sexyrealsexdolls.com

CoverDoll Issues *******

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

technoguy wrote:K....

Well, I cleared my cache, enabled my cookies and Javascript and....I STILL can't get past the CD homepage!

Perhaps your site has become so graphically complex with such large image files that it is no longer dialup connection "friendly" for MSN TV2 users? Strange because I remember visiting a week or two ago and had no problems. I'll have to give it another try when I'm on my PC sometime.
technoguy
TG,

There is a lot of graphics at CD and it could be a bit slow loading that first page with dial-up. Check with PDee in chat as he also uses dial-up.

Ijust rand database repair and optimization which may provide some performance improvement.

For those make a selection and seem to find it hanging, I have found that buy clicking on the STOP (red X on Firefox and IE) and then clicking your selection again, it often gives immediate results.

This makes me suspicious that we might be getting server time-outs perhaps relating to the MySQL program and database residing on a remote server. Ruby13 is using the same hosting as we are but are running in Flash. Check it out if you are having problems with us. If their site performs OK then we are narrowing it down to the MySQL or the Drupal. Thanks for your patience.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

I tried the stop start thing but it did no good.
Took me 1.5 hours to upload 12 pics for Zara's November shoot using a high speed connection.

Will she be good or will she be bad?
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

Hi,

A good job has been done ! It works well for me and this is the first time. The main site is faster and fast, the CDgalV2 is now fast :D
Well done Midi !

Just 2 things :
- if we look at CDgalV2 as a GUEST, we can see the thumbnails and the slideshow works with thumbnails, why not. But if we click a pic, the software acts as if it was loading the pic without end, but actually the software will never show the pic (permission denied should appear !)
Please do something about that, if possible :wink:

- Another thing : some of the links of the main page "November 2008 CoverDoll" go to nowhere, they open a new window but are loading indefinitely... Visitors could think the server is busy but i think that the software is bugging :wink:

Hope this helps,
Jihan & Elle
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

This does sound strange :? , I check the site again this morning and it runs like a rocket for me, most pages load almost instantaneously, just two pages were slow but :) when I clicked on them again they loaded right way.

I won’t like to say what a normal connection is these days. I use broadband with an 8meg connection speed, which is run of the mill in the UK. Very few get the speed the service provider offers, in most cases my download speed is half my so called connection speed, meaning a 100meg file would take about 5mins to download. I use BT Yahoo browser, which is essentially IE7.

We still need continued input form you guys so that we can narrow down the problems, some are getting :wink: .

May I suggest you give us the connection speed you are on, the type of connection and the browser you use? This may highlight problems in certain areas and give us a better idea of how to approach this.

Mechawizard, firstly what a really great new shoot of Zara, I just loved it :D .

When did you upload the photos? Midi made the changes at about 9pm GMT zone 1 time. The galley displays your photos very quickly for me. I will do some test uploads later and post my results.

Keep those comments coming, good or bad they all help.

Cheers,

Kharn
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

kharn wrote: When did you upload the photos? Midi made the changes at about 9pm GMT zone 1 time. The galley displays your photos very quickly for me. I will do some test uploads later and post my results.
I've got no idea of the time zones, but it was about 12 hours ago.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

noquiexis
Former Member

Post by noquiexis »

Monday 3 November 08
08:45 Eastern Standard Time (Ohio)
Dial up connection @ 45333 bps
Windows 98SE with Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106

Clicked onto website, but did not attempt to login.

The CoverDoll home page has always taken a long time to load. The text loads quickly, but because of the number of large graphics, the entire page takes several minutes to completely load. Some of the last graphics may not load at all without a right click and "Show Picture" selected. This is with a freshly cleared cache. This is common on my machine.

If there are tables within a web page, that table will not display until the entire table is loaded. This is common in HTML and not the fault of web page design or web server.

Login from the cover page sometimes works. Sometimes I login twice. Page (text) sometimes stops loading before complete. "Users" and "Guests" are not reported accurately, and may change from page to page. I have disappeared after login, and reappeared later without logging out. :? Other Users have done the same.

Gallery page often (but not always) requires a seperate login. :? Login sometimes works, sometimes goes to a blank page. Pages within the gallery always load if I get to the gallery in the first place.

I have had pages from Japan and Germany load (text) more quickly than CoverDoll (Canada) with only a handful of Users and Guests reported. This cannot be the bandwidth, so it must be the server.

This is a new website on a new server, so I expect a few bugs. I still visit CoverDoll on a regular basis, and recommend that other Guests and Users keep trying. Have patience and they will get the bugs out! :)
noquiexis
Arana ( RealDoll Face 8 Body 8 ), Lothlorien ( Matt Krivicke Doll Pixie head ) and Zanthia ( Matt Krivicke Doll Yvette ) exist only in my imagination

"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."
William Wordsworth

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Elle, is that the internal or external gallery you refer to? Also can you drop me a screen grab with arrows pointing to the links that don’t work correctly in your browser, cheers in advance.

Mechawizard that may have been about the time the site was moved, so this may have been the problem. Does the site work ok for you today?

We need input from today, so if anyone is referring to when they use the web, early yesterday or before, then try again and give feed back from now.

Noquiexis, this is a really good report, the server isn’t in Canada that is just another domain we use until we move the original com site. The server is in the Netherlands.

The who is online display, is an enigma to me as well as is the gallery view counter. I deliberately clicked on one of the images over a dozen times and it didn’t change from one view ha ha, so we do need to get that sorted. But as you very eloquently said, this is an ongoing project and things will get better.
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Miss_San_Diego
Former Member

Post by Miss_San_Diego »

Running xp and 8meg broadband time 1500 coverdoll page unavalible
<div>Miss San Diego</div>

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Miss_San_Diego wrote:Running xp and 8meg broadband time 1500 coverdoll page unavalible
what browser my friend?

I had no problem just now, it was fast :?
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Miss_San_Diego
Former Member

Post by Miss_San_Diego »

kharn wrote:
Miss_San_Diego wrote:Running xp and 8meg broadband time 1500 coverdoll page unavalible
what browser my friend?

I had no problem just now, it was fast :?
just been on again time 16,13 no problem now running well using Microsoft Internet Explorer xp home
<div>Miss San Diego</div>

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

kharn wrote:Elle, is that the internal or external gallery you refer to? Also can you drop me a screen grab with arrows pointing to the links that don’t work correctly in your browser, cheers in advance.
I was referring to the External Gallery.

At this address : http://coverdoll.ca/drupal/ :

the headline "ART" goes to a Bianca's thumbnail, then nowhere.

the headline "Elle and Rentell’s Monthly Photos Gallery"goes to nowhere on my computer, which is :

Mozilla firefox 3.0.3 (last) connected at 1meg broadband, win XP.

I confirm that the global speed of CD is now good, very good :wink:
Still some problems of reaction but this method solves them on my PC :

midiman wrote:For those make a selection and seem to find it hanging, I have found that buy clicking on the STOP (red X on Firefox and IE) and then clicking your selection again, it often gives immediate results.
Jihan & Elle
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Elle wrote:
kharn wrote:Elle, is that the internal or external gallery you refer to? Also can you drop me a screen grab with arrows pointing to the links that don’t work correctly in your browser, cheers in advance.
I was referring to the External Gallery.

At this address : http://coverdoll.ca/drupal/ :

the headline "ART" goes to a Bianca's thumbnail, then nowhere.

the headline "Elle and Rentell’s Monthly Photos Gallery"goes to nowhere on my computer, which is :

Mozilla firefox 3.0.3 (last) connected at 1meg broadband, win XP.

I confirm that the global speed of CD is now good, very good :wink:
Still some problems of reaction but this method solves them on my PC :

midiman wrote:For those make a selection and seem to find it hanging, I have found that buy clicking on the STOP (red X on Firefox and IE) and then clicking your selection again, it often gives immediate results.
Jihan & Elle
Hi Elle,

With regards to the gallery, I will have a look at that but viewing will be restricted to those that don’t subscribe, if a person subscribes (which is free) they won’t get any of those problems and will be able to see the photos or art work as it was intended.

Thanks for pointing out the art link; I have changed that so it goes directly to the art gallery.

Not sure what the problem is with the Elle and Rentell link as it seems to work fine :? .

Thanks for the input my friend :D
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pit_Viper »

I suspect it's all the goons on SA buggering shit up. Cal left no expense to post direct URLs to Coverdoll.

My advice is to let only registered members view content. (like before) It may cool off things a bit and allow only subscribers from viewing articles.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Pit_Viper wrote:I suspect it's all the goons on SA buggering shit up. Cal left no expense to post direct URLs to Coverdoll.

My advice is to let only registered members view content. (like before) It may cool off things a bit and allow only subscribers from viewing articles.
Thanks for the advice, PV, but the traffic numbers just don't add up to poor performance. CoverDoll is no TDF with 100 members on at any given moment. Usually it's hovering at around 5 or 6 total.

I am certain it has to do with the MySQL being run on a different server than the CoverDoll site. (That's a tip I got from someone who has had experience with both the Drupal and our hosting company.

Mind you. performance has improved considerably over what it was.

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

Hi Kharn,

Arts & Elle/Rentell's links work fine for me today :D
kharn wrote: With regards to the gallery, I will have a look at that but viewing will be restricted to those that don’t subscribe, if a person subscribes (which is free) they won’t get any of those problems and will be able to see the photos or art work as it was intended.
I'm ok with you Kharn :wink: , my idea is just that a guest having clicked a pic and seeing that with no end :

will think the server is busy or has bugs and is discouraged from subscribing :P
A message " permission denied, please subscribe to see Pics" would be better :wink: (especially as some pics are visible as Guest (Rentell's monthly pic for example))

Hope this helps :wink:
Jihan & Elle
ImageImage

INFORMATIONS