sexyrealsexdolls.com

Weight Reduction Process - For TPE dolls

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Weight Reduction Process - For TPE dolls

Post by seagull »

Something similar to this will work if the pelvic cross tube is straight
Waist_Brace.JPG
Waist_Brace.JPG (19.74 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
If curved, will take a bit more work :whistle:

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowFun wrote:
muesky6969 wrote:There is another member on the forum that his doll's back was broken at where the spine is attached to the hips, and he used boat railing mounts.
Hmm... That's super interesting. I was trying to imagine something like that and totally hadn't thought of those brackets! I've seen a photo of a Piper broken back and from what I can tell, my Candi's broke the same way. Basically, the weld broke where it T's. I read about how someone welded in a bicycle fork also. Certainly, I don't need to be hasty with whatever I decide.

Sorry the foam didn't pan out. What if you pumped air in with an aquarium pump? I also wondered if it would compress over time with repeated pressure. That would suck.
Actually that is good news if Candi's back broke there because those marine rail brackets are pretty easy to come by and there is no welding involved.. It is a T bracket. The biggest issue is to saw off the rough edges, but that can be done with an angle grinder (Harbor Freight has these for $15 and sometimes they have them on sale for $10 and the blades you can get a 10 pack for $7.. You will need a drill with a stainless steel bit to drill the holes for the securing screws. Those are a bit pricey but still cheaper then replacing the doll..

So I did a bit of research and there is an epoxy foam but I need to contact the manufacturers to see if it will work for my needs. I will do that during my lunch tomorrow. It is kind of expensive for a basic set up so I want to talk to someone and see if it will work.. I am sure that is going to be one of those conversations the customer service person never imagine having. Definitely give them something to talk to their co-workers about. LOL!!

That is one good thing about being older, you don't have to give a crap about what people think about you..

Well after work tomorrow I am going to go ahead and cut open E'agle's other calf and hollow it out.. I may go ahead and work on his thighs. Then I will move up to his buttocks, when I get to his back if I haven't found an alternate solution then I am going to proceed with the foam rubber I have. I think I am going to buy a respirator because the fumes from cutting the foam is toxic, though..

I will do this folks, don't doubt it.. As my daughter often says, "Mom's determination is epic." This is just how I am made.. Plus I love my guys and want us to be together until I no longer am on this mortal coil and so that is going to take a bit of work on my part now..

Last thing, and this is kind of off topic but I have everything to make a lift, just need a couple of large bolts for pins for the bracer. Oh and I need to find the fourth set of wheels. They are somewhere in one of the storage building, just don't know exactly where.. *Sigh* I tried to design the lift to be able to break down for storage but that just isn't going happen. I guess if I decide to make them to sell I can, but for myself, I don't really have to worry about that. When I get it built I will post the design on my equipment thread. Fortunately I already have the 2x4s to make because lumber is crazy expensive right now.. Holy f#$k balls at Lowes the other day they are selling 2x4s for $7 a piece. 8O That is 2 1/2 times what I paid for them last year.. I won't even bother telling you how much plywood has gone up. Which sucks because I want to make boxes for all of my dolls just in case I have to pack them up. Since I only have two boxes for 4 dolls. I think I will put plexiglass in the front of the boxes so I can see their faces, as I have an abundance of plexiglass.
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Hey, thanks for all the Candi love! After doing some more research and poking around on Wheezer's thread, I probably will try fixing Candi's back before torso-ing her. I'm in no rush and I'll find a nice comfortable place for her until I'm ready.

I don't want to clog up your thread Muesky, so I'll continue any more musings about it on my own!

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowFun wrote:Hey, thanks for all the Candi love! After doing some more research and poking around on Wheezer's thread, I probably will try fixing Candi's back before torso-ing her. I'm in no rush and I'll find a nice comfortable place for her until I'm ready.

I don't want to clog up your thread Muesky, so I'll continue any more musings about it on my own!
I think you can probably get her fixed. There are plenty of people here who are willing to help, including myself. You are more then willing to post here or ask questions.. I don't mind. The main thing is having Candi in a place where she doesn't get any additional damage.

So I did some more research on the epoxy foam, I do not think that is a direction I want to go in for several reasons. First that crap is toxic, like hazmat toxic. The stuff that isn't is crazy expensive and you have to buy a rig to inject it, and that is really expensive. On top of everything the stuff doesn't have a long shelf life and once you open the container you have to use it all with in a short period of time. **Sigh** Well at least we know.. If anyone finds something that will work, please let me know. Might not do it with E'agle but maybe the others.

On a totally non doll related topic.. I am going to be a grandma!!! My peahen, Zanzibar is sitting on eggs.. This is her first nesting and I am so excited!! Peachicks are stinkin cute!!! Sorry I will probably post this information on other threads, cuz this is great news!!!
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!

Nalifi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nalifi »

Haha surprised to see that someone went through with this, even with a 140cm doll I almost hurt my back moving it once. It's a nice workout though, interested to see how this works out for you!

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Nalifi wrote:Haha surprised to see that someone went through with this, even with a 140cm doll I almost hurt my back moving it once. It's a nice workout though, interested to see how this works out for you!
Welcome!

Well it is still a work on progress.. Still working the bugs out and figuring out what works and doesn't. So far spray foam does not work. Foam rubber will work but it has to be carved and that crap is toxic when cut with a heated knife. Respirator has been ordered with filters. Once it gets here I will continue with the weight reduction.

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowFun wrote:Hey, thanks for all the Candi love! After doing some more research and poking around on Wheezer's thread, I probably will try fixing Candi's back before torso-ing her. I'm in no rush and I'll find a nice comfortable place for her until I'm ready.

Here is what I was thinking about for fixing Candi's back. Of course you would want the 90 degree unless you want to rename her Ilene.. :haha4: Sorry, I couldn't help it.. Here is the link to the website that sells these. I am half tempted to go ahead and but a couple just to have on hand in case of a back break like that.. https://www.go2marine.com/Sea-Dog-Hinge ... U6EALw_wcB

This is honestly does not look like a seriously hard break to fix. The biggest issue is cleaning up where the old break is and not getting metal shavings in the surrounding TPE..

That reminds me of a recommendation I have for whenever you buy a doll. Have the manufacturer send you detailed pictures of the dolls skeleton. I have files for all my dolls, and all but Cleo I have lots of skeleton pictures, so if I ever have to go in there and fix anything I know what to expect.

On a side note.. So I am really not happy with Qita dolls... Well let me restate that.. I don't like how the heads are made. There is no space for the eyes in the skull.. NONE!!! The eye sockets are so shallow even the tiny ugly eyes they sent makes E'agle look bug eyed. And I spent a lot of money for his custom moveable eyes. Having said that, I peeled off his face and drilled out eye sockets, yesterday. Yeah that is as fun as it sounds.. Not really... :| Today I had to go on a bit of a shopping trip to find something for the eye holes. Those being found I will epoxy the metal recess I found (lids to little jars that fit perfectly)Then I will have to rebuild the TPE in his eyes because it was so thin when the eyes were put in there it cut the tpe open.. :roll: I am also going to dremel out a space for his mouth so his teeth will fit since there isn't any place for them either. For the record this is the last doll I am buying that does not have a mouth orifice and probably the last Qita doll.. Just not thrilled with their over all design.
Attachments
spine to hip.JPG
spine to hip.JPG (36.12 KiB) Viewed 1008 times

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Well I need to apologize, as I have not gotten squat done the last week or so. I did end up buying a respirator for when I am cutting and sculpting the foam rubber as that stuff is toxic. It will be here tomorrow, but this week is going to be crazy with work... Anyway, I have decided to go with the foam rubber. It will work, it will not break a part. I have had a piece of TPE laying on some foam for several weeks now and no adverse reactions.

The plan is sculpt the muscles out of the foam rubber for the area I carve in the body. As I mentioned before I am still going to line the cavities with cotton batting then stuff any spaces between the batting and foam rubber with polyfil. Here is why I seriously recommend lining the cavities with cotton batting, I am leaving only about 1" thickness of TPE the batting will protect the area from punctures and possible tearing.. Also it will give more a realistic feeling to the body. Because honestly part of my issue with these dolls is that they just feel like really thick, semi-solid jello, when you move them. For me that cause a somewhat dysphoric feeling, where my brain goes, "this isn't real". And yes I know they are not 'real' per se but we are working towards them being as realistic as possible and still be able to move them around safely.

Later I will post pictures of what I ended up doing to poor E'agle's face.. I will have to re-sculpt his eyes because they are really small and I want him to be able to have his custom eyes (which are very cool). His jawline and cheek bones are going to be re-sculptured as well, so he looks more masculine (my preference). Kind of feel like I am rebuilding this doll from the ground up.. JS

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

How's everything going? I'm guessing you've been busy and your guys are being patient with you. That's one of the blessings of being with dolls. So much patience...

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Hey everyone!
(This is a cross post on all my threads)

For those of you who are following my threads I just wanted to let you know that I have finally got my introduction video and how to buy a doll video loaded onto Z-Dollman and my YouTube channel.. There will be more videos to come over a wide range of topics over the weeks and months to come.. If you have any request for future videos we would love to hear about what interests you. Of course there is no guarentees a specific video will be made, as we will both be making videos on what we are personally working on or interested in at the time.

We would love your support and feedback!!

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Hi everyone! Okay, I know I haven't posted anything in a while about the weight reduction project.. The last month has been hectic but I am now officially on my 7 week holiday.. Whoot! Whoot!

So thanks to Kaori Kusanagi I spoke to a gentleman at a company in Dallas that sell different weight and densities of flexible epoxy type expanding foam. I was up-front with the owner about what my project was and the nature of my dolls and he was super nice and helpful. So in the next week I am going to be heading down to Dallas (it is only 3 hours from me) and will get to examine and play with various different types of expanding foam.

Looking on the website I was a little concerned about the price, but when he told me that the level 5-8 type of foam sold in a gallon (which is 17.5 lbs) at around $130 would expand 253-385 cubic inches per pound, that is enough to do at least 2 of my dolls. So the cost isn't nearly as prohibitive as I thought it would be.. Yeah!!!

I am going to buy a few sample kits to bring home to practice and he said all orders over $100 have free shipping. So when I find what will work, I can order and it will ship overnight.. How cool is that??

Here is the website https://www.reynoldsam.com/product/flexfoam/ So this stuff is like the material they make stress balls out of.. This foam will expand even in enclosed space because it expands through chemical process rather then air like the spray foam I experimented. It stays flexible as well, which is a good and bad thing, as it isn't going to give the rigidity of a muscle structure. They also sell a harder expanding foam and I may end up buying a sample kit of that. When I asked him how hard the stuff got, he said when set this stuff has to be cut with a saw and it is strong enough to walk on.. My thought was put a layer of this in the chest cavity to simulate a rib cage. I would just have to figure out how to do that to make it feel like the bones. Still thinking that through. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If this doesn't work, then I guess I will be carving a lot of foam rubber. Good thing I bought a heavy duty respirator because that shit is toxic to cut and the only way to cat or carve it is with a hot knife.

So I will keep you all up-to-date on what I find. This is going to happen one way or another folks. Be it easy or hard, it is happening.. LOL!!

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Hey cool! You will be in my neck of the woods! One of these days we have to meet!
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

7 weeks! Nice! You should be able to have/do/getinto some serious fun/damage/trouble in that amount of time. Looking forward to your experiments!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Short of making an external mold for the chest and then carve though it to make "Ribs"
No idea of how to match the internal doll chest profile though :whistle:

bdizzle18

Post by bdizzle18 »

Very interested in your project as weight is an issue for me as well.. I'd love to buy a crazy tall doll however I'm likely going to be stuck buying a tiny short one unless this is a viable option... Best of luck and looking forward to more photos.

INFORMATIONS