Doll Art Club

Master Doll Photography & Special FX - Online Course - Early Bird Launch Special

Are you are doll photo enthusiast ready to take your passion to the next level?
Former adult industry top camera man in Hollywood & Europe reveals his best kept doll secrets! Learn realistic posing, studio & natural lighting, mobile & system cameras.

Discover your own visual style, learn about hair, outfits, post work, various moods, story telling, digital special effects and 3D art effects, such as monsters, spaceships and complete environments. Low cost online course, start where you are, easy going, learn at your own pace from the comfort of your home. Get personal gallery feedback and hot weekly content! Are you are doll photo enthusiast ready to take your passion to the next level?

Discover your own visual style, learn about hair, outfits, post work, various moods, story telling, digital special effects and 3D art effects, such as monsters, spaceships and complete environments. Low cost online course, start where you are, easy going, learn at your own pace from the comfort of your home. Get personal gallery feedback and hot weekly content! Website:www.dollartclub.com

Moderator: Swan

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Doll Art Club Update May 14 2023

Post by Dreamlight »

Hey Ragnar,
For now, it's videos or "consumption" only, however, the upcoming gallery will have feedback and comments back and forth... I see maybe a potential need of a special forum section as well... ;)
-Ragnar66- wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:49 pm
Dreamlight wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:34 am Two hot new videos now inside the Doll Art Club member's area:

Posing 101 Part 2 - The 3 Base Poses And The Female Touch

Forum Gallery Feedback - Although we don't yet have the gallery up and running, today I'm providing detailed feedback to some of the members and their photos on this forum

Have fun with the new vids!
Before (probably) joining. Do the contents include a "discussion" or forum section, or is these for "consumption" only? (making the best of it) I.e if I´ve questions on certain details, techniques, whatever. Or for comparing and supplementing with own techniques and such. Thanks. :glou:

P.S. Take better doll photos, add cool digital FX and 3D art. See the new Doll Art Club and grab your early bird launch spot.
Visit Doll Art Club on the Doll Forum HERE...

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dreamlight wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:47 am
-Ragnar66- wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:49 pm
Dreamlight wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:34 am Two hot new videos now inside the Doll Art Club member's area:

Posing 101 Part 2 - The 3 Base Poses And The Female Touch

Forum Gallery Feedback - Although we don't yet have the gallery up and running, today I'm providing detailed feedback to some of the members and their photos on this forum

Have fun with the new vids!
Before (probably) joining. Do the contents include a "discussion" or forum section, or is these for "consumption" only? (making the best of it) I.e if I´ve questions on certain details, techniques, whatever. Or for comparing and supplementing with own techniques and such. Thanks. :glou:
Hey Ragnar,
For now, it's videos or "consumption" only, however, the upcoming gallery will have feedback and comments back and forth... I see maybe a potential need of a special forum section as well... ;)

Thanks. Yes might depend on more members beeing interested in something like that of course. I prefer broader discussions and information exchange usually. The more if things aren´t just technical and include (personal) styles and tastes as well. Still unsure about becoming member ATM. I´m now majorily busy with doll repairs and experimentation. Pity your course didn´t start at least half a year earlier, but oh well. :|

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Agree with you on that! ;)
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:25 am

Thanks. Yes might depend on more members beeing interested in something like that of course. I prefer broader discussions and information exchange usually. The more if things aren´t just technical and include (personal) styles and tastes as well. Still unsure about becoming member ATM. I´m now majorily busy with doll repairs and experimentation. Pity your course didn´t start at least half a year earlier, but oh well. :|

P.S. Take better doll photos, add cool digital FX and 3D art. See the new Doll Art Club and grab your early bird launch spot.

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Fun In The Sun - A Couple Sunny Grungy Shots!

Post by Dreamlight »

Image Image

The other day, it was one of those days... The sun was perfect, I had this grungy set right in front of me and I just had to take a few quick shots. When the shadows fall diagonally, it's the perfect moment to "dress your photos" with them shadows... I usually prefer indoor lighting, since I love control, and HATE the #%# wind, especially with wigs and dolls that want to fall to the ground 13 times per minute, but hey, sunny takes can be fun too!

Do you have some favorite outdoor locations / photos with your doll? Post some examples below, and comment what you found fun during the photoshoot, and also what kind of challenges you faced!

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Master Doll Photography & Special FX - Online Course - Early Bird Launch Special

Post by Tailor »

It's been a while since I took photos outdoors and these photos are about 1-2 years old.
It was an early summer morning, the sun had just risen and I was shooting for one of the months' TDF photo challenge that had something to do with water. First tried to shoot with the sun directly behind the doll, the sun was very strong and the reflection from the water did not make it easier.
Claire Bikini Röd 1.png
Claire Bikini Röd 1.png (8.19 MiB) Viewed 628 times
So I tried changing the position on the beach and took pictures with side lights that didn't dazzle the camera, and the light was more interesting on the doll. It was difficult to find a position on the doll and I experimented with different poses without really knowing what I was doing.
Claire Bikini Röd 3.png
Claire Bikini Röd 3.png (3.12 MiB) Viewed 628 times
Most of the pictures didn't turn out well, but I was satisfied with one that had a melancholic feel to it after editing, it became the contribution for that month. The doll is a JM 80cm.
Claire melancholic lake 200.png
Claire melancholic lake 200.png (10.37 MiB) Viewed 628 times
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Master Doll Photography & Special FX - Online Course - Early Bird Launch Special

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Well, pics below is the most daring and only (somewhat) outdoor shooting we ever made (in 2019). :D (original bits of touched up set taken from here: viewtopic.php?p=1642703

I´ve no car, so we´re stuck in our apartment with little daylight (or sunlight) availability. :P Otherwise I know many nice outdoor spots around here suitable for nice doll photo shootings. So we settled to photo compositing early which gives unlimited possibilities. 8) But maybe one day, who knows....

First time in her life, Alyona peeking out of the door in early morning light. :mrgreen:

AlyonaEMLO01.jpg
AlyonaEMLO01.jpg (895.3 KiB) Viewed 617 times

AlyonaEMLO02.jpg
AlyonaEMLO02.jpg (868.42 KiB) Viewed 617 times

AlyonaEMLO03.jpg
AlyonaEMLO03.jpg (974.46 KiB) Viewed 617 times

AlyonaEMLO04.jpg
AlyonaEMLO04.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 617 times

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Thanks for sharing your photos Tailor! That's a lovely setting, and some brave photos! Cudos to you for keeping your eyes open that early... I think it's so interesting to see this in action, because it happens to all of us. The pro thing to do is to keep the sun behind your doll, but playing with more direct light is very often a way to move forward as well! Conditions are seldom 100% perfect, and neither of us will nail all the photos... The way you adjust, that's the way to do it!
Tailor wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:02 pm It's been a while since I took photos outdoors and these photos are about 1-2 years old.
It was an early summer morning, the sun had just risen and I was shooting for one of the months' TDF photo challenge that had something to do with water. First tried to shoot with the sun directly behind the doll, the sun was very strong and the reflection from the water did not make it easier.Claire Bikini Röd 1.png

So I tried changing the position on the beach and took pictures with side lights that didn't dazzle the camera, and the light was more interesting on the doll. It was difficult to find a position on the doll and I experimented with different poses without really knowing what I was doing.Claire Bikini Röd 3.png

Most of the pictures didn't turn out well, but I was satisfied with one that had a melancholic feel to it after editing, it became the contribution for that month. The doll is a JM 80cm.Claire melancholic lake 200.png

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Hey Ragnar, thanks for sharing! You know, limitations are what drives us artists to push harder, think differently, and go beyond where we ever would go otherwise. I really like the subtle erotic mood in your photos, especially the first two, where the long hair, and her "bottom" keeps the viewer intrigued. These photos have that mystical touch. We don't always need to show everything...
-Ragnar66- wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:33 pm

Well, pics below is the most daring and only (somewhat) outdoor shooting we ever made (in 2019). :D (original bits of touched up set taken from here: viewtopic.php?p=1642703

I´ve no car, so we´re stuck in our apartment with little daylight (or sunlight) availability. :P Otherwise I know many nice outdoor spots around here suitable for nice doll photo shootings. So we settled to photo compositing early which gives unlimited possibilities. 8) But maybe one day, who knows....

First time in her life, Alyona peeking out of the door in early morning light. :mrgreen:

AlyonaEMLO01.jpg

AlyonaEMLO02.jpg

AlyonaEMLO03.jpg

AlyonaEMLO04.jpg

sim3sum

Post by sim3sum »

Some of our favorite shots were done with sunlight indoors but we have started experimenting with mixed light outdoors with the doll in the shadows and lit with strobes with the background lit by sunlight. With still learning my camera system the biggest challenge I have had is over exposed sky, I do see there is a video covering this but I have not gotten to it yet. The few times I have shot outside people ask if the background is photoshopped in, the backgrounds seem slightly unnatural.
Last outdoor shoot ended at the golden hour so I shut off the strobe and caught some diagonal shadows. I also experimented with small amount of lighting to bring out the face more while still allowing the shadows.
this is all sun.
SA28775 1.jpg
SA28775 1.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 590 times
Sim3suM Zelex Faction viewtopic.php?t=169443

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Hey sim3sim, thanks for sharing and love the colors! Yeah, exposure differences can be a battle at times... Stronger strobes would lower your exposure on the doll, thus, lower the overexposure in the background. Great to see you're mixing light sources!
sim3sum wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:46 am Some of our favorite shots were done with sunlight indoors but we have started experimenting with mixed light outdoors with the doll in the shadows and lit with strobes with the background lit by sunlight. With still learning my camera system the biggest challenge I have had is over exposed sky, I do see there is a video covering this but I have not gotten to it yet. The few times I have shot outside people ask if the background is photoshopped in, the backgrounds seem slightly unnatural.
Last outdoor shoot ended at the golden hour so I shut off the strobe and caught some diagonal shadows. I also experimented with small amount of lighting to bring out the face more while still allowing the shadows.
this is all sun.
SA28775 1.jpg

sim3sum

Post by sim3sum »

This is the finished shot with just a large beauty dish and not over powering the shadows.
SA28777 1.jpg
SA28777 1.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 579 times

As you said I learned quick I need to use strong lighting to counteract the sky and used three strobes in this picture.
outdoor28462_HDR 1.jpg
outdoor28462_HDR 1.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 579 times
Sim3suM Zelex Faction viewtopic.php?t=169443

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Totally, works better... Nice!
sim3sum wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:11 am This is the finished shot with just a large beauty dish and not over powering the shadows.
SA28777 1.jpg

As you said I learned quick I need to use strong lighting to counteract the sky and used three strobes in this picture.

outdoor28462_HDR 1.jpg

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dreamlight wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:42 am Hey Ragnar, thanks for sharing! You know, limitations are what drives us artists to push harder, think differently, and go beyond where we ever would go otherwise. I really like the subtle erotic mood in your photos, especially the first two, where the long hair, and her "bottom" keeps the viewer intrigued. These photos have that mystical touch. We don't always need to show everything...

Thank you. 8) This set was among my early photo shooting tryouts as complete noob in 2019. I know it leaves much to be desired technically, like i.e eyes where i´ve yet got to get along without MF´s eyes and lids. These became most important when I try capturing the more emotional things in mostly randomly discovered scene settings. It´s like writing music. There´s an initial idea or motif and then things become open ended and surprise myself at last. Then with limited knowledge in photo editing I try supporting the general feel of a scene. Also try to keep it rather "simple". Not too many accessories or adding FX. The more I start adding, the worse the results get usually. The doll and the emotional expression are always the focus for me.

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Indeed, post work should not overwhelm the photo, but rather bring out the details or tone down some things that we don't need to see.
-Ragnar66- wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:54 am
Dreamlight wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:42 am Hey Ragnar, thanks for sharing! You know, limitations are what drives us artists to push harder, think differently, and go beyond where we ever would go otherwise. I really like the subtle erotic mood in your photos, especially the first two, where the long hair, and her "bottom" keeps the viewer intrigued. These photos have that mystical touch. We don't always need to show everything...

Thank you. 8) This set was among my early photo shooting tryouts as complete noob in 2019. I know it leaves much to be desired technically, like i.e eyes where i´ve yet got to get along without MF´s eyes and lids. These became most important when I try capturing the more emotional things in mostly randomly discovered scene settings. It´s like writing music. There´s an initial idea or motif and then things become open ended and surprise myself at last. Then with limited knowledge in photo editing I try supporting the general feel of a scene. Also try to keep it rather "simple". Not too many accessories or adding FX. The more I start adding, the worse the results get usually. The doll and the emotional expression are always the focus for me.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dreamlight wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:17 am Indeed, post work should not overwhelm the photo, but rather bring out the details or tone down some things that we don't need to see.
Yes, those "don´t need to see" things can be quite an issue oftentimes. My photo shooting environment ain´t the best (or most suitable) and my gals have various "faults" and yet to be repaired damages. :roll: Thus I oftentimes use vignette, focus blurring and frames for blending unwanted stuff out somewhat. I already take this (post editing) into consideration when doing my shoots. But most my post editing is for improving those things that my cheap phone can´t capture. At more low light conditions quite in particular. I often need these for my preferred work with contours and shadows.

INFORMATIONS