Starpery.com

Poor packaging results huge disappointment

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Poor packaging results huge disappointment

Post by crazedcat »

This whole situation sucks. Is the paint already rubbing off as well?

C9792739-5133-4385-9350-CE7825C50B05.jpeg
C9792739-5133-4385-9350-CE7825C50B05.jpeg (148.18 KiB) Viewed 697 times
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

andy1324

Post by andy1324 »

I have to agree with the opinion that the customer should not have to do such extensive damage control on new merchandise that incurred a significant investment in the first place... I dont know what the solution is here, but I sure can sympathize with the disappointment of someone whos only crime was waiting in joyful expectation of his new purchase,,,, uugghh,,, :|

Sole2Sole

Post by Sole2Sole »

Ava Love wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:03 pm There seems to be quite a few completely missing the point here, there should be no effort or time spent by the receptiant trying to bring it back to an acceptable condition. That may well happen, it may not. If it does happen then the very least that should be offered is some sort of compensation.

The out of factory packaging is obviously shit and cause for this entire problem.
Exactly this! OP definitely needs to get compensation for the doll. Hopefully Starpery or the vendor will handle this professionally and not dust it under the rug.

goofy_dr_love
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by goofy_dr_love »

crazedcat wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:11 pm This whole situation sucks. Is the paint already rubbing off as well?

C9792739-5133-4385-9350-CE7825C50B05.jpeg
This picture is about left boob not being as filled as the right one and left looks like has a bigger drop down on top of that.
Paint is exactly what they advertised on promotional pictures.
Review - LoveNestle Vanesssa torso viewtopic.php?t=170013
starpery 148 F Wayne - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173241
Dolls i own:
CST doll 150 F Cherry - silicone
Happy doll 168cm E Elf - fabric
Tayu 151 E+ Peach - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173737
Wish list:
Elsa babe 148cm L DHR009 silicone
SE doll 155 F 068SO-2 Silicone
Tayu 161cm F Katniss silicone

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by crazedcat »

Oh my bad. I thought that was a shot down her back and those were butt cheeks. :wink:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

GrandPaul
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by GrandPaul »

I really hope they get you taken care of.. what a shame.

andy1324

Post by andy1324 »

what doll manufactures need to realize,, I'm sure they do,,, In a situation like this,, there were 5 or more potential customers waiting in the wings to see the new doll arrive,, and for every 5 of us there are probably 10 or 20 more lurkers in the background watching as well,, all potentially ready and willing to spend money on a new doll based on this customers experience,, and now have frozen dead in our tracks,, with a best case scenario of putting off any purchases till we see how this resolves,, costing the doll market tens of thousands of dollars,,, I think it would be worth the small investment of better shipping quality,,,,

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

BINGO!
:glou:
andy1324 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:18 pm what doll manufactures need to realize,, I'm sure they do,,, In a situation like this,, there were 5 or more potential customers waiting in the wings to see the new doll arrive,, and for every 5 of us there are probably 10 or 20 more lurkers in the background watching as well,, all potentially ready and willing to spend money on a new doll based on this customers experience,, and now have frozen dead in our tracks,, with a best case scenario of putting off any purchases till we see how this resolves,, costing the doll market tens of thousands of dollars,,, I think it would be worth the small investment of better shipping quality,,,,

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

andy1324 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:18 pm what doll manufactures need to realize,, I'm sure they do,,, In a situation like this,, there were 5 or more potential customers waiting in the wings to see the new doll arrive,, and for every 5 of us there are probably 10 or 20 more lurkers in the background watching as well,, all potentially ready and willing to spend money on a new doll based on this customers experience,, and now have frozen dead in our tracks,, with a best case scenario of putting off any purchases till we see how this resolves,, costing the doll market tens of thousands of dollars,,, I think it would be worth the small investment of better shipping quality,,,,
That's an excellent point.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

@CrazedCat: I think what looks a bit like paint rubbing off is the tan line effect. Some of the other shots look like the doll was made with tan lines.

One thing I'll say about the scenario, I'm not sure about Starpery but I know a couple manufacturers have disclaimers about the ultra soft silicone. Something along the lines of not being responsible for deformation of the doll if you choose ultra soft. That to me, says it's a known problem and there needs to be more thought put into the packaging for a start. And more importantly if even one manufacturer is making that disclaimer then there probably should be one from *every* manufacturer selling ultra soft (unless they've figured out how to prevent deformation).

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Darkangel65 »

Totally agree....I was waiting for reviews on this new model before purchasing myself.
Really hope the vendor or starpery sort this problem out for Goofy.
Dark
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

JayMass_68
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JayMass_68 »

I believe with that price you should have gotten something better...

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Even more disappointing, 4 pages and Starpery has yet to post a reply....

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

Please note that this is often a problem with customs, especially the UK. They deliberately make it hard and unpleasant. I saw and interview that was enlightening where the-doll-house took customs to court over the amount of damage they were doing to his dolls as a vendor when he imports them. They would obviously be having fun with them, putting back in the package not how it was intended, playing with the eyes and making them cross eyed etc. And bad placements in the package makes for these indents.
On the positive side, many of these indents do come out over time. This is a problem with many dolls, even the ones well packaged have indents from the packing itself (like real skin gets marks from socks). But it goes away over time.
Many often don't add the gel butt anymore because of it's deformity issues. Even when just sitting it can leave impressions that last a long time. I'm thinking of not bothering with gel butt or soft skin options for this reason.

All this said, I cannot comment on the Starpery initial packaging since I can't tell how good that was from this post, perhaps they should do more. I know Irontech has really good packaging and people have had no complaints with this.

Starpery Manager
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Starpery Manager »

Hello goofy_dr_love, we are sorry for your disappointing experience. Starpery team is focusing on this issue, and we are talking with the vendor and give a best solution for you. If you have any questions, please email to us: info@starpery.com

About those issues, factory has already discussed them in th past days. Whether in doll production or packaging, our factory will be more strict. Find problems and solve problems as quickly as possible . Starpery hope that every customer receives a doll that they are satisfied with.

Thanks again for all kind suggestions, we will take into consideration and make adjustments.

INFORMATIONS