www.wmdolls.com

Just got my first doll....I need a little help!

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: In a dollman-sion. Housed with dolls. With ash remains of two dearly departed and a live parrot.

Re: Just got my first doll....I need a little help!

Post by Z-Dollman »

I had a similar issue with Jaimie.

How on earth did that get by inspection? Some of these manufacturers, I swear! China makes a LOT of 'crap'. Cheap labor yields cheap quality.
"The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM": (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

My Robot Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by My Robot Doll »

Ziggy, I think all of your guys are made there by those labor force ... :roll: :roll:
myrobotdoll.com - Support in English, Dutch & French - TDF MyRobotDoll Forum - Email: support@myrobotdoll.com - Twitter: @MyRobotDoll

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: In a dollman-sion. Housed with dolls. With ash remains of two dearly departed and a live parrot.

Post by Z-Dollman »

Yep, I know. Some of my dolls are better quality than others.

My point is when people are paid low wages they cant be expected to have the best results, theres no motivation.

Like here in the USA, you pay someone minimum wage, you get minimum work. People need incentives. Factories of all kinds need to focus more on quality vs quantity.

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

I agree with Ziggy on quality over quantity.
I heard back from IronTech. I got a video showing how to move the joints in the foot and ankle. The joints are definitely not the issue. This is definitely not fixable. I sent a response asking if there is any way that I could get a replacement.

My Robot Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by My Robot Doll »

ColVegas, normally it should be your vendor who is fighting for your battle instead of you. The contract / bond is between you and him / her. The quality incidents will happen as long as it is a labor intensive job.. Doll makers can only minimize it with a good quality control procedure / standard but still it is impossible to make it down to 0.
myrobotdoll.com - Support in English, Dutch & French - TDF MyRobotDoll Forum - Email: support@myrobotdoll.com - Twitter: @MyRobotDoll

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

True, but he got the doll direct from IronTech, so its up to them to fix it. Hopefully they do.

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

Hopefully!

poseoasis

Post by poseoasis »

No matter how good the quality control or packaging are, Nothing can survive without some degree of damage if they are handle incorrectly. Don't let anti-China sentiment put you in a dark place, not everything from China is of bad quality. Labour cost is relative, it doesn't mean they are being ill-treated.

Leather by Lee
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: N.W. PA. in MY house no matter what Chandrelle says.

Post by Leather by Lee »

poseoasis wrote:No matter how good the quality control or packaging are, Nothing can survive without some degree of damage if they are handle incorrectly. Don't let anti-China sentiment put you in a dark place, not everything from China is of bad quality. Labour cost is relative, it doesn't mean they are being ill-treated.

How is the truth anti China? Look how crappy a lot of the dolls are. Broken necks, broken ankles, backs arched close to breaking point, and broken fingers, all because of crappy packing. Of the 3 brands I have IronTech was the worse in the packing department, WM in the middle and SM Doll was very well packed.

Lousy LHP, unsealed love holes letting moisture reach skeleton, poor welding of joints, joints not uniformly tightened, (use a damn torque wrench), calling TPE silicone for customs (nearly doubles Canadian import fees).

One of my biggest issues is how a lot of the factories refuse to show pictures of the skeleton they use. WM, XYColo and 6YE are some of the very few that are open about their skeletons and joints. SM Doll sent me pictures on request.

All of the things I listed I have seen over and over again throughout TDF.
Chandrelle Softvale is WM172B body #172 head
Shanyrria WM172G with #172 head
Sonja WM172G with #162 head, Xena, WM166C, 159 head
Suri SM Doll blue 156C with #58 head and Lady Blue SM Doll blue 163A #64 head
7th doll has been banned by TDF
Dolls alive thread, Eye Candy thread, Phicen Thread, The girl's Facebook Page, Our Facebook group, Amateur Cosplay Dolls and more

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

Agreed.

Its not a 'Chinese' thing, its the simple fact that its cheaper to make things in China because they don't hire workers who are fully trained or experienced, hence the cheap labor. If I blame anyone, its the US companies that ship the jobs overseas. Anything to save a buck. Meanwhile, they pad the pockets of their CEOs. The whole damn system is corrupt. lol.

The fact is, MOST doll factories don't care at all about product quality. When they send a defective doll, they don't want to replace it, they expect customers to either deal with it or accept something else.

Bottom line is, you send a product that has a defect or damage that will prevent the buyer from using the product as intended you are required to do one of two things- full refund or full replacement.

If you use a credit card to buy your doll, check your protections. MOST credit cards have some sort of protection from being stuck with defective merchandise.

This is ONE of the reasons I always record the unpacking of my dolls. That way if there is any issue, it can't be said that I caused it, since the box was sealed when I got it. I HIGHLY recommend this method since it provides you with the most legal protections.

poseoasis

Post by poseoasis »

ZiggyDollGuy wrote: This is ONE of the reasons I always record the unpacking of my dolls. That way if there is any issue, it can't be said that I caused it, since the box was sealed when I got it. I HIGHLY recommend this method since it provides you with the most legal protections.
Local Chinese customers are also advised to :

1. Unbox the doll in front of the courier. In case of defects, refuse to accept the merchandise and the courier will return the doll to the sender/factory for repair. Of course, that arrangement are limited within China and only a very few will do such a thing, so embarrassing!

2. Record the unboxing and liaise with the vendor/factory should damage occurs.

When purchasing expensive merchandise abroad, it's advisable to get insurance to cover damage occurs during transportation. I suspect vendors/factories have done that already, hopefully buyers will be fairly compensated should damages occurs. That's why your local vendors with good reputation is so important.

Out of so many doll factories in China (big and small), It should not be surprising that a few have room for improvement to work on. With unhappy customers, please also remember there are more satisfying and happy ones out there. Judging from Ziggy's unboxing videos , I suspect he is one of the happy ones.

So far, to my best knowledge none of the sex doll company in US (Sinthetics and Real Doll) have their doll made in China, so no one is taking jobs away from the American workers in regarding this industry. On the contrary, Doll manufacturing industry in China creates jobs for your local vendors and courier service providers.

If anyone think that dolls made in China are not up to par with their expectations, one can always turn to those made in the US. Unfortunately, their choice will be limited.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

poseoasis
Thoughtful response :)

It's also a numbers thing, no idea how many doll owners there are but suspect there only a relative few that get burned.
Pretty much the case with anything mass produced, this particular industry though has a lack of regulation and standardization (possibly a good thing) but does mean some customers are going to get burnt :)

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

Fire in the dollhouse! Fire in the dollhouse!

Don't get burned!

No matter what you buy or where you buy it nothing is guaranteed. Its not just dolls, its anything mass produced.

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

I got photos of the replacement body this morning. The custom options I had requested in my original invoice were not followed exactly so I have asked if it is too late for them to make a couple minor adjustments. I also asked about packing for shipment. Olivia from IronTech said that had a meeting and have come up with a better way to package the dolls for shipment and will use that method on my replacement body. I am quite happy with Irontech's customer service. They do seem to really care about their products and their customers. (:

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Wow! You got your doll and began the replacement process after I did and I am still waiting on factory photos. I'm feeling quite miffed about my situation right now, but I am VERY happy for your situation. I do hope that this replacement doll is in far better condition than the first one. I am now beginning to think my replacement doll got shoved to the back of the production line and is not a priority....ouch...

*UPDATE* Just received word my replacement body is still in production.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll