https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Diary of a Tiny Minx Maker

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Diary of a Tiny Minx Maker

Post by ShadowFun »

Space… the Final Frontier!

Now the Minxes have truly taken over my house!

Until now, I’ve resisted building any sets for the Minxes in my basement. But with Minoo and the coming story, I need more space than I can find in my regular living quarters. The objective is to make a “shooting set” of Minoo’s lair, not a permanent location. Plus, her lair needs to appear to be somewhere other than inside the Minx Mansion. The basement is gonna have to do.

I spend a lot of time in my basement… but it’s not finished, just functional. Visually, it’s a cluttered up nightmare. There are shelves full of boxes and crap on every wall. I rely on my basement to store and provide a workspace for all the various aspects of my life. Making any kind of “permanent” set for the Minxes here is not practical.

But I can block access to some crap for a bit. It’ll be just a few months… right???

Lair Space 1.JPG
Lair Space 1.JPG (2.81 MiB) Viewed 353 times
Lair Space 2.JPG
Lair Space 2.JPG (3.24 MiB) Viewed 353 times

The Cuteness Lair takes shape…

I scored this cute pink blanket at the thrift store the other day. It’s gonna be perfect for providing the background and base for Minoo’s lair. I’m hoping this blanket will be the only “new” purchase I’ll make to put together her set. I’m trying to stay with a low budget production and use many things I own already.

I’m grateful that my creative vision for the Minx Universe has them living in the same world as us “big” people. 1/6 scale set items can rapidly add up to huge expenses. I’m a little surprised that I ended up here. When I was younger, building dioramas for my scale models was a passion of mine… and scale details were everything.

This is likely to be the only Diary post of the Lair creation. I want to save any other details for the the actual story shoots. Treating this set as temporary also serves another function, my basement is a terrible place to show off and enjoy my lovely Minxes.

Minoo, Elsa and Dolly won’t be living in the basement with the centipedes!

They are too gorgeous to stay down there. I have multiple display shelves throughout my house. When the Cult of Cute isn’t “on set” shooting their tale, they will be prominently displaying their charms for me… probably next to some shoes… :whistle:

Thanks for dropping in!

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

The 'Cuteness Lair' is pink. Awe, how cute. :drinking:

:haha4:
L✰neR✯nger

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Thanks for sharing. It's always interesting to know what goes on behind the scenes... :thumbs_up: :glou:
Xycolo dolls :
Hadaly : viewtopic.php?f=525&t=145037
Yumi :viewtopic.php?f=525&t=149127
Cindy :viewtopic.php?t=164358
Geena : viewtopic.php?t=173044

Victor's Mini-Dolls : viewtopic.php?f=64&t=148602

We are happier by the passion we have than by the one we give
François de La Rochefoucauld

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Well, at least someone likes your boy-toy...

"Abs..."

Photo_1712629325970.jpg
Photo_1712629325970.jpg (8.19 MiB) Viewed 286 times
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

LoneRanger wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:30 am The 'Cuteness Lair' is pink. Awe, how cute. :drinking:
Oh, and it’s gonna get more cuteness-ier soonish… just you wait and see! 😘

Vicvic wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:25 pm Thanks for sharing. It's always interesting to know what goes on behind the scenes... :thumbs_up:

Thanks Victor! You know, I’d love to see some behind the scenes photos of your setups too!

agent0013 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:26 pm Well, at least someone likes your boy-toy...

:haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

I see Glissa is making proper use of their computer… lol.

Tinkerbell Advances Lustily

Tinkerbell Advances 1.JPG
Tinkerbell Advances 1.JPG (3.32 MiB) Viewed 263 times

While I take a small creative break from Minoo and her minions, I decided to work on Tinkerbell.

First, I swapped her onto the new S40 body I bought specifically for her. I’ve already modified her feet and gave them some needle bones. I’m not certain yet, but I think I’m gonna make some pointy green slippers for her. Tinkerbell is typically not portrayed as barefoot… and creating slippers will be a new tinkering challenge anyway.

To modify the bodice of her dress, I went back to my new-found friend, fabric glue. A simple snip down the center… fold over and gluing… and I had the look I was after.

A dress that barely contains her huge assets! 😍

Tinkerbell Advances 2.JPG
Tinkerbell Advances 2.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 263 times
Tinkerbell Advances 3.JPG
Tinkerbell Advances 3.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 263 times

Now she needed some panties.

As much as I’d like to leave her naked under her dress… she’s got nothing to show down there. As mentioned, the S40 comes with no “secret parts” detailing. Since Tinkerbell’s skirt hides this area pretty effectively, I don’t want to waste a ton of effort trying to create something like I did on Sky’s body. Panties will be fine.

I don’t have a lot of green fabric to make stuff with. This morning, I remembered that the “Poison Ivy” Super Hero girl came with a green jumper. I’ve got three of these in my stash. I pulled out one and cut it up to make some “boy shorts” for Tink.

After gluing up the hems, they were ready to sqeeeeeze over Tink’s beautiful ass…😘

Tinkerbell Advances 4.jpg
Tinkerbell Advances 4.jpg (3.89 MiB) Viewed 263 times
CC7DFA78-13CC-42FA-A392-0B2CCF75A6E5.gif
CC7DFA78-13CC-42FA-A392-0B2CCF75A6E5.gif (11.32 MiB) Viewed 263 times

Once on, I glued the front up of the panties. These are only coming off if you cut them off… lol.

Overall, I’m pleased with this morning’s progress on Tinkerbell. I work on Sundays, and accomplishing anything in the morning before I have to leave for work is always a big victory!

Thanks for dropping by everyone!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Tink is coming along well!

Those shorts looked so boring in your hands but the end result looks amazing! I've never used fabric glue on an item on a doll. Now that it's had time to dry, any issues? I'd be concerned that it would soak through the fabric and have a reaction with the TPE while it's wet that it wouldn't have while dry, or just stick to her!

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

agent0013 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:57 pm Tink is coming along well!

Those shorts looked so boring in your hands but the end result looks amazing! I've never used fabric glue on an item on a doll. Now that it's had time to dry, any issues? I'd be concerned that it would soak through the fabric and have a reaction with the TPE while it's wet that it wouldn't have while dry, or just stick to her!
“Why are you so interested in my ass? Aren’t my tits distracting enough???”

Tinkerbell Advances 5.JPG
Tinkerbell Advances 5.JPG (3.96 MiB) Viewed 211 times

Been a full 24 hours on her, no sticking, staining or any kind of damage!

As I mentioned, my glue is a bit old. It’s lost most of its fluidness, and kinda comes out almost as a paste. Of course, I can’t remember what it was like when it was fresh anymore. It seems to dry almost immediately. I put the panties on Tink about 20 minutes after gluing them up.

Your concerns about adverse reactions are definitely warranted. Just a reminder for those of you new to tinkering with TPE dolls, most products that have silicone or related chemicals in them will MELT the TPE they come into contact with.

Experiment with new glues and such very carefully!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

ShadowFun wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:03 am
“Why are you so interested in my ass? Aren’t my tits distracting enough???”
My dear, you are full of distractions and that pose shows off so many of them! From your strikingly beautiful face and lovely elven ears, down those long, long legs and so much more in between!

Nice! I'd say if there's been no problems by now you're in the clear!

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Uh-oh… a new minion is discovered!

Evie 💜

IMG_1366.jpeg
IMG_1366.jpeg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 171 times

This is what happens when there’s 10 minutes of unaccounted for time available before leaving for work… :whistle:

So now that Tink has her own body, Sky’s body was just sitting around. A while ago I picked up a Disney “Evie” doll and took off her head to use on one of the Super Hero girl bodies. The Evie head is just a little too small tho, and fits poorly at the neck.

This morning, after popping Evie’s head onto Sky’s body… I was instantly in love! I quickly ordered up an S50A body from Giantoy. Hopefully, it’ll be here in about 10 days.

Minoo’s minion crew is growing!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

More early morning creations!

A New Forest Friend

IMG_1369.jpeg
IMG_1369.jpeg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 150 times

Sky’s unattended body is sure leading to some interesting mashups… :whistle:

Some of you may recall, but late in 2022, I was planning on creating a “Dark Elf” Dragon Lancer. I ordered a black body from the TBLeague “Bastet” set and an unpainted horned head. Here’s a link to that post…

viewtopic.php?p=2251933#p2251933

Unfortunately, she never progressed any further along.

Now… painting woes aside, the primary holdup was the head being too small for the body. The Bastet body is one of the new “bigger” girls, and other than her skin color, is identical to an S47 body.

Recently , Phicen released new darker skin tones of ALL their bodies. I ordered a “black-skinned” version of Sky’s body, the S40D, for my new Forest friend this morning.

She’ll use the cat clawed hands I got from the Bastet set… and she’s got seamless feet. After that, there’s only one obstacle…

PAINTING!!! 😵‍💫

Thanks for dropping in!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

YES! Do something with that head! It's so awesome! I remember seeing it before! Do you need me to start bugging you about it until you paint it just to get me to shut up? Because I'm here for you, buddy! :mrgreen: I'm curious, would you buy a wig and cut it to fit around the horns or leave her bald?

And thanks for the note on what mold Bastet's body is. I've always wondered and now it's going on the spreadsheet!

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

agent0013 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:00 pm YES! Do something with that head! It's so awesome! I remember seeing it before! Do you need me to start bugging you about it until you paint it just to get me to shut up? Because I'm here for you, buddy! :mrgreen: I'm curious, would you buy a wig and cut it to fit around the horns or leave her bald?

And thanks for the note on what mold Bastet's body is. I've always wondered and now it's going on the spreadsheet!
Oh, the painting will be starting soonish… B & Z will need to get outside in their new blue Bugaloo!

I searched back a bit and it looks like I didn’t post anything more about this headsculpt since the one I linked above… after I ordered it.

It’s actually quite lovely

BD604374-FBAE-4F0A-BCE4-45981096E111.gif
BD604374-FBAE-4F0A-BCE4-45981096E111.gif (21.16 MiB) Viewed 125 times

I will definitely be giving her hair!

Of course, until I receive her body, no painting can be done. On a side note, this will give me an opportunity to directly compare the new “black-skinned” Phicen color to the black Bastet body. My suspicion is that the Bastet body is more of a true black color than a skin tone.

My biggest anxiety about taking her to the Forest is about breaking her delicate ears! Her head is resin cast, not vinyl… and the material seems harder and possibly more brittle. Of course, it might not be, but I’m not gonna test that out on purpose! Fortunately, her horns do a great job of shielding her ears. I’m hoping that whatever hair I give her will also help.

Overall, I may try and carry her with more preparation and caution. Cedar has proven to be quite the trooper, and has been perfectly happy with our rough and ready approach to playing in the Forest. I don’t want to stray too far from this formula. My recent excursions with Sky have shown me that dolls with too much complexity… and too much that can get messed up… will cramp our FUN.

Ok, that’s all for now… gotta wait for the slooooooow boat to arrive!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

ShadowFun wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:32 pm Of course, until I receive her body, no painting can be done. On a side note, this will give me an opportunity to directly compare the new “black-skinned” Phicen color to the black Bastet body. My suspicion is that the Bastet body is more of a true black color than a skin tone.

My biggest anxiety about taking her to the Forest is about breaking her delicate ears! Her head is resin cast, not vinyl… and the material seems harder and possibly more brittle. Of course, it might not be, but I’m not gonna test that out on purpose! Fortunately, her horns do a great job of shielding her ears. I’m hoping that whatever hair I give her will also help.

Overall, I may try and carry her with more preparation and caution. Cedar has proven to be quite the trooper, and has been perfectly happy with our rough and ready approach to playing in the Forest. I don’t want to stray too far from this formula. My recent excursions with Sky have shown me that dolls with too much complexity… and too much that can get messed up… will cramp our FUN.

Ok, that’s all for now… gotta wait for the slooooooow boat to arrive! [/i]
That head is downright epic! Pointy ears is my preferred fantasy head adornment, but horns is second. And she's got both!

Bald could look fine, but hair will definitely look better. I think you've made the right choice!

Heh. I was going to mention when I replied to your PM later that you should definitely hold on to the Bastet body until that comparison has been made! For Science!

I think we spoke about this in the past and if memory serves you plan to get some stickers for her eyes? If you find a source for that I'd love to know. Depending on the route I go for Project Mini Drow I may need to find some for that, but I'm still eyeing up those Fire Girl HS with the moveable eyes.

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

agent0013 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:52 pm I think we spoke about this in the past and if memory serves you plan to get some stickers for her eyes? If you find a source for that I'd love to know. Depending on the route I go for Project Mini Drow I may need to find some for that, but I'm still eyeing up those Fire Girl HS with the moveable eyes.
Not stickers… waterslide decals!

D46B0C12-45E3-4FAB-84EA-3C48C2E6B843.jpeg
D46B0C12-45E3-4FAB-84EA-3C48C2E6B843.jpeg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 99 times

I ordered this sheet of irises from Bad Mother Tattoos and Customs on eBay.

This is the same company that prints the tattoos I’ve been using on several doll lately. As you can see, I’ve yet to try the irises on anything. The nice thing about having such a big sheet, is that I’ll have plenty to practice with.

Ok, I’m excited about this project too, but enough talking about her for now. Nothing can be done until her body arrives.

Waiting is torture!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Oh, nice! I didn't realize you'd figured out this problem already! I've bookmarked that site.

I think part of what I love about this head is how extreme it is in two different ways. While scrolling through the Topic Review window below the reply text box it really helped highlight this.

Face.png
Face.png (312.29 KiB) Viewed 79 times

Well, what a cute, rounded face that is! She's very sweet. Clearly this is a kind elf or nymph!

horns.png
horns.png (307.46 KiB) Viewed 79 times

Hah! Nope! Powerful demon! You'd better hope she's a succubus! :evilbat:

Follow us on Twitter!

INFORMATIONS