www.wmdolls.com

Calling All Male Doll Lovers!

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: In a dollman-sion. Housed with dolls. With ash remains of two dearly departed and a live parrot.

Re: Calling All Male Doll Lovers!

Post by Z-Dollman »

"The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM": (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Woah, they are so cool! I joined Den of Angels a while back. I need to revisit. Thank you for the other doll brands mention out there. I will definitely take a look at their line.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowCat wrote:Hi everybody!

Just my two cents on a few things that came up in this thread:
Handling the WEIGHT of male dolls. I have a difficult time lifting Luca for even very short periods of time, to say nothing of moving him. I have a patient lift to do that work for me. A patient lift is a machine used to lift, lower or move disabled people. A good one is not really that expensive and it will certainly save my back in the long run. I sold my first doll- a male Real Doll- mostly because he was much to heavy for me to deal with. Luca is lighter and shorter.

Lack of very masculine dolls.
There are a few more masculine dolls around then there used to be. (yes, weight is again a factor). This works in my favor, though. Being an anime fan, I like pretty boys.
The weight of male dolls is a big issue. I have talked to a lot of vendors about this and I just kind of get the "Meh" vibe. Mainly because the manufacturers aren't going to do anything about it.

I considered looking for a patient lift but really do not want to have to figure out how to store it and get it around the house. But I do have a wheel chair, a standing frame that can be attached to a dolly, a lift board in case the doll is down I can use a pivot and get the doll up with less force on my part, and a work table that I and attach the lift board to. So no straining to get the doll on horizontal raised surface.

Yeah I really like manly men and the dolls just aren't. So I figured out how to man up these boy looking dolls. LOL!!! The wider jawline is super easy and is a quick fix for the most effeminate of dolls. If you ever want to try it message me and I will walk you through the process.
I'm gonna talk about BJD's, since muesky asked a question on another thread.
The premier site for info on everything BJD is the forum "Den of Angels." There is a ton of companies, vendors, artists, etc. There is also a great variety in the style of dolls available and people customize BJD's as well. I can only really mention the companies I have dealt with. I would suggest looking around for the style of doll you like, finding out who makes or sells it, then checking with the forum. Really, the same thing I did when looking for Luca.
So that is the next thing on my agenda, is joining "Den of Angels". I have so many really cool ideas with the BJDs. Very much appreciate the heads up about vetting vendors and companies. Getting Xiel was a nightmare, and although Agares was much easier, it's been almost 3 months and I still don't have all the stuff I ordered. *Sigh* Live and learn.
Here are my BJD's:

1. Hao Tian. He is a dragon spirit, hence the clawed hands. Brand is Loong Soul. I got him through an ebay seller (jeeryama) licensed to sell the brand. He is my favorite BJD.
2. Setsu. Samurai (he was semi-customized from a base doll to resemble the character of the same name from a show called "Thunderbolt Fantasy"). Brand is Ringdoll. Brought directly from Ringdoll.com.
3. Mikazuki. Samurai (official licensed character doll from the game/anime, "Touken Ranbu Online."). Brand is Dolk. Brought directly from Dolkus.com.
( I do believe that Iplehouse is legit and the brand Granado is vinyl instead of resin).
Thank you for showing your dolls. They are lovely! I also appreciate all the information because it lets me know I have a lot more to research about BJDs. :lol: It sounds like they will be fun to learn about.
Again thank you!
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Dang, so I hope you all have had a good week. This week has been a rough one, hence why I have been MIA. Two 12 hours work days this week and of course the elections, did not for a well Muesky make... JS

But today I only had to work 1/2 day, so I spent the rest of the day acquiring stuff for the guys (sadly it may have been a bit of retail therapy :whistle:). I mainly went shopping for the guys, since they needed winter clothes. Dang, I love me some thrift stores. Got 8 long sleeve shirts, couple more pairs of jammie pants, a sexy black almost see through shirt w/ruffles, pair a AE jeans and a cool black denim jean jacket for Agares, and a really nice linen pant and shirt set for Xiel. All that for about $75... I may have to get Xiel out of bed and dress him in his new duds and take a few pictures. I mean a man in linen is elegant and hot..

Honestly I am getting impatient with getting Agares' mods done. Was hoping to be done with the major stuff by now, like ears, hair punched in, but best laid plans and all.. Still waiting on Xiel's wig to get in before punching in his goatee, don't want to start punching in hair that doesn't match the wig, that would suck.. Still need to get the weird head redone, then I will start on Cleo. Admittedly I am getting antsy to start her aging process.

So who do I talk to about getting 5 hours extra added to my day? Cuz I really need it... LOL!!!
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: In a dollman-sion. Housed with dolls. With ash remains of two dearly departed and a live parrot.

Post by Z-Dollman »

On my new YouTube channel, I'll be covering many things INCLUDING how to move/transport heavy dolls.

I have osteoarthritis, so moving my dolls is tough for me too, even though my dolls are almost all lightweight (I only have one thats over 100lbs).

I think this is a VERY common issue with male dolls especially and there are many unconventional ways to store and transport them.

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

I went to shop at a craft store and got some new nautical things for my bedroom.

I CANNOT wait to show off my new showplace.

I'm calling it my "Dollmansion" hehe.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

muesky6969 wrote:
So that is the next thing on my agenda, is joining "Den of Angels". I have so many really cool ideas with the BJDs. Very much appreciate the heads up about vetting vendors and companies. Getting Xiel was a nightmare, and although Agares was much easier, it's been almost 3 months and I still don't have all the stuff I ordered. *Sigh* Live and learn.
Yeah, the wait for a new BJD can be quite long because some companies make it after you order, rather than having them “in stock.” Loong Soul items (from China) always take 6 months or more, but their craftsmanship is phenomenal, so I wait. It depends on the company. My Smartdoll items (Japan) take far less time because the company will make a batch before they sell, so their stuff is “in stock.”
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ZiggyDollGuy wrote:I went to shop at a craft store and got some new nautical things for my bedroom.

I CANNOT wait to show off my new showplace.

I'm calling it my "Dollmansion" hehe.
You will have to let us know when you post your next video.

The nautical theme sounds really nice. You should get yourself one of those sound machines that has ocean waves that you can play in the background. LOL! That would be nice...

As for a name you could even call it your "Dollmancave" JS LOL!!!
ShadowCat wrote: Yeah, the wait for a new BJD can be quite long because some companies make it after you order, rather than having them “in stock.” Loong Soul items (from China) always take 6 months or more, but their craftsmanship is phenomenal, so I wait. It depends on the company. My Smartdoll items (Japan) take far less time because the company will make a batch before they sell, so their stuff is “in stock.”
I have been researching and reading up on the dolls. The articulated hands fascinate me, so when it comes time to order my first doll that is a must for any doll I get... Of course I am also considering buying a blank unpainted doll and doing all the work on it myself. The characters I have in mind I have not seen any dolls really like what I want. Before I do that I want to learn more about how the dolls are put together, repairs, what can and cannot be done with these dolls. But even before that I need to get the work finished on the dolls I have. With the extensive list of things still to get done, plus I have another #78 WM head on the way, that is three dolls and two head I have to work on... So it maybe a while, which is totally okay, it gives me time to research. :)

Thanks for the heads up about time. I know when I looked on Etsy, they were saying a couple of weeks which probably a blank they are painting themselves, if what you are saying holds true with all those selling the dolls. The clothes prices are really high. I will probably just sew most of the clothes and just buy the shoes, and the intricate things I don't have the time or inclination to sew, myself.

Rocky Balboner
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Rocky Balboner »

This thread needs more pics
Attachments
02.png
02.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 962 times
01.png
01.png (2.3 MiB) Viewed 962 times

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Yummy, Rocky Balboner! Who is this sexy stud?
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Rocky Balboner wrote:This thread needs more pics
Hubba Hubba! Very handsome guy you have! What is his name?

Yeah! Been working on modifications so not so many pictures. Sorry! But things are starting to come together so beautiful Agares will hopefully have his ears and horns by next week. Having trouble getting the TPE the right color.. :roll:
I made three sets of horns today, of different styles but I cannot find my bottle of lacquar to paint them. Cuz I put it where I would find it. :whistle: Tomorrow I will start re-punching his eyebrows. Fingers crossed and wish me luck, we don't have the same issue, as last time.

Rocky Balboner
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Rocky Balboner »

Docsgirl82 wrote:Yummy, Rocky Balboner! Who is this sexy stud?
His name is Ryan and he says hello to all the other sexy studs here!
Attachments
Snapshot000164.png
Snapshot000164.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 910 times
Snapshot000166.png
Snapshot000166.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 910 times
Snapshot000171.png
Snapshot000171.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 910 times

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Welcome, Ryan! My three studs: Larry, Lance and Landon say hello. They hang out on the WM Male Doll Lover's thread, but here is what they currently look like (I change their looks from time to time, except for Larry. his eyebrows and sideburns are permanent)
IMG_2314.JPG
IMG_2328.JPG
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male