betterlovedoll.com

Request account restrictions removal

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
manonfire2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Request account restrictions removal

Post by manonfire2 »

Hi guys

I would like the account restrictions removed on my account please if that's ok. I saw this in the newbie post info:

> 5) Newly registered users who have not met the minimum posts, may request management to remove their account restrictions.

I'd like to make a sale of a WM Doll I purchased a few months ago that I would like to pass on to a good home. Legit seller and chill dude.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Request account restrictions removal

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, as a basic mod I can't remove account restrictions but to be honest it's really easy to meet the criteria of 5 meaningful posts. All you have to do is look through a few sections and leave a comment, not just a single word like 'great' or whatever. Once done you will have access to the sales template that must be used for any sales on the forum. We have these restrictions in place to reduce the risk of spammers etc. Hope that helps.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

We receive requests like this now and then. We are sorry, we don't do this.

Please know that TDF is here for doll enthusiasts and by doll enthusiasts. TDF is not a sales platform like eBay. The For Sale section is on TDF for the convenience of contributing members to be able to sell a doll they own (and it's for free).

Also, like Arthur1960 said, it's quite easy to contribute, to make five meaningful posts.

P.S. The statement "5) Newly registered users who have not met the minimum posts, may request management to remove their account restrictions." was posted in 2010, it also says "This will be done at the discretion of management on a case by case basis."
This is still being decided on a case by case basis. Although there are some circumstances in which we will decide to lift newbie restrictions, these are exceptions.

manonfire2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manonfire2 »

Thanks guys, yea I get it. I am an enthusiast, I just don't have a lot of time to pour into online stuff. But I do appreciate it.

INFORMATIONS