sanhuiofficial.com

Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Post by Willendorph »

You definitely got the cool cover.... in the UK, we get this ....Steven Segal lookin' dude...
s-l500 (1).jpg
s-l500 (1).jpg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 546 times
8O - and Liriel looks like she's disappointed to be in the 80s...

What has been seen can never be unseen

8O

Also, those web braids in the other cover are cool. Would take about a hundred hours... maybe when Arachne arrives we could both make attempts together - then they could be hair-sisters and try to set a new trend 😂🧝🏿‍♀️

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:22 pm You definitely got the cool cover.... in the UK, we get this ....Steven Segal lookin' dude...

s-l500 (1).jpg

8O - and Liriel looks like she's disappointed to be in the 80s...

What has been seen can never be unseen

8O

Also, those web braids in the other cover are cool. Would take about a hundred hours... maybe when Arachne arrives we could both make attempts together - then they could be hair-sisters and try to set a new trend 😂🧝🏿‍♀️
Oh... Oh no. I am so sorry...

Okay, I literally went to get my copy because I wanted to know how old this book was. The original print was in 1995!

I totally understand your position on both the romance novel and the 80s vibe. That's not my least favorite drow art, but it it towards the bottom of the list...

I know nothing about braiding, let alone something like that. But... For the amusement? I'd give it a go. At least I ordered two wigs so went I get frustrated after I turn one into a massive knot I have the second one!
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:27 pm Oh... Oh no. I am so sorry...

Okay, I literally went to get my copy because I wanted to know how old this book was. The original print was in 1995!

I totally understand your position on both the romance novel and the 80s vibe. That's not my least favorite drow art, but it it towards the bottom of the list...

I know nothing about braiding, let alone something like that. But... For the amusement? I'd give it a go. At least I ordered two wigs so went I get frustrated after I turn one into a massive knot I have the second one!
I think mine is a 1995 copy, but obviously the dodgy art was created for the European Market or something- very odd....

Found this online last night though- with a wig, you'd have to adapt it to take hair from behind the fringe, but it does look doable ...

I'm not sure I'd try it until you get used to working with her hair though, as all those bands in a wig could really knot things up if you weren't careful!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:01 am I think mine is a 1995 copy, but obviously the dodgy art was created for the European Market or something- very odd....

Found this online last night though- with a wig, you'd have to adapt it to take hair from behind the fringe, but it does look doable ...

I'm not sure I'd try it until you get used to working with her hair though, as all those bands in a wig could really knot things up if you weren't careful!
That actually doesn't look that hard. I understand what you mean by fringe, but don't know how it would work with this wig yet. I saw some of those elastics in black yesterday so that could work. If you were really fancy you'd fit in some sort of spider hairpiece and make it appear more web-like instead of a net...

I don't know what you mean by band (google brought up grip bands, and I don't feel like that's what you meant in context) but don't worry, this is definitely not a day one project! I'll be using the standard wig brushed, perhaps a ponytail from the back of her head, to start. I would like to get one of the wigs styled to look like her bangs in the commission fairly quickly, though. I just hope they don't want her head brought in because that will probably nix that idea pretty quickly.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:24 am That actually doesn't look that hard. I understand what you mean by fringe, but don't know how it would work with this wig yet. I saw some of those elastics in black yesterday so that could work. If you were really fancy you'd fit in some sort of spider hairpiece and make it appear more web-like instead of a net...

I don't know what you mean by band (google brought up grip bands, and I don't feel like that's what you meant in context) but don't worry, this is definitely not a day one project! I'll be using the standard wig brushed, perhaps a ponytail from the back of her head, to start. I would like to get one of the wigs styled to look like her bangs in the commission fairly quickly, though. I just hope they don't want her head brought in because that will probably nix that idea pretty quickly.
Interestingly, I reached part of the book where Liriel was getting ready for a party (page 70 in the hard back Steven Segal wannabe cover edition) before entering Arach-Tinilith where they actually reference that very hairstyle from the art. If you were really smart, you could probably weave it in the shape of a web that would sprout a ponytail at the centre as the long bits converged... might have to work on that one...

Elastic bands - hair elastics, or whatever you might call them. Not exactly an exciting revelation there, but they tend to pull at synthetic wig hair and can make it pretty tangled pretty quick if you're not careful about getting every single strand through each loop.

Arachne's hair in the art looks to have sort of a V shape to it, but it's a straight cut - you could probably do it yourself with a sharp pair of scissors. Might be worth a shot if you feel confident enough and have a spare wig!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:36 pm Interestingly, I reached part of the book where Liriel was getting ready for a party (page 70 in the hard back Steven Segal wannabe cover edition) before entering Arach-Tinilith where they actually reference that very hairstyle from the art. Of you were really smart, you could probably weave it in the shape of a web that would sprout a ponytail at the centre as the long bits converged... might have to work on that one...

Elastic bands - hair elastics, or whatever you might call them. Not exactly an exciting revelation there, but they tend to pull at synthetic wig hair and can make it pretty tangled pretty quick if you're not careful about getting every single strand through each loop.

Arachne's hair in the art looks to have sort of a V shape to it, but it's a straight cut - you could probably do it yourself with a sharp pair of scissors. Might be worth a shot if you feel confident enough and have a spare wig!
Well, kudos to that artist for reading the book, or for someone giving him a good description of it for the commission instead of... Whatever happened in '95!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I bought some for the small dolls because their hair is short enough that it can be all over the place pretty easily without the weight to hold it down, and I like a simple ponytail. When I looked at the cover art it looks more like beads to me, but those wouldn't stay in place and threading the hair through would be a massive pain! Perhaps there's some sort of hair clip that would work? I can't help but find it funny that I've admired the care women can put into their appearance but never put any thought into what exactly it takes and the complexity that can be involved. Now, if I want Arachne to have some of these looks, I need to figure it out! Worth it, though. In an odd way I'm rather enjoying it all. I do have the patience to carefully put the elastics on, even if it took a whole afternoon. Best of all, if I got frustrated and gave up I can just swap wigs and go to another hairstyle until I finish up.

I'm not sure I have that kind of confidence. If it were real hair that would grow back I wouldn't hesitate, but if you screw this up... It's not even like a piece of wood where you can measure twice and cut once, or a piece of paper with a line. About the only way I think I'd try to tackle that would be if the hair salon refuses without her head present. Where I plan to try first is a place my mom took me as a kid. It's a hair styling college. They have all kinds of heads around there for practice. I figure it's right up their ally.

Just got a notification that the big clothing order is ready for in-store pickup! Probably won't get over there for a couple days, but plenty of time to wash it all. I already washed the dress that came in earlier. It's all coming together!

Follow us on Twitter!

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Willendorph wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:01 am
agent0013 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:27 pm Oh... Oh no. I am so sorry...

I think mine is a 1995 copy, but obviously the dodgy art was created for the European Market or something- very odd....

I´s looking for something like that, but didn´t came to it thus far. Thanks! :glou:

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:59 pm Well, kudos to that artist for reading the book, or for someone giving him a good description of it for the commission instead of... Whatever happened in '95!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I bought some for the small dolls because their hair is short enough that it can be all over the place pretty easily without the weight to hold it down, and I like a simple ponytail. When I looked at the cover art it looks more like beads to me, but those wouldn't stay in place and threading the hair through would be a massive pain! Perhaps there's some sort of hair clip that would work? I can't help but find it funny that I've admired the care women can put into their appearance but never put any thought into what exactly it takes and the complexity that can be involved. Now, if I want Arachne to have some of these looks, I need to figure it out! Worth it, though. In an odd way I'm rather enjoying it all. I do have the patience to carefully put the elastics on, even if it took a whole afternoon. Best of all, if I got frustrated and gave up I can just swap wigs and go to another hairstyle until I finish up.

I'm not sure I have that kind of confidence. If it were real hair that would grow back I wouldn't hesitate, but if you screw this up... It's not even like a piece of wood where you can measure twice and cut once, or a piece of paper with a line. About the only way I think I'd try to tackle that would be if the hair salon refuses without her head present. Where I plan to try first is a place my mom took me as a kid. It's a hair styling college. They have all kinds of heads around there for practice. I figure it's right up their ally.

Just got a notification that the big clothing order is ready for in-store pickup! Probably won't get over there for a couple days, but plenty of time to wash it all. I already washed the dress that came in earlier. It's all coming together!
In a slightly amusing coincidence, Nymeria's latest shipment of clothes just arrived from the Underdark- I can now relax slightly as she'll be placated by a few fresh offerings for at least a day or two! Once she's dressed, I might even get to take a few photos...

Maybe tell the hairdressing college it's for a friend's cosplay costume - she's dressing as a dark elf 😅 - it's true enough.

Just out of interest, some of Nymeria's delivery was underwear, and the 32D seems to be fitting pretty well.

The Web hairstyle is definitely one to try on a rainy day. It takes me long enough just to do basic braids. I do recommend braiding long wigs to protect the hair though with long hair.

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:30 am I´s looking for something like that, but didn´t came to it thus far. Thanks! :glou:
I'd never seen a hairstyle like it before I tried searching for it after seeing it on that book cover!

Personally, one of my favourite women's hairstyles is a French braid that goes up the back of the head, but it's not really doable with wigs!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:30 am I´s looking for something like that, but didn´t came to it thus far. Thanks! :glou:
If you do it, you'll have to let us know the results!

Follow us on Twitter!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:19 pm In a slightly amusing coincidence, Nymeria's latest shipment of clothes just arrived from the Underdark- I can now relax slightly as she'll be placated by a few fresh offerings for at least a day or two! Once she's dressed, I might even get to take a few photos...

Maybe tell the hairdressing college it's for a friend's cosplay costume - she's dressing as a dark elf 😅 - it's true enough.

Just out of interest, some of Nymeria's delivery was underwear, and the 32D seems to be fitting pretty well.

The Web hairstyle is definitely one to try on a rainy day. It takes me long enough just to do basic braids. I do recommend braiding long wigs to protect the hair though with long hair.
Oh, I always like the prospect of new Nymeria pictures!

I was going to order clothing from the Underdark, but the freight was too high :(

Honestly, I wasn't planning on telling them anything and if they asked I was going to simply say it was for a full sized mannequin. Not inaccurate, and a good reason why a head can't come with the wig. If it was for a person they might just tell me to have that person make an appointment. I think I'm just going to wait for Arachne to arrive and just take one of the wigs in and show them the reference photo and see what they say.

Pfft. The youtube video is only 8 minutes. Quick and easy! lol.

Are you suggesting the braid for storage, or for a daily style? I was planning to go with the hair in her commission but have the ponytail down at the base of her skull instead of up top.

Yesterday after my last post I had an idea. If I'm going to do complicated hair styles that could be rough on the synthetic hair (elastics), wouldn't it be nice if I never had to take it out? It's a wig. They just come off! So, I contacted Mike and asked him to add a couple more wigs to my order, so I'll have 4 white wigs. You've mentioned before that you were happy with the quality of the Sanhui wigs, and the price is right. Alternate styles can be quick and easy! Maybe I'll show the book cover to the hair dresser as well and see what they would charge to do that too. If you never have to take it out, perhaps paying a professional to do it right will be worth it, but I think I'll try it myself first.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:35 pm Oh, I always like the prospect of new Nymeria pictures!

I was going to order clothing from the Underdark, but the freight was too high :(

Honestly, I wasn't planning on telling them anything and if they asked I was going to simply say it was for a full sized mannequin. Not inaccurate, and a good reason why a head can't come with the wig. If it was for a person they might just tell me to have that person make an appointment. I think I'm just going to wait for Arachne to arrive and just take one of the wigs in and show them the reference photo and see what they say.

Pfft. The youtube video is only 8 minutes. Quick and easy! lol.

Are you suggesting the braid for storage, or for a daily style? I was planning to go with the hair in her commission but have the ponytail down at the base of her skull instead of up top.

Yesterday after my last post I had an idea. If I'm going to do complicated hair styles that could be rough on the synthetic hair (elastics), wouldn't it be nice if I never had to take it out? It's a wig. They just come off! So, I contacted Mike and asked him to add a couple more wigs to my order, so I'll have 4 white wigs. You've mentioned before that you were happy with the quality of the Sanhui wigs, and the price is right. Alternate styles can be quick and easy! Maybe I'll show the book cover to the hair dresser as well and see what they would charge to do that too. If you never have to take it out, perhaps paying a professional to do it right will be worth it, but I think I'll try it myself first.
Braid is best for storage or in bed where rubbing on pillows will quickly tangle a long wig - much more controllable and safe against tangling!

Even with separate wigs, you'll find that you need to redo hairstyles at some point - granted a wig change will make them last a lot longer. I have some wigs that came braided for instance, but after several wears, the braids listen and need redoing. You would probably need to put the wigs on a stand or something similar between uses to keep them in shape, and the hair in line.

4 wigs isn't a bad thing - I do like the sanhui one Nymeria has and would buy more in a heart beat! - I've found with good care, a wig can last pretty well, but replacements are always good to have, and if you want to style them and have them cut then it's all the better to have a bit of backup too!

I wonder how long you'll have left to wait for those factory photos now? Can't be long!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:04 am Braid is best for storage or in bed where rubbing on pillows will quickly tangle a long wig - much more controllable and safe against tangling!

Even with separate wigs, you'll find that you need to redo hairstyles at some point - granted a wig change will make them last a lot longer. I have some wigs that came braided for instance, but after several wears, the braids listen and need redoing. You would probably need to put the wigs on a stand or something similar between uses to keep them in shape, and the hair in line.

4 wigs isn't a bad thing - I do like the sanhui one Nymeria has and would buy more in a heart beat! - I've found with good care, a wig can last pretty well, but replacements are always good to have, and if you want to style them and have them cut then it's all the better to have a bit of backup too!

I wonder how long you'll have left to wait for those factory photos now? Can't be long!
Then the first wig will be braided. That'll be a Day 1 activity.

Oh, I had not considered wig storage... A quick search shows that stands will be easy to source, and there's even some designed to hang in a closet! That might work well to keep them out of sight. That'll be something to figure out after work.

I wonder too! lol. Mike said a week last week. The latest in his day that I've gotten an email from him is less than an hour from now so I'd say the odds are slim for 'today' (timezones make that strange to say. I just got up for Thursday morning, but it's already getting late Thursday night in China). The next 24 hours will be tense as that week comes to an end. But, I'd happily wait another week for them to do it right as opposed to them rushing to meet any deadline. I get the feeling that they care about the quality of their work which makes Sanhui a good company for me to be dealing with.

My plans changed this week and I ended up picking up her clothes order last night. Everything is so unbelievably small! According to the 161 measurements on the site everything should fit or even be too big, but this clothing is so small! I can't get over how small! Either she's far smaller than I imagined or I'm going to be very disappointed when a bunch of this stuff doesn't fit. lol. It's all X-small. But, it was fun to unpack it and look at it. So long as it fits I think I made some good choices. I've got it all in delicates bags to wash it with my next load.

You remember that 'chainmail' shirt I showed you? There's these weird loops of clear plastic, a similar material that might be used for a clear bra strap, hanging off the shoulders inside. I can't fathom what they're for. The only thing that makes sense is to put her arms through them, but I can't understand what the point of that would be. It's a long sleeved shirt. In my experience they don't need any assistance to stay on! That shirt also has little shoulderpads in it so she'll look a little bigger and more threatening in her 'armor'.

Follow us on Twitter!

Nymeria
Doll
Doll

Post by Nymeria »

agent0013 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:35 am this clothing is so small! I can't get over how small! Either she's far smaller than I imagined ...
Photo_1677774914655.jpg
Photo_1677774914655.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 354 times

Small!!! SMALL!!!!!!

Small is a word best used when describing the Rivil capacity for intelligent thought!!

A drow maiden is better described as "exquisite", "slender" "sensuous"... "naughty"...

....."spankable...."

... BUT NEVER SMALL!!

You would do well to learn this now, least your matron take to making certain parts of your anatomy....

SMALL!!!

HAhahahahaaarrrr

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:35 am Then the first wig will be braided. That'll be a Day 1 activity.

Oh, I had not considered wig storage... A quick search shows that stands will be easy to source, and there's even some designed to hang in a closet! That might work well to keep them out of sight. That'll be something to figure out after work.

I wonder too! lol. Mike said a week last week. The latest in his day that I've gotten an email from him is less than an hour from now so I'd say the odds are slim for 'today' (timezones make that strange to say. I just got up for Thursday morning, but it's already getting late Thursday night in China). The next 24 hours will be tense as that week comes to an end. But, I'd happily wait another week for them to do it right as opposed to them rushing to meet any deadline. I get the feeling that they care about the quality of their work which makes Sanhui a good company for me to be dealing with.

My plans changed this week and I ended up picking up her clothes order last night. Everything is so unbelievably small! According to the 161 measurements on the site everything should fit or even be too big, but this clothing is so small! I can't get over how small! Either she's far smaller than I imagined or I'm going to be very disappointed when a bunch of this stuff doesn't fit. lol. It's all X-small. But, it was fun to unpack it and look at it. So long as it fits I think I made some good choices. I've got it all in delicates bags to wash it with my next load.

You remember that 'chainmail' shirt I showed you? There's these weird loops of clear plastic, a similar material that might be used for a clear bra strap, hanging off the shoulders inside. I can't fathom what they're for. The only thing that makes sense is to put her arms through them, but I can't understand what the point of that would be. It's a long sleeved shirt. In my experience they don't need any assistance to stay on! That shirt also has little shoulderpads in it so she'll look a little bigger and more threatening in her 'armor'.
Bigger and more threatening? For some reason the little shoulder pads to make her look bigger sounds absolutely adorable! 😂

No idea what those plastic straps in there are meant to do. You could always cut them out, but try it on her first to see if there's a hidden reason the straps exist!

You can never tell with clothes how they'll fit until you put them on her! Even knowing their sizes, it's always a bit of a gamble as things vary from brand to brand a lot too. Generally, if something is stretchy that always helps in both fit and dressing.

Don't be too disappointed if photos are still a few days or a week off - it depends how quick things are going in the factory, and my experience has been that it's normally slightly longer than estimated! After that it'll be a day or two to get her packed and shipped. Then you're really at the hands of fate! I have no idea what hours Mike works in the underdark anyway - as far as I can tell, he normally answers whether it's day or night - must be the excitement of adventure that keeps him going?

INFORMATIONS