kimberdoll.com

Does her back bend?

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
KimbersBoyfriend

Does her back bend?

Post by KimbersBoyfriend »

It’s just over a week now and I’m starting to get interested in posing her.

I’m looking at pictures on here and some show her back arched, or her leaning sideways.

Is there a joint in her spine? I can’t work out how to bend her and don’t want to break anything. Or is it just done by moving the legs and neck?

Kimberdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Does her back bend?

Post by Kimberdoll »

Hi KimbersBoyfriend,

Please see below a graphic of Kimber's skeleton. Here you can see each location that there is a joint or hinge component.
Skeleton Breakdown.jpg
Skeleton Breakdown.jpg (267.09 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Cheers,
Fletcher

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The joints are tight enough to prevent the body from doing the rag-doll thing
Will need a bit of effort
Lie the doll down, place your hand against the joint and lift the upper torso with your other hand
Should you lack the physical strength to do this, put your whole body into it :whistle:

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SharkLasers »

Kimberdoll wrote:Hi KimbersBoyfriend,

Please see below a graphic of Kimber's skeleton. Here you can see each location that there is a joint or hinge component.
Skeleton Breakdown.jpg
Cheers,
Fletcher
Thank you so much for posting this! Through my manipulations, I had already known of joint 6, but because of my doll's stiffness in the area, I didn't even know about joint 5. I also didn't even realize that joint 7 was even a thing! This will come in very handy for any future repairs I might have to make. Do you happen to know if the joint nuts are all the same size, or what size they might be? My doll came with a couple of joints that are a little too loose, which makes standing her just a tiny bit more problematic and I've been considering tightening them, to make them a little more stiff.

Whether you can answer or not, thank you still, for this skeletal graphic! :D
Proud newbie owner of my Kimber Doll, Heather Jade!
viewtopic.php?f=489&t=139797

INFORMATIONS