betterlovedoll.com

Re: NOTICE to all members of TDF regarding counterfeit dolls

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The bottom line is profit from sales :)

mr_snaphappy
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by mr_snaphappy »

As a newbie, I bought what I thought was a Hedy doll from VSDoll and they sent me a factory picture that looked nothing like the advertising photos they used. I refused to accept the doll and they refused to refund me. Later on, I was to learn that they were using stolen photos to advertise their cheap knockoffs. It would have been so easy to just Google reverse search the images to discover this.

TChris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TChris »

GomesAddams15 wrote:If I understand correctly, we could stipulate that Abyss Creations is the one that came up originally with the best sex doll and everybody else makes cheap imitation copies. If you buy an expensive doll you will probably get better quality, finer details, softer TPE material. In the end, all that really matters is if are you happy with your purchase. If she or he makes you happy, then all is well.
At this point RD is just generally overpriced.. the material looks like high end TPE, and they seem to have a jaw injury and genu varum

rodman
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rodman »

Upon simple inspection and in the absence of a brand tattoo or other stamp, how would one determine if one was viewing or examining a "counterfeit" doll other than perhaps by a price tag? Perhaps a better term for "counterfeit" is "generic"? Is it not possible that a better mousetrap was simply developed and manufactured AND the manufacturer was willing to operate on a smaller profit margin? How many choose to buy brand name drugs at the pharmacy when much cheaper and equivalent generics are available? Big Pharma spent the money to develop them and bring them to market, did they not? Who here insists on buying from Big Pharma when quality generics are available? Much to our chagrin, how many of the generic drugs that we rely so heavily on are actually made in China? Big Pharma protects their intellectual and capital investments with patents. If they are stolen by far East thieves, that is an issue to be addressed by Congress which has heretofore been rather silent. Perhaps the current administration will do a better job than the last (snicker)?
Nobody likes their turf invaded or their profit margin undercut, but it is up to them to keep ahead with innovation and competitive pricing. If company XYZ can sell virtually identical products for much less than company ABC, then company ABC needs to get on the stick or go by the way of the horse and buggy ultimately.

ChaXen
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ChaXen »

TDF_Management wrote:NOTICE to all members of TDF regarding counterfeit dolls

TDF Management has noticed an increase in content which promotes or endorses counterfeit dolls.

TDF supports the protection of intellectual property. Please understand that theft of intellectual property is a serious crime. Counterfeiters need buyers. We cannot afford to reward buyers by letting them post about their doll whether they knew, suspected or didn't know it was counterfeit.

Rule 2 of The Rules of Conduct of TDF does not allow posts that appear to condone or endorse illegal activities of any kind. This includes Intellectual Property Theft. Intellectual Property includes the original manufacturers' costly Research and Development as well as the artistic design by the sculptor.

Members of TDF are welcome to post about any dolls they own, unless the doll is determined by TDF staff to be counterfeit, or does not meet our perceived age policy or any other TDF rule. This also applies to dolls listed for sale on TDF and related websites.

If your doll has been ruled in violation, you may appeal our decision if you can present proof that the product is not a copy.

Owners and Management of TDF
I humbly admit, I have not been perfect in respecting TDF rules every single time I have ever made a single statement in the time I have been here.

I also humbly admit that I want to fight to be perfect as best I can in regards to TDF rules going from this day forward.

What non-doll lover gets to tell us all how we all should think?

ChaXen

"Hugs and kisses!!"--Leila And Masami
"Leila & Masami"
https://www.chaxen.com

Leila Mayana biography found here: https://www.chaxen.com/post/leila-s-biography

Masami Miyana biography found here: https://www.chaxen.com/post/masami

Aiko Rose description found here: https://www.chaxen.com/post/_aiko

Our official advertisement flyer: https://hungryforhits.com/profilepage.php?id=31455

Leila: Email US! leilamasami@gmail.com

thunderkiss69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thunderkiss69 »

pokitom wrote:
yankees992012 wrote:Hi everyone, I spent days reading the information on TDF. While it is great information to learn from, how come TDF doesn't work with eBay and amazon to get them to vet sellers there or at least fight back against counterfeit dolls that are being sold there? Both Amazon and eBay are big retailers in United States. Before going to this TDF, I brought a doll on eBay and was unsure if it was fake or not. eBay is among one of the major online retailers that I frequent. What can TDF can do about those retailers?
about ebay and amazon, i collect anime figures, ebay and amazon have thousands of bootleg anime and superhero figures, thousands of listings from asia, ebay does nothing, even if you report it. :| they dont care.

Am I crazy, or is it harder to find specific things today than 5-10 years ago? Not just Amazon and Ebay, but also search engines.
My lovely Lucia Maria Montenari (WM 159G)
Visit the girls' Instagram page.

Stupid Positivity: Expecting people to learn new things is dangerous and oppressive.

Miyakutsune

Post by Miyakutsune »

How are people who are poor but lonely supposed to get a doll if they want one when the doll industry only focuses on the well off and wealthy by making them unfairly expensive? It took me nearly two years to afford a realistic doll I got from a friend who used it as a display model, nearly everything i have was donated because i cant really afford anything yet loneliness is about to kill me, since I got my doll, it has helped me artificially feel like I have a companion. I seriously doubt my doll is counterfeit, in fact I know it isn't and was lucky to get her, but I support counterfeit dolls, and the reason why, is because despite them being counterfeit, I know they help poorer men who are lonely and can't afford the insane price of these doll companies. Counterfeiters are like the robin hoods of the doll industry, selling what the poor needs or wants at a price they can reach. If they don't want to counterfeit dolls floating around, then make them affordable to all mem, poor men are in greater need of them as they are much higher risk of loneliness and suicide due to loneliness and having at least an artificial companion, is better than to sit in a home alone thinking death is better than loneliness. I know many will hate me for supporting them and say well all the time money and work, yea, that's an excuse. They make more than enough money to sell at a price everyone can afford. Someone like me could never see $2000 saved up, being poor is 10000 more expensive in the us and saving that much in certain, many situations is just never possible. The same way god would give $1000 bread to a man who could never afford it, the bread maker would hate him for it but the poor would love him, counterfeiters are the Jesus of the doll industry, selling dolls at a price many poor people who could actually use and need them can afford.

Miyakutsune

How do I clean deep stains on a TPE doll?

Post by Miyakutsune »

I have a doll I acquired from a friend down the street who used it for a display model for his final fantasy cosplay collection. The doll has a dark stain and looks about maybe all the way through her right knee, her fingers have become dark as well and two small dark spots on her right face cheek. I have tried detergent, light warm water and nothing gets it out. How do I get these stains out?

pokitom

Re: How do I clean deep stains on a TPE doll?

Post by pokitom »

Miyakutsune wrote:I have a doll I acquired from a friend down the street who used it for a display model for his final fantasy cosplay collection. The doll has a dark stain and looks about maybe all the way through her right knee, her fingers have become dark as well and two small dark spots on her right face cheek. I have tried detergent, light warm water and nothing gets it out. How do I get these stains out?
acne cream completely removes it. it's like a magnet. it's incredible really.

benzoyl peroxide acne cream. it has to be benzoyl peroxide
it will make it like new

Matta
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Matta »

I need a little clarification here please. With all due respect, are you saying we're not allowed to talk about fakes at all? Even if someone gets ripped off by a vendor that they're not allowed to post about it? They're not allowed to provided photo evidence supporting their claims of a fake and warning others of the site they got scammed on? There is no regulatory agency for this, there is no one enforcing authenticity in these dolls, the doll forum is really the ONLY authority on this matter, and I believe as a community ( TDF, the customers, and the manufacturers) we need to go after anyone that sells even a single fake doll. In support of the customer who probably just lost a couple thousand dollars due to the lonely state of mind they're in, and in support of the manufacturers IP!

Matta
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Matta »

I need some clarification on this please. With all due respect are you saying that if any of your members get scammed they're not allowed to post about it here? Thy're not allowed to call out the cruddy vendor that sold them an expensive knock off doll? You are the only authority on this matter. There is no one else, no where else to go! The doll forum, the customers, and the manufacturers need to come together against anyone that sells even a single fake doll.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Matta wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:02 pm I need a little clarification here please. With all due respect, are you saying we're not allowed to talk about fakes at all? Even if someone gets ripped off by a vendor that they're not allowed to post about it? They're not allowed to provided photo evidence supporting their claims of a fake and warning others of the site they got scammed on? There is no regulatory agency for this, there is no one enforcing authenticity in these dolls, the doll forum is really the ONLY authority on this matter, and I believe as a community ( TDF, the customers, and the manufacturers) we need to go after anyone that sells even a single fake doll. In support of the customer who probably just lost a couple thousand dollars due to the lonely state of mind they're in, and in support of the manufacturers IP!
Matta wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:26 pm I need some clarification on this please. With all due respect are you saying that if any of your members get scammed they're not allowed to post about it here? Thy're not allowed to call out the cruddy vendor that sold them an expensive knock off doll? You are the only authority on this matter. There is no one else, no where else to go! The doll forum, the customers, and the manufacturers need to come together against anyone that sells even a single fake doll.
Hello Matta,

Please review the original post for this topic, quoted:

"TDF Management has noticed an increase in content which promotes or endorses counterfeit dolls.

TDF supports the protection of intellectual property. Please understand that theft of intellectual property is a serious crime. Counterfeiters need buyers. We cannot afford to reward buyers by letting them post about their doll whether they knew, suspected or didn't know it was counterfeit.

Rule 2 of The Rules of Conduct of TDF does not allow posts that appear to condone or endorse illegal activities of any kind. This includes Intellectual Property Theft. Intellectual Property includes the original manufacturers' costly Research and Development as well as the artistic design by the sculptor.

Members of TDF are welcome to post about any dolls they own, unless the doll is determined by TDF staff to be counterfeit, or does not meet our perceived age policy or any other TDF rule. This also applies to dolls listed for sale on TDF and related websites.

If your doll has been ruled in violation, you may appeal our decision if you can present proof that the product is not a copy.

Owners and Management of TDF"

If someone buys and receives a doll that turns out to be a counterfeit knockoff based on a product fielded by and approved manufacturer, i.e., it's stolen intellectual property, then that's something our community should be informed about. Forewarned is forearmed and this is a "buyer beware" situation. What TDF does not accommodate or condone is the promotion or sales of counterfeit dolls. There are inexpensive options from legitimate manufacturers available to those who can't or won't invest over $1K USD in a doll and if they take their chances with an illegal counterfeit then they're gambling and have no legitimate basis for complaining here when they get ripped off.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Matta
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Matta »

OK I think I understand now, written communication can be easily misunderstood. Yet, there are fake dolls going for $1,500 or more now. I spent days doing my research and vetted the site based on info I had read online about how to identify a scam. I have cause to believe I may have just got scammed by a tdf verified vendor. The doll doesn't even have a vaginal cavity, no brand logo on the back of the head, a neck to head connection that the manufacture doesn't use on any of their dolls, and completely wrong dimensions as was advertised on the website! After realizing that I may have been scammed I started checking online to make sure. When I chanced upon the manufactures official website is when I realized their specific head to neck connection they use on all their dolls, and I saw an option to check their official authorized resellers. At that point I realized the website in question was not on that list of authorized resellers. Wish I would have known about that sooner. I will openly admit to being completely naive in the sex doll world as I am a first time buyer, and have never even seen one before I watched the robot doll documentary two weeks ago! I'm in no way, shape, or form supporting the sell of counterfeit dolls, in fact I despise it as much as you do. I just want to make sure that if it is in fact counterfeit and once I can prove it, it's ok to call them out for it? Because there are most likely thousands of people being ripped off for millions of combined dollars!

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Have you tried to address these issues with the vendor?
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Matta
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Matta »

Oh absolutely, that was the first thing I did, and provided them with photos to substantiate my concerns. Just waiting to hear back from them now.

INFORMATIONS