www.wmdolls.com

Advice for first time doll buyer?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Lafayette
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Advice for first time doll buyer?

Post by Lafayette »

Hello TDF,

Newbie here, and I want to get my first doll. I've narrowed down my preferred options, but am now at a point where I'm not sure what option is best, so I would love input from those of you more experienced.

My background: I am a mid-20s male, and I've got a favorite body type but it comes at the cost of rather heavy weight. I'm not super strong but I am getting stronger. I only have the budget and storage space for one doll, and so I plan to just get one and use it for several years until I perhaps replace it down the road.

My options:
A) Get the doll that matches my favorite body type (WM 163 H) even though it is 50kg (110 lbs).
B) Wait until the WM 163 H reduced weight version is available... it is projected to be 35kg (75 lbs) but no idea how long I'll be waiting.
C) Settle for a body type that doesn't get me quite as excited (WM 156 H or WM 152 H), but it's still very attractive to me and the weight is shaved down to 37-40kg (80-90 lbs).
D) Get something that is substantially less weight, even though it wouldn't be a body type I find nearly as exciting.

Any ideas/advice is appreciated, thanks!

thazehase

Re: Advice for first time doll buyer?

Post by thazehase »

The weight is the most important point. It does not metter that you like the doll sooo much, if you can´t use/move her.
My heaviest doll weighs 38kg and it is pretty hard to move her. If you want to do anything more then missionary, I can already garrantee that she will be to heavy to bring her into position.

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

D. I've never been able to get my most desired dolls but the "less desirable" lighter weight ones still excite me very much.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

It's a tough one

I always preach going lighter on your first doll as getting used to moving,dressing etc takes some time
35kg should be ok but no way would I look at something 50kg's

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

bigchilli wrote:It's a tough one

I always preach going lighter on your first doll as getting used to moving,dressing etc takes some time
35kg should be ok but no way would I look at something 50kg's
What he said 8O

You will be so much happier if you choose light over heavy for your doll.
No matter what you think about the beauty of a doll or what turns you on. If you are not able to enjoy all the aspects as a doll owner. You may be limiting your experience.

Good luck and welcome to the fun.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Yea. Take people's opinion here with a grain of salt. Get the doll YOU want. Not what someone else thinks is the doll you should have. Put great thought into that as there is a decision process in coming to that conclusion such as weight, height, bust/waist/hip size, leg girth, available heads, etc.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

nv0001

Post by nv0001 »

With all do respect... It calls "expirience" and better listen and follow it

Go to gym make 50kg weight, try to get it on your hands like body.imagine it EVERY time... Ok? Go get it :)
But I suspect...

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I vote C, for what it's worth.

I've had plenty of flesh and blood partners who weren't "perfect" that were amazing in bed. Perfect is the enemy of good, and "good enough" is a fine place to start in the hobby.

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

Get what you want. You'll be able to adjust since you're in your 20's.
Face and body mean a lot to me. My first couple of dolls, I settled for less.
I should have gone for my first crush, wm 166c with a 124 head.
I don't want any other.

On the technical side, be aware, looks will develop, it's up to you. What you get in the box, may not look all that at first.
Like any girl, makeup and hair make the girl. The wig that comes with her might be ok, but be patient, you'll learn what's better by reading the threads here.
Beware the hands and wrists. The weakest points. Doggy style will kill them quickly. If you must, set her on her elbows instead.
Rattles are normal, depending on how hard the jack hammering is.
Good luck!
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

slvstake

Post by slvstake »

Buying a doll is a significant investment. If you really have your heart set on the WM 163 H, then I'd say wait for the REDUCED WEIGHT version. WM revealed the reduced weight version in APRIL, and the response was pretty positive. So you may only have to wait a few more months for wide release or at least further news. Honestly, you'd be kicking yourself in the butt if you buy the 110 lb version, and they release the 75lb version soon after. So what's a few months?

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

If you have never owned a doll before, 110 pounds is almost risky. You are not talking about exercise equipment with handles or a bar, but rather a fragile piece of art that can easily be damaged. The repairs subforum is full of horror stories.

Take your time to read up on how to lift, and pose, and store a doll safely. Each of these takes patience and attentiveness. There is also maintenance to consider. I would recommend starting with a torso or even a Fleshlight to see how you respond and also measure your own capacity for cleaning and drying the item.

There are a lot of joys that come from doll ownership but also a lot of work.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Weight is the primary Buzz Kill in this Hobby, no matter how Attractive or sexy the Doll is, if you are having to strain and sweat to move the Doll around/ Clean the Doll, etc. all the Fun will quickly disappear, it is probably one of the Main reasons Dolls are put up for sale here on the Forum.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Dollfriend wrote:Weight is the primary Buzz Kill in this Hobby, no matter how Attractive or sexy the Doll is, if you are having to strain and sweat to move the Doll around/ Clean the Doll, etc. all the Fun will quickly disappear, it is probably one of the Main reasons Dolls are put up for sale here on the Forum.
This is absolutely true. Weight on a doll is unique to deal with.

I recently got one of the Climax mini torsos. See viewtopic.php?p=1955750#p1955750

I love Moira but Breanna ( the mini ) is so much easier to deal with. Ultimately I am glad to have both but I had years to prepare for Moira, even though it still took an adjustment.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

AtomicPunk

Post by AtomicPunk »

You need to be able to comfortably manage the weight. Unfortunately it's a dilemma for those who are looking for "extra TPE" in their companions.

If you have your true heart set on a tall doll, i think the wait for the next gen might be worth it... that is, if they really have announced when their production dates start.

Good luck!
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

No matter how strong you think you are, lifting a doll is nothing like lifting a solid object. I always liken it to trying to lift and maneuver a hundred pound marshmallow. Not that it can't be done, but it ain't easy. So by all means get the type of doll you like, but know your limitations and choose accordingly.

Myself,age and health issues prevent me from lifting much over 50lbs. Still, there are body types I like and body types I don't. My solution was to get a doll with the proportions I find most pleasing, but in a more scaled down package. So the doll I choose is somewhat shorter than I would have liked, but proportion wise, it fits my ideal perfectly. If fact, she actually has a fuller figure than many taller dolls, as there is a tendency for manufacturers to simply elongate the legs to gain extra height, without really extending the torso all that much.

INFORMATIONS