Starpery.com

How do I make tooth white?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Travisramsey4
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do I make tooth white?

Post by Travisramsey4 »

I have noticed overtime at the teeth on my doll have been getting more doll and a darker color does anyone have advice on getting them back to pearly whites again??

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How do I make tooth white?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Well I've tried several methods, from paint, to more recently white liquid eye liner but I keep going back to the only thing that I'm personally happy with for photography and that's white powder makeup. The white eyeliner went on ok but in pictures the teeth just looked too white for my taste (I'm in the UK where we traditionally have poor teeth! So for now I'm sticking with the powder makeup which is easy to apply and very cheap.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Wheezer was starting to experiment with mixing oil based paint as well as powdered coloring into the 3M paste for a more permanent coloration effect on TPE :)

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

I'm in the UK where we traditionally have poor teeth!
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Sorry, guys couldn't resist. :lol:

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Ha ha, Panther, the whole English teeth thing always makes me smile, which is ironic as I've currently got 2 front teeth missing! Family guy love to reference it, whenever they have a Brit on the show they will have wonky teeth!

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Ha ha, Panther, the whole English teeth thing always makes me smile, which is ironic as I've currently got 2 front teeth missing! Family guy love to reference it, whenever they have a Brit on the show they will have wonky teeth!
Really? With all the interviews and documentaries that I have seen of you, I never noticed it.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Ha ha, that made me smile even more as I probably had them back then! Actually I had one pulled about 2 years ago but more recently its been practically impossible to get a dental appointment due to covid restrictions and I had another lower incisor that needed pulling. I did try myself but was too chicken to yank it hard enough then a couple of weeks back I accidentally knocked it out while brushing my teeth, what a blessed relief that was! Still waiting for the covid restrictions to be lifted so the tooth fairy can come collect it!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Awww, so cute :)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

I just realised that I should probably apologise to the OP as I was prattling on about my teeth thinking I was in one of my own threads! I suspect I may have been a bit loose with a couple of rules here so will have word with myself although in my defence I did answer the original question and to get back on track, as far as photography goes then white powder makeup seems to work well, unless you live in the US in which case white acrylic paint might be the way to go to avoid that 'English' look! :lol:

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Arthur1960 wrote:I just realised that I should probably apologise to the OP as I was prattling on about my teeth thinking I was in one of my own threads! I suspect I may have been a bit loose with a couple of rules here so will have word with myself although in my defence I did answer the original question and to get back on track, as far as photography goes then white powder makeup seems to work well, unless you live in the US in which case white acrylic paint might be the way to go to avoid that 'English' look! :lol:

:evidence: :razz:

INFORMATIONS