betterlovedoll.com

Mystique and Jennifer (SM149B + SM60 Twins)

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Redcat
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Mystique and Jennifer (SM149B + SM60 Twins)

Post by Redcat »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:53 am
Many thanks Redcat :). The Piper wigs are great. I've got two in the orange colour (one for TPE ladies, one for silicone), and a few other colours too. They were £20 a pop from:
https://www.the-doll-house.com/DollForever-Wigs
(I'm UK based though and Phil keeps them in stock, so there might be a shipping charge elsewhere.)
The pink Piper wig is great too. One pink wig is currently on my my Sanhui and the other currently unusued, so I thought I'd try it on Jennifer.
I think the orange suits her better. Wigs are fun :D.
HtS
Thanks for the link HtS (I'm also in the UK), I'll give one of them a try if none of mine work out.... I've got 3 that I'm itching to try, but I can't until I get away on Saturday (cottage to myself in the middle of nowhere for a week, should give me plenty of time to play around & take some photo's) :thumbs_up:

The orange is definitely my favourite, but the pink looks good too! Amazing how much difference they make to the look when you see them all on the same head.... :o

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Lovely dress and color contrast! :whistle: 8) :glou:

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

Redcat wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:35 pm
Hunt the Shunt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:53 am ...
Thanks for the link HtS (I'm also in the UK), I'll give one of them a try if none of mine work out.... I've got 3 that I'm itching to try, but I can't until I get away on Saturday (cottage to myself in the middle of nowhere for a week, should give me plenty of time to play around & take some photo's) :thumbs_up:

The orange is definitely my favourite, but the pink looks good too! Amazing how much difference they make to the look when you see them all on the same head.... :o
A private cottage in the middle of nowhere is a great idea. I've been tempted to do that myself. It's great to photo dolls outside.

Look forward to seeing your photos :).
-Ragnar66- wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Many thanks Ragnar66. I do enjoy playing with colours :).

~~~~~

A few more photos from today whilst I had an ... ahem ... extended lunch break. Jennifer's now sporting the long red hairdo from hell. The hair is so long it's a tangle nightmare. And I think dolls and art go well together, so I moved my 'Metropolis' framed poster to join in.
IMG_E5990.JPG
IMG_E5990.JPG (3.2 MiB) Viewed 500 times
IMG_E5991.JPG
IMG_E5991.JPG (2.21 MiB) Viewed 500 times
IMG_E5992.JPG
IMG_E5992.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 500 times
IMG_E5993.JPG
IMG_E5993.JPG (3.1 MiB) Viewed 500 times
The final photo, I thought I'd show how the dresses fit on these dolls. The SM149B is a super tiny doll, I'd think UK Size 0 clothes is about right. These dresses are more like UK Size 8 (I'm sure I read 8 in there), so really way too big. But they tie-up at the back, and on maximum tie-up they just about fit.
IMG_E5994.JPG
IMG_E5994.JPG (3.15 MiB) Viewed 500 times
These dresses have definitely given me an appetite for more dresses like this. Just imagine having 10 or more dolls each in similarly nice dresses. :D
:glou:
HtS

PS Also, you can get some incredibly hats too. I love a good hat.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:49 am
-Ragnar66- wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Many thanks Ragnar66. I do enjoy playing with colours :).
think you just changed my decision for my next months doll accessory purchases. :mrgreen: I´ve some red dreadlock wigs on my list but they´re fairly expensive. :razz: :lol: :glou:

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:34 pm
Hunt the Shunt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:49 am ...
think you just changed my decision for my next months doll accessory purchases. :mrgreen: I´ve some red dreadlock wigs on my list but they´re fairly expensive. :razz: :lol: :glou:
A red dreadlock wig sounds cool. Where would you buy it from?

I have a black dreadlock wig that came with my SM Avatar doll. That's a nice wig, but Neytiri (my other blue doll) looks better with red hair.

The long red wig Jennifer is wearing came from Shein. It was about £15. I spent 15 minutes trying to untangle it and then gave up. Once it is on, and you can ignore the tangles, it's not bad for the price. On top it is starting to look a bit threadbare now.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:28 pm
-Ragnar66- wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:34 pm
Hunt the Shunt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:49 am ...
A red dreadlock wig sounds cool. Where would you buy it from?

I have a black dreadlock wig that came with my SM Avatar doll. That's a nice wig, but Neytiri (my other blue doll) looks better with red hair.

The long red wig Jennifer is wearing came from Shein. It was about £15. I spent 15 minutes trying to untangle it and then gave up. Once it is on, and you can ignore the tangles, it's not bad for the price. On top it is starting to look a bit threadbare now.
Amazon usually. But none are actually what I´m looking for. Plain red with shiny copper is what I want. Most are either ombre style or shade of red I don´t like that much (auburn or too much orange etc.) I´ll decide later tomorrow or keep looking elsewhere. Yeah that original SMD 156 blue Avatar (which is lovely btw) has that wild style wig that I´m looking for in original promo sets. Though not the right color.

Yeah I´d given up on wigs longer than 1 foot (30-40cm) and those I had I cut to half length or more. :razz: Anyway..my doll just beeing at 155cm I can usually go for shorter style wigs which looks more natural on her. Counts the more cause we prefer human hair ones which get drastically more expensive the longer they are. 8) :glou:

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:38 pm
You gave me an idea. I thought I should try it on Jennifer. Not totally sure it works on her (especially with that outfit), but fun to try :).
IMG_E6005.JPG
IMG_E6005.JPG (2.46 MiB) Viewed 443 times
I definitely prefer the short wigs or curly wigs, because they are so much easier to maintain. Dreadlocks are very good as they don't get tangled.

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:32 am You gave me an idea. I thought I should try it on Jennifer. Not totally sure it works on her (especially with that outfit), but fun to try :).
I think it looks good on her. And with this dress too. It's original.
I wouldn't say it's dreadlocks, but rather those thin braids that some African women wear (I've always found it pretty).
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:32 am
You gave me an idea. I thought I should try it on Jennifer. Not totally sure it works on her (especially with that outfit), but fun to try :).
I definitely prefer the short wigs or curly wigs, because they are so much easier to maintain. Dreadlocks are very good as they don't get tangled.
Yes exactly that. Another fun thing is you can arrange the dreadlock ones more easily to different styles and variations. :lol:

Btw, I keep looking for THAT red dreadlock wig I want. The ones on my list even when coming close are much too expensive considering they´re far too long (60-70 cm). Also thinking about creating my own wig by just buying sets of dreadlocks then attaching to a modified unused wig I have. Similar to what african gals are doing if by default they´ve very short hair. Will see if I can get that to work.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Ragnar,
They are BRAIDS not DREADLOCKS. Just find a really long wig in the color you want, it would only take you one day to put those braids in.
You wouldn't want dreadlocks anyway, they are romanticized by people who have not actually had to deal with them.
Go get a wig and braid it!

Rev. Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

I never thought I'd be learning about dreadlocks and braids :).

~~~~~

Jennifer decided to return to her orange hair do. And then Mystique - inspired by RevJack's blue elf - decided she wanted to try out purple. Here they are with Itzel again and some friends.
IMG_E6007.JPG
IMG_E6007.JPG (2.94 MiB) Viewed 404 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

They are a vision of loveliness.
Truly beautiful.

I'm so jealous I could shit a live porcupine and then fuck it.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

RevJack wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:30 pm Ragnar,
They are BRAIDS not DREADLOCKS. Just find a really long wig in the color you want, it would only take you one day to put those braids in.
You wouldn't want dreadlocks anyway, they are romanticized by people who have not actually had to deal with them.
Go get a wig and braid it!

Rev. Jack
yup, braids. Dreadlocks is more of a hairstyle I guess. But you know what I mean. ;) However, I´ll first try with a set of braids then attaching to that unused wig and see results. After that I can still decide if I need a new wig, but ATM and for that purpose would be waste of the bits money I´d like investing for that rather minor project. :glou:

:mrgreen:

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

RevJack wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:56 pm They are a vision of loveliness.
Truly beautiful.

I'm so jealous I could shit a live porcupine and then fuck it.

Reverend Jack
Many thanks Reverend. I am guilty of the sin of jealousy too (and many other sins.) I think sinful thoughts about your faun and I am jealous of your skills that make her possible. Good job you offer absolution. :glou:
-Ragnar66- wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:26 pm ...
Love the video :thumbs_up:.

~~~

Just a side-portrait photo from today of Jennifer. I was standing beside her, drinking a cup of tea (like you do), and I thought I'd take a snap.
IMG_E6077.JPG
IMG_E6077.JPG (1.56 MiB) Viewed 355 times
HtS

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

Mystique was naked in bed today (she was helping me work off some of the Christmas excess :wink:) and this evening changed into a new outfit. The artificial light is poor in this photo but I think the outfit suits her:
E89964CF-202A-4F8C-89B1-E56A50374D03.jpeg
E89964CF-202A-4F8C-89B1-E56A50374D03.jpeg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 297 times
HtS

INFORMATIONS