Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

What is going on with Abyss?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

julle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: What is going on with Abyss?

Post by julle »

I got just e-mail that doll is ready to ship and I hope there is no problem anymore. The problem was lack of right information when delivery was delayed a lot.

dollsforme

Post by dollsforme »

julle wrote:I got just e-mail that doll is ready to ship and I hope there is no problem anymore. The problem was lack of right information when delivery was delayed a lot.
Happy to know that the doll is ready to ship. I am sure you will be happy with your order once received and nightmare of waiting 8 months is over.

dollsforme

Post by dollsforme »

After waiting from 35 weeks, I finally got the notification email that my doll had shipped. I had purchased 4 dolls prior to this and still have been the longest wait time ever. I don't think I want to do this again.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Congratulations. It is now the hardest 5 days. Knowing its shipped waiting for the freight companies call.

djyuran
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by djyuran »

I am also getting very slow responses from Sam.
Is Sam and Brick the same person or I can ask Brick a couple questions here instead?

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

djyuran wrote:I am also getting very slow responses from Sam.
Is Sam and Brick the same person or I can ask Brick a couple questions here instead?

Sam is an employee of Abyss. Brick is the Brand Ambassador- he’s a member here like the rest of us. :thumbs_up:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

dollsforme

Post by dollsforme »

TJ_Foxx wrote:
djyuran wrote:I am also getting very slow responses from Sam.

Sam is an employee of Abyss. Brick is the Brand Ambassador- he’s a member here like the rest of us. :thumbs_up:
What TJ_Foxx stated is absolutely correct. I would call him to get a quicker respond than email him and leave a message along with you order and your concern.

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

If you have time during the day, you could reach Sam during the live chat option directly on their website. I had a few questions just before placing my order during the Black Friday 20% off and I was able to reach Samuel without too long of a wait on consecutive days. He was very responsive and helpful.

I was working from home and just left my cell next to the laptop. This way I didn't lose too much time and just kept working until I reached the front of the chat queue.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

Brick wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am The xmode 3 should be released end of the year. It may have moan delay and the desktop version being released after the first of the year, will have some scripting for sex mode orgasm. This will not require a new sensex insert. So if you want to start it now you can....
Most of us are not in the loop any more with the death of CRD and VIP being a vacuum for any information. Do you have any other information on software such as xmode3 and the new sensex etc?

I saw a new RDX was rolled out to our dashboards with no fanfare or announcements that i have seen but we are now at 1.2 instead of 1.1. The only difference i see with the new version is that there is a better new user tutorial and Private Room does not work. Your girl is stuck in an A-pose in the undressing part and in the sex part the meter does not increase when you stroke her.

Brick

Post by Brick »

I am not in the loop anymore either...
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that they are getting left in the dust by the Chinese market, with a never ending sea of options and constant innovations. Plus unbeatable pricing and wait time to boot. It's sad, as Realdolls are beautiful, but I am just stating what seems to me to be the obvious. They are clearly still doing business, but I often wonder for how much longer in such a market?

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

I just ordered the repair kit, just in case, I cannot order them anymore in the future. I will receive it next week. Should have ordered it when I was on old CRD with a better discount.

Seems a big jump in price too, was $60 a few months ago, now $80. Anyway, the package is in the mail, just for peace of mind.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

KKFun wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:53 am I just ordered the repair kit, just in case, I cannot order them anymore in the future. I will receive it next week. Should have ordered it when I was on old CRD with a better discount.

Seems a big jump in price too, was $60 a few months ago, now $80. Anyway, the package is in the mail, just for peace of mind

Mine came pretty quickly, you should probably have it have it by now?

Price increase suck, especially for anything polymer. Their cost skyrocketed and I am betting the supply chain is strained like it for auto manufacturers, paint companies, construction supply etc. I work in fleet management, polymer shortages have brought the auto industry to its knees. Plastic electrical housings became scarce and out priced metal boxes for construction and home improvement. Spray paint has. more than doubled in price. I am ok with even a 30% increase like that for accessories with Abyss holding the line on their main product which is polymer based. This has been their strength, maintaining prices for dolls in tough times. Brick can tell us better but how many price increases has Abyss had in the last 7 years? 1? 2? that includes the increase AFTER they had a price roll back a few years ago.
blindwebster wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:34 pm A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that they are getting left in the dust by the Chinese market, with a never ending sea of options and constant innovations. Plus unbeatable pricing and wait time to boot. It's sad, as Realdolls are beautiful, but I am just stating what seems to me to be the obvious. They are clearly still doing business, but I often wonder for how much longer in such a market?
I don't see that as obvious. Perhaps at first glance. There will always be a place for Real Doll, I am confident they are several steps ahead of us in strategic planning. It may not be what we envision or what it has been, but these guys are just too smart to fail. I don't see them as needing to compete with the "Chinese Market," nor being left in the dust. That is just my take on it. That isn't better or worse than anyone else's.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

To me it looks like Abyss is struggling to be honest. I think the move to Vegas has not been kind and I suspect they have some development costs for the robotic heads that they need to repay, as they seem to be cost cutting. I am not sure what the deal was with VIP but now we are all here instead of on CRD.

They also seem to have stopped new products and improvements. We know they were working on posable faces, a new software for the robots, a new curvy body, a robotic head for the male doll and a standing skeleton to name a few. It has been more than a year since they released anything new, which were a few faces for the robots, a male doll and body H.

I hope Abyss pulls through as they make the nicest faces anywhere. But they will need to add posable articulated fingers and improve the skeleton. They have had posable fingers before but abandoned them. They are the standard with all other high end dolls and an option for cheaper ones. Also hand punched eye bows need to be brought back as an option even though it is expensive. It is also a standard on high end dolls.

It looks to me like their focus is on the RealCocks to be the primary product and to cut complexity of the dolls. IMO that is the wrong way to go. Abyss cannot compete with the Chinese unless they remain bespoke and innovative. The free advertising from the robotic head will not last either as EXdoll have started taking pre-orders for their robotic head.

I really want Abyss to survive and thrive but they look to be in a bad place and they seem to be doing all the wrong things.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

We all want them to succeed and do well. We can all speculate what we THINK is going on. We really don't know. We can do is wait and see. I'll elect to support them any way I can. If it wasn't for Abyss, I would not have Tasha, and I probably wouldn't even have a doll. In 2015 I had Tasha and another American silicone doll that wasn't a real doll. That one was quickly replaced with a Real Doll. I tried TPE in 2017, didn't care for it. I tried the other major American Silicone Doll in 2018, didn't care for them either, both were pretty just didn't connect with them not care for their skeletons or interacting with them. I see a lot of pretty TPE and Asian silicone- Yet none of it moves me enough to think they could compete with my Tasha, Petite 3. That doesn't mean they aren't nice- they just aren't for me.

Yes, many of these innovations are interesting, like articulated fingers for example. I hear a lot of praise but I also see reports of how fragile they are, not just the fingers but the dolls themselves. If & when Abyss does adds any of these features like the fingers (again), a standing skeleton, shrugging shoulders etc. one thing will be for sure, at least IMO, it will be done right. I had one of the last faces in early 2019 with hand punched eyebrows, they failed during shipping; sadly. Abyss quickly replaced the face with one that has beautifully customized eye brows painted by Kate. In my experience they they stop offering features that aren't successful. Whether implanted hair in scalps will be a thing of the future for Abyss, remains to be seen. Other companies are offering implanted hair in eyebrows and scalps. We haven't seen any long term success. This isn't the place to discuss that anyway, it is just an example of: just because someone is doing it doesn't mean it works long term. I am not going to expect Abyss to offer a feature if they aren't positive it will be successful.

This is all just discussion, we certainly aren't intending to be critical of one another & our opinions. We all just kicking around thoughts about this wonderful company who has impacted our lives in a very positive way.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS