betterlovedoll.com

Can love dolls have a positive effect on people's lives?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Can love dolls have a positive effect on people's lives?

Post by ZombieWinter »

ZombieWinter wrote:
Doller_85 wrote:
This is why your opinion and experience are so relevant for a research that aim at positively impact love dolls' world.
How will your research positively impact the world of love dolls? What do you plan on doing with your data that could possibly affect the world of love dolls?
Please answer my questions.
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

ZombieWinter wrote:
ZombieWinter wrote:
Doller_85 wrote:
This is why your opinion and experience are so relevant for a research that aim at positively impact love dolls' world.
How will your research positively impact the world of love dolls? What do you plan on doing with your data that could possibly affect the world of love dolls?
Please answer my questions.
I'd like to know, too.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

jantra
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by jantra »

Celtic_Babog wrote:Greatly improved my depression.
I'll make a list...

-Someone to talk to (she talks in my head)
-Someone to always give me a hug n kiss when feeling down and offer encourage
- she makes me smile just by looking at her
-I don't feel lonely with her
-she's improved my depression
-always up for sex
- now more confident in my sexual prowess
-recently has me listening to different music, as she likes a different genre to me

I'd be so lost and lonely without her tbh. I was in a very dark place b4 dolls. Saw nothing but darkness in my future but they brought a little sunshine into my life and now have hope for the future, something I'd lost for a long time.

She my Claire bear :lol:

That is beautiful Sir..................brought me to tears..................I feel the exact same way about my five and several of my friends girls...................ummmmmmm.........except for the sex part with my friends girls :D
Last edited by jiayi on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Fixed quote

BaconRid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BaconRid »

Doller_85 wrote:Are love dolls designed in an inclusive way? Why men are the main dolls customers? Can love dolls have a positive effect on people's lives?

As a researcher I ask myself many question, but I often don't know the answer. This is why your opinion and experience are so relevant for a research that aim at positively impact love dolls' world.
My name is Egon Arrigoni and I'm conducting research at the University of Trento (Italy), and I'm very much interested in hearing your answers to these, and to more questions.

If you are interested in sharing your ideas with me in an anonymous online interview, please contact me at egon.arrigoni@studenti.unitn.it.
Feel free to reach out also if you have any questions, or if you want more information.

Have a lovely Sunday! :D
Egon

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!

A few months ago I ran across this article https://acortar.link/T5zorN and changed my perspective about dolls which lead me to the point I am today. I love that the message is that man desire is not a "simple" as traditionally is seen and that it is more complex that is argued by current experts. So yes, dolls do have a positive effect on people's live.

What do you think?

-Ri
Last edited by jiayi on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

These polls and studies are a bit uncomfortable. Why does there have to be a study? Are we bugs under a microscope? Do you think we are abnormal people with some sort of freak mental condition? Nope. Many doll owners are just normal everyday people from various walks of life. Some of us are highly social and some are not, there's no "category" that will fit our demographics. These dolls are companions to some and nothing more than pleasure devices to others. There's no "typical doll owner", that doesn't exist. We are individuals with individual wants, needs, and desires. The question posed is a bit silly if you look at it seriously, obviously we feel that dolls do make an improvement on our lives or we wouldn't drop large amounts of money and wait for months on shipping to get our hands on them. In the world of dating, relationships, and marriage that exists today along with the dangers of diseases, is it really all that strange that many men (mostly men) turn to an alternative such as dolls? They are safe, comforting, and clean in a world that is absolutely not any of those things. Some would say that having a synthetic girlfriend is superior in many ways to an organic girlfriend even if the actual sex is not at the same level of satisfaction. In fact, almost every aspect of doll ownership is a positive physically, mentally, and emotionally with the exception of the lack of social acceptance. Thus one of the key reasons why this forum is so successful. Here doll owners don't have to hide from society and are free to discuss the topic with others. Anyway, that's just my two cents worth. Some will agree and others will disagree. But I believe most will absolutely agree that having a doll is a positive thing in their life for a lot of reasons.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

These polls and studies are a bit uncomfortable. Why does there have to be a study? Are we bugs under a microscope? Do you think we are abnormal people with some sort of freak mental condition? Nope. Many doll owners are just normal everyday people from various walks of life. Some of us are highly social and some are not, there's no "category" that will fit our demographics. These dolls are companions to some and nothing more than pleasure devices to others. There's no "typical doll owner", that doesn't exist. We are individuals with individual wants, needs, and desires. The question posed is a bit silly if you look at it seriously, obviously we feel that dolls do make an improvement on our lives or we wouldn't drop large amounts of money and wait for months on shipping to get our hands on them. In the world of dating, relationships, and marriage that exists today along with the dangers of diseases, is it really all that strange that many men (mostly men) turn to an alternative such as dolls? They are safe, comforting, and clean in a world that is absolutely not any of those things. Some would say that having a synthetic girlfriend is superior in many ways to an organic girlfriend even if the actual sex is not at the same level of satisfaction. In fact, almost every aspect of doll ownership is a positive physically, mentally, and emotionally with the exception of the lack of social acceptance. Thus one of the key reasons why this forum is so successful. Here doll owners don't have to hide from society and are free to discuss the topic with others. Anyway, that's just my two cents worth. Some will agree and others will disagree. But I believe most will absolutely agree that having a doll is a positive thing in their life for a lot of reasons.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

Duke777Atriedes

Post by Duke777Atriedes »

I don't trust these "studies." As an individual with a Master's Degree in a field on science, let me tell you all...all these studies you see on the news and in various publications all have an agenda. All. of. them. These studies, especially the one's about "inclusiveness" try to treat specific categories of human beings like they are all the same, almost like numbers. It's very dehumanizing on an individual level. This is why I consider 80% of the fields of psychology and sociology to be pseudo-sciences or more like philosophy. They want to treat all humans the same or as categories (race, gender, etc). But true science is replicable results, all the time, every time. But with humans, this is not true at all: not all men think or act the same way, not all women act or think the same way, not all Africans act or think the same way, etc, etc. but statistics like to sample a small sample of a population and then do some equations to account for "errors" and then generalize a whole population of people. They do it all the time on the news. Example: some people interview as many Hispanics on a college campus, maybe asking them who they are voting for, and then put the data into an equation and tweak the equation to account for errors such as variability and reliability and then they run with the results generalizing the entire U.S. population of Hispanic's opinion on who they are voting for. It's disgusting really.

If you want to know whether my doll had a positive effect on my life listen to my story below but don't categorize us into groups to generalize our existence and rob us of our individualities.

viewtopic.php?f=240&t=148124

gangooey
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gangooey »

Doller_85 wrote: Why men are the main dolls customers?
Well there's two parts to this answer. The first, is men are driven sexually in a much different way than women. Looking at it from a purely biological standpoint; impregnating as many women as possible is the most efficient route to reproduction and spreading your genes. Thus, men are mainly driven by visual attraction.

That's also why men will sleep with about any woman (though they may not admit to their friends that they slept with a fat chick, or use an excuse like "I was drunk", in order to protect the ego). There's little to no repercussions, biologically.

Women have a lot more to consider than just physical attractiveness, however. Their bodies are designed heavily around reproduction, which puts them at a strong disadvantage for survival. They generally have less body mass and muscle, so they're less suited for fending off or running away from a predator. They bleed and leave scent trails for predators to follow once a month. When pregnant, their mobility is severely hindered, etc. This causes women to have a drive to find a mate that has genes good enough for the child to be physically well off, but also a mate that is smart enough not to be killed/won't up and leave immediately after impregnating her (as she needs a mate that can protect her while she's physically vulnerable). That latter point being a bit more important to them (which is why you'll often see a woman with a man that she's physically more attractive than, but hardly ever see a very attractive man with an unattractive woman).

There's a bit more variance for both men and women. But to summarize, men are mainly driven by physical attractiveness; women are driven more emotionally and by the man's personality and demeanor.

Since dolls are physically attractive, they meet the requirements men need. They don't meet the requirements of most women, however, as they are lifeless without any of the characteristics women desire.

King Solo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by King Solo »

Let's not also forget that men have a physical need to release seed.... This extremely strong urge drives them to seek out relief, which in turn sometimes leads them into immoral situations, that they normally wouldn't find themselves in.

So, a doll is a perfect way of relieving these physical urges, without having to compromise ones character.... In a hostile male environment.
110cm Mega Vanessa Torso
viewtopic.php?t=176738

Certified advocate for properly placed LHP's :glou:

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MANABU »

OP has not participated in this discussion since October 18. Has not logged on to the forums since mid November and has not answered our questions. Perhaps we should not dignify this platform with response until OP rejoins the discussion.

Let them come to us. We don't need to write their papers for them.

Duke777Atriedes

Post by Duke777Atriedes »

MANABU wrote:OP has not participated in this discussion since October 18. Has not logged on to the forums since mid November and has not answered our questions. Perhaps we should not dignify this platform with response until OP rejoins the discussion.

Agreed. Shut this discussion down. The OP flunked out of his community college psychology class...

gangooey
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gangooey »

MANABU wrote:OP has not participated in this discussion since October 18. Has not logged on to the forums since mid November and has not answered our questions. Perhaps we should not dignify this platform with response until OP rejoins the discussion.

You're probably right. I imagine they had no intentions of interacting with us here, looking back; which is why they left their email in the OP.
Duke777Atriedes wrote:
Agreed. Shut this discussion down. The OP flunked out of his community college psychology class...
:haha4: :haha4:

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Hi Doller_85 :)

I gather you haven't been on this forum since around mid October. Anyway, my two cents' worth:-

I have been a doll owner since early 2019 and now have 11 of them. The main reason I got one in the first place was that I am in a long-distance relationship and I needed something to satisfy basic sexual urges. I was only seeing my human girlfriend around four times a year and, thanks to an appendectomy followed by COVID, I haven't been with her physically since November 2019.

I share a flat with my 91-year old mother and at least one of my girls is usually in the living-room :)
PA191663 (cropped) (Paint 3D).jpg
PA191663 (cropped) (Paint 3D).jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 333 times
P5271247_edited (Paint 3D) (resized 4000).jpg
P5271247_edited (Paint 3D) (resized 4000).jpg (876.2 KiB) Viewed 333 times
But they have become so much more than just sex objects and have really broadened my photographic horizon :)

Rather than conduct a survey, why don't you look at all the threads about doll ownership on TDF as well as on UK Love Doll Forums (UKLDF)? These will contain all the information you need. Check 'em out!

For what it's worth, I participated in a survey on UKLDF earlier in the year, followed it up with an email followed by a chaser email, neither of which has had the decency of a reply!
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Interesting blue hair there PDutus :)

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dominique-n-Splash »

Celtic_Babog,

Like your Claire Bear. Amen brother.

Best,
Splash
:B-fly:

A lion does not care about the opinion of a 100 sheep.

INFORMATIONS