www.6yedollglobal.com/

Cleaning Advice Needed!!! - First Time Doll Owner

6Ye is an all time ready & customer-centric team offering beautiful, realistic and soulful looking sex dolls. Our hand-crafted dolls are a piece of art for us. We have been in the business over 4 years, serving customers all over the world. We do not handle retail sales. Please feel free to inquire for our dolls, then purchase from our authorized resellers.
ZelaTheDoll101
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Cleaning Advice Needed!!! - First Time Doll Owner

Post by ZelaTheDoll101 »

So... after much much debate, I have bought the new 6Ye 165F Premium (41kgs eeeeek), and she gon be arriving in a few weeks and I absolutely cannot wait.

However, after spending hours and hours on TDF reading all the fantastic informations from other peoples, I think I have the cleaning process down, but BUT BUT I just want to double check with all the pros here in case something went amiss:

So..... Step by Step:

1. when the doll arrives, take it out and give it a gentle cleaning (remove factory residue) (1:5 Antibacterial soap to water)
2. Gentle Pat dry with a lint free soft towel
3. NO need to oil after because of 6Ye's new TPE formula, simple let dry for a couple hours or so
4. Apply cornstarch with a makeup brush (can't do talc, my body is weird like that) (do I powder the face too......?)
5. Once a month, clean the doll like above
6. Once every three month, give it a good oil after cleaning.

Now, my major question is that 6Ye says they are using a new TPE formula which means no powdering or oiling is needed? Does this mean that there is no need to powder or oil after any cleans (EVEN after the first FACTORY RESIDUE clean??) Is any owner with the 165F body or anyone with the new TPE formula able to provide a little guidance for a fellow first-time doll owner pleez? I just want everything to be perfect for my honey, as does everyone else.

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Cleaning Advice Needed!!! - First Time Doll Owner

Post by maddmatter70 »

Corn starch in a sock. Smack the doll with the sock all over. Thank me later. Most folks find a strange satisfaction and appreciation of the dolls after they clean and powder them. Strange but true.

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

A doll won't be harmed by not being powdered; but, she will be tacky as hell and not feel nearly as much like a real woman, and will be harder to dress. And actually she may be at more risk of abrasions, if the skin is sticky it'll grab surfaces, So, there's no good argument for not powdering a doll, powdering once a week to once every two weeks should be good enough

But yeah oil is not necessary unless the skin needs to be rehydrated, so if it's look dry, ashy, cracked in any places.. oil there.

Oil is also mainly good as a spot cleaner. See visible grime set into the skin? Take oil on a (clean) finger and rub it in, then go over it with light pressure, try to push the dirt.. oil will lift it out. Gently wipe the dirty oil off with a paper towel.

I don't wash my dolls (aside from privates) very often at all, only when there is visible dirt/grime. It's just too much damn work. But when I do, I get a cloth and bottle of soap water and do a sponge bath on the bed, I do not risk using shower/tub, because I want precise control of where water is going. Water is the #1 early cause of death for dolls

@maddmatter, I use a brush but I'm open to trying new things if it works better... Does the sock method still get a nice even coating or do you only do it because it's easier?

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

You should be able to tell by touch if your Doll really needs powdering or not, It will be sticky to the touch after it has been washed and dried, I do not have any Dolls that do not need powdering, but I do have a few TPE onaholes that really do not need powdering, these Dolls may be made of a more current make of TPE that needs little or no powdering.

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by maddmatter70 »

Sock works better than brush for me. I am not so gentle

Canvas
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Canvas »

maddmatter70 wrote:Sock works better than brush for me. I am not so gentle
The sock method is the best, brushes tend to get spotty in my experience, you can always lightly hit any spots with the sock if they show up and they'll go away. Plus you can cover a much larger area and don't have to constantly load the sock with powder
- viewtopic.php?t=144737 -
🌸 🍒 - Doll Canvas - 🍒 🌸

ZelaTheDoll101
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ZelaTheDoll101 »

maddmatter70 wrote:Corn starch in a sock. Smack the doll with the sock all over. Thank me later. Most folks find a strange satisfaction and appreciation of the dolls after they clean and powder them. Strange but true.
as in, any sock? Or does it have to be a thin sock?

ZelaTheDoll101
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ZelaTheDoll101 »

YungSynth wrote:A doll won't be harmed by not being powdered; but, she will be tacky as hell and not feel nearly as much like a real woman, and will be harder to dress. And actually she may be at more risk of abrasions, if the skin is sticky it'll grab surfaces, So, there's no good argument for not powdering a doll, powdering once a week to once every two weeks should be good enough

But yeah oil is not necessary unless the skin needs to be rehydrated, so if it's look dry, ashy, cracked in any places.. oil there.

Oil is also mainly good as a spot cleaner. See visible grime set into the skin? Take oil on a (clean) finger and rub it in, then go over it with light pressure, try to push the dirt.. oil will lift it out. Gently wipe the dirty oil off with a paper towel.

I don't wash my dolls (aside from privates) very often at all, only when there is visible dirt/grime. It's just too much damn work. But when I do, I get a cloth and bottle of soap water and do a sponge bath on the bed, I do not risk using shower/tub, because I want precise control of where water is going. Water is the #1 early cause of death for dolls

@maddmatter, I use a brush but I'm open to trying new things if it works better... Does the sock method still get a nice even coating or do you only do it because it's easier?

Ahhh I see so powder is still basically required. Roger that. Thank youuuu

ZelaTheDoll101
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ZelaTheDoll101 »

Dollfriend wrote:You should be able to tell by touch if your Doll really needs powdering or not, It will be sticky to the touch after it has been washed and dried, I do not have any Dolls that do not need powdering, but I do have a few TPE onaholes that really do not need powdering, these Dolls may be made of a more current make of TPE that needs little or no powdering.
Oh okay so basically give it a touch and see! Roger that.

Thank youuuuuu

Enchanted
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Enchanted »

The whole difference is, we talking about a 6Ye doll and from what Ive read they do not need oil and they do not have a sticky TPE skin, thats why they also dont need powdering.

But till now everyone oiling those dolls, so we dont have prove if not oiling these dolls will keep them into a good condition.
The Escapades of Esmee (photo thread):
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=144390
The search and buying your first doll... ideas, tips, the frustrations and all you will go through:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=140093
Review FutureDoll 163cm:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144301
Stained Silicone Doll:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144054

INFORMATIONS