www.wmdolls.com

WM Intelligent Cleaning System

Reviews on WM Dolls Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
AtomicPunk

WM Intelligent Cleaning System

Post by AtomicPunk »

I recently received a free WM Intelligent Cleaning System when I ordered my Alita (WM175B) from them back in July. I would like to thank WM for this opportunity to get a hands on it just as it's released to the public.

I won't be publishing any personal photos, but I've included a their promotional photos which server the same purpose. Here is a link to the products introduction on TDF.

viewtopic.php?f=215&t=131062

WHAT YOU GET

Items consist of the control unit, inlet tube, power supply connector, and outlet apparatus. The outlet apparatus has the insert, a tube to connect to the control unit and a disposal tube that ejects the "waste water". As a bonus, they included a "dry stick".

SETUP

You'll need two containers. One for the water source, another for the waste water. The cleaning process will cycle through about 5.5 L of water, so either have a container that holds at least 5.5 L, or you can monitor the progress and swap out with smaller containers. I just used what I had around the house. A 4L cooler for water intake and a 2L soda bottle for outtake (obviously swapping out the outtake with another 2L bottle mid cycle)

Connect the intake tube to the control unit and place in your fresh water container. Insert the cleaning unit into your doll's cavity. The seal should be snug, I had no problems with my 157B. Make sure the outlet tube is positioned at the bottom of the insert and lead that to your outlet container.

Your doll should be placed above the containers, afterall, we need gravity here. I placed Alita on a padded bench i had. I suppose you can use your bed... but BEWARE. If you experience any leaking, your bed will get wet! Just prepare ahead and don't place her anywhere where water would be an issue.

Reason I say this is that my first time was a flood. I neglected to make sure that the outlet tube is clear are FREE FROM ANY BLOCKAGE. The outlet water tube from the cleaning unit is made of soft rubber, it collapses from being wound in shipping. Straightening out the tube does NOT guarantee an open passage. SO. The first time around the outlet tube was pinched in several places. Pressure built up and water flew out her. I thought i had a defective unit or a very bad seal until i corrected the outlet tube pinching. I had to repeatedly pinch / adjust the tube to keep a clear path.

Happy to say on my second, and more seasoned cleaning, everything went perfect. No leaks at all, keeping mind that the outlet tube has to be free of obstruction.

OPERATIONS

Operating the unit is dead simple. There is an automatic 50 minute cycle of clean/dry/disinfect, or you can select a specific task to suit your needs. Directions are printed on the bottom of the unit, or you can consult the enclosed pamphlet.

The noise of the unit is relatively quiet. Maybe the level of a large aquarium pump. Be aware that during the drying process, air is expelled from the outlet tube. If you decide to run the automatic cycle, and "set it and forget it" ... you'll end up with an aquarium bubbler during the dry cycle if you don't swap the outlet tube to an empty container.

RESULTS

After the automated cycle, she was clean. Very clean. But not very dry overall. Mid canal was dry, but at the very deepest levels, it was still very moist. I gave her a full 60 minute additional dry cycle. Better, but still a thin layer of moisture. Maybe it has to do with the depth of the cleaning unit during the drying process. Maybe it wasn't deep enough? Not sure yet. Maybe if she's vertical during the dry cycle, gravity will help with drainage.

SUMMARY

Pros:

1. Very easy setup and breakdown.
2. Ability to "set it and forget it", as long as you have containers that will hold 5.5L each.
3. Automated and individually selected cycles.
4. End result is very clean!

Cons:

1. The rubber of Outlet tube from the cleaning unit is thinner than the other tubes, so it is prone to pinching. Can cause a "blow out" of water from the cavity if not kept open.
2. The drying process is not complete. Not sure if that is due to improper positioning, but not does not fully dry the complete cavity, even after and hour on the dry cycle.

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Cleaning System is well thought out. I love the automation aspect, leaving me time to do other things. It feels something that a 40's housewife would get excited about a dishwasher or a vacuum cleaner. Cleaning is awesome, but I still have extra steps to take to enure that she's completely dry. I'll try vertical drying next time.

Is it worth it? Maybe. It's definitely a "luxury" item. If my lady came out super dry on the first two tries, I'd extol it's genius. It's still clever and worth a try if you have the budget and want an automated cleaning solution.

Again, thanks to WM for the free offer!

POST INITIAL REVIEW INFORMATION

As mentioned initially, I found that the drying process was sub par, even after a full 60 minutes dry cycle. Very small pools of water remained deep in her cavity. Not to be defeated, I tried a different approach:

I changed her drying position to VERTICAL (STANDING) and the end result was much better than horizontal drying. Her complete cavity was extremely close to fully dry! I think we have a winner!

Position horizontal for the washing process. Vertical for the drying processes.
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

dolls-castle
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: WM Intelligent Cleaning System

Post by dolls-castle »

Good reference
:glou:
WhatsApp: +8617328158178
Email: allum@dolls-castle.com

WM Dolls News
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: WM Intelligent Cleaning System

Post by WM Dolls News »

Hello AtomicPunk,

Thank you for your review! Very much appreciated. :glou:

It seems to be consistent with another review made by Dreamsc4r.
The bad point seems to be the drying process. I will let the tech guys know. :thumbs_up:

Ted

INFORMATIONS