone doll one time and it was about $600.00 max. That was silicone, foam, skeleton steel and misc. The rest of a dolls cost is mainly labor and company profit. So if you sell a doll for $5k, that gives you a profit of $4,400.00 per doll.
Abyss/Realdoll has stated one of their dolls takes 40 hrs time to produce. If you are building them yourself and only make 2 per month that works out to $105,600.00 profit in a year. Of course you have an outlay of cost for a shop and materials if you don't already have that.
Thank you for sharing your opinion with me. However I am still sceptical, 40 hrs, yet they don't do it alone, they have some employees I believe. And 40 hrs, if you work 8h/d gives 5 days. That I think is still fast, it is almost impossibly fast if one person is doing it.
5$k per doll, yes some costs about this much, like Abbyss' RealDoll. But most ppl here buys Chinese dolls like Jinsan/WM in 1000$-2000$ range. I am not sure what percentage of recent doll owners, have or would buy RealDoll or a doll in similar price range. It would be good to make a poll 'what brand of doll do you have' or how much would you spend for a premium quality doll.
I see most people owning sometimes many, but cheaper Chinese dolls.
So even if you would manage to produce 10 dolls in a month, within a small team and sell them all, and have modest profit of 1000-2000$ per doll (still so much more than Chinese charge per doll) taking from the price just the materials cost, maybe it would be enough for everyone involved to make a living on this, but it is not such money minting, as one would expect. Plus there are side costs, marketing, legal, taxes and other, like R&D to stay ahead. I don't know how about the very pioneers the Abbyss, but take look at Sinthetics website, how few people are involved. If the business would be a gold mine in the US, there probably should be much more, like the amount of women we can sometimes see in background of doll photos taken in huge Jinsan or any Chnese doll factory.

INFORMATIONS