Starpery.com

Repairing hands? TPE doll what glue to use?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Repairing hands? TPE doll what glue to use?

Post by Beardy79 »

I'm a new member and have my first TPE doll from Neojoy.

I have been reading through the threads and can't seem to quite find the answers to a couple of questions ( unless I've just missed them.)

I am currently replacing wires in both my dolls' hands as 6/10 have come loose. I'm using some strong but very flexible wire that was recommended. Now, I've managed to peel back the tpe and replaced the wires but i'm trying to use a tpe glue bought from ebay. Ive carefully watched videos on how to use the glue, but it seems to be making the cuts worse and now it's almost eating the tpe, causing cracks. Is there something i should be using on the tpe before I use the glue? or am i just not quick enough?

I was thinking of testing using a skin safe silicone resin with skin pigment, to try and repair the damage. But am looking for advise first.

I'm currently also trying to remove some stains using both Olive Oil and petroluem jelly and see what results i get.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Repairing hands? TPE doll what glue to use?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, unfortunately the tpe 'glue' you have there is actually a solvent and will just melt into the tpe. It's useful for very specific damage but will disolve your gals fingers! I've done a few finger wire replacements and now would only use 3m Primer 94 to seal up the incision, I've posted about it in my repair thread. Good luck.

Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Beardy79 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi there, unfortunately the tpe 'glue' you have there is actually a solvent and will just melt into the tpe. It's useful for very specific damage but will disolve your gals fingers! I've done a few finger wire replacements and now would only use 3m Primer 94 to seal up the incision, I've posted about it in my repair thread. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. Do you have a link to the thread?

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

TPE glue (solvent) can be used to repair this type of damage but not by applying it directly to your doll.

I've found the way to seal up cuts and tears using TPE solvent is to create a thick paste by combining the solvent with some spare TPE in a separate container and leaving it for a few days to dissolve. The paste should be really thick and gloopy, not soft and runny, so that it only just has time to relax into the tear or cut before starting to go solid. You then need to leave it for a day or two to fully dry.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Ensure you use good Protective gear and clean everything thoroughly afterwards :)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again, here's the link to my repair thread where I detail my last finger wire replacement which went very well:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=106371&p=1940214&hi ... r#p1940214

ADHERAQ777

Post by ADHERAQ777 »

HOT is the best, as MISHKA show on its video.... But new take Fear... I understand...

Or 3M94, but not sure that reparation keep after time...
WMDOLLS 140 2018 TPE
Starpery RONG TPE 2021
Teddy Babe 2009 Jessica
4Woods Elina 2011
Doll House 168

Dolls Repair TV : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCiI8IS ... /playlists
Dolls Albums : http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=11576
Print3D : https://cults3d.com/fr/utilisateurs/Anarkia777/
Artiste 3D : https://www.deviantart.com/anarkia333/gallery

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Don't use wire for the repair without Mannequin Fan's palm plate and phalanges kit. Search, "we can rebuild her" and read through that thread. I used Mannequin Fan's parts for my YL. Yes, it was a lot of work but you want to do this the right way.

Good luck.

Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Beardy79 »

seagull wrote:Ensure you use good Protective gear and clean everything thoroughly afterwards :)
Thank you, I work with cleaning chemicals a lot so have all the protective gear. :)

Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Beardy79 »

nicvncnt wrote:TPE glue (solvent) can be used to repair this type of damage but not by applying it directly to your doll.

I've found the way to seal up cuts and tears using TPE solvent is to create a thick paste by combining the solvent with some spare TPE in a separate container and leaving it for a few days to dissolve. The paste should be really thick and gloopy, not soft and runny, so that it only just has time to relax into the tear or cut before starting to go solid. You then need to leave it for a day or two to fully dry.
Thank you. I will definitely give this a try.

Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Beardy79 »

Thank you everyone for your replies. A lot to consider.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

Try not to worry about staining
They go away on there own

3m primer is definitely the way to go

How do you find your neojoy?

Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Beardy79 »

bigchilli wrote:Try not to worry about staining

Is there an alternative to 3M primer in the UK? I'm scouring ebay etc for some but it's very costly.

The neojoy is my first doll and I mainly bought her for reference for life drawing poses (not accurate, just a guide) but she's become a great companion. A bit on the heavy side but she is quite buxom. I made the mistake of putting dark clothes on her before washing them a few times and for too long.

She arrived quickly (36 hours) so was very pleased with speed of service. but forgot to ask for spare tpe. but i've found a similar shade inexpensive via ebay.

ADHERAQ777

Post by ADHERAQ777 »

Beardy79 wrote:
bigchilli wrote:Try not to worry about staining

Is there an alternative to 3M primer in the UK? I'm scouring ebay etc for some but it's very costly.

The neojoy is my first doll and I mainly bought her for reference for life drawing poses (not accurate, just a guide) but she's become a great companion. A bit on the heavy side but she is quite buxom. I made the mistake of putting dark clothes on her before washing them a few times and for too long.

She arrived quickly (36 hours) so was very pleased with speed of service. but forgot to ask for spare tpe. but i've found a similar shade inexpensive via ebay.
3M is eays to find everywhere.... I bought 3M from UK last week for nothing cost...
WMDOLLS 140 2018 TPE
Starpery RONG TPE 2021
Teddy Babe 2009 Jessica
4Woods Elina 2011
Doll House 168

Dolls Repair TV : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCiI8IS ... /playlists
Dolls Albums : http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=11576
Print3D : https://cults3d.com/fr/utilisateurs/Anarkia777/
Artiste 3D : https://www.deviantart.com/anarkia333/gallery

INFORMATIONS