sanhuiofficial.com

Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:04 pm Of course I'm thinking too much about the clothes. I overthink everything!

Yes, I have considered stretchy fabrics. Plenty of leeway, and who doesn't like a nice form-fitting outfit? So long as you don't go too tight and it becomes nearly impossible to put on/off! I had considered tying things but only in the sense of swimwear which is something she'll probably get at some point, but it isn't a priority. I suppose there are dresses or tops that tie at the back too.

Really? Only the armor was done by you? I would have guessed the pirate outfit was you as well, at the very least!

The socks... I think it's a combination of the contrast and the very revealing look while still hiding just enough to leave something to the imagination. The photo I mentioned in particular there are a lot of little details that I picked up on. The rope headband looks nice and holds her hair in a way that nicely frames her face and the angle lets us see her ears poking out. The top has her breasts held nicely, and we get to enjoy a little bit of nipple poke. A combination of the lighting and the angle make her stomach and hips look just amazing. The bottom sock is set just right that we get those subtle little gaps between the cloth and skin on each side. Then we get to enjoy a little thigh. The only thing I'd change about that image would be to slide the view over and down a little to put her head more in the corner of shot so we could see a little more leg. It's a nice pose shot at a nice angle with good contrast. Maybe I do just need some strips of fabric! I have some old bed sheets I could cut up... lol. But in all seriousness maybe that is something I should consider as a cheap outfit. I'm planning to go to a fabric store next week. A yard of something nice wouldn't cost much and I could literally tie it like you did, or use some safety pins. If I wanted to shoot her from the back in this I could literally spin it around to put the pins out of shot. The more I think about it, the better an idea it sounds. Complexity can be great, but sometimes simplicity is just fine.

Yeah, I think we understand each other pretty well. :)

Oh, she'll definitely end up with some nice dresses! I like me some legs so I'll be keeping them exposed or with something tight on them as much as I can. I really like a form-fitting little black dress. Maybe that's where I should start... I've also thought about using GTA Online as a dressing room to play around with ideas. They've got a pretty wide variety of clothing options that could be used for inspiration.

I did do a little thinking about clothing last night and contemplated going to some thrift stores, mainly for shoes (I had to check again, but her foot size is listed online). I like a nice boot but wondered how easy it would be to get them on. How well does her ankle move? A human would point their toe and slide their foot in. Have you, or do you think you could slide Nymeria's foot into a knee high boot?
Nymeria's pirate outfits does include some things I've made, but it's mostly just bits of her armour worn separately- the gorget and shoulders are one piece and the faulds (plates at her waist) are both bits from her armour suit. The only proper addition was the flintlock which was just a repainted toy. Most of the outfit is off the shelf though - frilly blouse, stockings, hat, leather skirt and corset are all things I bought for her with no modifications whatsoever. I can't remember what else she had on, but if there were boots, I didn't change those!

Nymeria is wearing knee high boots in her full armour suit. The ankles can be moved, but are quite stiff so you can stand them. Generally, you don't need to point the toes much to get boots on as most women's boots will have a zip all the way down the back so you can just put the feet in there. Heels are very difficult to stand a doll in though and I wouldn't recommend it with studs. It's easier with the harder silicone standing feet I have on Shiori, but I'm not sure how Sanhui's harder feet will be as I haven't had that option. For dolls, the boots don't have to fit super well to the size of her feet. A bit of room can be good. You can always put extra socks in there (in fact I'd recommend it - plenty of padding protects the feet!)

A search for gothic dress or some such on eBay generally reveals a lot of cheap options that are suitable! Worth washing stuff once or twice to get rid of loose dye in the fabrics- although like I said before Nymeria has never had a stain from anything.

Safety pins can work quite well, I've used them in the past, although haven't really needed them for anything Nymeria has worn. She's quite easy to find clothes to fit in terms of having measurements that a human person (albeit in incredibly good shape!) could have.
If something is stretchy enough, tightness doesn't matter too much as you can work it on one side at a time - like stretch the front up, stretch the back up...repeat until desired effect is achieved! Harder with things like leggings though.

Some suitable items - UK eBay, but I'm sure you can find similar...
Screenshot_20230210-101237_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230210-101237_eBay.jpg (123.99 KiB) Viewed 751 times

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:10 am Nymeria's pirate outfits does include some things I've made, but it's mostly just bits of her armour worn separately- the gorget and shoulders are one piece and the faulds (plates at her waist) are both bits from her armour suit. The only proper addition was the flintlock which was just a repainted toy. Most of the outfit is off the shelf though - frilly blouse, stockings, hat, leather skirt and corset are all things I bought for her with no modifications whatsoever. I can't remember what else she had on, but if there were boots, I didn't change those!

Nymeria is wearing knee high boots in her full armour suit. The ankles can be moved, but are quite stiff so you can stand them. Generally, you don't need to point the toes much to get boots on as most women's boots will have a zip all the way down the back so you can just put the feet in there. Heels are very difficult to stand a doll in though and I wouldn't recommend it with studs. It's easier with the harder silicone standing feet I have on Shiori, but I'm not sure how Sanhui's harder feet will be as I haven't had that option. For dolls, the boots don't have to fit super well to the size of her feet. A bit of room can be good. You can always put extra socks in there (in fact I'd recommend it - plenty of padding protects the feet!)

A search for gothic dress or some such on eBay generally reveals a lot of cheap options that are suitable! Worth washing stuff once or twice to get rid of loose dye in the fabrics- although like I said before Nymeria has never had a stain from anything.

Safety pins can work quite well, I've used them in the past, although haven't really needed them for anything Nymeria has worn. She's quite easy to find clothes to fit in terms of having measurements that a human person (albeit in incredibly good shape!) could have.
If something is stretchy enough, tightness doesn't matter too much as you can work it on one side at a time - like stretch the front up, stretch the back up...repeat until desired effect is achieved! Harder with things like leggings though.

Some suitable items - UK eBay, but I'm sure you can find similar...

Screenshot_20230210-101237_eBay.jpg
That gives me some hope! It'll just be a matter of finding the right pieces to piece together this puzzle. Honestly, I'm going to enjoy searching for clothing. I used to multibox WoW and had over 100 characters at max level when I quit. Each and every one of them had a Transmog. My GTA character has every piece of clothing available to her and all 20 custom outfit slots saved. I don't know why I enjoy dressing up women so much when I could not care less about my own fashion, but this will be a fun part of having Arachne for me.

I kinda planned to avoid heels due to balance issues. I love the look of heels but I'd only likely be able to pose her sitting or laying in them. Not to say I'll never buy some, but they won't be a first purchase because of that. I did realize that bigger would be fine for most footwear. It'll be nice to be able to purchase that without having to think about comfort at all, just looks! I'll definitely be picking up some cheap socks and stockings before she arrives as per your advise.

Tightness doesn't matter because she doesn't have to be able to breathe in it. lol.

Okay... I may have just found the first item I want to purchase for her... Click the link for the hooded cloak cape at the bottom of your screenshot. The sizing says it will be a little big for her, but the ties at the front could probably be cinched tighter... It says delivery would be between April 12th and May 31st, so it wouldn't be her first outfit! I kinda decided over the last few days that I wouldn't buy any clothes before I knew Arachne was in production and I'd gotten the skin color sample, but... She'd look so good in one of those! It's only $5USD...

Oh look, the entrance to a rabbit hole... lol.
I can't believe I glazed over the spider web tights that you probably purposefully put in that screenshot. lol. Thanks for posting that!
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:41 am That gives me some hope! It'll just be a matter of finding the right pieces to piece together this puzzle. Honestly, I'm going to enjoy searching for clothing. I used to multibox WoW and had over 100 characters at max level when I quit. Each and every one of them had a Transmog. My GTA character has every piece of clothing available to her and all 20 custom outfit slots saved. I don't know why I enjoy dressing up women so much when I could not care less about my own fashion, but this will be a fun part of having Arachne for me.

I kinda planned to avoid heels due to balance issues. I love the look of heels but I'd only likely be able to pose her sitting or laying in them. Not to say I'll never buy some, but they won't be a first purchase because of that. I did realize that bigger would be fine for most footwear. It'll be nice to be able to purchase that without having to think about comfort at all, just looks! I'll definitely be picking up some cheap socks and stockings before she arrives as per your advise.

Tightness doesn't matter because she doesn't have to be able to breathe in it. lol.

Okay... I may have just found the first item I want to purchase for her... Click the link for the hooded cloak cape at the bottom of your screenshot. The sizing says it will be a little big for her, but the ties at the front could probably be cinched tighter... It says delivery would be between April 12th and May 31st, so it wouldn't be her first outfit! I kinda decided over the last few days that I wouldn't buy any clothes before I knew Arachne was in production and I'd gotten the skin color sample, but... She'd look so good in one of those! It's only $5USD...

Oh look, the entrance to a rabbit hole... lol.
I can't believe I glazed over the spider web tights that you probably purposefully put in that screenshot. lol. Thanks for posting that!
Everything in the screenshot is purposeful....because it's a screenshot of Nymeria's shopping list on eBay🤣. I just put things in there in the watch list that look suitable when I see them. No plans to buy any of those bits currently, but any would be good items for a first outfit!

Sounds like you might become obsessed with dressing her up soon - I normally plan to have one proper outfit and maybe some lingere ready for arrival day. Nothing more until I know she is here safely, as I wouldn't want to go spending tons only to have something go wrong in shipping😬

$5! Does that include the shipping! Very cheap... I wonder what it'll be like! That said, one advantage of dolls is that you don't necessarily need high quality clothes and they won't easily wear them out, and if they're a bit see-through that might be an advantage....

One of the facts of life is that women's clothes are universally better than men's. I mean, there's just a lot more choice. Men's coats? I hope you like black or grey, maybe beige or navy if you're lucky... women - literally 3000 colours patterns and shapes. And... don't even get me started on the freakin' underwear ....🤣.... like, can't a buff dude get a little lace trim on there or some shit! 😂

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:58 am Everything in the screenshot is purposeful....because it's a screenshot of Nymeria's shopping list on eBay🤣. I just put things in there in the watch list that look suitable when I see them. No plans to buy any of those bits currently, but any would be good items for a first outfit!

Sounds like you might become obsessed with dressing her up soon - I normally plan to have one proper outfit and maybe some lingere ready for arrival day. Nothing more until I know she is here safely, as I wouldn't want to go spending tons only to have something go wrong in shipping😬

$5! Does that include the shipping! Very cheap... I wonder what it'll be like! That said, one advantage of dolls is that you don't necessarily need high quality clothes and they won't easily wear them out, and if they're a bit see-through that might be an advantage....

One of the facts of life is that women's clothes are universally better than men's. I mean, there's just a lot more choice. Men's coats? I hope you like black or grey, maybe beige or navy if you're lucky... women - literally 3000 colours patterns and shapes. And... don't even get me started on the freakin' underwear ....🤣.... like, can't a buff dude get a little lace trim on there or some shit! 😂
Lol. Further proof that we get each other!

I am a little concerned that I'll become obsessed with dressing her. Luckily the closet in the master suite is quite large, and as part of my cleaning I'll be going through my own clothing and downsizing it. At least half of my wardrobe hasn't been worn in at least two years. But, if I am able to get stuff cheap off ebay and others it shouldn't be a huge financial burden. You're right that restraint until I have her is a good idea and I do plan on trying to do that.

No, shipping wouldn't be in that or at least I highly doubt it. I looked at it quickly before work, but that tab is still open for when I get home. I'm probably going to order one because even if it's $20 with shipping that isn't bad. And look at it! I love a good hood and that is a great hood. The hard part will be deciding the color. Either the red, black, or purple would look great. Given the time it's going to take to get here I'll probably forget about it by the time it arrives so that will be a nice surprise for me this summer. lol.

But as a fashion-ignorant male I don't care. I wear black golf shirts 95% of the time - Because they're comfy, not because I golf. I went into a store and found pants that fit, then bought them out of that size. They're all the same. I buy socks in bulk, all black so they always match. I do enjoy dressing up from time to time in my suit, but I'm glad I don't have to deal with that every day. I am probably going to enjoy the selection when looking for Arachne, but too much choice can be a bad thing when it comes to deciding! But, I was on a site earlier this week (unfortunately I don't remember where. I've been all sorts of places I wouldn't normally go for doll related things) and the ads displayed was essentially male lingerie, so yes it definitely exists! :D

Follow us on Twitter!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

The bounty has been finalized (Color has been approved and the order sheet verified). Quoted 3-4 weeks to locate and capture the drow in question (production), plus transit after acquisition (shipping).

*Fidgets impatiently*

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:26 pm The bounty has been finalized (Color has been approved and the order sheet verified). Quoted 3-4 weeks to locate and capture the drow in question (production), plus transit after acquisition (shipping).

*Fidgets impatiently*
The famous drow-hunter Mike returns to the underdark once more! Let us pray for his safety and success!

I like this part of the wait - the building excitement every day - especially after about 2 weeks. Then at about 3 weeks, you won't be able to resist sending a message to Mike to see how he's doing , and before you know it the 1st pictures will appear! :glou:

Just enjoy sitting back and having something so unique to look forward to! Also, you can spend some time looking for more clothes for her!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:08 am The famous drow-hunter Mike returns to the underdark once more! Let us pray for his safety and success!

I like this part of the wait - the building excitement every day - especially after about 2 weeks. Then at about 3 weeks, you won't be able to resist sending a message to Mike to see how he's doing , and before you know it the 1st pictures will appear! :glou:

Just enjoy sitting back and having something so unique to look forward to! Also, you can spend some time looking for more clothes for her!
May his Stealth rolls be high, and his sedatives require a high Fortitude save! I'd recommend knocking her down with some sort of mind-affecting spell. She's got a weak Will save.

The excitement has been building for awhile now! Check my join date to the site, then maybe a couple days after that. lol. We'll see if I make it three weeks before bothering Mike!

Sitting back!? No time for that. I still have so much cleaning to do! And all this has resulted in not just dusting and vacuuming, but deep cleaning. Like, I completely emptied out a storage room, went through everything, and am still in the process of getting it all back in levels of cleaning. But, if I keep to completing about one room a weekend then I should be done before she arrives and still have time to do a good dust and vacuum of the rest of the house. It'll be perfect for the arrival of the new head of my household!

I have done more looking at clothing and still need to do more. I've currently got about a dozen tabs open for neckwear. I want a holy symbol of Lolth, but there seems to be a hole in the market. Something with a spider will do for now but there's so many options! Nice necklaces, a couple of cute chokers... We'll see. I've decided I'm going to get her a little black dress for her first outfit but haven't looked at that yet. She'll need underwear, maybe some tights or stockings. Gonna try some thrift stores for some nice shoes or boots (and maybe browse their clothing as well). Oh, and some sunglasses! Maybe a hat with a good brim on it to help fight off the sun... I am going to try very hard to keep it to one outfit until she arrives but that will be difficult! I did order that hooded dress I was fawning over before. It's shipped, but I have to assume that it is coming via boat since the arrival time is still saying the end of March through May for the delivery date. I am also very tempted to get her some sort of weapon prop. I'd love to do some sort of garter belt sheath like her art, but that doesn't appear to be something you can just get off the shelf!

Then there's a shopping list of stuff made up from your helpful posts here that I must also acquire!

It's going to be an agonizing few weeks, but I have enough going on with the prep that I feel they will fly by fairly quickly, never mind the other things going on in my life!

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:50 pm
May his Stealth rolls be high, and his sedatives require a high Fortitude save! I'd recommend knocking her down with some sort of mind-affecting spell. She's got a weak Will save.

The excitement has been building for awhile now! Check my join date to the site, then maybe a couple days after that. lol. We'll see if I make it three weeks before bothering Mike!

Sitting back!? No time for that. I still have so much cleaning to do! And all this has resulted in not just dusting and vacuuming, but deep cleaning. Like, I completely emptied out a storage room, went through everything, and am still in the process of getting it all back in levels of cleaning. But, if I keep to completing about one room a weekend then I should be done before she arrives and still have time to do a good dust and vacuum of the rest of the house. It'll be perfect for the arrival of the new head of my household!

I have done more looking at clothing and still need to do more. I've currently got about a dozen tabs open for neckwear. I want a holy symbol of Lolth, but there seems to be a hole in the market. Something with a spider will do for now but there's so many options! Nice necklaces, a couple of cute chokers... We'll see. I've decided I'm going to get her a little black dress for her first outfit but haven't looked at that yet. She'll need underwear, maybe some tights or stockings. Gonna try some thrift stores for some nice shoes or boots (and maybe browse their clothing as well). Oh, and some sunglasses! Maybe a hat with a good brim on it to help fight off the sun... I am going to try very hard to keep it to one outfit until she arrives but that will be difficult! I did order that hooded dress I was fawning over before. It's shipped, but I have to assume that it is coming via boat since the arrival time is still saying the end of March through May for the delivery date. I am also very tempted to get her some sort of weapon prop. I'd love to do some sort of garter belt sheath like her art, but that doesn't appear to be something you can just get off the shelf!

Then there's a shopping list of stuff made up from your helpful posts here that I must also acquire!

It's going to be an agonizing few weeks, but I have enough going on with the prep that I feel they will fly by fairly quickly, never mind the other things going on in my life!
The impending fear of death at the hands of your soon to be overlord is a strong motivator to clean up your place! From the sound of things it'll be a much nicer place to live for you too - it's definitely a strange result of waiting on a doll to arrive!

The clothing thing is a bit of an ongoing quest. I tend to keep notes with outfit and accessory ideas that I can go back to and work on as I go.... still need to get Nymeria a hand crossbow at some point!

Costume weapons can be quite affordable, but tend to look pretty lame unless you do a bit of repainting. Nymeria's sword is a foam LARP weapon that I have added details to and a few bits using acrylic paint. I rebound the handle with regular string and weathered it with a bit of brown paint.

Stuff from China often arrives faster than you expect - maybe a month, but it might well be with you before she arrives!

Definitely not enough symbols of Lolth and drow artefacts on the market... it's like people don't think they're real - haven't they seen the photo evidence I've been gathering!

Nymeria
Doll
Doll

Post by Nymeria »

"When the jaluk is away, Nymeria will play...."

"Today's amusement.....?"

"Something rather devious....."

"You see abbil, personally I find great entertainment in rifling through his possessions looking for anything interesting...."

"You won't believe what these rivvil keep under their mattresses...."

"Any drow knows your sleeping place should contain dozens of hidden weapons...traps... poison...."

"....."

"But instead we have this .....travesty...."

"The Drow of the Underdark..."

"Jaluk.... how could you..."

"Just look at the portrait on the front cover - only a human male could get our noble coloration so wrong... to say nothing of that hairstyle....."

*shakes head disparagingly*

"Well... let's see if the contents are any better..."

"Hmmmm, well at least they have a section on the spider queen....."

"Lolth .... minor goddess"

"MINOR GODDESS!!!!"

"Oh really..."

*flips back the the front cover*

"Mr.... Ed Greenwood!'

- "a name I will note for later vengeance...."

"What other rubbish is in here....."

"Drow Craftwork"

.... "here we are....."

"Drow craftwork is not what it could be...."

and certainly pales before the work of the dwarves'

"DWARVES! THOSE HIDEOUS BEARDED TROLLS!!!'

"Humpff...."

*slamm*

"This wael has clearly never even been to the underdark!"

*sound of approaching footsteps*

"Nymeria, I'm home!"

*creaking door opening*

"What are you doing sitting in here with the light on?"

"Jaluk, how could you!"

"This book.... "

Ahhh, where did you find that!?!

"The things it says.... the inaccuracies...."

"It makes it sound like I come from a less than transcendent race...."

"the very notion that we could be bettered in anything....."

"And what it says about Lolth - Filthy surface elf propaganda!"

What? honestly I don't know what you mean....

As a human male, surely you know I can't read without you there to help me....

Honestly, I just like the pictures .....

.... because

.... they remind me of you....

"Really jaluk?"....

"I suppose I could give you some leeway....THIS TIME..."

"JUST ....one condition..."

"You must promise me that you are not touching yourself when you look at this..."

"Material...."

Something tells me...

starless.jpg
starless.jpg (28.18 KiB) Viewed 572 times
I'll be able to manage that.....

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:58 pm The impending fear of death at the hands of your soon to be overlord is a strong motivator to clean up your place! From the sound of things it'll be a much nicer place to live for you too - it's definitely a strange result of waiting on a doll to arrive!

The clothing thing is a bit of an ongoing quest. I tend to keep notes with outfit and accessory ideas that I can go back to and work on as I go.... still need to get Nymeria a hand crossbow at some point!

Costume weapons can be quite affordable, but tend to look pretty lame unless you do a bit of repainting. Nymeria's sword is a foam LARP weapon that I have added details to and a few bits using acrylic paint. I rebound the handle with regular string and weathered it with a bit of brown paint.

Stuff from China often arrives faster than you expect - maybe a month, but it might well be with you before she arrives!

Definitely not enough symbols of Lolth and drow artefacts on the market... it's like people don't think they're real - haven't they seen the photo evidence I've been gathering!
I'm already slaving for her and she's not even here to threaten me yet! lol.

Clothing and accessories will definitely be ongoing. I've already got a folder of bookmarks going and I'm sure it will become quite large! And, women's fashion changes so quickly that there will always be new stuff to see. I like the hand crossbow idea! It's not one of Arachne's preferred weapons, but it's pretty iconic to the drow.

I actually came up with an idea for a possible weapon source that should be cheap: Liquidation centers. I remember as a teenager there was one in town that had an entire wall covered with decorative weapons. I'm sure they'll be cheap in every sense of the word, but one of those ways is good! I'm going to check one out probably next week and see what I find.

I am hopeful it will arrive quickly, but I plan to have a full outfit that will be here before her ready and waiting. Honestly, I should probably prioritize that so there is time for shipping if necessary.

Well, you said it yourself! Authentic drow gear doesn't survive in sunlight! It all vanishes before it can be put on sale! lol. I have thought about custom jewelry but I can imagine that will be pretty expensive. We'll definitely wait for her arrival before even considering spending that kind of money!

Speaking of clothes, is it a problem to leave a doll in a tight outfit? Will it mark their skin? For clarity, I'm not talking about staining, but leaving impressions in their skin.

Nymeria! You look absolutely stunning in that dress!

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:08 pm I'm already slaving for her and she's not even here to threaten me yet! lol.

Clothing and accessories will definitely be ongoing. I've already got a folder of bookmarks going and I'm sure it will become quite large! And, women's fashion changes so quickly that there will always be new stuff to see. I like the hand crossbow idea! It's not one of Arachne's preferred weapons, but it's pretty iconic to the drow.

I actually came up with an idea for a possible weapon source that should be cheap: Liquidation centers. I remember as a teenager there was one in town that had an entire wall covered with decorative weapons. I'm sure they'll be cheap in every sense of the word, but one of those ways is good! I'm going to check one out probably next week and see what I find.

I am hopeful it will arrive quickly, but I plan to have a full outfit that will be here before her ready and waiting. Honestly, I should probably prioritize that so there is time for shipping if necessary.

Well, you said it yourself! Authentic drow gear doesn't survive in sunlight! It all vanishes before it can be put on sale! lol. I have thought about custom jewelry but I can imagine that will be pretty expensive. We'll definitely wait for her arrival before even considering spending that kind of money!

Speaking of clothes, is it a problem to leave a doll in a tight outfit? Will it mark their skin? For clarity, I'm not talking about staining, but leaving impressions in their skin.

Nymeria! You look absolutely stunning in that dress!
The liquidation Centre sounds like an interesting idea - there's nothing like that around here. You only need to find something that'll look good I photos, so cheap is OK. Just remember it needs to be fairly light too so she will be able to hold it! You might even find some other stuff there - it's always nice to have some props for photos- magic looking things, like a crystal or orb could inspire a whole shoot!

It's easy to come up with plenty of things to buy once you get to seriously have a good look through everything. Tight things are generally OK and shouldn't mark - they can even be quite protective (pantyhose, stretchy tops etc) - the only thing that causes problems is tight bands- like the top of a stocking which can leave a slight indent if they're on for a while. The tighter it is, the worse it'll be, but with silicone the indents tend to disappear naturally after a while.

Gotta try to stick with lited purchases until she arrives - that said, a few small cheap things won't do too much damage to your wallet.

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:04 am The liquidation Centre sounds like an interesting idea - there's nothing like that around here. You only need to find something that'll look good I photos, so cheap is OK. Just remember it needs to be fairly light too so she will be able to hold it! You might even find some other stuff there - it's always nice to have some props for photos- magic looking things, like a crystal or orb could inspire a whole shoot!

It's easy to come up with plenty of things to buy once you get to seriously have a good look through everything. Tight things are generally OK and shouldn't mark - they can even be quite protective (pantyhose, stretchy tops etc) - the only thing that causes problems is tight bands- like the top of a stocking which can leave a slight indent if they're on for a while. The tighter it is, the worse it'll be, but with silicone the indents tend to disappear naturally after a while.

Gotta try to stick with lited purchases until she arrives - that said, a few small cheap things won't do too much damage to your wallet.
I hope to start her off with a dagger because that should be light enough. Once I have her and get an idea of her grip capabilities I'll look at a sword. Crystals were actually the last reason I was in the place that had the wall of weapons! I was buying some colored LED bases to light up some crystals including a quartz sphere, and I came across all of this stuff during my cleaning! It's all stored back away, but it's fresh in my mind and I know exactly where it is. If nothing else, I could see the sphere making its way into a shoot at some point. It's about the size of a pool ball, perhaps a little smaller.

So... I did some looking at clothing. And I may have spent some money... Because there are a lot of things! And nice things! And when they're on clearance sale they can be really cheap... I may have spent over $200 on clothing and accessories already... :oops: My favorite is probably this. It gives me a kinda chainmail vibe without the expense of real chainmail, or the labour of making it myself! So, I'll have a few tops and bottoms for her on arrival, as well as some spider accessories including a spider choker. I am a little concerned with size since her measurements are a little smaller than the X-small on that site. At least it's a case of 'she will definitely fit, but how loose will it be?' at the worst. I tried to keep with things that looked to be stretchy for the most part or adjustable with the hopes it will stretch down to her, or be able to be made tight enough. I'm not going to look at any more tops or bottoms until she arrives.

However, there are still a few things I need to get to complete an outfit such as bras, panties, and socks. Two of those will be easy, but the bras... Those scare me. I did some looking into sizing, and some sites came up with no results based on her measurements while others came back with 28F (US), 65C (Europe), or 28E (UK). I thought I might cheap out and just grab something from Walmart for these, but they don't seem to have anything of this size! I am getting the impression that her breasts are abnormally large for the size of her torso, although I've never thought she was disproportionate in photos. Googling the size I get options, but they are anything but cheap, ranging from $50-100! That seems a little insane considering the most expensive shirt I bought (linked earlier) was only $16! If you think you can get away with it without her maiming you, do you think you could ask Nymeria what size she wears? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If I'm right, then I'll keep searching for a cheaper option.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:51 am I hope to start her off with a dagger because that should be light enough. Once I have her and get an idea of her grip capabilities I'll look at a sword. Crystals were actually the last reason I was in the place that had the wall of weapons! I was buying some colored LED bases to light up some crystals including a quartz sphere, and I came across all of this stuff during my cleaning! It's all stored back away, but it's fresh in my mind and I know exactly where it is. If nothing else, I could see the sphere making its way into a shoot at some point. It's about the size of a pool ball, perhaps a little smaller.

So... I did some looking at clothing. And I may have spent some money... Because there are a lot of things! And nice things! And when they're on clearance sale they can be really cheap... I may have spent over $200 on clothing and accessories already... :oops: My favorite is probably this. It gives me a kinda chainmail vibe without the expense of real chainmail, or the labour of making it myself! So, I'll have a few tops and bottoms for her on arrival, as well as some spider accessories including a spider choker. I am a little concerned with size since her measurements are a little smaller than the X-small on that site. At least it's a case of 'she will definitely fit, but how loose will it be?' at the worst. I tried to keep with things that looked to be stretchy for the most part or adjustable with the hopes it will stretch down to her, or be able to be made tight enough. I'm not going to look at any more tops or bottoms until she arrives.

However, there are still a few things I need to get to complete an outfit such as bras, panties, and socks. Two of those will be easy, but the bras... Those scare me. I did some looking into sizing, and some sites came up with no results based on her measurements while others came back with 28F (US), 65C (Europe), or 28E (UK). I thought I might cheap out and just grab something from Walmart for these, but they don't seem to have anything of this size! I am getting the impression that her breasts are abnormally large for the size of her torso, although I've never thought she was disproportionate in photos. Googling the size I get options, but they are anything but cheap, ranging from $50-100! That seems a little insane considering the most expensive shirt I bought (linked earlier) was only $16! If you think you can get away with it without her maiming you, do you think you could ask Nymeria what size she wears? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If I'm right, then I'll keep searching for a cheaper option.
Sorry it's been a few days - busy working week this week, and I haven't had much time to do ... Well anything really...

Nymeria doesn't have tons of bras - I tend to keep my girls in little stretchy camisole type crop tops most of the time. In the first set of Nymeria's photos (page 1) she is wearing a 32D bra which fits pretty well for her and is a size that actually exists! It's not necessarily the beeast size that gets you - it's the band size as she has quite a small torso. It's like she's an elf or something!

Sounds like you had a bit of a splurge on clothes! She does need stuff yo wear though - especially if you want her to settle into her new home without having at you with her deadly blade! The shiny top looks like a good stand in for armour - just needs a few accessories! If ot makes you feel any better, I bought Nymeria a few things today ... including more spider accessories...😅

Crystals, daggers, rope, candles, musty old books - almost anything can make a good photography prop and spur you on to getting some great stories and photos.

I did see your PM as well - might take me a while to reply. Certainly a lot of reading material there! Still, you're getting through the wait - every day takes a good chunk out of it!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:30 pm Sorry it's been a few days - busy working week this week, and I haven't had much time to do ... Well anything really...

Nymeria doesn't have tons of bras - I tend to keep my girls in little stretchy camisole type crop tops most of the time. In the first set of Nymeria's photos (page 1) she is wearing a 32D bra which fits pretty well for her and is a size that actually exists! It's not necessarily the beeast size that gets you - it's the band size as she has quite a small torso. It's like she's an elf or something!

Sounds like you had a bit of a splurge on clothes! She does need stuff yo wear though - especially if you want her to settle into her new home without having at you with her deadly blade! The shiny top looks like a good stand in for armour - just needs a few accessories! If ot makes you feel any better, I bought Nymeria a few things today ... including more spider accessories...😅

Crystals, daggers, rope, candles, musty old books - almost anything can make a good photography prop and spur you on to getting some great stories and photos.

I did see your PM as well - might take me a while to reply. Certainly a lot of reading material there! Still, you're getting through the wait - every day takes a good chunk out of it!
I was getting worried that you'd angered your Matron and faced the consequences! 8O But, I'm sure it's not cheap to keep her happy. I hope there was some nice juicy overtime pay in there for you!

I get that. I imagine that Arachne won't wear a lot of underwear either, but I want to have it. I'm sure a lot of the clothing I buy for her will lean towards sexy (because why not!) but I'd also like to be able to dress her sensibly. Honestly, I can see me dressing her up sensibly any time I'm expecting someone in the house. Then if they stumble on her or I actually decide to show her to someone she's presentable. But, I'm also a fan of form fitting clothing, so that's probably how she'll spend a lot of her time! Did I mention that one of the items I got in that order is faux leather pants? I'm not looking forward to getting her into them, but they should look amazing once she is! I have noted that size and will look into that soon. Thank you!

It was only a little splurge... And everything was on sale! I couldn't afford not to! lol. I figured that buying stuff from a reputable retailer should get me some quality clothing that feels good as opposed to some cheaper fabrics I might end up with. I am done looking at tops and bottoms until she arrives, though. The only other clothing is going to be necessary items that I don't already have. I do want to use that shirt as a base for an armor set, but I haven't looked into that and won't until she arrives. Honestly, I may save up some until halloween. Lots of costume options and spiders will be in season! lol. I can't wait to see what you got Nymeria and hope that means more photo sets are coming! I can't get enough of them!

As I've been cleaning I've been making mental notes of potential props that I already have. Unfortunately daggers haven't made that list yet. I went to that liquidation center I mentioned last night and they didn't have anything fantasy in stock at the moment. Picked up some cheap socks though! I also went to a fabric store. I had this great idea of getting some fabric with a stone pattern to give the impression of being in a castle, dungeon, or underground to hang from my walls for photoshoots, but they didn't have anything and it would be prohibitively expensive! They did have some fabric with web patterns which did tempt me... Perhaps some sort of accent piece? We'll see.

Take your time with the PM. I hope you enjoy the read.

Tomorrow will be two weeks! I still have a lot that I want to accomplish before her arrival so I'm certainly not just sitting around waiting.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:51 pm
Willendorph wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:30 pm Sorry it's been a few days - busy working week this week, and I haven't had much time to do ... Well anything really...

I was getting worried that you'd angered your Matron and faced the consequences! 8O But, I'm sure it's not cheap to keep her happy. I hope there was some nice juicy overtime pay in there for you!

I get that. I imagine that Arachne won't wear a lot of underwear either, but I want to have it. I'm sure a lot of the clothing I buy for her will lean towards sexy (because why not!) but I'd also like to be able to dress her sensibly. Honestly, I can see me dressing her up sensibly any time I'm expecting someone in the house. Then if they stumble on her or I actually decide to show her to someone she's presentable. But, I'm also a fan of form fitting clothing, so that's probably how she'll spend a lot of her time! Did I mention that one of the items I got in that order is faux leather pants? I'm not looking forward to getting her into them, but they should look amazing once she is! I have noted that size and will look into that soon. Thank you!

It was only a little splurge... And everything was on sale! I couldn't afford not to! lol. I figured that buying stuff from a reputable retailer should get me some quality clothing that feels good as opposed to some cheaper fabrics I might end up with. I am done looking at tops and bottoms until she arrives, though. The only other clothing is going to be necessary items that I don't already have. I do want to use that shirt as a base for an armor set, but I haven't looked into that and won't until she arrives. Honestly, I may save up some until halloween. Lots of costume options and spiders will be in season! lol. I can't wait to see what you got Nymeria and hope that means more photo sets are coming! I can't get enough of them!

As I've been cleaning I've been making mental notes of potential props that I already have. Unfortunately daggers haven't made that list yet. I went to that liquidation center I mentioned last night and they didn't have anything fantasy in stock at the moment. Picked up some cheap socks though! I also went to a fabric store. I had this great idea of getting some fabric with a stone pattern to give the impression of being in a castle, dungeon, or underground to hang from my walls for photoshoots, but they didn't have anything and it would be prohibitively expensive! They did have some fabric with web patterns which did tempt me... Perhaps some sort of accent piece? We'll see.

Take your time with the PM. I hope you enjoy the read.

Tomorrow will be two weeks! I still have a lot that I want to accomplish before her arrival so I'm certainly not just sitting around waiting.
As someone who has put dolls in faux leather pants a few times, I can say it's really not that bad even when they're really tight - but always put pantyhose underneath or you won't get them on at all! Clothes that tight and leathery won't slide on silicone without something to protect the silicone, but once in pantyhose they'll glide on no problem. Lydia's armour outfit has faux leather pants and bodysuit underneath- at some point I'll photograph it... for science 😂👌

Nymeria wears a lot of dresses and skirts - or basically anything a self respecting drow would wear. Not usually anything overly sexy, and fairly presentable. I mean, she has no shame whatsoever, but it's cold enough that she has to wear something!

I use a photography backdrop for some of my photos (the ones with the black backgrounds) - basically a set of metal poles that hold up a big black sheet. You can get ones printed with bricks and things so it might be worth looking into photography backdrops. It's probably something I'd like to look at more in the future myself. I sort of wanted to see about getting a cathedral looking one for Lydia actually, but it'll have to wait for now. Would be nice to get Nymeria a dark underdark cave one - so she could feel at home!

Two weeks already - you might even be half way - at least until factory photos appear! I'm sure production is well underway by now, especially as you chose the colour.

INFORMATIONS