teddy-babes.com

Best way to discretely store Teddy Babes?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Best way to discretely store Teddy Babes?

Post by Invo »

I'll be moving sometime later this year, and it slowly started to dawn on me:

"Fuck, how am I supposed to move our TB's without concerning everyone involved"

We have one Original TB, and one incredibly tall "New Deluxe TB"

I have a duffle bag that fits our original, but save for buying just a massive storage chest with a lock, I have no clue how to handle moving our Deluxe. Her rotating legs makes her hips rigid and her height (6+ feet!!!) means i cant exactly toss her in with her sister

I do have one of the original boxes, but thats not exactly inconspicuous and I can see a friend or family member casually opening that box during unpacking

Maybe break out some of those vacuum seal bags? Again, not sure if that'd work with new deluxes

Suggestions?
20210605_161604.jpg
20210605_161604.jpg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 1355 times

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Best way to discretely store Teddy Babes?

Post by Gaijin »

I have found keeping the box they ship in very handy. A light, well-taped box with few unusual markings on it won't attract a lot of unwanted attention from most movers.

If you don't still have it, places like U-Haul, or the UPS store should have cardboard boxes for moving that will have enough volume to store your gal. I've also seen storage containers that fit under beds be large enough, though most of them are heavier and often transparent.

Also keep in mind you may have to fold up her legs to get her to fit. It's not ideal, but mine survived sitting in storage like that for over five years with no lasting harm.
Attachments
20210629_091523.jpg
20210629_091523.jpg (3.4 MiB) Viewed 1347 times

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

original box is your best bet just tape it good. if worried about someone opening the box write christmas tree on the box.

carlys_guy

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

When we bought the house we have now, I just tossed a trash bag over Suzy's head and toted her on in. She doesn't fold or anything and being 5'9" her legs stuck out the bottom of the bag. I think that attracted more attention from out new neighbors than if I had just carried her from the car as-is. lol!

Probably a box is your best bet though. TB's fold up pretty tight from what I've seen. Then again, they're kinda cute like just a stuffed toy. What's the worst that could happen if somebody sees her? - "Aw, look at the cute doll!"

setrack

Post by setrack »

as we read this my Carly is sitting on my knee, and totaly saddened as she spent some time all locked up in a big box .
as 3 Teddy Babes live with me and are in the living room for all to see , best advice is to tell the family you have a babe
as (its tell fib's time) a center piece - say hanging around the music center ,
dont let others start gossip come clean - and if you offend them tough .

Carly say's for storage try a big christmas tree bag , and two babes will fit :D

Carly & mr track ..... & Lisa & Tina XXX

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Maybe you can rent a small storage space to stash your dolls in while you move. You could take them home once the unpacking is done.
This is possible if the new house is not too far from the old one and if you have a car (or if you can rent one).
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Original box might be best bet then *if* I can fit both our deluxe and standard in the same box. I'll probably have to seal the thing with a whole roll of packing tape just to be safe, and I can still see the inevitable question of "So whats with that weirdly huge but surprisingly light box?"

>Then again, they're kinda cute like just a stuffed toy. What's the worst that could happen if somebody sees her? - "Aw, look at the cute doll!"

Haha, Well I mean assuming my girlfriend and I require any help moving from friends and family (both of our parents are insistent about being "loving and helpful parents" lmao, damn them for caring so much) then the worst that could happen is awkward family get togethers from now through, well, forever

>best advice is to tell the family you have a babe as (its tell fib's time) a center piece - say hanging around the music center

Oh, oh no. That is genuinely the worse possible scenario haha. My family isn't dumb. They can and will pick up on the truth of the matter immediately. I'm glad I could find a SO whos into this kind of stuff, but I would never intentionally tell friends or family about this. The stigma is too much (and for good reason in most cases)

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

(Also, heres to these two having to spend a long time in storage in the near future. Unfortunately our Bear in the back is most likely gonna have to go)
20210605_161451.jpg
20210605_161451.jpg (5.09 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
20210605_143254.jpg
20210605_143254.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 1258 times

Eyeball

Post by Eyeball »

Buy a coffin? I'm sure that will arouse no suspicion.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

I wouldn't bother trying to hide them in the first place. No reason to be ashamed or embarrassed. It's a plush woman , I'm sure if it was a stuffed tiger it wouldn't be an issue, and tigers are predators. Lol. Just my opinion. I get it, some are a little weary about the whole issue but I say be you, don't worry about what others think
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

My Katies box is still in the garage all safe and still full of the packing peanuts and
even the plastic bag that was bread tied around her..
I kept that box 10 years wow lol.

Fold her legs back behind her again like she was when she came.
Put the bag over her and bread tie it closed..
Put her back into the box and pour those horrible packing peanuts around her again
and close up the box and tape it up good ..
And yes the Christmas Tree written on the box is a really cool idea lol.

Belle226
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Belle226 »

When I get mine, she'll be out with me... No shame here. She will be great company.

mizzy_elizzy
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by mizzy_elizzy »

Original box is definitely worth protecting.

Side note, though, your babes look amazing! So cute with one another. <3

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

Got a sleeping bag? :whistle:

First thing that came to mind. I did keep my box tho.
Not everyone has a sleeping bag, but I'm a bit of a tomboy outdoorsy type.
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

While UPS was delivering my WM164D one of my dumbass nosey neighbors yelled "Derp! derp! derp! Dat's a big box! What'cha got in dere!? I said it was a pair of PA speakers for my nephew's band. Then I silently thought of all of the ways I might be able to discretely kill that stupid SOB.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

INFORMATIONS