www.yourdoll.com

Confused on how to avoid colour stains on TPE!

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
MyDollIsHappy

Re: Confused on how to avoid colour stains on TPE!

Post by MyDollIsHappy »

Dolllove1991 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:02 am The thing about those acne creams tho they are made to take the oil out of your skin if you have oily skin. I find the area where it was applied to feel dry after like it pulled the oils out of the doll along with the ink. So I put some oil on the area. I have covered a entire doll it in once she felt like she needed oiling afterwards.
Which oil or type of oil do you use for that purpose?

Dolllove1991
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Dolllove1991 »

That would be baby oil, kind sir.

Just plain baby oil nothing added.

Tiny50
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Tiny50 »

So. When talking about quality garments for our dolls, would lingerie from a store like Cirillas be considered “cheap”? I have a local store where I’m thinking of buying lingerie for my girl.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

While price is a consideration for quality non-staining clothes, washing repeatedly until there is no color transfer is probably the best that can be done
Even this gives no guarantee if non-white clothes are left on for extended periods of time :)

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tailor »

Personally, I do not continue to wash clothes / fabrics that color the water after 3 or 4 washes. Of course, after many washes, such clothes may be usable, but they never stop bleeding completely and after long exposure, they will still stain your doll.

Most clothes stain the water a little the first time you wash it. If the fabric stops dyeing the water on the second wash, it is usually a good sign that it is color-safe. For safety, test somewhere on the doll for a week in a place that is not so visible, if it does not stain then it is 99.9% safe for constant use for months or even years.
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

Tiny50
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Tiny50 »

Tailor wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:52 pm Personally, I do not continue to wash clothes / fabrics that color the water after 3 or 4 washes. Of course, after many washes, such clothes may be usable, but they never stop bleeding completely and after long exposure, they will still stain your doll.

Most clothes stain the water a little the first time you wash it. If the fabric stops dyeing the water on the second wash, it is usually a good sign that it is color-safe. For safety, test somewhere on the doll for a week in a place that is not so visible, if it does not stain then it is 99.9% safe for constant use for months or even years.
So if I were to put on my doll black stockings just for like an hour or two, would that be long enough to stain?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Assuming you have done a couple of washes first
Test for a few minutes by putting the sole of the dolls foot on the stocking and check to see if there is any color bleed
Then test & check again until you are sure there is no color transfer to the foot

Qlaire

Post by Qlaire »

I would advice buying second hand clothes or white clothing from a trustworthy online clothing store. Those never stained for me.

sarahdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by sarahdoll »

There is a method using a solution of epsom salt ( magnesium sulfate) and diluted vinegar. Soaking clothes in it will set many types of dye. I have not done it myself yet, but I plan to.
WM 160A #326 #70
Starpery 169cm Lubby
GameLady Ciri
Jiusheng 148B #8 Arisa (ordered and waiting)

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tailor »

Tiny50 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:27 am So if I were to put on my doll black stockings just for like an hour or two, would that be long enough to stain?
Like I said I never wash more than 3-4 times. But to clarify. If the fabrics still stain the wash water after 3 to 4 washes, I do not use the clothes / fabrics on the doll. If all my clothes are color-safe, I do not need to remember which clothes are safe or not.
So I do not know, but seagull gave an good answer to the question
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Please google the topic of "setting dye". There is a bunch of information on how to set a dye in a fabric and how to remove the "free dye" from the fabric.
I don't remember clearly at the moment, but people who dye clothes "set" the dye with vinegar and salt (?). Well, google it and find out but the easy test is to fill your white bathroom sink with warm water and soak/squish the clothing. If the water remains perfectly clear, it is worth the risk. If the water is colored, back away slowly and choose something else.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

LoveBigTits
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LoveBigTits »

I am coming at this thread WAY late, but a trick I learned years ago is to wash any new clothes on a cold/cold cycle with 2 cups of Distilled White Vinegar instead of soap. After it runs and rinses one full cycle wash it once as normal and the colors don't run. I haven't tried this on a doll yet (my first is still enroute) but I've been doing this to my normal clothes for over 20 years and have never once had a problem with colors running even when mixing everything together in one load.

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Everyone has a lot of different methods, which is amazing.
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Yep, Tailor nailed it. If your doll is oil saturated, the TPE will draw the pigments out of the garments or sheets. Don't overdo the baby/mineral oil! There are indeed some fabrics- like wet look- that will transfer dye to your doll in an instant. Get a nylon mesh laundry bag for delicates and put all new garments through the wash. Except for leather and suede, obviously. Certain wool and silk items should only be washed in the sink with Woolite. You can also order a TPE sample to test new garments- I cut little cubes of TPE and place them on the various fabric elements of a given item and set a book on top to provide pressure. Leave it overnight and if the TPE sample hasn't stained then you should be good to go. If and when you do get stains, 0.10% benzoyl peroxide cream is your friend.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Expert Guidance on Choosing Clothes For a Sex Doll: https://www.coeros.com/choosing-clothes-for-sex-doll/
Your sex doll doesn’t want to just sit around naked all day.
:glou: :glou: :glou:
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

INFORMATIONS