Starpery.com

Will my doll be safe in 25-35c temperatures?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Will my doll be safe in 25-35c temperatures?

Post by rjs »

Hi guys. I am going to be away for a few days. If I leave my AC off for a few days will my doll be safe in 25-30c temperatures? The doll is in a dark room so no direct sunlight is coming in or shining on her.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Will my doll be safe in 25-35c temperatures?

Post by Mr Franz »

TPE doll I assume? She should be fine. I keep my house at 80-81F/27C in the summer without issue and I know they can withstand higher temps than that.

rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rjs »

Mr Franz wrote:TPE doll I assume? She should be fine. I keep my house at 80-81F/27C in the summer without issue and I know they can withstand higher temps than that.
She is TPE. Thank you for the information. I was worried that she might deform.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I think its possible for deformation to take place at something like 120F/53C, but I'm not sure on that. The melting point of TPE is a lot higher than that. So at 35C as long as she's not left with limbs bent or in tight clothes, I don't see a problem.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

A recent heartbreaker :(
viewtopic.php?p=1958646#p1958646

rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rjs »

seagull wrote:A recent heartbreaker :(
viewtopic.php?p=1958646#p1958646
That is sad. :( I would be upset too. I only had my doll since about December last year, and I have really grown attached to her. I felt bad when I accidentally broke her thumb when moving her. I don't really associate with a lot of people and spend like 95% of my time by myself. I mostly got her not for sexual purposes but as a companion. It's nice waking up to her by my side. So, I can understand the companionship, and my heart goes out to that individual in that post.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

It's nice waking up to her by my side
Amen to that :)

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower »

I just got some anecdotal answers to this over the past 2 weeks. I left my 2 girls-one all TPE, one a TPE body with a silicone head-sitting on the daybed while I left town for over a week. It's been in the triple digits every day here (100-110+F/38-44C) and I left the AC off while I was gone. Happily, they both appear fine.

rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rjs »

Rowsdower wrote:I just got some anecdotal answers to this over the past 2 weeks. I left my 2 girls-one all TPE, one a TPE body with a silicone head-sitting on the daybed while I left town for over a week. It's been in the triple digits every day here (100-110+F/38-44C) and I left the AC off while I was gone. Happily, they both appear fine.
Thanks for the share. Both your and Mr. Franz's replies have made me feel more relaxed on this temperature concern.

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

Speaking from experience with extreme heat (115F +)

The most common issues I've had with the TPE doll I had in the extreme heat was minor tears at joints bent too much.

Knees bent in a sitting position (90 degree angle) can cause tears at the back of the knee.
If you do leave them in the heat do so in a neutral laying down pose, similar to what they are shipped in.
Don't move the doll until it cools down, things can shift or and subtle edge can poke through more easily.
Maintenance and repair log for 130cm Anime fabric doll

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95439

Skeleton and Layer Breakdown

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=120019

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Some of the temperatures in the US & Canada have made us Aussies cringe a little, anything over 40C gets our attention, as for nearly 50C, well that's insanely hot for residential areas :(

INFORMATIONS