www.textiledoll.com

Textile Doll Skeleton

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Textile Doll Skeleton

Post by Mr Franz »

Anyone have a photo of a Textile Doll Skeleton? Just curious how it's made. Thought there was one on here a while back, but damned if I can find it now!

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Textile Doll Skeleton

Post by matt gloss »

Hello,I remember the photos..15mm/10mm armoured cable zip tied together(the larger ones) for the skeleton,I have the photos on a broken lap top somewhere I will try to resurrrect it later and report back :thumbs_up:

Matt

dolls-castle
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by dolls-castle »

:puppydogeyes:

Textile Skeleton ? Tiny Dolls ?
WhatsApp: +8617328158178
Email: allum@dolls-castle.com

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

matt gloss wrote:Hello,I remember the photos..15mm/10mm armoured cable zip tied together(the larger ones) for the skeleton,I have the photos on a broken lap top somewhere I will try to resurrrect it later and report back :thumbs_up:

Matt
That sounds like the one, hope you find it. :wink:
dolls-castle wrote::puppydogeyes:

Textile Skeleton ? Tiny Dolls ?
No, talking about these dolls: http://www.textiledoll.com/en/gallery

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hello Mr.Franz,I'm afraid the laptop had lapped it's last top and could not be brought back... :thumbs_down:

Matt

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

matt gloss wrote:Hello Mr.Franz,I'm afraid the laptop had lapped it's last top and could not be brought back... :thumbs_down:

Matt
Rats! Oh well, hopefully Textiledoll will respond. I'll PM them now.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

No response from TD yet, but I did receive a PM with a link to a German site with some thumbnail pics of a TD skeleton.
TD_Skelly.jpg
TD_Skelly.jpg (55.02 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Here's the link where they came from, but looks like you need to be a member to view them full size.
https://www.gummipuppen.de/forum/thread ... Doll/page3

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Groovy 8) :thumbs_up:

Matt

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote:No response from TD yet, but I did receive a PM with a link to a German site with some thumbnail pics of a TD skeleton.
TD_Skelly.jpg
Here's the link where they came from, but looks like you need to be a member to view them full size.
https://www.gummipuppen.de/forum/thread ... Doll/page3
Looks very unconventional and certainly 'homebrew'. Yet, even I have recently been in touch with a fellow that had his TD doll for 3.5 years and NO issues with the skeleton. In fact he said the that only thing was that might have changed was that some of the foam inside shifted a bit, but not much. I had also managed to find a TD owner that had his almost since the inception of TD, which is about 6 years ago. I did PM him and ask him if he still has the doll and what the condition is. However, he has not got back to me yet.

From the pictures above, it looks like the wiring is something really heavy gauge and with a thick outer covering. Generally if a skeleton like this is positioned slowly and carefully taking care to avoid kinking the wire, this could last a VERY long time. I see the extra covering on the fingers too and I am assuming that is Yuri's way of preventing wire poke through. I see by the ingenious design of the "collarbone" supports as to how they could mimic shoulder blades.

Well, I have a TD on the way and she should arrive by 7,22,20 next week. In the meantime, I am going to pick out a nice sexy dress for her >:}. (That's my Evil Grin).

Thank you for doing some extra "digging" and finding this.

D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

From what the fellow that Pm'd me the link said, the skeleton is essentially braided cable and his term, broomsticks. Looks to me like the cables run through thin wall metal tubing, not so much for structure, but to prevent kinks and to assure the joints bend only where they're supposed to. So yeah, I tend to agree, quite ingenious and close to bulletproof in it's simplicity!

I like the way he's positioned the wire in the hands also, to sort of mimic the bones visible through the skin in the back of your hand. From what I've seen of these dolls, the foot is probably of similar design. I like it. :thumbs_up:

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote:From what the fellow that Pm'd me the link said, the skeleton is essentially braided cable and his term, broomsticks. Looks to me like the cables run through thin wall metal tubing, not so much for structure, but to prevent kinks and to assure the joints bend only where they're supposed to. So yeah, I tend to agree, quite ingenious and close to bulletproof in it's simplicity!
I had figured it was probably a low gauge stranded wire as stranded wire is more flexible than solid. Also the cable sheathing is important too. However, given that the dolls are designed and made in Europe (more than likely everything done by Yuri himself), I am sure that Yuri had tested the skeleton out for reliability. This is something I wish many (if not all) the Chinese manufacturers should do.

I am going to say that this skeleton is better than what I thought it to be. But I can see that care would have to be given to it like any doll with a rigid skeleton. Definitely putting both hands on joint area when positioning and not using the limbs for leverage would definitely ensure the wire ties do not break. Moving the wire slowly and not overextending will also increase the lifespan. As long as the wire is a good quality, then there is a set of rules that could be followed to enhance the lifespan. It is when I saw the joints inside of the Dagmar dol and how they were made, I IMMEDIATELY was shaking my head. It doesn't take a mechanical engineer to figure out that what they did was bound to fail and sadly, it was sooner than later.
I like the way he's positioned the wire in the hands also, to sort of mimic the bones visible through the skin in the back of your hand. From what I've seen of these dolls, the foot is probably of similar design. I like it. :thumbs_up:
Yes, I had noticed that as well. On some of his earlier dolls you can easily see the shoulder blades and even the lower edge of the rib cage. I don't see the later here, but the former, yes. And it is conveniently the same wires that hold the collarbones up. Granted this doesn't allow a shoulder shrugging feature, but that is fine. I think one of the nicer plusses of the TD doll over the Dagmar doll is that it can wear high heels. I couldn't do this with the Dagmar doll as the feet were fixed in their position and couldn't be pivoted. I have to say that the toes on the feet of the TD doll look a bit odd, but when you put the doll in heels, the feet look fine and have that nice top arch that makes ladies feet so attractive in heels. But overall I have to say that from pictures I have seen, from the waist on down, the Textile Dolls look superior to the Dagmar doll. However, from the waist on up to the neck, the Dagmar wins out.

Well, my TD doll is on the way and I should be getting her next week so I will naturally evaluate her then.

D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Speaking of skeletons, someone posted this link in chat the other day for DIY skeleton joint hardware:
https://www.spiderhillpropworks.com/Twi ... _p_21.html

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote:Speaking of skeletons, someone posted this link in chat the other day for DIY skeleton joint hardware:
https://www.spiderhillpropworks.com/Twi ... _p_21.html
Interesting, but that kind of skeleton is made for a static type figure. So you pose it and then tighten the nuts down. I don't think it is something that is continuously posable. How I know? Well, I just happen to be big on Halloween props and I put on a display each year. While I do not own props that would use something like this, I am very familiar with the industry. I am also an avid fan of the history of amusement park dark rides. So this type of skeleton is great for it's intended purpose, but with the single bolt screw and plastic joints, I don't think something like this would hold up well in a doll. For a doll you would need metal on metal joints that are a good hardness that wouldn't easily wear. I have seen some joints that have a sandwich of alternating plastic and metal washers and I believe something like this is what DS-Doll uses. 6YE is using a double metal joint.

So I would be careful about that skeleton for doll use. Of course if someone bought one and did some tests on it, I could be wrong. But not likely. I think those plastic joints will fail from the constant 'pushing' during bedroom activities. Also most guys sleep with their dolls and if a heavyset fellow rolls over the arm joint? "POP!" So I am not sure about that one. Good idea though.

D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, it is pretty light duty I guess. Just hope Happy Dolls doesn't see it! :mrgreen:

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote:Yeah, it is pretty light duty I guess. Just hope Happy Dolls doesn't see it! :mrgreen:
Indeed. They would be in for a worse situation than they are now.

INFORMATIONS