elsababe.com

First impressions of Elsa Babe

Elsa Babe, established in 2017, is committed to research, development, design and production of adult toys and silicone love dolls. Our production team has 20 years of experience in 3D Animation/Game/Film productions and the product designs are led by the well-known Japanese 3D film director. Elsa Babe is the first adult toy manufacturer established by the 3D production team. We are good at concept design, sculpture, 3D modelling, skeleton design and BJD style makeup. You will find Elsa Babe products have a strong Japanese anime style, the product curve and proportion are different from the existing products in the industry. We are both variable and innovative in the product designs due to the 3D production DNA. Elsa Babe ads a refreshing look to the adult toy industry. Website: elsababe.com
Zanarkand

First impressions of Elsa Babe

Post by Zanarkand »

Since discussing this in Sate's thread does not feel like the appropriate place, I'd like to start a new thread to discuss our first impressions of Elsa Babe after seeing Haremlover's and Sate's videos/photos.

Sates can be found here
Haremlovers can be found here

I posted a list of things that I think are flawed from looking at Sate's video, but I'll repost those here:

- The back is damaged at the top and seems to have a massive crease where her left dimple should be
- The shoulders have a major design flaw. It is not clear at this point if this is their actual design, or a issue with this specific doll
- The labia looks quite weird but that may be just opinion, at the very least the top of the labia should have been painted
- Make-up Peeling on her nipples and face, right out of the box
- Her lips do not look nicely finished on the inside, even look a bit like they are deteriorating/peeling
- Her teeth were pretty flawed too, but perhaps thats just a matter of "you get what you pay for"
- That wrist design is pretty weird too but now I'm being picky
- As other people pointed out, the neck/head attachment has issues as well

My biggest concern with all of this is that they shipped the doll in this state. In my opinion it looks like prototype dolls are being shipped/sold at full price right now. I do realise that they are taking feedback and making changes, I love seeing that and I praise Elsa Babe for it. But that is still no excuse to sell dolls with these kind of issues at full price. In my opinion it should be made clear to buyers that if they are currently buying these dolls, they will have issues that are still being worked on.

That brings me to my next concern as well and I hope I can get some kind of response to this from TDF staff. Elsa Babe got listed as an approved manufacturer on TDF before having any good reviews or even a working website (it is still not finished / fully functional today). And now, looking at the state their dolls seem to be in, I wonder how/why that even happened. I can guess, but I don't intend to start some kind of war over here... Just hoping for an explanation/justification for this, perhaps I have missed some crucial information here.

To end things on a positive note:
- I do love seeing them actively taking feedback and making changes
- Their pricing seems pretty fair, so some SMALL flaws can be forgiven
- The dolls look amazing aesthetically

So... Would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this.
Sino - Sanhui 160cm AIO - Review!
Kaori - Aotume 143cm-B - Order page / First photo's
Please visit - The Cosplay Corner!
The Doll Club discord: Click!

Doll Master
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: First impressions of Elsa Babe

Post by Doll Master »

If a doll manufacturer doesn't research the market before designing it's products, then they just won't do well.

They will be making a product that is not competitive.

At this point, unless ElsaBabe starts to focus on a realistic vagina (a lot) I would only consider them photo models with a stylized look. Not sex dolls, and definitely not competitive in the sex doll market.

It's pretty sad, but the truth is if you want a realistic doll, then there are very few options that are affordable on a realism cost basis.

It's like this.

Realistic body (much more money, fewer options)
Realistic vagina (even more money, even fewer options)
Perfect face (less options, and will maybe even have to sacrifice on the first two)

Then there are durability / build quality / lifespan issues to consider.

That's not a good market for consumers, or doll makers.

Currently, in this market there is a hard floor on price if you want realism (and like 3 total manufacturers that have it).

Some of the newest doll makers are trying to add value where the market has failed to provide that value.
But, it's still in the early stages.

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Doll Master wrote:If a doll manufacturer doesn't research the market before designing it's products, then they just won't do well.

They will be making a product that is not competitive.

At this point, unless ElsaBabe starts to focus on a realistic vagina (a lot) I would only consider them photo models with a stylized look. Not sex dolls, and definitely not competitive in the sex doll market.

It's pretty sad, but the truth is if you want a realistic doll, then there are very few options that are affordable on a realism cost basis.

It's like this.

Realistic body (much more money, fewer options)
Realistic vagina (even more money, even fewer options)
Perfect face (less options, and will maybe even have to sacrifice on the first two)

Then there are durability / build quality / lifespan issues to consider.

That's not a good market for consumers, or doll makers.

Currently, in this market there is a hard floor on price if you want realism (and like 3 total manufacturers that have it).

Some of the newest doll makers are trying to add value where the market has failed to provide that value.
But, it's still in the early stages.
Thanks for your contribution. These are all valid points but I would like to say that Elsa Babe is clearly not focussed on realism and I think that is a good thing, so I am not critical about that at all.
Not every brand should focus on realism imo, I think it is nice to have unique and fantasy style dolls that look like dolls instead of trying to look like a real human beings.

Doll Master
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll Master »

Zanarkand wrote:These are all valid points but I would like to
say that Elsa Babe is clearly not focussed on realism
and I think that is a good thing, so I am not critical
about that at all. Not every brand should focus on
realism imo, I think it is nice to have unique and
fantasy style dolls that look like dolls instead of trying
to look like a real human beings.
I think a good fantasy doll would look more like this.
(more realistic while still being a fantasy doll)
A doll that looked like that would explode in popularity
and very quickly put fantasy sex dolls on the map.

ElsaBabe has a great concept, but as a sex doll it's not looking good.

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Doll Master wrote:
Zanarkand wrote:These are all valid points but I would like to
say that Elsa Babe is clearly not focussed on realism
and I think that is a good thing, so I am not critical
about that at all. Not every brand should focus on
realism imo, I think it is nice to have unique and
fantasy style dolls that look like dolls instead of trying
to look like a real human beings.
I think a good fantasy doll would look more like this.
(more realistic while still being a fantasy doll)
A doll that looked like that would explode in popularity
and very quickly put fantasy sex dolls on the map.

ElsaBabe has a great concept, but as a sex doll it's not looking good.
Well I can not and will not argue you on that, since that is purely based on personal preference and opinion. What I meant to say is that some of the issues with Elsa Babe are actual defects and damage that almost any person can agree on, and that is a real problem. Things like body shapes and even vaginal placement are debatable as there might be people that prefer the "incorrect" placement for whatever reason. I must add that I would also like to see better placement on a lot of dolls, but I don't really see that as an actual defect if the manufacturer consciously designs it that way.

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

I think Elsa look great , very cute faces and with some improvements I would consider one in the future.

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Is it your place to make observations when you don’t own an Elsa yourself?

I don’t think so, but maybe tdf disagrees.

About the lip sealant, it’s just that.. sealant for the gloss, and a lot of silicone dolls have the same thing. Just wondering, how many silicone dolls have you owned?

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

stacy718 wrote:Is it your place to make observations when you don’t own an Elsa yourself?

I don’t think so, but maybe tdf disagrees.

About the lip sealant, it’s just that.. sealant for the gloss, and a lot of silicone dolls have the same thing. Just wondering, how many silicone dolls have you owned?
So I am required to go out and buy one for myself before I am allowed to make observations or start a discussion about it... That makes no sense to me.

I kind off expected to be attacked because of how critical I am in my post, but the "you do not own enough dolls to have an opinion" argument kind of baffles me.

I am not sure why you come here to post if you have nothing to contribute. If you think Elsa Babe looks fine as it is then just say that and I'll thank you for sharing your opinion.

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

I did contribute. My contribution is that I disagreed with your starting a thread. I watched the video, and there are areas that need improvement, but starting a negative thread when you don’t even own the doll seems out of line to me.

You put it out there, and I’m entitled to react.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Points made. Let go back on topic, the first impression of Elsa Babe. Thank you!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

For my part, my doll was sent to me to help with manufacturer feedback and more as a prototype than a production doll. I'd hoped of course that this doll would be immediately recommend-ready but found mainly skeleton problems
- uneveness of tightening of joints
- a ball joint that locked up on me and for which loosening instructions have worked. I'm going to be looking more at this and how this develops
- sexual function placement issues
- better design of front foot standing bolts but suggesting a redesign of the back bolt
- superb breasts, soft and realistic
- packaging needs improvement
- her first class flight included access to inflight meals

These problems aren't insuperable and even as she is, would I prefer her or a TPE doll currently in the same price bracket?

I have not found peeling problems. The colouration doesn't extend to the top tip of the vagina but this is for me a minor issue. Interior of mouth includes a fixed tongue mounted on a lingual frenulum - to my knowledge the only doll that goes to this detail. For French kissing I'd like the silicone of the teeth to be hard but apparently for oral sex this is undesirable. Being a doll and not human she is not self adjusting.

Having eased the leg joints, the legs do move so as to provide sexual access, although I have not had the opportunity to make her intimate acquaintance at this stage.

The joint tightness issues are on the manufacturer's radar as are the other matters to which I have drawn attention.

The doll is currently at the lowest end of the price spectrum for a silicone doll. The acid test here is that in this price bracket there's a choice between a TPE doll and a silicone doll. We're looking at a small delay getting over teething difficulties I believe, but were my wife to allow me only one doll in my life were I to have a TPE doll and an Elsa Babe silicone doll which would I choose? The silicone doll.

I haven't taken herbabeship to bed (yet) but know that the silicone is soft enough for her to be comfortable and it's stretchy enough to outlast positions that would strain TPE. My personal intimate comfort is lying on my side with doll facing me, cuddling and inserted and falling asleep. For this her thigh has to be comfortable. And of course it's a position that is really inconvenient for husband and wife to maintain . . . but with a doll it's wonderful. When at some stage I'm able to commune with this toy lady I have high expectations.

The faces have a charm.

In terms of anime idiom, actually were I ever to be fortunate enough for another such lady to want to live with me I'd go for the larger breasts, and even perhaps for the elf head, as Sate's lady. If anyone hasn't come into contact with anime style there are some good examples
on https://balloons.gonflable.org/15-stand ... loon-shape

In the circumstances of consideration above I hope that both members and manufacturer alike can feel that my assessment, advice and thoughts, opinions and reports of what I've found is balanced, helpful and professional.

The bottom line is that when perfection is guaranteed I think Elsa Babe will be charging significantly more, or certainly able to and justifiably.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

haremlover wrote:For my part, my doll was sent to me to help with manufacturer feedback and more as a prototype than a production doll. I'd hoped of course that this doll would be immediately recommend-ready but found mainly skeleton problems
- uneveness of tightening of joints
- a ball joint that locked up on me and for which loosening instructions have worked. I'm going to be looking more at this and how this develops
- sexual function placement issues
- better design of front foot standing bolts but suggesting a redesign of the back bolt
- superb breasts, soft and realistic
- packaging needs improvement
- her first class flight included access to inflight meals

These problems aren't insuperable and even as she is, would I prefer her or a TPE doll currently in the same price bracket?

I have not found peeling problems. The colouration doesn't extend to the top tip of the vagina but this is for me a minor issue. Interior of mouth includes a fixed tongue mounted on a lingual frenulum - to my knowledge the only doll that goes to this detail. For French kissing I'd like the silicone of the teeth to be hard but apparently for oral sex this is undesirable. Being a doll and not human she is not self adjusting.

Having eased the leg joints, the legs do move so as to provide sexual access, although I have not had the opportunity to make her intimate acquaintance at this stage.

The joint tightness issues are on the manufacturer's radar as are the other matters to which I have drawn attention.

The doll is currently at the lowest end of the price spectrum for a silicone doll. The acid test here is that in this price bracket there's a choice between a TPE doll and a silicone doll. We're looking at a small delay getting over teething difficulties I believe, but were my wife to allow me only one doll in my life were I to have a TPE doll and an Elsa Babe silicone doll which would I choose? The silicone doll.

I haven't taken herbabeship to bed (yet) but know that the silicone is soft enough for her to be comfortable and it's stretchy enough to outlast positions that would strain TPE. My personal intimate comfort is lying on my side with doll facing me, cuddling and inserted and falling asleep. For this her thigh has to be comfortable. And of course it's a position that is really inconvenient for husband and wife to maintain . . . but with a doll it's wonderful. When at some stage I'm able to commune with this toy lady I have high expectations.

The faces have a charm.

In terms of anime idiom, actually were I ever to be fortunate enough for another such lady to want to live with me I'd go for the larger breasts, and even perhaps for the elf head, as Sate's lady. If anyone hasn't come into contact with anime style there are some good examples

In the circumstances of consideration above I hope that both members and manufacturer alike can feel that my assessment, advice and thoughts, opinions and reports of what I've found is balanced, helpful and professional.

The bottom line is that when perfection is guaranteed I think Elsa Babe will be charging significantly more, or certainly able to and justifiably.

Best wishes

Harem
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think your video and comments have been very fair so far. You've been critical of major issues, but at the same time accepting of some smaller imperfections since they are offering silicone dolls in a lower price range, that seems reasonable.
Can I ask if yours had the same low shoulder joints as Sate's? I am wondering if that is by design or just a mistake with that particular doll.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I haven't seen Sate's review yet but my lady's shoulder joints were so stiff I didn't know I could move them! Luckily they are in a good position.

Stiff shoulder joints caused me problems on another doll and real difficulties when doing a review. However, luckily a friend came and helped me a bit and the joint moved for him. This was explained on https://youtu.be/fE2Z1SajL4c?t=815 and I've just seen my mistake on the opening caption . . . and that doll https://youtu.be/fE2Z1SajL4c?t=1246 had eaten too much on her journey too . . . Here she is with worryingly low shoulders https://youtu.be/fE2Z1SajL4c?t=461 It took me ages to edit that video and put it together in a balanced way, and a good example of what I mean by having to take time to get to know the doll.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I can confirm that my Elsa lady does not have the two deep furrows on her lower back but has two small dimples as one might expect. My lady's joints after recommended exercise are fine. The silicone is soft enough for her bum to be appropriately squidged when lying on her back under her own weight. She is soft but not as soft as Sinodoll.

With the manufacturer's consciousness of what Sate and I have found I believe this doll to be recommendable and give a lot of pleasure, and especially for the price.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

I agree with the criticisms on this thread after watching sates video. Hopefully Elsa babe will adress these issues . Would be nice if they responded to this thread publicly given that they are active on this forum.

INFORMATIONS