www.textiledoll.com

Emma

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
svevo

Re: Emma

Post by svevo »

Diaval wrote:Well, my Textile Doll lady is due to arrive today! So I am anticipating her arrival. As of now I am between names on keeping her name of Linda, but changing the spelling to Lynda, and Lydia. So far Lynda is sticking, but I am liking the sound of Lydia more and more. So we will see. Come tomorrow (Friday), I have three new outfits coming especially for her. Ironically I didn't get a mermaid dress, but I did get a bodycon outfit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WN ... UTF8&psc=1

It is a two piece outfit and with pantyhose on, it will protect most of her body. In the same vein of good top coverage, I am also getting this outfit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0816 ... UTF8&psc=1

I LOVE the high cut legs on that outfit and it would certainly look good with pantyhose. The last outfit is a nice bell sleeve top:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084V ... UTF8&psc=1

It's very pretty and it conveniently has a nice tie belt. So that would cinch the waist in.

I know you are thinking why just plain white for all outfits? Well, these initial outfits I intend as a protective layer. I am very wary of clothing staining and even though it doesn't happen too much with fabric dolls, I have seen cases of it. White, or any lighter color like yellow, ivory light blue, and pink generally will not stain. Out of those three outfits, white was the only light option with the exception of the leotard. That was available in a bright yellow and I didn't like it. Another good thing about these outfits being white is I can layer them by putting something much darker on top. In the event there is a color transfer, I would just have to remove the lower garment and toss it in the wash.

In terms of staining, I do know that with a fabric doll, if you wash the questionable clothing item first and then only have it on the doll a short time, there shouldn't be a problem with darker clothing. Supposedly the worst colors are black, blue, purple and red. There is a test that one can do as well to check. I have found that most dark high quality pantyhose is fine. But I do like a tan colored pantyhose as that gives a fabric doll's legs some color.

Anyway, I just figured I would give you a heads up and that my new fabric princess is on her way!
More nice clothes :thumbs_up: She's going to feel right at home.
If it helps to know, I've never had any problem with any clothes staining with Emma. The closest I came was putting her in a new (unwashed) red dyed fabric bodycon dress, in which she then spent the night in bed with me.
Some red dye stain transferred into the white cotton bed sheets, but not to her :o
I washed the dress a couple of times before I put her in it again though, just to be sure. :lol:
Generally if I buy darker colours I look for printed fabrics rather than dyed. That way even the tpe girl can wear the clothes too, no problem.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Emma

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote:
More nice clothes :thumbs_up: She's going to feel right at home.
If it helps to know, I've never had any problem with any clothes staining with Emma. The closest I came was putting her in a new (unwashed) red dyed fabric bodycon dress, in which she then spent the night in bed with me.
Yes, I know that fabric dolls do not have the wicking effect that the skin does on TPE and Silicone dolls. However, I have read about others that have bought really cheap clothing and the dye CAN transfer to the doll. Also, I don't always get a chance to wash something new right away. But if it is darker, then yes, I do it.
Some red dye stain transferred into the white cotton bed sheets, but not to her :o
I washed the dress a couple of times before I put her in it again though, just to be sure. :lol:
The only time I had an issue was with a red top that passed the water (moisture) test, but not the alcohol test. Washing it helped, but if I put alcohol on it, some of the red still comes off. However, I have not had any issues with the top on the doll. Almost every other item of clothing I bought...even the black items, passed the test. Well made pantyhose also doesn't seem to have an issue...even with black. But some of the fancier designed (but cheaper) black bodysuits I have a nude full bodysuit on underneath.
Generally if I buy darker colours I look for printed fabrics rather than dyed. That way even the tpe girl can wear the clothes too, no problem.
Yes, I have noticed that the printed fabrics have the print on one side, and the inside is usually a white material. I don't think these stain either. I have a swing dress like this for Eryka. But it is mostly a cream color with colorful butterflies printed on it.

I just would be extra careful with TPE dolls as they are stain magnets!

Well, tonight I will be unboxing her and just checking for condition. Her clothes isn't going to come until Saturday, but I am sure some of Eryka's outfits will fit.

I will be posting a review once I to through the motions with the new doll.

D

INFORMATIONS