SexDollAmerica.com

Salon.com and Still Lovers book

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Welcome to the forum SeekingJoanna, good to see unlurking.

Feel free to contribute further when you feel inclined.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Welcome, SJ,

(for some reason, reading your name SeekingJoanna, I kept seeing Visions of (Bob Dylan's) Johanna, but then noted the spelling difference :lol: -We do have some creative names here :wink: )

Yes, Meghan did a great job, didn't she? :)

The Asperger's affiliation to one degree or another does fit a good many of us here, but don't let that categorisation get in the way of your enjoyment. It is human nature to Name and Categorise and Label things.
Just enjoy your impulses as long as they aren't harmful, and look at all the pretties we have here!

Welcome to the Forum, and feel free to jump in wherever you want... it's a pretty wide-ranging and free-spirited place we have here, overseen by caring and hard-working individuals who keep it a Safe Place for us :D

Have fun,
PBS & Lily
Lily Godwin & Eden Gardner's Doll Albums are here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10095

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

We just got our copy of the book... here is my review...

The photography is wonderful... no surprise there... the author knows how to compose and always does first rate work.

The text however... well... Warren and Elinor?

What the heck is up with that? You could have used Jerry and Adriana... I mean... that is how we are known to the doll community. (So now our psudoname has a psudoname... how odd is that?) :?

Adriana wanted a "Patty Playpal" doll... not a Patsie Playpal.

Also known as a Pattie Playpal:
http://www.mastercollector.com/articles ... 2301.shtml

And lastly... it's St. Louis, Missouri... not Kansas City. Hell... the French and the Canadians both did a peice on Adriana and Jerry from St. Louis... complete with footage of the arch.

I wish we could have read the book prior to going into print... but at least now when I misbehave Adriana calls me Warren... and I call her Elinor... the kids and friends have no clue.

At least if someone walks up to me in the street and calls me "Warren" I'll know that they have read the book.

Elena... great book... but next time... use the moniker that has been used in the doll community so that we have continuity.

Jerry

(Stop pouting... I'm just giving you a hard time... still getting back at me for the butt retouching?) 8)
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I can understand the POV, however, I wonder if the author was just trying to further protect identity.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

INFORMATIONS