betterlovedoll.com

Why are sex dolls becoming so popular

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Why are sex dolls becoming so popular

Post by PDutus »

It was great to see such an unbiased, non prejudicial article, even if it was based around an interview with siliconelovers.

At work the other day, the topic came up in conversation and the expected two-dimensional thinking was very much in evidence. My colleagues don't know about Sophie and I am not sure how they'd react if I told them. When I bought Patsy, my first doll (who sadly developed a broken back), it would be difficult to deny that the sexual aspect was the prime motivator. but once she had arrived it became apparent that here was something beautiful that could be photographed (photography being a hobby of mine), either in her birthday suit or in other outfits, and so there were other dimensions to owning her.

The same, naturally, with Sophie. I think that the more that doll ownership can be promoted as a hobby (the article compared it to owning classic cars - been there, done that, just as detrimental to the bank balance :)), the more chance there'll be that it will be more generally viewed as that, and not as some dubious, clandestine activity.

Like many things though, there will always be prejudice; always those who will remain set in their thinking, obstinately blind to others' views.

I am seriously thinking about going to a doll meet in the UK next year and it would be great if I could tell people (outside of TDF and UKLDF and those friends and relations who know about Sophie) what I am planning on doing, but I fear that that will not happen.

One day maybe, and the more articles there are like this one, the more chance there'll be of that happening.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

NightmareFiction

Post by NightmareFiction »

PDutus wrote:It was great to see such an unbiased, non prejudicial article, even if it was based around an interview with siliconelovers.

At work the other day, the topic came up in conversation and the expected two-dimensional thinking was very much in evidence. My colleagues don't know about Sophie and I am not sure how they'd react if I told them. When I bought Patsy, my first doll (who sadly developed a broken back), it would be difficult to deny that the sexual aspect was the prime motivator. but once she had arrived it became apparent that here was something beautiful that could be photographed (photography being a hobby of mine), either in her birthday suit or in other outfits, and so there were other dimensions to owning her.

The same, naturally, with Sophie. I think that the more that doll ownership can be promoted as a hobby (the article compared it to owning classic cars - been there, done that, just as detrimental to the bank balance :)), the more chance there'll be that it will be more generally viewed as that, and not as some dubious, clandestine activity.

Like many things though, there will always be prejudice; always those who will remain set in their thinking, obstinately blind to others' views.

I am seriously thinking about going to a doll meet in the UK next year and it would be great if I could tell people (outside of TDF and UKLDF and those friends and relations who know about Sophie) what I am planning on doing, but I fear that that will not happen.

One day maybe, and the more articles there are like this one, the more chance there'll be of that happening.
I definitely share this sentiment. When I got my first doll the idea was to use it strictly for sexual purposes, but the more I've been on this forum, the more I've really taken a interest in the photography and "dress-up" portion of owning my dolls. I definitely was not expecting it to be as fun as it has been.
IT153cm
JY161cm
JM75cm
JM105 "Sorceress"
MZR160cm

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

Knightshift wrote:Yep, definitely a RG. Here's another pic of her I found in a reverse image search...
th.jpg

Dangit! So no chance of owning her then... :(

Still gorgeous though.
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

Scrublord wrote:
Knightshift wrote:Yep, definitely a RG. Here's another pic of her I found in a reverse image search...
th.jpg

Dangit! So no chance of owning her then... :(

Still gorgeous though.
There's always a chance Scrublord. First you find out who she is. There was obviously a price that she agreed upon to pose in lingerie which means there's a price she'll agree upon to pose nude... which means there's a price she'll agree upon to... and so on and so on. you just need to have enough money to meet her price. which of course leads us back to why we prefer dolls over real women! LOL!
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

Silicone Lovers
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Silicone Lovers »

Thanks so much for sharing this! We hadn't seen it ourselves... and really glad you guy liked it. We are just so sick of the BS articles that ignorant people write about dolls + doll owners.

This article was extracted from a much longer interview we did for EAN magazine a while back.

You can read the full article here https://www.ean-online.com/ebooks/EAN_05_2019.pdf on pages 78-88.

Unfortunately, this particular one didn't request images so they have used whatever they could find...including a RG. WTF. Hoping they will update that...er actually ALL those images and image sources. :oops: One step at a time....

And yes - duly noted regarding price accessibility. Good point. (Couldn't see the forest for the trees.) Will keep in mind for the next one. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for the positive feedback! :mrgreen:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Check out our amazing Verified five star reviews now ➡ Trustpilot

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

Nice one, yes, that is too real to be true with that picture. And SiliconeLovers is great too for the interview. People can do images processing, but for advertising, very different story. I have a lot of pictures of my doll too in my thread, after editing, they dont really look like dolls anymore. Good fun though to fulfill my fancy adventures in wonderland. That is another way to enjoy the doll :D

RogerSmith

Post by RogerSmith »

DexterQuest wrote:In my opinion, the introduction of some splendid affordable models and heads released in the last 2.5 years have allowed me to take this hobby to the next level. They are so nice to have around.

I remember a half year ago they'd have a site giving a sale: One doll, 2 heads, and 10% off of $2000. The same website now offers one doll, two heads, two wigs, standing feet, and shrugging shoulders for 10% off $1800 during sales. The more popular they get, the cheaper they get. Once the standard's down to $1500 specials, this might become a popular investment for people looking to unload their tax returns.

dollNewbe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dollNewbe »

While it was good exposure to help normalize doll ownership, I would have liked a little more on the growth of the business, recent changes, and how the future of the business might look. I've been interested in how the sex doll industry has been growing. Things like how many dolls are sold each year and how prices and quality are changing.

Still, it was pretty good article but it did seem to be a bit of a fluff piece.

INFORMATIONS