sexyrealsexdolls.com

hand skeleton - aluminium castings of finger bones

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
Tommo10
UK FORUM
UK FORUM

Re: hand skeleton - aluminium castings of finger bones

Post by Tommo10 »

I have had a TPE doll on order since early May this year, forgive me for not mentioning the brand I am not 100% sure I can, although it was ordered through a UK vendor approved on this site.
for TPE dolls In the main I buy Jinsan brands, unless I get distracted by some Irontech or SM dolls tits, :oops: but in this case I bought a doll solely for he metal articulated hands, it is not the normal thing I do....... although I really 'NEEDED ONE'.
Both the Vendor and myself were under the impression this option was already available, the manufacturer said it was an option on this particular size body size and shape, I have had many updates from my vendor who's kept me updated all the time, with the option to have full refund from the manufacturer each time they fail and throw another doll in the bin, I think we are on design three for maybe four of these hands, I am more than happy to wait until they get this right which seems unheard of in China My last update was the middle of July they were getting a slightly different design of articulating hands manufactured which was going to take approximately 20 days, then they would make another doll. I believe the first design was having problems holding a pose at the knuckle joints, the second design was having different issue although I had a video sent to me of those hand and they looked very neat, not sure how they cover them in fabric and still get them to work and if they didn't the TPE may jam them up in the joint. I am sure I will get an update on the latest design very soon.

Cheers

Tommo

See The Girls Main Photo Thread In Eye Candy:- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=125051
Instagram:- We are on Instagram as @victoria_ash10. https://www.instagram.com/victoria_ash10/
Twitter 'X':- https://twitter.com/Victori18624401?t=a ... _9cag&s=09
Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/victoria.ash.1257
UK Love Doll Forum:- https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/home.php

Doll life is rather good, make the most of it, You only live once.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hey Tommo, this is indeed exciting news so fingers crossed, if you pardon the pun!

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

The idea that a TPE ( AKA - Mass Produced doll maker) will take any of this under advisement is really Zero.
It's really going to be on the higher end silicone dolls.

It's going to be a trade off on the strength of the skeleton/joints VS the thickness of the silicone.
Thicker silicone hands /fingers will have more resistance to the bending of the joints/fingers.
So, knowing the silicone will want to go back to it's poured position.
The skeleton/joints in the hands would need to be really hard to move.

In looking at the DS summit , it will be interesting to see how they hold up over time.

Anyone know what RD does? Or The "S" company, shhh :whistle: .
Are there photos of their hand skeleton someone could share?
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Tommo10
UK FORUM
UK FORUM

Post by Tommo10 »

justintime wrote:Or The "S" company, shhh :whistle: .
:haha4: I assume with the so called shhh! company, from order to delivery of the doll advancements will have moved on half a decade by the time you receive the doll. :roll:

My Shhh is wires but she's seven years old.

Of eight silicone dolls one with metal articulated hand, one 4Woods is articulated and rotate, I assume and they feel like some sort of plastic, although they are very good, the rest are wires and TBH I have never had any problems with wires breaking or coming detached on silicone dolls three of which are 7, 8 and 9 years old.

Sorry don't own a RD ...... yet :wink:
Tommo
See The Girls Main Photo Thread In Eye Candy:- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=125051
Instagram:- We are on Instagram as @victoria_ash10. https://www.instagram.com/victoria_ash10/
Twitter 'X':- https://twitter.com/Victori18624401?t=a ... _9cag&s=09
Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/victoria.ash.1257
UK Love Doll Forum:- https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/home.php

Doll life is rather good, make the most of it, You only live once.

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tailor »

justintime wrote:I guess many of you own articulated hands and fingers in this thread.

Placing a skeleton in a mold is quite tedious work. It must be placed just right, other wise the skeleton will be to close to the surface.
This is not as important in the over all body as it is in the hands. There is no room for a mistake, (mass production as in TPE ) will not work for this.
TPE will tear almost by looking at it, so a articulated hand may ,with the lightest of pressure cut the TPE.
Companies like Sino/IL, and others still use wire, this may be the reason.

Great care needs to be taken, when using your doll with articulated fingers,
( the rough stuff/sex will lead to breaking the fingers. Due to the lack of mass in that area.)

Finger pokes will happen for sure in the best of dolls.
I wish they would find a way to make the silicone in the hands harder. This would make the hands hold up better over time.
Much easier done in silicone than TPE due to the hot VS cold pour.
Edited like hell:..........
I never think suggestions and advice is taken into advisement by doll makers.
But it's fun to think it is. :drinking:

What you guys think about have a thick hand skeleton without silicone/Tpe around the hands?
They can put gloves over the hands to cover the skeleton and the hands can be made as strong as possible to hold heavy objects.
It also would not be as hard to create.
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Tommo10 wrote:My Shhh is wires but she's seven years old.
Of eight silicone dolls one with metal articulated hand, one 4Woods is articulated and rotate, I assume and they feel like some sort of plastic, although they are very good, the rest are wires and TBH I have never had any problems with wires breaking or coming detached on silicone dolls three of which are 7, 8 and 9 years old.
Sorry don't own a RD ...... yet :wink:
Tommo
Interesting I did not know that about the"S".
What you guys think about have a thick hand skeleton without silicone/Tpe around the hands?
They can put gloves over the hands to cover the skeleton and the hands can be made as strong as possible to hold heavy objects.
It also would not be as hard to create.
Sorry to say that would never work, people are looking for realism in a doll. IMO

By the looks of even the DS Summit, I think it's just a mater of time before friction causes the fingers to fail.
This is the same reason joints in all dolls will fail if used.
Joints are the week spot of any doll.
Shelby Model Information

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

Aluminum castings are too costly to be used for finger bones.

CNC machining may work out cost-wise (and in fact would be needed to clean up all the aluminum finger castings)
and so why not just start there?

The biggest problem is you are adding more joints and connections than the entire skeleton had previously.
And every single one of those has to be tightened just so and then meticulously placed in the center of the mold.

This is not an easy process, and definitely is not cheap.
However, someone may think of a great way to do it, and bam, every doll will have them.

So keep on thinking up thoughts on this.

- - -- - -

My biggest question is, if i had a TPE forearm with finger bones
How many people could melt the new TPE hand and wrist to the wrist of their doll?

Mechanically it is just cut around the wrist, pull the old hand bolt out of the tube, slide new hand in.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

BuilderOfCastles
Articulation, a bit of a challenge this one is
Adding 40 hinges for a pair of hands increases the risk of failure with normal wear and tear
There are a few owners who have had dolls for over 5 years and no finger problems, others have not been so fortunate/careful :)
Had to re-read the "if i had a TPE forearm with finger bones" bit :)

mark123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mark123 »

seagull wrote:BuilderOfCastles
Articulation, a bit of a challenge this one is
Adding 40 hinges for a pair of hands increases the risk of failure with normal wear and tear
There are a few owners who have had dolls for over 5 years and no finger problems, others have not been so fortunate/careful :)
Had to re-read the "if i had a TPE forearm with finger bones" bit :)
So are you saying that instead of articulated fingers, the best way to improve durability of fingers is to use thicker wires (or thicker strand of twisted wires) and thicker fingers, as long as we do not need the doll to pose complicated hands gestures?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Currently the industry does not have a human-like robustness for doll fingers
Thicker single core wire still fatigues and breaks eventually
While finer twisted wire has a longer fatigue life it is at the cost of strength in holding a pose

From a materials perspective, medical use of Titanium and Ceramic in a ball and socket configuration seems to work, very expensive, never going to happen with these adult toys :)

mark123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mark123 »

seagull wrote:Currently the industry does not have a human-like robustness for doll fingers
Thicker single core wire still fatigues and breaks eventually
While finer twisted wire has a longer fatigue life it is at the cost of strength in holding a pose

From a materials perspective, medical use of Titanium and Ceramic in a ball and socket configuration seems to work, very expensive, never going to happen with these adult toys :)
I see.... since I do not need complex posture, I plan to protect the doll by letting her always wear gloves, and wear thick socks followed by shoes :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

That is a very good strategy for looking after your doll :)

mark123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mark123 »

seagull wrote:That is a very good strategy for looking after your doll :)
haha.... I plan to let the doll to wear gloves, thick knee socks and shoes even when the doll is in the bed, to protect her fingers and toes :)

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

How about a bubble. Talk about keeping her safe. :D
Attachments
51b7+1rt5DL._AC_.jpg
51b7+1rt5DL._AC_.jpg (39.25 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Shelby Model Information