Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

What is going on with Abyss?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: What is going on with Abyss?

Post by 0osik »

It would be nice if Abyss would weigh in SOMEWHERE. I do know of several people who are looking, but without even a trickle of information coming from Abyss we are looking elsewhere for the next best thing.
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

I think this thread may be going a bit off of the deep end. I followed up recently on my order and was promptly updated on where I am in the queue. Yes, we can conclude that there is a backup due to the facilities relocation but right now what company isn't struggling to fill openings?

I don't think RD wants to publicly admit just how long the queue is, but the tax situation in California was likely the driving factor behind the move. Obviously Abyss wants to take care of their clients, but they exist first and foremost to make money.

I'm sure that they will get production times back to 3 - 4 months but, in the meantime, there will be some growing pains and it's manifesting itself with production delays. I have other dolls to fill the time and am comfortable being patient.

If this will really be the work of art that everyone says, I have no problem patiently waiting for a few more months.

Flight of Fancy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Flight of Fancy »

I just got an email from Abyss notifying us of a general price increase, at least for some dolls. Also their new company website looks great (not referring to RealdollVIP here).
Sandy isn’t tall (155 cm) but she has a big personality and towers over her 1/6 scale sisters. None of them will ever admit they are dolls.
For more photos of Sandy and her sisters check out their thread: "Sandy's Enchanting World" in the Eye Candy forum.<viewtopic.php?t=154188>

INFORMATIONS