www.wmdolls.com

Washing you doll?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
sortarius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Washing you doll?

Post by sortarius »

As I prepare for the arrival of my doll I bought a few things to help keep him fresh. (antibacterial spray, powder and so on) all from a reputable adult shop specific for dolls.

But the one thing I'm not sure about is washing and keeping him supple. What do you use to wash yours with and what type of oil do you massage into his body (and how often)?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Washing you doll?

Post by Mr Franz »

Varies quite a bit one owner to the next. What works for one may not be ideal for another. All depends on how the doll is used and what environment it's kept. As for myself, with my TPE doll I find a standing sponge bath works best for me. To do that I use a regular terry washcloth and about a teaspoon of regular Blue Dawn dish soap mixed in a couple quarts of warm water, with my doll standing on a large plastic trash bag.

Powdering I do after each wash once my doll is completely dry. I like to use cornstarch for that. Just a light dusting spread with a large makeup brush.

As for oil, I do that maybe 3 times a year with regular baby oil. The kind with just mineral oil and fragrance and no other additives. I rub on just enough to coat the skin, let it absorb, (can take several hours), then powder.

It's wash first, dry thoroughly then powder or if it's oiling time, (TPE only), wash, dry thoroughly, oil then powder.

Lots of threads on the subject already, just use the search in the upper right to find more thoughts.

sortarius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sortarius »

Thank you for your detailed reply. :thumbs_up:

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

I give my TPE and silicone guys a sponge bath, using 1:5 ratio mixture of antibacterial hand soap and cool water for the initial clean, then rinsing with just cool water. It has been 2 years and I still have not needed to oil my TPE guys and of course I never oil my silicone guy. I do have unscented baby oil, which is basically mineral oil though.
My fabric guys have been sprayed down with Scotchgard and wear protective spandex suits as "skin", but they get refreshed every once in a while with lysol spray, clean scented Febreeze and left smelling manly with Eternity for Men, by Calvin Klein.
I have had to repowder the TPE and silicone guys after baths and of course any kind of skin-to-skin interactions.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hi, sortarius. Since your doll will be brand-spanking-new, I doubt that you'll have to oil him immediately. Definitely wash him to remove any factory gunk. I've heard of guys washing their female dolls in the shower but I'd advise against that since water making contact with the foot bolts will most likely rust them. I prefer to sponge bath Erik and due to surgery earlier in the year, I can't lift him. So I came up with a way to wash him on my bed. You can check that out here: viewtopic.php?t=147308&start=210
You'll definitely want to powder your guy after washing and drying him. I prefer corn flour/cornstarch as it's totally natural and safe. I apply it with a powder brush, but I've ordered a powder puff because it will cover more surface area more quickly. (I'll let you know if that works out or not.) I use food-grade mineral oil on Erik since it's more highly refined. (I didn't want to use scented baby oil because I like kissing/licking his body. Which is also why I use corn flour to powder him.) He's a young doll at one year old, so I don't feel the need to over-oil him. And when I do, I focus on the areas of his body that move. For example, knee and elbow joints. Absolutely avoid oiling your doll's fingers because the TPE is thinner there. And if too much oil absorbs, the finger wires will probably rust. Also avoid oiling his head/face. (I heard a horror story about a guy who oiled his doll's head and the TPE was pulling away from the skull like soft chewing gum.) Yes, really. 8O My WM user manual says to avoid using petroleum-based products like Vaseline (petroleum jelly) on the TPE as that will cause it to break down. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. :)
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

INFORMATIONS