sanhuiofficial.com

Opinion Poll: Anyone Else Like To See More Faces Like These?

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Jack+Sanhui
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: Opinion Poll: Anyone Else Like To See More Faces Like Th

Post by Jack+Sanhui »

Maybe it's the lighting for taking photos. The most powerful thing for a photographer is the ability to control the light. It's hard to control the ordinary light

And is lens distortion

:grab:

KeepItSimple
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KeepItSimple »

@Jack+Sanhui Yes, and I think the fast cellphone cameras used for daily order processing make things difficult for the customer. The direct flash ruins photos, especially at close distances. Then add the close-subject lens distortion. But, it takes too much time to ideally use a DSLR camera with a soft reflective light setup. Everyone hopes their doll will look beautiful when it arrives, even if the factory photos don't match the pretty photoshoots.

Jack+Sanhui
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Jack+Sanhui »

It's true, but the warehouse is just to give customers the appearance of a doll. At present, it can't meet the requirements of taking photos in the studio one by one, which will increase a lot of costs and make dolls more expensive to sell.

We hope to bring you better products and more favorable prices, so I hope you can understand some details.

elyx

Post by elyx »

I have a professional studio and camera equipment. I will gladly do photos and videos of the dolls that I will buy.

Can't wait to get my WM doll, and then my next purchase will be a Sanhui 160A.

Jack+Sanhui
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Jack+Sanhui »

elyx wrote:I have a professional studio and camera equipment. I will gladly do photos and videos of the dolls that I will buy.

Can't wait to get my WM doll, and then my next purchase will be a Sanhui 160A.
I'm looking forward to your work.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

wynncamp52

Post by wynncamp52 »

KeepItSimple wrote:
wynncamp52 wrote: Also, about the sultry eyes thing: I actually love how big her eyes look in your photos of her with the colorful wigs, as opposed to sultry. That's why I love this Asian face more than any of the others.
Long parted bangs also make wider foreheads smaller for an overall oval-shape face. Women usually aim for a 'Beyonce' oval shape when doing contouring makeup. So, it's a good workraround for anti-DIY makeup situations.

Had a picture of head 15 in a white wig but the low contrast against fair skin tone increased the overall head size in a funky way.

Head 15 in the colourful wig photos above has smaller diameter iris (#6) than the wider ones in Sanhui's photoshoots, which are probably eyes #2 ... or a darker variant ... or photoshopped.
I'm not much of a photographer, but having a visual communications degree sent me down the Photoshop/Illustrator path for many years. I've always loved the work of photographers who understood the use of cool and warm colors, composition, ad design altogether, really. I think such a photographer would work wonders for doll ads and galleries. Right now there's just too much dress-up in manufacturer galleries. Don't get me wrong. There's absolutely nothing at all wrong with a photo set of dolls wearing pretty clothes. It has its place. But it's overkill on most websites, when most customers simply want to see the goods they are buying, goods being a nice sculpt on a naked doll.

Also, dolls and doll heads can become obsolete simply because of a bad presentation of the product. For instance: I go on and on, on TDF, all the time about my favorite head, head #17. She's absolutely stunning...with the right presentation. As it stands now, most people do not realize how beautiful she is because there's a poor photo of her on the Sanhui's options/Customizations page, and she has no gallery. The old galleries of her when she was a Sange TPE doll had some really bad make-up for her face, and the clothes were also pretty bad. These things really make or break how popular certain dolls become. A gallery isn't necessarily made efficient by adding a purple or white wig, and purple and pink eye shadow, just because the doll has a pretty face. Same with clothing.

wynncamp52

Post by wynncamp52 »

Here's a good example of what I am trying to say: One good representation of how pretty head #17 is, and one poor representation. Sometimes, in trying to create a personality for the doll, the photographer loses it, instead. In the good representation she has a sexy princess, girl next door, sort of vibe. This look worked better because this was the personality the doll already had, without the benefit of a professional photographer. Note that the photography looks professional for the poor representation, and poor for the good representation. If I were creating ad content for this doll with head #17 I would pick the photo on the right and assign a photographer to recreate the vibe in a better photo.

Also note that this doll was how Sange painted her. They kept her make up simple, and I bought a normal looking wig for her. Also note, in the poor representation of head #17, that one set of eyelashes is turned up, the other turned down. This photographer didn't really care about giving the doll a proper presentation and it shows. And her outfit is also bad. It's like they matched the outfit to the hair and overly heavy make-up, never taking notice of the personality of the doll. My 2 cents.
Attachments
photorep.jpg
photorep.jpg (337.03 KiB) Viewed 735 times

KeepItSimple
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KeepItSimple »

It would be nice to have head photos with light makeup and non-occluding wigs in photoshoots, but I can see those scaring off customers. A few factory photos can reveal better true sculpt details, but most buyers don't realize they can ask for these before ordering. ...or have the patience to do so.

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

#15 was my first choice if I got a body with detachable head. She's both cute and intriguing. I ended up with Nonoka AIO though which would be my second choice.

I'm not a big fan of the more western styled ones, but that's just my personal taste and not criticism towards the designers.

I think Sanhui is in a unique spot with their design where their best heads are imo those that resemble game/cgi characters a bit more than realism. It fits their body designs great too that still just relies on great sculpting and textured skin without detailed body color. I really wish they made more fantasy styled heads.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

I think most of Sanhui's photography is really good. I like the choice of clothes and different looks they go with for different shoots - it kind of sells a certain fantasy, but they're also pretty good at showing dolls without the fantasy outfits. If you look at the 161 that came out recently, they showed a lot of high quality nude front/back pictures of the whole profile of the doll.

It would be nice to maybe see some more shoots of some of the rarer faces though as there are definitely some that have been lost a bit over time. They don't have an owner's gallery that I've seen either, which could be a good source of photos for all of their dolls.

wynncamp52

Post by wynncamp52 »

KeepItSimple wrote:It would be nice to have head photos with light makeup and non-occluding wigs in photoshoots, but I can see those scaring off customers. A few factory photos can reveal better true sculpt details, but most buyers don't realize they can ask for these before ordering. ...or have the patience to do so.
Don't get me wrong, here. The romanticized galleries are great! But when a company (not talking about Sanhui, here) is afraid to be honest with their adverts, that should raise a red flag, and usually does. Finding a balance of both Romance and honesty is a good selling point, from an advertising perspective, and a rare thing. Sanhui's dolls are so beautiful that the quality of their dolls speaks for itself. There's really no need for the extra fluff. And, considering the gallery EVERYONE'S been talking about, the 161 gallery, Sanhui has been successful in integrating both style AND integrity. They buyer knows, for the most part (without actually having the doll in front of them) what they're getting.

Speaking outside of the advertising perspective now: Anyone willing to spend thousands of dollars deserves to see a product's flaws. This is something Sanhui seems to have embraced, and I think it's working, albeit slowly, which is something I praise them highly for.

About western faces: My point was never to saturate with western faces, but there IS a western market that's growing by leaps and bounds, as evidenced by Sanhui's presence here in the states. There are many China based manufacturers who sell more western style faces than anything else, ones I won't mention here. They sell more adult looking doll faces, as well, which helps with customs, I'd imagine. But again, it would make sense that balance is key.

wynncamp52

Post by wynncamp52 »

Willendorph wrote:It would be nice to maybe see some more shoots of some of the rarer faces though as there are definitely some that have been lost a bit over time. They don't have an owner's gallery that I've seen either, which could be a good source of photos for all of their dolls.
I agree. I think there should be galleries featuring every head style. It seems sort of counter productive to not have that, but that's me.

KeepItSimple
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KeepItSimple »

Even if their marketing is skewed, I always prefer to deal with a Chinese company that makes a decent product for a good price. North American sex toy companies are super expensive for 'peace of mind' and 'great customer service' ... no thanks, I'll take the risk.

wynncamp52

Post by wynncamp52 »

KeepItSimple wrote:Even if their marketing is skewed, I always prefer to deal with a Chinese company that makes a decent product for a good price. North American sex toy companies are super expensive for 'peace of mind' and 'great customer service' ... no thanks, I'll take the risk.

I agree, wholeheartedly. 100%.

Cheers

wynncamp52

Post by wynncamp52 »

I will say this, at least from my experience buying dolls: Regardless of bad photos, I rarely received a doll that looked less than perfect in person. Only a couple. Most of my dolls look(ed) better in person than in the photos. I've read this a lot on TDF from other doll enthusiasts, especially when it comes to Sanhui dolls. I think we can all agree that they usually look better right out of the box, barring any damage in transit. We all have those personal preferences we look to satisfy. Some like Asian faces, some like western faces, some like cartoony faces. As long as there is a need for all, then all is what companies should strive for. Sanhui's got the biggest variety now than they've ever had, with the exception of western faces and, well, variety is the spice of life. The Asian faces demographic has more than enough to choose from, Sanhui, so bring on those full-lipped western facades. However, I will also say this: at least their all-but-nothing western face choices made it very easy for me to choose my first Sanhui silicone hunnies. Love ya, Sanhui!

INFORMATIONS