Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

New Sense X insert by Abyss creations

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: New Sense X insert by Abyss creations

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Brick wrote:
mrdudeguyman wrote:Combined with the animatronic head, this device is a home run. It's the first time I've actually been excited about RealDoll's robotic work, and that's because it focuses on something sexual. No offense and not to downgrade Abyss's awesome work, but the sexual side is what I want these things to move more toward. It's where I thought it would've been moving toward from the beginning, to be honest. It just makes too much sense given what these items are and the main consumer of them.

I hope someday for a lighter body (my dream is under 50 lbs, but I know that's crazy right now) with all of RealDoll X's technology AND sexual movement like this (or better):

https://www.sedoll.com/show-158-sex-bot

Someday.
Silicone is much denser and heavier than TPE.
Right. Of course, weight has relative comparisons despite material differences, but density is definitely different and can be an issue when it comes to how mass is distributed with some areas more dense than others when taking into account an entire body.

The heaviest moving doll SE sells is 79.36 lbs (36kg) according to the site. I'm not sure what RealDoll's lightest doll is, but Abyss would have to create a new line to do this.

Brick

Post by Brick »

mrdudeguyman wrote:
Brick wrote:
mrdudeguyman wrote:Combined with the animatronic head, this device is a home run. It's the first time I've actually been excited about RealDoll's robotic work, and that's because it focuses on something sexual. No offense and not to downgrade Abyss's awesome work, but the sexual side is what I want these things to move more toward. It's where I thought it would've been moving toward from the beginning, to be honest. It just makes too much sense given what these items are and the main consumer of them.

I hope someday for a lighter body (my dream is under 50 lbs, but I know that's crazy right now) with all of RealDoll X's technology AND sexual movement like this (or better):

https://www.sedoll.com/show-158-sex-bot

Someday.
Silicone is much denser and heavier than TPE.
Right. Of course, weight has relative comparisons despite material differences, but density is definitely different and can be an issue when it comes to how mass is distributed with some areas more dense than others when taking into account an entire body.

The heaviest moving doll SE sells is 79.36 lbs (36kg) according to the site. I'm not sure what RealDoll's lightest doll is, but Abyss would have to create a new line to do this.
Density is everything with robotic movement. Its all about the flexibility in the material the servo's are animating and not just the frame. TPE is much more flexible than silicone and the frame is the heaviest component in a TPE doll. Whereas silicone is the heaviest in a Realdoll. Moving the frame and a rigid covering and making the behaviors believable is much more difficult than you think. Realbotix is wrestling with this problem as we speak...
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Brick wrote:
Density is everything with robotic movement. Its all about the flexibility in the material the servo's are animating and not just the frame. TPE is much more flexible than silicone and the frame is the heaviest component in a TPE doll. Whereas silicone is the heaviest in a Realdoll. Moving the frame and a rigid covering and making the behaviors believable is much more difficult than you think. Realbotix is wrestling with this problem as we speak...
What do I think exactly, lol? The issue you raised in the previous post is something I actually agreed with, which is why I said they would have to create a new line for this... if I thought it were just an easy addition I would be asking for it to be used in their current designs...

In any case, it's good to know they are working on this. I still think that's where they should've started from the beginning and focused everything into that area. The AI stuff is a longer-term project. Having a programming background, I know AI is not an easy thing to program well, especially the kind they're working on. It's definitely gotten better, but it's something that's been developed by many companies for a long time now and nobody has hit the sweet spot yet, and that's probably after billions have been spent collectively over the years. Just seems like a no-brainer for RD to make it react to sexual stimulation rather than trying to make it react to the varied intricacies of a human conversation. I mean, keep working on that for sure, but the sexual stuff is going to appeal to a way larger audience.

Brick

Post by Brick »

mrdudeguyman wrote:
Brick wrote:
What do I think exactly, lol? The issue you raised in the previous post is something I actually agreed with, which is why I said they would have to create a new line for this... if I thought it were just an easy addition I would be asking for it to be used in their current designs...

In any case, it's good to know they are working on this. I still think that's where they should've started from the beginning and focused everything into that area. The AI stuff is a longer-term project. Having a programming background, I know AI is not an easy thing to program well, especially the kind they're working on. It's definitely gotten better, but it's something that's been developed by many companies for a long time now and nobody has hit the sweet spot yet, and that's probably after billions have been spent collectively over the years. Just seems like a no-brainer for RD to make it react to sexual stimulation rather than trying to make it react to the varied intricacies of a human conversation. I mean, keep working on that for sure, but the sexual stuff is going to appeal to a way larger audience.
Actually, you have it backwards. Mechanical movement that mimics human movement in a sexual situation, with a body that resembles the human form is much more difficult than the AI. I have talked to numerous Eect/Mech engineers and they tell me the AI is the easy part. Funny, its always software versus hardware...

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Brick wrote: Actually, you have it backwards. Mechanical movement that mimics human movement in a sexual situation, with a body that resembles the human form is much more difficult than the AI.
Except, that's not my contention. I'm fine with rudimentary movement. I think most people would be because they realize it's a robot and not a real human. Any time video of moving sex dolls has been shown (and I'm going back as far as 2004/5 when Andy Droid was doing it) people have gotten excited and those are really crude movements being shown. I wish I still had the videos of the Real Doll Actuator, but that was another example of how excited people were to see a moving doll and that certainly didn't look human.
Brick wrote: I have talked to numerous Eect/Mech engineers and they tell me the AI is the easy part. Funny, its always software versus hardware...
But they don't program at the same level that a software engineer does, so it's hard for them to understand what goes into it at higher levels. The type of programming mechanical engineers do is basic, even the AI they program is beginner level by comparison. When I worked with EA Sports, the game I worked on had a huge team of people who worked just on AI for animations, another huge team worked on AI for individualized character decision processes, and another for working on the logic for commentary, and the teams grew every year to the point that they spanned offices in two states. We're talking millions of lines of code. Then we had a huge beta testing team that had to log thousands of hours to make sure it was all working right and even that wasn't enough to catch all the bugs.

citris
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by citris »

I have just learned about the new SenseX insert and would like to try it.
However I am concerned about how to clean it. The procedure I have been using to clean my standard insert has is to wash it and dry it. Then before using it microwave it in submerged in water to sterilize it completely. The silicone material is heat resistant and it is not damaged at all. Also it warms the device making it more pleasant to use.
However I doubt this new electronic device will withstand that procedure unless the electronics can be detached from the rest. So how do we clean this new one? And how to warm it? Please give your feedback on this. Thanks.

Brick

Post by Brick »

citris wrote:I have just learned about the new SenseX insert and would like to try it.
However I am concerned about how to clean it. The procedure I have been using to clean my standard insert has is to wash it and dry it. Then before using it microwave it in submerged in water to sterilize it completely. The silicone material is heat resistant and it is not damaged at all. Also it warms the device making it more pleasant to use.
However I doubt this new electronic device will withstand that procedure unless the electronics can be detached from the rest. So how do we clean this new one? And how to warm it? Please give your feedback on this. Thanks.
Soap and water to clean it and a bowl of warm water to heat it up before use..

tigertailz69
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tigertailz69 »

Couldn't you have a silicone robotic head with an animated tpe body maybe..?

Brick

Post by Brick »

tigertailz69 wrote:Couldn't you have a silicone robotic head with an animated tpe body maybe..?
No, the neck attachment is all wrong and Silicone and TPE dont blend well together...

tigertailz69
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tigertailz69 »

I understand, but it has been done by other brands I am unable to post a comparison due to TDF rules.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Hi tigertailz,
We have at least one member (Mishka1965) who has made adapters for a Silicone/TPE heads to use with Silicone/TPE bodies. But I haven't seen anyone do it with a Realdoll. viewtopic.php?f=102&t=86200
FYI... you can post your comparison in Dolls in General.

tigertailz69
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tigertailz69 »

Thanks, can I link to post that shows a example of a silicone head on a tpe body made by another brand?
ie : https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... a#p1713738 she is lovely... I love your website by the way Brick.

Swan

Post by Swan »

tigertailz69 wrote:Thanks, can I link to post that shows a example of a silicone head on a tpe body made by another brand?
If it is a TDF link like your example... Yes

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Doll Wizard wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:14 pm I was wondering if anybody has bought the Sense X Vaginal insert? If so how is it? I’m sure Brick would have the 411 on this new product. Sounds kind of cool!

Side note my doll is in the make up chair so I must be getting close???? Although she’s been in the chair for about 3 weeks.... Excited to see what Stephanie Body F with 1X cup size larger looks like live and in person!!!!
I have had two so far and they are absolute shit. The first one died after literally two days, and I got a replacement. It lasted a week. And it would be nice if RealDoll had at least some support material on their website, or responded to emails.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

Doll Wizard
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Doll Wizard »

Wow that’s a bummer. Good to know

INFORMATIONS