sexyrealsexdolls.com

tips to make doll look real

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

hieligekoe

Re: tips to make doll look real

Post by hieligekoe »

Good question and great tips. I've been trying to figure out things like lighting and poses as well. Definitely not a photographer, so I appreciate those of you who have the talent taking the time to share tips like this. Thanks all!
My dolls:
Genevieve / Delilah - WM 140D: viewtopic.php?t=166375
Kailani / Maria - WM 164J: viewtopic.php?t=177461
Emily / Lisa - SE Doll 157H: viewtopic.php?t=177463

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by poppy70 »

It‘s important to plan ahead, what you want to shoot. No need to pose every arm and leg, when you just want a portrait. Try to have a clean background. A bed sheet can be a good backdrop.

The eyes are important to get them right, stray hairs are a pain and getting the hand and fingers right is also hard work. And don‘t forget props and accessories, a ring, a necklace, a bracelet, something a woman would wear.

Last but not least lighting. It really is important. Lights needn‘t be pro equipment, even the cheap ones improve the photos a lot. And try to watch some photographers tutorials and learn and adapt.

When I look at the photos I took at the begin of my doll journey and today, they got better. It‘s a constant process to learn adapt and improve.

Jo
Poppys girls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
click on image to go to their thread

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

- Few people reported it already, but the MannequinFan eyes set is a MUST. The eyes sparkles with life. Its a game changer, on the spot.

- If your doll is silicon, double check to make sure that you don't have too much shine by looking quickly at your pictures during the photoshoot. Powder your doll more if needed. These silicon gals like to shine while facing a camera.

- Like other reported, make sure that the eyes orientation is top notch. Even if your doll is not looking at the camera, move your head and look into her eyes, if you feel that she is not holding your gaze, then the eyes are not set right. The tiniest adjustment will be a night and day difference on the picture quality.

- Watch the hair, and take the time to lightly comb her hair between each new position switching. Your camera will catch hair that you did not see and it will get on your nerve.

- You can add beauty marks on her skin with a eyeliner. It's crazy how that little detail gives her life.

- Don't be afraid to use accessories (comb, mirrors, purses, jewelry) ... for some reasons these add a lot of realism to your shot.

- If you are a beginner, use the daylight to take your picture. It is quite difficult to have the lighting right in a room at night. It does require some equipment to get good result.

- About FaceApp, I personally hate that thing as it is supposed to be a doll forum, not a picture editing skill one. People comes here to exchange on dolls subject and want to see the real thing. I personally unsubscribe to any thread that turn into a faceapp fest, which is a shame, because many of these dolls are beautiful and the app simply invalidate the picture, showing something that is not existing. I do have the same problem with Tinder, but that is another story.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I'm not a great photographer, but like any hobby and skill, lots of practice will help.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

Eye contact to somewhere is important. It can be a camera or other doll.

By default the dolls stare to nowhere. Some dolls have eyes locked in place (carefully can be unlocked).

MashiMaron

Post by MashiMaron »

You can try other eye sockets maybe and play with her eyelid.
This was Soraya ….. sad she passed away :cry: :cry:

INFORMATIONS