dollstudio.org

Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM with ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 heads

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM with ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 heads

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

in the past weeks, I have introduced a number of dolls from the Z-Onedoll brand, manufactured by Chinese company GNSETC (Guangzhou New Sino Environmental Technology Company). I consider these dolls interesting and worth an indroduction because they are beautiful, they are made of silicone, they are affordable, and they have a lot of interesting customizations.

One of the many things which make GNSETC such an interesting company is that they do have a TPE background with the Hitdoll brand and still decided to focus on silicone in a time, where everybody else in China is going TPE. I like this attitude to oppose an overpowering trend with seemingly no alternative, especially from a company that has a serious TPE background.

All in all, I consider ZO currently the Chinese brand with the greatest potential.

There is no question, the ZO promotion photos are wonderful. However, the Z-Onedoll predecessor Onedoll was not without issues. This is why this Unboxing is going to be another in-depth review, leaving the comfort zone of a regular Unboxing post. Please consider this the highest form of appraisal by taking the time to look under the hood, even if it's not always pretty what you will find. Chinese companies are capable of learning very fast, and my hope is that this posting will be outdated very soon.

Also I have a serious request to any reader; please consider the price segment of this doll. It's silicone, but don't make her compete with a $8000 RealDoll. It's just not fair. You can get three ZO ladies for the price of one ReaDoll. Please always keep that in mind. I am especially interested in your feedback about the areas you - the potential customers - would be willing to make compromises, considering the price, and the areas you would like to have improved.

I ordered a Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM body style with two heads (ZO-A13 and ZO-A21). A later section in this Unboxing will discuss the configuration in more detail later, also to which degree the delivered doll matches the chosen customizations.

This Unboxing post will cover, besides some side notes, the following topics:
  • Shipping & Packaging,
  • Padding & Wrapping,
  • Configuration,
  • Accessories and Scope of supply,
  • Head(s),
  • Neck connector and skeleton,
  • Silicone blend, skin surface and skin tone,
  • Body shape and lady parts.
  • Head-to-body proportions.
  • Body cavities,
  • Hybrid doll potential.
So, let the games begin…

1) Shipping & Packaging.

Initially, I ordered to ship the doll in the flight case. ZO missed that when writing the invoice, but noticed it before shipping. The bank transfer fee to pay for this extra would have been €32,50, so I chose the default carton box.

Making the doll was quick. About one week after the order confirmation I got a Fedex International Priority tracking code. Roughly two weeks after placing the payment the package was delivered.

ZO is using a very similar carton & packing like the TPE manufacturers. The carton is padded on the sides, and the doll has a loot of room to float around in the box. On the right side of the picture below, there is > 10 cm unused space:

The
Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM with ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 heads - Dollstudio
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3557-dollstudio.JPG (755.5 KiB) Viewed 5804 times

2) Padding & Wrapping.

Instead of the regular TPE doll plush blanket, ZO is using a sleeping bag. It should protect the doll's skin from scratches during shipping. However, the doll had lots of scratches, so it's either the zipper, or the scratches happened before.

Within the sleeping bag, the doll is wrapped in a plastic bag. Hands and feet are properly padded with padding material:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3567-dollstudio.JPG (779.96 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
The carton had deep scratches on the outside and was quite distorted, but nothing poked through. Also, the neck connector did not poke through the carton, so packaging and padding was good enough, but there is room for enhancement. A smaller carton and/or more padding material would make shipping her safer.

3) Configuration.

This is the ordererd configuration; first row lists the customization, the second row lists the delivered item respecively customization:
configuration.jpg (171.29 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
The only configuration mismatches are minor; clear finger nails are not available, the green eyes insted of the forest green eyes are OK as they are hardly to distinguish, and the wig is straw blonde instead of light blonde. The neck hook was included in the package, just the back hook was missing - but the doll has no hole on the back to connect the back hook anyway.

Considering the enormous amount of customization options offered by Z-Onedoll, ZO has matched the ordered configuration surprisingly well. Compared to the trouble we had (and sometimes still have) with certain manufacturers which just can't get anything right, ZO scores better than average.

No features requiring electronics were ordered - ho sound, no heating, no animatronics. However, inside the neck connector were cut-off cables and three empty cable canals. Maybe I got a damaged doll that used to be equipped for heating? As far as I can tell, there is no way to tell for sure, unless the doll is cut open.

4) Accessories and Scope of supply.

The doll comes with quite a number of accessories; they are to be considered "gifts" since there is no official scope of supply. Meaning: What you actually get with your doll might be different.

With this shipment, a HUGE syringe, an outfit and the vagina insert was included:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3558-dollstudio.JPG (714.51 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
Also, there are a couple of item very familiar to any TPE doll owner:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3559-dollstudio.JPG (720.51 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
A pair of cotton gloves, an USB heater, a metal comb, and something like an egg-shaped vibrator (without batteries included, didn't try it out yet, and don't know where to put it).

The metal comb feels nice, much nicer than the more common plastic combs. However, on one end the comb is bent/distorted. Warning signs start blinking. A very solid metal object was bent during shipping? How was it distorted?

The vagina insert has the same size and shape as Jinshan TPE inserts:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3560-dollstudio.JPG (556.94 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
Even the (small) opening looks identical:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3561-dollstudio.JPG (391.4 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
This are the included wigs:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3562-dollstudio.JPG (573.79 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
This is wig #5, as ordered. The label reads "Ling Long 100% High temperature fiber". It looks and feels nice.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3563-dollstudio.JPG (724.09 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
This is supposed to be wig #15, but it looks more like #14. This wig had no label, and the bag was opened; wig was not in a net. Though, also looks and feels nice, but hair falls off when combing.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3564-dollstudio.JPG (720.66 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
This is the neck hook/bolt. Looks a bit different than I expected. No comment on the design and welding style…

David from ZO explained that the back hook/bolt is used for ZO dolls with heating; the neck hook/bolt is the default for dolls without electronics. So these two types of hooks are no alternative options; you get either one of them, depending on what type of doll you order:
  • neck hook/bolt (as above) - normal dolls
  • back hook/bolt - dolls with heating sound

5) Manual / Documentation / Instructions.

The first WTF. The doll comes without any manual, without any documentation, and without any instructions.

There is not even a copied sheet of paper with diagrams, illustrating the permitted range of movements.

Guys, you need to change that ASAP. Customers need to know where they can bend, tilt or twist their dolls!

(continued in next post)
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM with ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 head

Post by Dollstudio »

6) Heads.

Now the going gets tough. I ordered the heads ZO-A13 and ZO-A21. And I got A13 and A21. Kind of.

Packaging of the heads is sufficient:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3565-dollstudio.JPG (577.27 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3566-dollstudio.JPG (595.03 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
Though, it could look nicer, but it does it's job and protects the heads well enough.

This is… well what exactly is it? It should be A13:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3590-dollstudio.JPG (430.13 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
But that's what I expected to get:
Z-Onedoll A13 head - promotion photo by Z-Onedoll
Z-Onedoll A13 head - promotion photo by Z-Onedoll
zo-a13-head.jpg (484.57 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
The head I received looks like someone kicked her teeth in. Also the mouth is distorted, the oral cavity is not centered, and the base plate sticks out:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3592-dollstudio.JPG (781.6 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3584-dollstudio.JPG (615.34 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
It seems, the misaligned base plate also affects how the head sits on the neck:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3598-dollstudio.JPG (519.93 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
Not even a wig helps to soften the distorted appearance:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3597-dollstudio.JPG (722.5 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
I have absolutely no idea what happened to this beautiful head sculpt - and I don't quite understand why such a head is shipped to a customer. This is clearly a quality control issue.

Now lets take a look at the A21 head:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3603-dollstudio.JPG (684.11 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
She's a beauty!

Her looks are sceptical, maybe even a bit disparaging. It's not my favourite type of woman, but I have a pretty good idea which character she will become - she's an Italian ;-)

This head is flawless.

But wait… there is no oral cavity.

Though, both heads are labeled as "oral heads":
Oral heads - official specs by Z-Onedoll (screenshot)
Oral heads - official specs by Z-Onedoll (screenshot)
zo-oral-a13-a21.jpg (91.81 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
The heads are the second WTF of this Unboxing. One head is beautiful and flawless, but does not match the most up-to-date specs, the other one is severely flawed.

David from ZO explained that they already have two different kinds of mould for this head, and a third one is under preparation:
First is head with oral cavity but with holes (for buttons) in the back; the second type is without oral cavity but holes in the back. We are still making another mould with oral cavity and no holes.
That's a real bummer. There are variants of the heads nobody knows about, and there are no photos showing the differences!

David continued:
Considering that you may not like the holes in the back, so we shipped you a head without oral cavity.
This is exciting! It's not the specs that are wrong, but someone made a - fairly reasonable - decision. That's most honorable, but the customer should know about when decisions like this are made in the background. Please, guys, talk to us, before changing the specs of the shipped items!

Both heads were chosen by the specs sheet to have an oral cavity. That's what many customers are asking for - 'does this head have an oral cavity?' If the customer chooses an oral head by the specs sheet, he should get a head with an oral cavity.

Dear customers, what's you opinion on this? An oral head without oral cavity, or an oral head with holes in the back?

However, the existence of head variants is wonderful! We just need to know about them. And we need to see comparison photos how they look, side-by-side.

More photos of the received heads later.

(continued in next post)
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

7) Neck connector and Skeleton.

To connect the heads with the body, a standard M16 connector is used - exactly the same one as used for most TPE dolls.

ZO is the only silicone doll manufacturer using this kind of connector (Sanhui and JM use smaller threads, DS/EX has a proprietary connector similar as the one used by Japanese brands). I don't like screwing around with doll's heads, but this simple connector enables an interesting array of possibilities for hybrid dolls. Basically, the ZO heads can be adapted to almost any other doll. Which is quite cool.

Later in this Unboxing post I will show some hybrid dolls based on M6-to-something adapters.

Also, a shameless plug: If you don't like to screw heads onto your doll's body, we are developing an adapter which replaces the thread with a strong magnet. This adapter will work on all dolls with threaded M16 neck connector - this includes Z-Onedoll (non-intelligent types without heating/sound), WM Doll, YL Doll, OR Doll, Jellynew, Maiden Doll, and Doll House 168. Please stay tuned for a separate announcement later.

However, the doll I received had an issue with the neck which looks like this:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3582-dollstudio.JPG (527.69 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
This is another WTF. What exactly happened with her neck? This is not the way a factory fresh doll should look like.

This is a closeup-look into the neck connector:
2016-09-17-21-24-12.jpg (648.05 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
Inside the neck, there are cut wires:
2016-09-17-21-23-49.jpg (521.71 KiB) Viewed 5788 times

The skeleton seems to be akin with the Jinshan TPE skeletons; I got never confirmation for the actual heritage. However, it is definitely not identical. It is better than any Jinshan skeleton I have ever seen. Much better.

Most notably:
  • wrists are hinged,
  • ankles are hinged,
  • the neck is hinged,
  • the screws of the standing skeleton is encapsulated.
ZO fixed (almost) everything I dislike in Jinshan skeletons. The idiotic gooseneck is gone, so the neck doesn't creak or squeak when moving the head. The wrists feel rather solid; the ankles are very tight, maybe even a bit too tight - but they support standing. More on that later.

The standing skeleton with three screws poking through the soles of the feet is no engineering masterpiece. It has never been. The uncapsulated screws in Jinshan's standing skeletons are nothing but an offense. They damage the floor easily, poke holes in expensive shoes and pose a risk for injuries. It is no magic to PUT CAPS ONTO THE SCREWS. Jinshan is ignoring this request for months, Z-Onedoll just did it. THANK YOU, Z-Onedoll!

Also, the big toe is poseable and has an embedded wire.

One foot from below:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3573-dollstudio.JPG (421.86 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
…and the other foot from below:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3572-dollstudio.JPG (424.53 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
Whoops, one screw is missing?

No, it is not, as David from ZO explained: "[…] there are 3 studs under the feet, so there is another stud under that skin, it is normal […]". That's quite interesting. As it seems, the caps are added when the skeleton is assembled and before silicone is poured. So some poor Chinese factory worker needs to figure out where the caps are and then cut off the silicone around it…

But then, where do the metal splinters come from?
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3574-dollstudio.JPG (443.55 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
Generally, it appears to be a good idea to wash a factory fresh ZO with a sponge and some tap water after her arrival.

I'll take a closer look at the standing capability of the standing skeleton later. But just a short note in advance: It works. Actually, it works very well.

But be warned, standing dolls are highly addictive… :-)

8 ) Silicone blend, Skin surface and Skin tone.

The important facts first: If you think a WM/YL/OR doll is still not soft enough, or if you enjoy jiggly breasts and bubbly butts, a Z-Onedoll might not be the right choice for you. The silicone is rather hard, some Shore-A material and much harder than the Shore-00 blends commonly used in medium range to high-end silicone dolls like Doll Affair or Maidlee Doll.

However, I do like this silicone blend. If feels robust, if you grab her arm, you don't feel the skeleton. She can rest on her elbows in "doggystyle" position, and the skeleton doesn't poke through immediately. This is good!

Also, the silicone surface is non-tacky and (almost) non-oily. You probably won't have to powder her every other day. This is also good!

And there are more advantages of this silicone blend. A ZO doll can sit for days without getting a flat butt, and she can lean onto a wall without getting dents or bruises immediately.

However, there are a couple of issues with the mold quality. There are holes in the skin surface, pigment enclosures and uneven spots. Here are some examples:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3580-dollstudio.JPG (771.25 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
Other silicone manufacturer have holes like this as well. These holes are usually evened out in post-processing, before the doll is shipped to the customer. Things like this are expensive, and it might be one of the compromises necessary to offer a silicone doll for the price of a TPE doll.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3585-dollstudio.JPG (695.27 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
These brown spots are enclosed in the skin. They can not be washed off.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3577-dollstudio.JPG (781.19 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
Not sure what this is. It's half inside the skin surface and partially peels off.

What's your take on that? Would you accept some uneven spots on the doll's skin surface, considering the bargain price Z-Onedoll is offering?

Other issues encountered: Neither the finger nor the toe nails stick to the body.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3581-dollstudio.JPG (440.21 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
This is how the doll came out of her wrapping (on day1). Since then, the nails are falling off like leafes from an autumn tree. After day 2, four finger nails and three toe nails fell off. This is no disaster, unless you loose the nails, but it's just not good enough for a factory fresh doll. On a DS/EX, glued-on nails hold for months. The way finger and toe nails are glued onto the doll clearly needs to be improved - or spare nails should be supplied by default. Considering the rate the nails fall off, you will loose one sooner or later.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Some closeups of the skin surface:
2016-09-17-19-54-41.jpg (508.83 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
In this area, pigmentation is not homogenous.
2016-09-17-19-55-51.jpg (451.79 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
This are the brown enclosures.
2016-09-17-19-56-57.jpg (453.58 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
This is a part of the skin surface that peels off.
2016-09-17-19-58-09.jpg (480.74 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
This is one of the many not evened-out holes in the skin surface.

Skin tone comparison with a Happy Doll Nori:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3611-dollstudio.JPG (483.35 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
On the nipples, wearing off of the body makeup is already visible (day 2).

The fact that the body makeup is not really permanent might be one of the bigger issues with Z-Onedoll and requires further investigation.

9) Lady parts.

As mentioned before, Z-Onedoll recommends the built-in vagina. Here is a possible reason why this recommendation is made:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3578-dollstudio.JPG (456.65 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
Above, you can see the cavity with cutouts for the vagina insert. It's not as bad as it looks. The vaginal cavity is "just" not cut out cleanly. However, it does not look pretty.

Another issue with the insert variant is that it is really hard to get the insert into the vaginal cavity because the material is less elastic than Jinshan TPE. Time will tell if removing/inserting the insert causes tears after a while.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3579-dollstudio.JPG (384.37 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
That's the anal cavity. On the left, this is not a tear, at least not yet. However, it's not a pretty sight, either. This is not the way a factory fresh doll should look like (IMHO). I would prefer body cavities that look smooth and clean.

I'll do a closer inspection of the body cavities later.

The Vulva from the front with legs closed:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3571-dollstudio.JPG (405.72 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
…and with legs slighly opened:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3583-dollstudio.JPG (427.51 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
This looks better. At least for a short period of time - the body makeup seems to be not permanent, so the color on the labiae vanishes quickly. The extrinsic colors rub off within days, even without showering or fondling. This probably affects all areas with body makeup - mouth, nipples, areolae, and labiae.

Also, around the areolae there is a white residue that can not be washed off:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3569-dollstudio.JPG (403.1 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
David from ZO guessed that the white residue could be powder that can be washed off, but it is not. David suggested to try "makeup remover". I didn't try this yet. "makeup remover" on silicone, really?

The sides of the left nipple already had no color on day 1; on day 2, most of the nipple and areola color was gone.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

10) Range of movements and Poseability.

As mentioned before, the skeleton is surprisingly good. The joints are a bit tight, but that's necessary to allow the doll to stand on her own feet and to keep a pose.

All joints you might want to have are there.

The can do doggystyle…
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3620-dollstudio.JPG (449.1 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3621-dollstudio.JPG (503.42 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
… and bend in the waist:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3622-dollstudio.JPG (401.99 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Also, she can rotate sideways:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3623-dollstudio.JPG (433.78 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3624-dollstudio.JPG (411.76 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
At some point you will feel resistance; the limitations are not from the skeleton, but from the silicone which is less elastic than TPE. It's similar with a DS/EX: The skeleton can do much more poses than the completed doll allows. In some cases, the silicone skin limits the range of movements, not the skeleton.

Her movements can appear very elegant and charming…
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3625-dollstudio.JPG (559.93 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
…and she can look very sweet:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3626-dollstudio.JPG (551.6 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Considering the price tag of this doll, I don't have any complaints about the skeleton. Range of movements and poseability is excellent for a doll in this price range.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

11) Standing skeleton.

The standing skeleton works pretty much out of the box. Just straighten the legs a bit and put the doll on her feet, and voilà, she stands!

With some adjusting, she can stand fully unsupported in the middle of the room. But that's a bit insecure, and the required body stances look rather clumsy.

It's much better to allow her to lean on something for a third point of support.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3615-dollstudio.JPG (576.68 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Here, she stands freely; only a part of the hand touches the door. That suffices to make her stand solid.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3616-dollstudio.JPG (690.45 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Here she touches the door know and even sticks out her butt, but still stands rock solid:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3619-dollstudio.JPG (644.11 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Side note: That awkward nurse outfit came with the doll. I guess I need to go shopping for her soon… ;-)

The standing capability of the Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM doll is breathtaking. Making her stand is easy, and she stands rock-solid. I have her leaning against the wall for 48 hours, and she doesn't shake a bit.

The price for this standing capability is high: The soles of the feet are less than pretty. But the standing makes a real difference. To me, dolls without the capability of standing appear some kind of bedridden. A reasonably well working standing capability removes that handicap. You just need to decide if you can live with the three holes in the soles of each foot.

I wish, the medium-range an higher-end doll makers would match this standing capability. At the moment, there are very few standing dolls out there. It's a capability that makes ZO dolls really stand out from the rest!

I don't have feedback from any standing doll maker, but if the doll stands as solid as this ZO-160 SM, it might even be an option for long-term storage. David, do you have an opinion on that? Would the skeleton and the joints survive standing unharmed for months?

A final note for owners of TPE dolls with standing skeleton: The on ZO uses is different. It is similar, but better. First, the screws in the soles of the feet are encapsulated, so the doll can stand on parquet or shoes without causing damage to the subsoil. Second, the firmer silicone material makes her more robust for standing and for leaning against a wall. I wouldn't dare to make a TPE doll stand for extended periods of time. With this ZO-160 SM I do dare.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

12) Body details.

Now to some closeups with body details. The hands and feet are small, but they show a lot of nice details:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3613-dollstudio.JPG (474.92 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3614-dollstudio.JPG (541.87 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
The hands have wires and are poseable. They can hold small objects.

However, the wrists rotate less than a human wrist does. Once more, I believe this is caused by the silicone material, not by the skeleton.

In the feet, the big toe is poseable.

Here is a detail shot of the breasts. The body makeup is dissapearing; this shot was taken on day 2:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3627-dollstudio.JPG (447.88 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
The pigmentation on the left areola is partially gone, the pigmentation on the right nipple and areola is almost completely gone. I did neither shower this doll not fondle the breasts. It's just from moving around and lifting her.

I consider this a major issue as body makeup should just be permanent.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

13) Body cavities.

Now let's take a closer look at the body cavities. As usual, I'm using some gynecological tools and an endoscope for theat.

Vaginal cavity: The entry of the vaginal canal is spread slightly open with a bivalved speculum, then the endoscope is inserted into the canal.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3629-dollstudio.JPG (502.14 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
That's an closeup of the torn matter near the labiae:
DCIM0005.JPG (459.13 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
Inside the vaginal canal there is no texture as this doll is designed for an vagina insert.

At the end of the vaginal canal there is the aequivalent of a TPE ball in a TPE doll:
DCIM0006.JPG (483.74 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
I assume this is a silicone plug that is glued into the doll after demolding.
DCIM0009.JPG (443.35 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
In the picture above, there is a white substance visible. It's solid and might be some silicone glue.

Anal cavity: The entry of the anal canal is spread slightly open with a trivalved speculum, then the endoscope is inserted into the canal.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3630-dollstudio.JPG (543.83 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Closeup of the anal entry with the ridge that looks like a tear (upper left of the picture):
DCIM0007.JPG (512.24 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
Inserting the endoscope in the anal cavity; on the sides, you can see the spreader:
DCIM0010.JPG (535.07 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
The anal canal has a texture on the walls.

This is the bottom end of the anal canal:
DCIM0011.JPG (457.51 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
I'll post an inspection of the oral cavity of the A13 head later.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

14) Head details & Body to head proportions.

Now let's take a look at the A13 and A21 heads.

This is ZO-A21. It looks different from the promotion photos, but is beautiful and flawless - except that it is supposed to be an oral head, but has no oral cavity:

ZO-A21 with brown eyes and blonde ZO factory wig #14 or #15:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3603-dollstudio.JPG (684.11 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3602-dollstudio.JPG (751.21 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3605-dollstudio.JPG (795.46 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
Don't know… I think she's not a blonde.

ZO-A21 with brown eyes and short brown ZO factory wig #05:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3606-dollstudio.JPG (587.21 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3607-dollstudio.JPG (590.6 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3608-dollstudio.JPG (617.54 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3609-dollstudio.JPG (569.02 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
That's much better. She needs dark hair.

Both original ZO wigs are quite OK. They look and feel nice. But they loose a lot of hair when combing, so they won't last long.

Closeup of the "forest green eyes" on head ZO-A13.

I am not absolutely sure, but I believe this are the regular green eyes (green, with some amber around the pupil). The forest green eyes have more amber, less green, and not dark area surrounding the iris. But I may be wrong.

However, both eyes are nice. They are much better than the regular Jinshan eyes as used by WM/YL/OR etc. and can compete with the more realistic eyes used by DH168.

The eyes are poseable. ZO uses full-round plastic eyes with 32-33 mm diameter. This is a similar size as used in TPE dolls, but in TPE dolls, half-round eyes are used, padded with cotton fiber in the back. Full rounds are - theoretically - better as they can not sink in. However, these eye balls are not so easy to adjust as they stick to the silicone. I'll try to make them move easier by adding some powder into the eye sockets.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3633-dollstudio.JPG (719.95 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
This is a closeup of a removed eye ball. Not so nice: There is a big scratch running from the pupil through the iris.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3632-dollstudio.JPG (573.41 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
Also not so nice: There is a lot of dirt on the back of the eye ball - which can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol or ethanol - and they are not fully round; the front side of the eye ball is about 0.5 mm bigger than the rear. This might be another reason why these eye balls are so hard to adjust.
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3631-dollstudio.JPG (645.12 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
The eyes used by ZO are excellent, but they require some more post-processing to make them ready for showtime. They need to be removed, cleaned, the edges need to be sanded smoothly, then they have to be cleaned again and inserted back.

It would be nice if the factory would do this, but it's probably another tradeoff for the bargain price of these silicone dolls. Caring your your doll will take a lot of time anyway, so this is not a big issue.

However, it is another major issue that upper and lower eye lashes fall of as soon as you touch them. Like finger and toe nails, obviously a glue is used that is not good enough.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

15) Hybrid doll configurations.

We nearing the end of this Unboxing post. The last topic I'll cover is a hybrid doll configuration.

Building hybrid dolls based on a ZO body or ZO head is extremly easy as the used M16 connector is so simple. With our adapter system, we can create hybrid dolls with numerous mix & match configurations.

This is the DollWorks DS-to-M16 adapter:
Hybrid doll Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM with Doll Sweet ›Youyi‹ head - Dollstudio
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3640-dollstudio.JPG (419.27 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
You just need to remove the base plate from the DS head and replace it with the adapter.
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3641-dollstudio.JPG (426.96 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
Then you srew in a M16 thread as supplied by ZO together with every head.

And now you can put any DS head onto your ZO body. This is Doll Sweet's Youyi head:
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3647-dollstudio.JPG (841.42 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
This also works the other way around; with another adapter, you can connect any ZO head to any DS/EX body.

This is Youyi on the ZO-160 SM body by Z-Onedoll:
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3642-dollstudio.JPG (371.36 KiB) Viewed 5658 times
The skin tones obviously do not match 100%. Doll Sweet's LPink is a bit lighter than ZO's "Natural" skin tone; DS has a bit more yellow in the skin tone, ZO has more pink:
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3646-dollstudio.JPG (496.19 KiB) Viewed 5658 times
Above is a color-calibrated image; above is the DS head in skin tone LPink, the body is ZO's "Natural".
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3649-dollstudio.JPG (841.21 KiB) Viewed 5658 times
I believe this combo works well enough because the head can be a bit lighter than the body skin tone. With tome makeup it's be perfect - as long as the doll wears some clothes.

For nudes, the skin tones don't match good enough out of th box.

The adapter allows all movements of a M16 thraded head: Rotate sideways, bend up and down - and it's stron enough to hold the weight of the head:
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3652-dollstudio.JPG (593.04 KiB) Viewed 5658 times
Yeah, sweet Youyi, you can enjoy your new body ;-)
hybrid-zo-160-sm-ds-youyi-3654-dollstudio.JPG (543.06 KiB) Viewed 5658 times
(continued in next posting)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

16) Conclusion.

Thank you for following me through this lengthy Unboxing post. I think you got a good impression of my emotions when I received this shipment with great expectations, and then step by step disillusionment took over.

There are a couple of things that just need improvement. The key points are:
  • The doll needs to come with some kind of documentation. That doesn't need to be an exhaustive 100-page handbook, but at least a diagram of the permitted range of movements is the bare minimum. We need to know which poses are allowed and which might harm the skeleton or the silicone.
  • Some kind of stricter end control is required. A distorted head like the A13 I got should never be shipped to an end customer, at least not without clearly stating that it is flawed. At least some cleaning of the doll should be done before shipping; metal splinters do not belong into a commercially sold product that is intended for intimate use - we can not expect that every customer has enough self-control to inspect and clean a sexy lady, after waiting for weeks. So the doll should be a bit cleaner when leaving the factory - drop-shipped dolls will reach the customer as they leave the factory, so we need to keep this in mind.
  • The doll that is shipped to the customer should match the specs. E.g., if a head is specified as an "oral head" we need to get an oral head.
  • Finger nails, toe nails, and eye lashes must not fall off one day after delivery. This is a silly custom inherited from TPE dolls, and silicone dolls can and must do better. It's "just" a matter of using the right primer before gluing plastic onto silicone. Other manufacturers have mastered this, so ZO needs to catch up quickly.
  • Body makeup needs to be permanent and must not rub off within days after delivery. Again, this is a silly custom inherited from TPE dolls, and silicone dolls can and must do better. We can not expacty from the customer to tech himself how to airbrush silicone pigment onto his doll.
Also, there are a couple of things that could be improved, but they might be considered debatable. The key points are:
  • Packaging could be improved to prevent the doll from moving around too much in a big carton. Shipping in a flight case is probably even more problematic. In my case, I did not discover obvious shipping damages, so from own experience this is not super urgent - but I believe it's always better to be safe than sorry.
  • The doll could be cleaner; the residue I found in the oral canal, around the areolae, on the neck, on the back of the eye balls and on the soles of the fees is not pretty. This is definitely not a major issue as the customer can do the cleaning himself, but a clean doll just makes a better first impression.
  • The same applies to the way cuts are made - the neck area and the lady parts could look prettier with some more careful post-processing, and it would just be favourable if the vagina would look less torn - again, this would make a better first impression.
  • It's not fully clear why cut wires are in a non-intelligent doll without body heating and sound. Again, this is no biggie, but it's also not necessary.
  • The doll could be more lightweight by embedding a foam core. My guesstimate is that ZO could save at least four to six kilos by using foam cores in the chest area and the thights. However, this might lead to complications with the models with body heating, so the massive silicone body may be a necessary compromise to keep both product lines affordable.
And finally, to the good things that I like about this doll:
  • The firm silicone is nice for photography and posing. I like that it's not sticky and leaks almost no oil. Also it's good to support the standing skeleton. There are numerous dolls out there with ultra-soft and more or less oily silicone blends, so I highly appreciate that ZO offers an alternative. However, gel-filled breasts would be an enhancement - but I can live without it.
  • The skeleton is better than expected. The range of movements ist very nice, and all major weaknesses of TPE skeletons were improved: Wrists and ankles are properly hinged, and even the neck is hinged - excellent! The hands feel robust, and so far I did not experience finger pokes or any other skeleton parts poking through the synthetic skin. The poseable big toe is a nice bonus. All in all, I am very pleased with the range of movements.
  • The standing skeleton works like a charm. Making this doll stand is easy, and she keeps a pose most steadily. Encapsulating the screws in the soles of the feet are a small, but most useful improvement over all standing TPE skeletons which makes a real difference in useability. You don't have to worry about your floor with a standing ZO - excellent!
  • The A21 head is flawless, even if it does not have an oral cavity. It's a beautiful face and a pretty head sculpt which can match the beauty of many popular TPE faces. It's enjoyable to look at it. Also, the eyes are great. They look better than the eyes used by most TPE manufacturers.
  • Last but not least, I like this doll. Of course this is very subjective and it wouldn't apply if I had only received the distorted A13 head, but it's the overall impression that matters in the end. I believe this is a reasonably good doll at a bargain price which just needs a little more love from the factory.
Obviously you need to be prepared to make a couple of compromises when purchasing a silicone doll for the price of a TPE doll. But the doll has enough potential to compete with quite some medium range and - in some aspects - even with high-end silicone dolls. For example, the standing capability is basically unmatched, except for a few exotic models by Japanese manufacturers - coming with a price tag of $8000 and above.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Addenda:

I got a request to show some more from the ZA-A13 head. Please not that something went wrong with this head. It's not the way it should look like.

ZO-A13 head "unplugged" with green eyes and without wig:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3590-dollstudio.JPG (430.13 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3589-dollstudio.JPG (380.52 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3591-dollstudio.JPG (402.52 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
ZO-A13 head with green eyes and original ZO #14/#15 wig:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3593-dollstudio.JPG (648.44 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3594-dollstudio.JPG (742.17 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3595-dollstudio.JPG (677.3 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3597-dollstudio.JPG (722.5 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
ZO-A13 head with green eyes and original ZO #05 wig:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3599-dollstudio.JPG (607.01 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3600-dollstudio.JPG (630.25 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
This head could be nice if the would not be distored and had proper bunny teeth, as shown on the promotion photos.

This are closeups of the mouth:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3592-dollstudio.JPG (781.6 KiB) Viewed 5753 times

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Some more closeups of the mouth area of the ZO-A13 head from different angles:
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3634-dollstudio.JPG (689.11 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3635-dollstudio.JPG (696 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3636-dollstudio.JPG (767.83 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
unboxing-zo-160-sm-a13-a21-3638-dollstudio.JPG (846.4 KiB) Viewed 5752 times

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

First off I like to say thank you for being an honest vendor and showing potential customers the truth. I look forward to your straight forward, honest, and sometimes hilarious reviews. All I have to say is they should have known better then to send a doll in that condition to an honest vendor like yourself. I would be furious if I paid all of that money for a doll in that condition, they really need to fix their quality, that's appalling. Thank you for your honesty, you are awesome.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Closeup inspection of the oral head ZO-A13.

A while ago I inspected a couple of TPE heads - they all have oral capability - and discovered some strange things in the read end. Since an endoscope is a merely visual technology, I could not figure out what exactly I was seeing. But I made a note trying to better understand how TPE heads are constructed internally. Especially if they are sealed properly, and if they use something similar like the ridiculous TPE plug that loosens in most TPE dolls over time.

Since the silicone ZO dolls are so closely akin with TPE, I was curious how the oral cavity of a ZO head is designed.

So let's start the inspection. This is the probe taking a picture of the mouth and the bunny teeth that look kicked-in:
DCIM0016.JPG (501.43 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Now the probe enters the oral canal and is inside the mouth:
DCIM0017.JPG (481.21 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Moving forward about two centimeters:
DCIM0018.JPG
DCIM0018.JPG (476.99 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
That white matter around the walls of the oral cavity is loose. It feels like silicone residue.

I highly recommend to wash out oral heads like this before usage!

The oral cavity takes a turn above. This is the normal design in almost all dolls on the market. The dolls do not have a throat going down the neck, but an oral cavity facing upward, where the brain would be in a human woman. In dolls like this, you can literally f**k her brains out.
DCIM0019.JPG
DCIM0019.JPG (495.93 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
But the matter in the rear of the picture looks different from the silicone before.

This is a closeup of the rear end of the oral canal.
DCIM0020.JPG
DCIM0020.JPG (463.15 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Well not quite the end. The end of the oral canal is not sealed at this point. The probe can move forward into the black area…
DCIM0021.JPG
DCIM0021.JPG (477.99 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
…looses focus…
DCIM0022.JPG
DCIM0022.JPG (492.92 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
…and can not get a clear picture…
DCIM0023.JPG
DCIM0023.JPG (467.74 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
…but these structures look like fiberglass.

In this case, the oral cavity seems to be unsealed at the back. It's identical with Jinshan TPE heads. Their end seems to be not sealed at the end as well.

However, I do not have confirmation for any of this and I might be completely wring in interpreting what the endoscope probe shows me.

Sandro

INFORMATIONS