kimberdoll.com

I'm panicking! I hurt her....

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Trick700
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: I'm panicking! I hurt her....

Post by Trick700 »

Cyborg63 wrote:OK thanks Trick700. Have you seen how thin Kimber fingers are?
Not sure of the scale relationship of the MF hands but my first thought is that they look too thick for Kimbers.

Thoughts?
I have no experience with Kimber, I believe MF offers different size hands though.
It will likely be an issue of how they connect to the arm skeleton.
Might have to do some homework in the thread I linked, its 50+ pages
I spent a week in there before I ordered them.

My apologies for bringing up an idea that might not work for ya.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The thickness difference will be small, if at all, but 3D printed plastic can be trimmed a little :)

Cyborg63
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cyborg63 »

Hey guys thanks for your support.
I finally had some time to work on her finger...
Good news...she is fixed.
When I set down and really looked at it I determined why the finger wire was not going back into the channel properly.
I was not pulling hard enough to get the proper opening out in front of the tip. In other words I needed to pull harder than I had pulled originally to damage it. It was scary as I kept imaging ripping her lil finger off completely. It worked....SUCCESS. it doesnt really even look like it needs any glue.

Thanks again.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

When I was a kid my uncle always told me to pull his finger. Ever since then I've been very reluctant to pull even doll fingers! :rofl:

Jokes aside, glad everything worked out for you! :thumbs_up:

KimberAnna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KimberAnna »

That is good news Cyborg.

That tactic worked for me with my KimberAnna as well, but I was a bit reluctant to suggest it earlier in the thread. I seemed to be having a constant battle with finger wires poking through the TPE, and I wasn't really sure how much regularly pulling at the fingers to re-seat the wires contributed to the issues I ended up having and I did not want to lead you down the wrong path.

Anna is used actively rather than just as a photographic model so taking ultimate care of her is not always possible all of the time! Eventually I removed all of the finger wires from both hands back to the wrist plates as I was getting regularly scratched and I really was beginning to have fears of poking one of my eyes out!

OK, I have lost the ability to manipulate Anna's fingers but I feel a whole lot safer at playtime these days. What I have to watch for now is the wrist plates damaging the TPE at the wrists. My solution was a little extreme so you can see why I didn't leap to suggest it originally. Proceed with caution I would say!

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

this is why i put 2 pairs of gloves on her lol

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

KimberAnna
a little extreme to remove finger wires

Not sure what you would describe removing the entire skeleton as :whistle: