Starpery.com

New Robo toy with 38 sensors and realistic movment

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

When we can choose our girl and she give her love without conditions, they will be nicer than dolls and as nice as pets :P

dachemist
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dachemist »

Actually power is not a problem, you could use several diferent techniques to give it power, ranging from lithium bateries (talk about a lap top dancer), to fuell cells (the ultimate drunk gal), to direct tether systems (could work on BDSM scenarios where she is allready chained) to induction based systems (like your average electric toothbrush but bigger), the problem is to make a robot that senses lots and lots of information and processes it accordingly and in real time (are you switching from missionary to doggy?, is she falling from the bed?, have you kissed her? etc etc etc), you could grab one of disney's pirates of the caribbean animatronics, reprogram it and make it your ride (if you are into guys singing yo ho ho ho :razz: ), but in time it would become dead boring, and you would be fixed to it's program, or have to reprogram each movement from time to time...

goddesstiffi

Post by goddesstiffi »

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
10 to 20 bottles of alcohol a day! My God she will surely be dancing topless on the table and then falling on the floor. Realistic puke to follow.

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

:haha4: Tiffi! I suppose the first doll like that will be Tanya :haha4:

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

look for valerie android. with a start price of 58,000 u.s dollars she is a pretty neat toy.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

goddesstiffi wrote: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
10 to 20 bottles of alcohol a day! My God she will surely be dancing topless on the table and then falling on the floor. Realistic puke to follow.
LMAO!
look for valerie android. with a start price of 58,000 u.s dollars she is a pretty neat toy.
I remember seeing their website a couple years ago. Doesn't look like much has changed recently. Nice mannequin, but the technology doesn't look all that promising. The hand they show is rather crude looking.

I think there will need to be a revolution in materials technology before androids become viable in a realistic way. Things like Biochemical components that can replicate muscle structures that contract with electrical stimulation, and bonding agents for attaching ligiments to light weight skeletal constructs.

And I think current computer technology is still relatively primitive. When something like some kind of molecular memory system becomes common, we may be getting somewhere.

Maybe nonotechnology will soon provide a leap forward in that direction.

In the mean time, let silicone reign supreme! :D

The little dinobot is definitely cool, though.
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

Alpo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Alpo »

" However, I think that, short term, the direction to go would be to make the presently available dolls far lighter in weight and, perhaps, to equip them with the ability to make realistic sounds during sexual activity in response to the level of stimulation they are receiving." Quote from technoguy.

technoguy,

I'll take that as a challenge. I believe that we the end users of the product or technology can have an impact on the direction of the technology. I think that if we decide we want the dolls to do summer-saults and hang from the chandaleers the "Creaters" will build a doll just for that. I will be building my own project that adresses many of the issues that the current dolls lack. keep those posts coming. We could learn Alot from each other.
What works, what doesnt, and no freaking way dont even try this. (ha ha ha)
If anyone knows of a good AI software reply to this post or PM me. I have already looked at ultra hal, just wanting to know what else is out there.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

technoguy wrote: Many here state that they are "in love" with their dolls and I do not doubt that they have some very genuine loving feelings toward such an object due to its uncanny resemblance to a living human female and its ability to meet their needs.
I would say that 'love' is appropriate for the feelings I'm having. I'm seriously smitten by the mere images of the doll I want in my life. It goes beyond the uncanny resemblance to a female, though. For me, it's the level of 'beauty' that I see in the dolls that makes them so captivating.

I have what is probably an exceptionally high expectation for beauty. In my mind, the Orient Industry dolls almost go beyond 'real' and approach 'surreal' as far as the perception of beauty is concerned. I started a thread in the Japanese Dolls forum on how "perfect" I think they look.

Take something that quenches that kind of desire for beauty, combine it with a means for satisfying sexual release (even if not 'realistic') and it's a very potent combination.
In fact, I can even envision the day when some males might actually PREFER the company of their sex/love dolls to that of actual women!
Heh... from some of the things I've read, I think that day is already here! :D

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

I got no response to this in the other thread, so since its on the topic (more or less) I'm bringing it up again here. What do you technical types think of the new technology talked about in this article:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/08/3 ... technology

If applied to android/gynod construction, it seems like it would address the power problems mentioned earlier in this thread (Tether vs RTG vs Bio-mechanical), and despite the problems taking your doll on an airplane, something that runs on hydrogen peroxide (cheap and easily available) might be very practical. Any thoughts?

Also, that Pleo thing looks amazing, anybody know if its on the market yet?

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Crazyhorse wrote:I got no response to this in the other thread, so since its on the topic (more or less) I'm bringing it up again here.
I saw it in the other thread and meant to comment, sorry. Better here, though, don't you think?

That looks down right amazing! Granted, the power source is going to require some bureaucratic approval, but man, what a leap in technical innovation. That's what it's going to take... scientists who are willing to push the limits... or forget the limits and go off in new directions altogether.

Did you see this article that's linked from that one?

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/01/3 ... 0131170030

Lab-grown nerve tissue... biological to microchip interface. 8O

Welcome to the 21st century!

~DL

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

That looks down right amazing! Granted, the power source is going to require some bureaucratic approval, but man, what a leap in technical innovation. That's what it's going to take... scientists who are willing to push the limits... or forget the limits and go off in new directions altogether.
I think you're right, I hope this project gets the funding to continue developing and the exposure to grow beyond just prosthetics. Seems to me we may be closer than anyone ever thought to just jumping right over several of the biggest barriers in the way of developing humanoid robots.
Did you see this article that's linked from that one?

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/01/3 ... 0131170030

Lab-grown nerve tissue... biological to microchip interface. Shocked

Welcome to the 21st century!
No I missed that, but its awesome. There's another article somewhere about a group that managed to transfer computer data onto organic brain cells, and back again. 8O Sounds like science fiction but apparently someone did it. I'll have to see if I can find that.

Oh, and it looks like the Pleo was delayed again, but lots of places are taking pre-orders ($300-$350) and the first shipment is supposed to happen November 15.

INFORMATIONS