sanhuiofficial.com

#ProjectAdagio: The Darkest Sanhui Ever

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: #ProjectAdagio: The Darkest Sanhui Ever

Post by HappyWabbit »

Very interesting , 3rd wig by far no contest but that’s just my thought.

rgv4

Post by rgv4 »

Lol, difficult choice, I would keep the first 3 wigs, it depends on the situation, the first one gives an elegant and mature touch, the second an elegant and modern touch, the color of the eyes combines very well with the blue color, of the wig and the third, an elegant and youthful touch.

If you decide not to change the color of the eyes, maybe, I would choose, the second wig as a winner, greetings friend.

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

Something about wig 1 and 2, personally.
But, I feel she chose differently. ;)

Endless War wrote:Mimik! what's up mate! Glad you had a chance to see this thread. I'm SURE you know that feeling. Your work has always had that unique artistic touch that one only gets from taking that extra time to make it personal.
Much appreciated brother! Living life in the details.
Always a treat to stop by.
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

Broven wrote: So, with that in mind, my pick would be the first one. She looks very confident and approachable in that style. On a possible negative side, she seems youngest in that one as well. (Not too young, obviously. Just younger.) I have no doubt that my personal tastes are playing into that choice though, however much I tried to let the images speak to me instead of the other way around. And you have an advantage in that you have been spending time with her, so none of us know her at the level that you do. Hairstyle and personality go hand-in-hand.
I hear you Broven. Very true words, hairstyle and personality do go hand in hand. I'll share my thoughts in the next post but we thought alike on this one. The first one was the one I wished I had chosen retrospectively.
HappyWabbit wrote:Very interesting , 3rd wig by far no contest but that’s just my thought.
See, I really liked the the 3rd one too but with respect to the others there's a very specific and selfish reason why I elected not to go with that one which I'll detail later. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
rgv4 wrote:Lol, difficult choice, I would keep the first 3 wigs, it depends on the situation, the first one gives an elegant and mature touch, the second an elegant and modern touch, the color of the eyes combines very well with the blue color, of the wig and the third, an elegant and youthful touch.
If you decide not to change the color of the eyes, maybe, I would choose, the second wig as a winner, greetings friend.
What's up RGV4! You hit on some key points that led to which wig I chose overall. Important to note is I'm not sure Sanhui eyes are changeable. Well, if they are I certainly don't know how. They seem integrated into their heads with a spring system that makes them very moveable. A system I really like with the only drawback being their eye color is locked in. If anyone has changed Sanhui eyes, holler at me and let me know what I am missing.
Mimik wrote:Something about wig 1 and 2, personally.
But, I feel she chose differently. ;)
Mimik you hit it spot on. Those were the two wigs that forced me to choose between the logical and emotional. One I KNEW one would work and the other I FELT would work. I went with logic but wish I had went with feeling.
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

Sunday,
September 22nd, 2019.
~1400 hours

OK lets discuss the wigs. Starting in reverse order:

This is one of the wigs I WANTED to work for reasons outside of what was actually best for Adagio.
We are all motivated by something and this is important to be aware of in all aspects of life.
Always check your own motivations to see if they are best aligned to the situation at hand.
I wanted this to work for several reasons
1) It was ~$50 and I hadn't used it yet. So this was more a financial reason than anything.
Given her dark skin I figured this would be my best chance with the contrast.
2) I was really into pigtails at the time
3) I wanted to an inverse thing with her and OaSis

and given these were the same wig in different colors thought it'd be cool.

Adagio, on the other hand, didn't agree. But I tried to force this one through anyway.

Classic example of a cheap wig looking cheap.
I loved the bright color against her skin but with the bangs and cheap looking fibers, no.

Now to speak to @HappyWabbit's point; I liked this one a lot.
The main reason why I excluded it from the running was because of the bangs.
I didn't like how they covered her eyebrows and
figured if I was going to put in hours of work on her makeup,
I should show it off as much as possible.
That's my selfish reason for not choosing this one.
I didn't want anything obstructing her face. Now that I have taken some shots of her makeup,
I may revisit this one.

So this was the one I chose for a number of reasons:
1) I knew this would be a safe choice.
I bought this wig from a local wig shop for around $80. It's made of quality fibers and photographs REALLY well.
Although I originally bought it for Ophelia, she has been on the pigtail hype and didn't need it at the moment.
2)With it, I could do a cool blue and black combo that went more toward the computer/android theme
3) I liked the ombre nature of how it integrated my favorite shade (black)
but added a dash of color so people would know all her photos weren't just black and whites.
Also, it got me out of my rut of favoring items shaded black.

This was the safe choice. It looked decent on her and with the right makeup could work well for photos.
Even with all that, my thickheaded shelf still initially went with the blonde pigtailed wig.

Last but not least, Adagio's favorite. This is the one I could feel her choosing.
Some of you could feel it from just the photo.
You all would be whom I refer to as "Chancellors" in my book
but that's a discussion for another topic.
Simply put,
She was EPIC in this wig.
Looking at her "in-person" in the wig, I sensed her pulling at me to settle on this one.
Retrospectively I wish I had, I think its the best one for her.
I wanted to avoid black on black but that could have later been resolved with good hair lighting.
I SHOULD have chosen this one.

But now with the hair I DID choose, lets move on to lipstick.
And discover the error of my choice....

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by The Doll Laboratory »

Hello Endless War,

The wig is indeed a VERY important aspect in Doll ownership. More than one might think. Sometimes one is lucky enough to experience the "this is it!" reaction right away. Sometimes it takes several weeks/wigs to find what fits best.

To be honest, I am still not sure that you found the right one for Adagio yet. I wouldn't be surprised if you change it again on day. :wink:

The Doll Laboratory
The Doll Laboratory Stories - Erotic Comic featuring my Dolls
Teeth&Tongue set 4.0 - Add expressions to your Doll

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

Your make up skills are what most of us strive for, just beautiful! We love the blue ombré wig, in fact Delilah wants one of her own :roll:
Master of Puppets...

rgv4

Post by rgv4 »

Great decision, friend, you wanted a minimalist look, the blue wig is the perfect one.

With this wig, the colors, blue, silver, gold and white or pearl in jewelry and clothes, would look great.

Doll Laboratory is right, the possibilities are really enormous, we have only based on the wigs, which you have published.

Personally, the wig style that I would most like for a black or dark brown African doll would be the type, Rasta or curly, African, would wear a bandana or a yoga headband, to hold the hair and keep the doll's forehead clear, Regards.

rgv4

Post by rgv4 »

Lol, here a demonstration of curly or rasta hair with yoga headband, I put several links of the same video in case it is erased over time, in redtube you can easily download it .....

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

The Doll Laboratory wrote:Hello Endless War,
The wig is indeed a VERY important aspect in Doll ownership. More than one might think. Sometimes one is lucky enough to experience the "this is it!" reaction right away. Sometimes it takes several weeks/wigs to find what fits best.
To be honest, I am still not sure that you found the right one for Adagio yet. I wouldn't be surprised if you change it again on day. :wink:
The Doll Laboratory
Very true statement. I am still searching. The I chose is safe option but I'm still not convinced its ideal.
Dees luver wrote:Your make up skills are what most of us strive for, just beautiful! We love the blue ombré wig, in fact Delilah wants one of her own :roll:
Man, a black to burgundy wig would be next level on Delilah.
rgv4 wrote:Great decision, friend, you wanted a minimalist look, the blue wig is the perfect one.
With this wig, the colors, blue, silver, gold and white or pearl in jewelry and clothes, would look great.
Doll Laboratory is right, the possibilities are really enormous, we have only based on the wigs, which you have published.
Personally, the wig style that I would most like for a black or dark brown African doll would be the type, Rasta or curly, African, would wear a bandana or a yoga headband, to hold the hair and keep the doll's forehead clear, Regards.
You know, I have a few wigs like that and never even tried them. Thank you for that suggestion, that is certainly food for thought and something I'll have to consider.

Sunday,
September 22nd, 2019.
~1900 hours

Lipstick time and time to deal with the problem we invented.
So I pushed this wig through:

Despite everything. I normally like the hair, eyes, and lipstick
to complement each other and consider this when choosing each.
Given the lipstick is the easiest for me, it helps to do this at the end as well.

Back to our overarching goal,
I wanted her to appear to have an inner glow.
I like the way her eyes looked so I would do something similar to that.
First up, the light foundation layer:

Unlike her eyes, her lips will go from a light center to a dark outside.
This is because placing the light color on the outside
tends to make them look ashy, like this:

Something to avoid. Also,
I place the lighter shade down first because its easier to blend later
when applying the darker color. Speaking of...

This is the point were many may give up on lipstick.
But this is again, is the most important step.
Notice how sloppy the lines around her lips look.
She looks like a bad teenager who's been caught making out with her
boyfriend behind the school. Not good.

The important thing to do here is ERASE around her lips to
create that sharp, professional looking line we want.
Take advantage of the negative space.
Its WAY easier on Silicone girls but doable on TPE.

Get you some of these

https://www.amazon.com/NYKKOLA-Cosmetic ... 22&sr=8-51

and place some baby oil in a bottle cap.
Dip the sharp end of the applicator in the baby oil
and erase along the edges.
DONT use too much baby oil or you'll ruin everything.
Its takes some getting used to to get the right amount.
Follow the natural curvature of her lips (or other parts of her face)
and you're good. Else, if you want to play outisde
the lines you can do that too as I've done with
some of my girls to make their lips/eyes appear bigger or smaller.

Now, you may say, why not just paint accurately the first time?
That's possible, but erasing with the baby oil tends to make the lines
sharper, which is desired for lipstick.
For other applications like eyeshadow, you can use other methods.

This is the final result:

Line looks great and notice how it interacts well with her eyes.
But I'm sure you can see the glaring problem here....
THAT WIG!
It must go. It no longer works with her overall concept.
Blue wig to the rescue...

Much better. But now we've created another problem.
An unintended consequence if you will.
Something isn't quite right?
What do you think?
We'll explore the fix and wrap things up in the next post.

Until then,
Take care.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

So fascinating! Though you make it look simple enough, this is at a level I never even considered. This is probably to "fancy" for Anna, who keeps her makeup very simple. But I'm going to give this a try, or something like it, on the new doll once she arrives.

And I think I see the problem you're referring to. :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

Broven wrote:So fascinating! Though you make it look simple enough, this is at a level I never even considered. This is probably to "fancy" for Anna, who keeps her makeup very simple. But I'm going to give this a try, or something like it, on the new doll once she arrives.

And I think I see the problem you're referring to. :)
Broven you total should try it! With your ability to pick up on things I think you would have no problem after a few reps. And feel free to point out the problem if you want.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new doll. Is she a completely new lady or an upgraded body for Anna Marie?

Pabzilla
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pabzilla »

Wow what a difference doing her lips has made, together with those eyes and skin colour that is an amazing look.
Superb stuff here Endless War :thumbs_up:

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Endless War wrote:Broven you total should try it! With your ability to pick up on things I think you would have no problem after a few reps. And feel free to point out the problem if you want.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new doll. Is she a completely new lady or an upgraded body for Anna Marie?
I was thinking, though she already looks amazing as she is, that the eyebrows looked much better with the blonde wig than with the black. :) Still a freakin' knock-out though. :)

I bought a whole new doll. But the new body will go to Anna and her current will go to the new head. You're more confident in my ablities than I think I am, lol, but I will give it a try. :) I tried doing makeup a time or two, and so far it's been more frustrating than rewarding (hence Anna's super basic makeup). But I was just winging it for the most part. You're insights here give me a little more confidence though. Seriously, thank you for sharing this stuff! :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Wight
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wight »

Endless War,
suggestion: howabout lightening skin under her eyebrows, over the eyes. The eyebrows black - same as her eyelashes and hair, to make them look organic.
Could also try lightening her boob tops a little so areola comes visible.
Ginevra's thread!
viewtopic.php?t=94375

INFORMATIONS