Starpery.com

Strange discoloration overnight

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Strange discoloration overnight

Post by jackwoody22 »

Yikes! I don't know what happened but she turned all purple and blotchy overnight. Any suggestions?

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Strange discoloration overnight

Post by jackwoody22 »

Sorry.... TPE doll. Strange purplish color that formed overnight. Had her in my laundry room ... maybe the humidity from the dryer...?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Not looking forward to seeing pics :(
Keeping the doll in a dry room with an application of
viewtopic.php?p=1827897#p1827897
Should fix within a few days :)

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

OK, so I put some toothpaste on her arm and the acne cream on her chest as tests of each one. From what I've read, I should leave them on for several hours, yes?

I wonder if it's from a leather harness outfit I tried putting on her. Newbie that I am, I had no idea that might cause stains, but I saw black marks on her skin after a few minutes, so I aborted the outfit. I wonder if that leather has caused all this staining. She's stained pretty badly all over. Hoping I can get some improvement here or might just offer to give her away and start fresh with a new one.

Thanks again for advice. I am scouring the forums for previous posts on the subject.

(BTW I'm a new member and cannot yet post pics)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The leather harness is more than likely to be the culprit
Using pretty much anything with peroxide will help get rid of the discoloration

There is another post of Black stains being successfully removed :)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136826

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

First of all, thank you all very much for your help and patience with me. I'm new to the hobby and the forums here. This is post #4; I need another post yet so I can be allowed to post pictures and show you all. From what I've seen though, my dark purplish stains are consistent with what I've seen elsewhere.

I'm going to post what I've learned so far in another post to get to 5 posts sooner so I can post some damn pics, heheh.

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

Hey, I made it to 5 posts; woohoo! OK, here are some pictures.

I think I see some lightening in the second pic...?
Attachments
Original state of things as I was applying the acne cream to chest and leg; toothpaste to left forearm
Original state of things as I was applying the acne cream to chest and leg; toothpaste to left forearm
IMG_1711.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 463 times
About 20+ hours in
About 20+ hours in
IMG_1716.JPG (2.38 MiB) Viewed 463 times

Star88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Star88 »

Might be helpful to see the clothing she had been wearing when the staining happened....
Also, taking a close look at the picture, it appears there is staining starting at the top of her stocking. You may want to get those off to prevent further discolouration .

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

Hang in there, friends. I'm missing one post that needs admin approval where I laid out the details.

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

Star88 wrote:Might be helpful to see the clothing she had been wearing when the staining happened....
1. I had a black leather strapon harness on her.

2. I tried putting on a leather harness on her torso, again black leather.

Leather harness

I'm presuming at this point that all this black leather has created purple stains.

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

OK, there's one post missing where I laid out the details. Basically, it's this:

1. From what I've seen in other threads, my discoloration is consistent with clothing stains. In my case, black leather.

2. I'm trying the acne cream treatment. The toothpaste doesn't seem to be working, though I think I see some lightening with the acne cream after about 20+ hours so far - albeit very very minor; no quick fix here. I'm going to apply saran wrap next as I read that suggestion to cover the acne cream with it.

My question at this point is: Do I need to keep re-applying the acne cream or put on once, cover with saran wrap, then let go for days/weeks until stain gone...?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

If you're impatient (as a few of us are), you'll more than likely inspect every day to monitor progress
This infers removing the cream for a visual then re-applying it :)

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

Kaori Kusanagi wrote:The marks on the doll don't correspond to the harness itself. If they were from the harness, they would only be where the harness touched, and usually only where it had contact for significant time, because what is happening is the oils in the TPE are leaching dye out of the contacting materials.
I understand you, however, I did notice after I tried putting the harness on that there was a black residue on the doll. Since I was sliding the leather up and down her body - not to mention touching her with my hands that had touched the leather - I think it's a reasonable assumption to put the leather as Suspect #1. Between the leather touching her itself and my sooty hands, I think that's how it got all over her to such a degree. Her legs, for example, have stripes where the strapon harness was sitting. These stripes are consistent in color with all the other stains.

That doesn't prove anything, just saying that's Suspect #1.

I hear your question about what else might have come in contact with her. I put a black teddy negligee on her; perhaps that did it...? In any case, I won't be going near her with ANY leather from now on, believe me. If I manage to get her cleaned up, keep leather away from her, and she stains again, well then I guess I can eliminate the leather. I will certainly be more careful and test clothing on her skin first. Lesson learned there.

So at this point, Task #1 is getting her cleaned up. Task #2 is deducing the culprit and being better about testing clothing.

Thanks for your time and input!

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

seagull wrote:If you're impatient (as a few of us are), you'll more than likely inspect every day to monitor progress
This infers removing the cream for a visual then re-applying it :)
Heh, yeah, I get it.

At this point, I wiped ALL the cream and toothpaste off her. I'm now trying the acne cream on a few select areas with the saran wrap over top. My thought is to see what works in a few test areas. Then, if I find something that works, go ahead and do on the rest of her, i.e., trying to be more deliberate.

I'm going to continue the acne cream but if that doesn't work, I'll try the OMS I saw referenced in another thread. There's concern that OMS dries out the TPE so I'm holding off on this for now.
Attachments
The test areas
The test areas
IMG_1719.JPG (2.47 MiB) Viewed 253 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Has been noted before that the nature of TPE is to absorb (and diffuse) colors, just takes a while
viewtopic.php?p=1848410#p1848410
has some very useful information :)

INFORMATIONS